facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 23, 2005, 02:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Thanks Mon! Let me check it out.

Old January 23, 2005, 03:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Ash was upset. He thought Rajin could make it because rajin was to go to the safer end. Ash got the second run before ball came in. Rajin could get the run too. Rajin was little extra cautious because he was at 49. He did signaled Ash to not take the run. Ash was too busy running.
Old April 5, 2007, 02:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle
�Talent, Enamul and the promise of the Under Nineteens�- the Richard Mciness interview.

Q- Naturally there are people who would like to compare you and Whatmore Is there any aspect or style of Dave Whatmore�s coaching that differs from your philosophy?

RM - Dav and I have very different approaches to coaching in some aspects and similar in others. Coaching is an �art�, and different styles suit different players at different levels. Assessing the needs of the playing group is important and then designing training to suit is very important. There is no right and wrong, only consequences. You don�t know if you were right till after the fact with coaching, so you continually learn as you go.

My approach is probably a little more systematic than Dav�s, but that is just because of different personality styles. His record speaks for itself, so it is hard to criticise his methods. He is one of the leading coaches in world cricket. If I ever get to the level he has attained, I will be pretty happy (external motivation).

Edited on, January 21, 2005, 2:22 PM GMT, by oracle.
Since we are talking about bringing back our favourite coach here is just a prelude to the favourite topic nowadays on the man who we are looking most forward to, Richard Mcinnes.

He groomed our boys to be the best and just by looking at the national team it's not a surprise the effectiveness of his training methods. The question is whether he is willing to come back and start the job he started. One thing is for sure, the fans want him, I will now look forward to BCCB to do something about it because all is not lost yet, it's high time they show us who is the boss and start taking bold steps.

Richard Mcinnes for Bangladeshi cricket coach, hell we need him badly after the world cup and the departure of Dav.
Old April 5, 2007, 02:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

"our", "we" need to said as many BC members. Everyone has their own preferences. The departure is not eminant. BCB knows his stance from a long time.
Old April 6, 2007, 01:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mullah, Fizz, SS

i wish dave doesn't quit.but if he does,than mcInnes will be good enough to take over the job.he is very close to our players like nafees,sakib,aftab,mushfiqetc.
Junior
Old April 6, 2007, 01:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

When talking about enamul, McInnes said
Quote:
I have an amazing amount of faith in him; and a few others; and will always back them to perform. I think it is one of my strengths as a coach- that I back my players no matter what the odds. Hopefully they feel that belief I have in them and it helps them believe in themselves.
What a great motivator!!! I strongly believe that he should be the future coach of Bangladesh at some point... his current experience of working with the Australian national team should make him more experienced.
Old April 6, 2007, 05:46 AM
Test Cricketer

We should pull out every conceivable stop to appoint him as the next coach if Whatmore leaves.
Old April 6, 2007, 10:30 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

I really liked and wanted Whatmore as our coach. And he really did and doing very good job for us. But he has a greedy personality. He is getting all the benifits/facilities and Freebees and a TRUCK of money every year from BCB. still this is not enough for him.
Old April 6, 2007, 10:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umar
I really liked and wanted Whatmore as our coach. And he really did and doing very good job for us. But he has a greedy personality. He is getting all the benifits/facilities and Freebees and a TRUCK of money every year from BCB. still this is not enough for him.
Sorry, don't understand what you said!!!! As a part of contract he deserves what he gets. What makes you think that he is greedy? Please try to think before posting anything harsh.

Last edited by WarWolf; April 6, 2007 at 10:55 AM..
Old April 6, 2007, 11:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
However, many of these players are lazy, and so they are great players when the wicket is flat and the ball is old, thereby doing amazing things. Give me a player that scores 50 or 60 when the wicket is green and bowling is of a good standard over the guy who gets 120 off 100 balls on flat track in the second innings of a match any day of the week. You get one player who will say �Right, it is going to be very tough today, I have to work hard for my runs�. And the other player who says �it�s a bit tough today, so I will have a swing at this one, if it works, great; if I get out, no problems, I will have another bat next week�.

I know which player I want in my team. This is one of the reasons why I rate Shamsur Rahman so highly. He is the first type of player mentioned above, the harder it is and the better he performs. When it is easy he gets bored and tends to get out, as he did against Zimbabwe. He simply thought it was easy, hit too sixes in the first three overs off a test bowler, then got out. I told him it was being arrogant, which is dangerous and needs to be curbed. Confidence is great but arrogance is dangerous. This was completely out of character of him and we discussed it afterwards. He turned around a few days later batted the way he normally does and made a very mature 59 not out for Mohommedan. That is a great sign, that he learns very quickly, and so he will continue to get better.
Who is this Shamsur Rahman? He seems to be the perfect #3/#4 batsman.
Old April 6, 2007, 11:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakirc
Who is this Shamsur Rahman? He seems to be the perfect #3/#4 batsman.
I don't think he is in the picture anymore. he was made the U-19 captain if i can remember correctly...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 6, 2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Sorry, don't understand what you said!!!! As a part of contract he deserves what he gets. What makes you think that he is greedy? Please try to think before posting anything harsh.

arn't you greedy too?!
Old April 6, 2007, 12:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Shamsur Rahman made runs late in this first class season, but has done nothing of note since leaving the U19s.
Old April 6, 2007, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
hmm...interesting. he doesn't mention tapash in the team five years from now...
quoting a two and a half year old post of mine, and for the umpteenth time, the guy's a genius.
Old April 6, 2007, 02:02 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
If I rub the crystal ball and guess what our national squad may be in 5 years (2010): Nafees Iqbal, Nafees Ahmed, Ashraful, Aftab, Rajin, Shamsur Rahman, Saqib Al Hasan, Marshall Ayub, Alok, Mushfiqur Rahim, Enamul Haque Jnr, Masharafe, Talha, Rajib, Shafaq Al Jabar, Dollar Mahmud, Nazmul Hossain, Sorwardy Shuvo and Ashim Chowdhury. It will be interesting to look back in 5 years and see how many are still there.
Some of them are already in, and rest aren't that far! New inclusion is Tamim. I don't think McInnes had a chance to work with Tamim.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old April 6, 2007, 02:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Some of them are already in, and rest aren't that far! New inclusion is Tamim. I don't think McInnes had a chance to work with Tamim.
If Tamim could have few days to spend with him at the practice ground, I think he could have been even better.
Old April 6, 2007, 02:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Yes.
Tamim should hv wrked wid Richard McInnees