facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 17, 2018, 10:15 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
There are some in this forum that like to repeat Liton mossadek and Shanto every two posts in every thread. Liton and Mosaddek are currently in the national side and we are getting a full picture of their quality contribution right now. Before the duck Liton was averaging 15. So obviously now Shanto is the next big hype. I am tired of young players making ZERO contribution to our team. If this means leaning back on nostalgia then so be it! This world cup is the last time we will have Mash as captain and therefore our best chance with the current group to do something memorable. I don't give a rat's behind if it means a junior player has to wait for his chance another 6 months. We need players who can get in and perform right away in english conditions. If Ashraful can perform in the A team and NCL, I will back him over any of these young "talents"
Could not agree more. I am tired of seeing all these so called "talented" worthless young players. Before Bijoy made his debut, people were saying that he would be the first Bangladeshi to have 50+ avergae Now I hear that Shanto is the next Ponting waiting to be unleashed.

Ash is a proven player. Yes, he fixed matches and what not. But Ash had performed before in English condition. If and I repeat...IF he performs well in domestic, I dont see why we should not allow him to play WC. We have a cup to win, and we should leave no stone unturned

Old September 17, 2018, 12:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
100% agreed. The only thing for Ash is his fitness as he has been out of competitive cricket for so long. Anyone who can handle Murali, McGrath, Shaoib and co can handle current opposition bowlers. What impressed me about him was his match analysis over the years he was out of cricket. He seems to have matured and certainly knows the high standard that is required to make this team. At number 7, he won't need to get big scores because we have 4 senior cricketers who can set the base till 45th.

As for Mithun, the scorecard reads half century but from what I have seen he looked clueless against pace bowling. Not convinced at all.
His comment not mine. Translating so may lose the essence but:

"All balls are 4 or 6 ball if you can play the right shot." That was his mentality before selling his country. If his attitude and integrity didn't change, God help us. One bad apple is all needed to give away all the gains we did in the last 5 years. That one bad apple influences other innocent ones if not reborn. (See certain country on the west side of Ind.) That's why I don't want them to play in our league as well (All of them). He brings too big a baggage for me.
Old September 17, 2018, 12:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
It's not about "Who is more deserving". It is more about who can contribute the most to our team. His past and experience is an asset. In need, he can give you the most bang for the buck.

Sometimes we need to put our egos aside and in check.
This. Fully agree.
Old September 17, 2018, 02:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

We're basically playing with 5 players. Ashraful or anyone for that matter contributung brisk 20's and 30s are more than welcome
Old September 17, 2018, 04:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman

Ash is a proven player. Yes, he fixed matches and what not. But Ash had performed before in English condition. If and I repeat...IF he performs well in domestic, I dont see why we should not allow him to play WC. We have a cup to win, and we should leave no stone unturned
In what exactly! That he can put out that one odd innings in every solar eclipse. Ashraful had an average of 22 in ODIs, whereas Anamul has 30 and has same number of hundreds from only 37 games. Also, you mentioned about his domestic performance, guess what, Shanto had better performances in it as well.
Old September 17, 2018, 04:52 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zura
In what exactly! That he can put out that one odd innings in every solar eclipse. Ashraful had an average of 22 in ODIs, whereas Anamul has 30 and has same number of hundreds from only 37 games. Also, you mentioned about his domestic performance, guess what, Shanto had better performances in it as well.
In performance...He has to perform really really well in order to get a call back. Just few 50s here and there will not cut it for him. He needs to bring a performance to the table that is hard to overlook and only then he should be in consideration.

Lets not worry about what he did in the past. Lets worry about what he can bring to the table now. If he performs well, dont see why he should not be allowed to get in since the young players are busy beating up a child or fornication
Old September 17, 2018, 07:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

So on the back end of shooting our 10th episode, which is now out btw, please check the BC Podcast thread, we could not help but talk about Md Ashraful.

We decided we could package it together for a raw episode. Plan to do more of these, where we will be shooting for specific topics only. The chopping of the usual episodes to shorter pieces is still in the backburner. Not getting enough time to do that, but will do soon.

Old September 17, 2018, 08:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Problem with all of you is that you are viewing Ash through the lens of stats. Well you can't solely judge from that alone. He has the x factor which is far more important. He won many a matches for us. Hay bigraye gese which might have forced some errros and shoddy performances and even he was green back then, but past is past. He carries a lot of batting wisdom with us which we can use. But you can't tip toe around the issue that he is teacher's favorite student or coach's star player.

You have to acknowledge what it is for what it is instead of being all PC. No. All players are not created equal. Some DO deserve front seat without having to prove themselves once again.

Remember we need him. Not other way around. Just like a CEO coolly has to use his best resources to optimize.

Although I am in the middle of it. But so far I am agreeing with Mufi only.

Roey is right. He is a brand. And that is my point!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 17, 2018, 09:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Hahahaaaa maybe if you properly groom Ash, he could be the next consistent top order batting partner we need for Tamim??? If not top order, middle order or a finisher? Are we ready for this?
Old September 18, 2018, 06:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Ash has played some good innings in ODIs, still inconsistent though. Now since this match is a long format match let’s look at his test record. All of his test tons bar one were against Sri Lanka, the other was against India, his next highest, 98, was against Zimbabwe and then after that there is an 81 vs WI.

His other 6 test half centuries came against Sri Lanka, NZ, zim, Pakistan, India.

The one quality bowler was murali, vaas was a more than decent bowler but not on the same level, the Pakistan half century he would’ve faced Akhtar, maybe include harbhajan singh and there was kumble but the two best bowlers he scored against were murali and shoaib.

It’s more that ash didn’t deserve this selection, and I don’t believe the team needs him. I’m happy if he earns a recall through performance, but getting an A team call straight after a ban with no recent quality FC performances behind him and an average test record where the only team he really scored against was Sri Lanka, well I see no reason for it.

Just as was said, others can show their stuff in the NCL and that’s exactly what should’ve happened with ash, let the players who’ve earned it take the spots, if ash is that good he could’ve played NCL and showed that he deserves a recall through weight of runs.

Like I’ve said before, it’s not like ash is a proven senior player coming back from injury, he’s been out for a significant period of time and his test record is below average. Did his last test match hundred, the 190, play a part in this selection? Maybe but that was more than 5 years ago now. It’s certainly not about egos.

Soumya has a test match 86 against boult, Southee and Wagner in NZ. Does that mean soumya should be picked every match just so that the team can cash in on that every now and then quality innings? Can say the same with Liton, got a good half century in SA, so he should be in the team all the time because he’s got that one innings against quality opposition in tough conditions?

There is absolutely no question that ash didn’t earn this A team call up, whether he has the talent, whether he’s scored runs against murali, whether it’s just against the HP unit. Heck put ash in the HP team if it’s about talent and you want to see what he is capable of. A team jersey should be earned.
Old September 18, 2018, 06:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Ash has played some good innings in ODIs, still inconsistent though. Now since this match is a long format match let’s look at his test record. All of his test tons bar one were against Sri Lanka, the other was against India, his next highest, 98, was against Zimbabwe and then after that there is an 81 vs WI.

His other 6 test half centuries came against Sri Lanka, NZ, zim, Pakistan, India.

The one quality bowler was murali, vaas was a more than decent bowler but not on the same level, the Pakistan half century he would’ve faced Akhtar, maybe include harbhajan singh and there was kumble but the two best bowlers he scored against were murali and shoaib.

It’s more that ash didn’t deserve this selection, and I don’t believe the team needs him. I’m happy if he earns a recall through performance, but getting an A team call straight after a ban with no recent quality FC performances behind him and an average test record where the only team he really scored against was Sri Lanka, well I see no reason for it.

Just as was said, others can show their stuff in the NCL and that’s exactly what should’ve happened with ash, let the players who’ve earned it take the spots, if ash is that good he could’ve played NCL and showed that he deserves a recall through weight of runs.

Like I’ve said before, it’s not like ash is a proven senior player coming back from injury, he’s been out for a significant period of time and his test record is below average. Did his last test match hundred, the 190, play a part in this selection? Maybe but that was more than 5 years ago now. It’s certainly not about egos.

Soumya has a test match 86 against boult, Southee and Wagner in NZ. Does that mean soumya should be picked every match just so that the team can cash in on that every now and then quality innings? Can say the same with Liton, got a good half century in SA, so he should be in the team all the time because he’s got that one innings against quality opposition in tough conditions?

There is absolutely no question that ash didn’t earn this A team call up, whether he has the talent, whether he’s scored runs against murali, whether it’s just against the HP unit. Heck put ash in the HP team if it’s about talent and you want to see what he is capable of. A team jersey should be earned.
Ashraful wasn't called in the A team. It's a warm up game between green and red team.

This is the official source:
http://www.tigercricket.com.bd/2018/...d-4-day-match/
Old September 18, 2018, 07:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Ashraful wasn't called in the A team. It's a warm up game between green and red team.

This is the official source:
http://www.tigercricket.com.bd/2018/...d-4-day-match/
Ok well different then, I’m happy for him to be given opportunities to prove himself.
Old September 18, 2018, 08:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I actually want him to come back to the national side across all the forms, and I think he will believe it or not. If he does come back to the test side, and that too happens to be against Sri lanka, I won't be surprised if he scores another century on return. But at the same time, I won't be surprised if he has another one of these slumps afterwards.
Old September 18, 2018, 10:50 AM
Cricket Savant

I s.. you not. I know I have a trolling tendency lol, but I swear tonight I dreamt Ash scored a List A 100.

Old September 18, 2018, 07:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Scroll down.

Read all the comments.

So called jodu modu kodu are the real vox populi of Bangladesh. This is the voice of compassion. Not a one-off Britannica reader incely raged Cricket Intellect analyzing equation.

Average people are not dumb. They know it all; they just decided to forgive him and move ahead like a REAL positive minded people one is supposed to be.

Old September 18, 2018, 09:07 PM
Cricket Savant

People say "look at the wasted opportunity and talent... look at all the lost and wasted chances.."

To that I say: "look at Soumya, Sabbir, Nafees, Roqib, Efteb, Nasir, Naeem, Kayes... need I go on? who didn't even come close to contributing like Ash did...heck I say look at Ash getting same chances as he YET producing more match winning knock than anyone else..."

As I said. #perspectives

Jake dekte pari na....

Old September 19, 2018, 10:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Any update on first day?
Old September 19, 2018, 10:29 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Any update on first day?
বাজে আউটফিল্ডের কারণে চোট, সৌম্য-সাইফদের খেলতে অস্বীকৃতি https://www.priyo.com/articles/20180...efused-to-play