facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Old June 23, 2010, 11:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Count me in.

MANIFEST DESTINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old June 23, 2010, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Nasif, we got!

Party at my house. Come on down.
Old June 23, 2010, 12:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

GO U.S of A.!! Go USA!!! Red White and Blue baby!! Donovan baby!! West coast baby! East coast baby!!

May Allah bless U.S.A.!! May Allah bless Donovan!!
Old June 23, 2010, 12:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Thumbs up Landon Donovan thanks the fans

Landon Donovan thanks the fans
Mon Jun 21, 2:00PM ET

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/wor...video=20453666

And we thank you Donovan dada!!!

USA through - Algeria out~ WC'10 Top 16, second round!
Old June 23, 2010, 12:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

within three hours we will know who ur opponents are in round of 16
Old June 23, 2010, 02:00 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

It was unbelievable game! At the brink of exiting the wc; we pulled through. At 90th minute I gave up and was getting ready for the inevitable result.

This is probably one of the best wc games I have ever seen. You can't make it up. Beats any hollywwod script that one could come up with.

Gods hand at work!
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old June 23, 2010, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Donovan is my hero. I'm definitely Rogers-on-demanding this game when I get home tonight.
Old June 23, 2010, 07:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Former President William Jefferson Clinton was on hand to witness the USA beat Algeria 1-0 today, but that's not why we know soccer has arrived in America. It's Clinton's face. Just look at it. Look at how red with stress it is. Look at his lower lip, chewed up like a bit of gristle on the end of a nice, Southern barbecued steak.

More importantly, look at Clinton's left hand. This man is stressed out about the game; he does not want to have to listen to Sepp Blatter make awkward small talk anymore. Clinton — a renowned international charmer and the husband of one of the most important diplomats in the world — is very unsubtly telling Blatter to shut his gob and just watch the game already, because DeMarcus Beasley has come on and Clinton needs to think about whether he should go down and open a can of Arkansas whupass on Bob Bradley's face.

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/wor...urn=sow,250749
Old June 23, 2010, 07:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Default Fans lose control after victory - It’s fandemonium after historic win

By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports
7 hours, 10 minutes ago

PRETORIA, South Africa – By the time Landon Donovan had commenced his celebratory slide into forever, the United States’ game-winning, group-clinching, World Cup-advancing 1-0 miracle goal safely in the back of the net, the first American fan had jumped the walls of the old stadium here.

Another fence and a row of security was all that could keep the swelling ranks of jubilant American fans from joining Donovan in a glorious pig pile. They had charged toward the field because they couldn’t contain themselves. The emotional reaction of wanting to hug a player had, in this magical moment, made sense.

The game had gone to extra minutes. The English were about to win half a nation away. The American dream of World Cup glory was about to be lost in the chilling air.

Then the U.S. broke free on a 5-on-2 break against the Algerians, the kind of numbers advantage that allowed Donovan to pounce on a rebound and slip the game-winner home.

It was pandemonium, real and raw and wickedly satisfying. It was as wild as any American sporting moment you’ll ever see. The USA had an earlier score disallowed by a phantom offside and now this was about to be remembered as the World Cup of referee errors. It was about to be remembered for bitter disappointment and blown chances.

Only no one had given up. Not on the American side, where missed chance after missed chance appeared to only strengthen their resolve that something, anything, would happen. Not on the USA bench, where coach Bob Bradley made offensive-minded substitutions, acknowledging a tie was as good as a loss and if nothing else, the Yanks were going to go down swinging.

“In soccer, sometimes you can’t always control a ball or a bounce,” Bradley said. “You can give everything in a game. I think that has become the special quality of this team.”

Not in Donovan, the team’s undeniable star who had suffered through a frustrating second half, playing a part in an epic blown chance when he may have interfered with Jozy Altidore in front of an empty net. The thoughts of another early World Cup exit was looming in his head, the memories of what he calls the nightmare of the 2006 defeat hanging everywhere. This was his team, and he wasn’t going to let it lose.

“I’ve been through a lot,” Donovan said through tears. “It makes me believe in good. And when you try to do things the right way it’s good to see it work.”

And certainly not in those stands, where the American fans, half a world from home, continued to stand and chant and wave their flags in hope that the dream would be answered.

And when it was answered, when the improbable had been produced, they started charging. These aren’t college kids. These are grown ups. They are mostly well-heeled who can take time away from work on an expensive vacation. Yet the moment was so magnificent, the goal so perfect, that broke all security measures anyway.

After the game, they had mashed up against the fence in numerous places, screaming onto the field at the American players who were hugging and kissing and dancing. The players ran over to party with their people – Altidore even doing a mini-mosh pit leap into the adoring masses.

“USA, USA” went the chants, audible even over the din of the vuvuzelas. All was right here in the South African night.

Now suddenly the United States had won its group, advancing to play Saturday in Rustenburg. The opponent will be determined later Wednesday, maybe Ghana, maybe Germany.

Maybe is all anyone here wanted; from the stands to the sidelines. The Americans can play they’ve kept saying. The Americans are dangerous, they’ve kept preaching.

Give these guys a chance and they’ll take everything.

So long after the team had headed to the locker room, as the rest of the place had cleared out, the American fans stayed and screamed. The bandwagon is moving fast for American soccer now, and why not? What’s not to love about a team that never quits, that shakes off adversity, that forces break rooms and chat sessions to overflow across the States. This is America’s team now.

Here in the grandstands it always has been. These are the die-hards, the ones who have always believed and continued to when the moments got short and the possibilities bleak.

“As we were coming to the stadium, the street was lined with U.S. supporters, waving flags, dressed up, chanting USA, knocking on the bus,” Bradley said. “We don’t always have that. To have that happen in a World Cup, in South Africa, that was a really special feeling.”

And so the fans that delivered it stayed and sang. And so they danced. The party will go on. Saturday is next. And then who knows. Maybe more. Maybe much more.

Here come the Yanks. Here come the cardiac kids. Here comes the red, white and blue.

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/wor...ium062310.html
Old June 23, 2010, 07:23 PM
Cricket Savant

PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA - JUNE 23: Foued Kadir of Algeria and Landon Donovan of the United States challenge for the ball during the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Group C match between USA and Algeria at the Loftus Versfeld Stadium on June 23, 2010 in Tshwane/Pretoria, South Africa. (Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/wor..._usa_v_algeria

PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA - JUNE 23: Jozy Altidore of the United States hold off Madjid Bougherra of Algeria during the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Group C match between USA and Algeria at the Loftus Versfeld Stadium on June 23, 2010 in Tshwane/Pretoria, South Africa. (Photo by Ian Walton/Getty Images)

PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA - JUNE 23: Karim Matmour of Algeria and Carlos Bocanegra of the United States jump for the ball during the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Group C match between USA and Algeria at the Loftus Versfeld Stadium on June 23, 2010 in Tshwane/Pretoria, South Africa. (Photo by Stuart Franklin/Getty Images)

PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA - JUNE 23: Karim Matmour of Algeria and Jay Demerit of the United States battle for the ball during the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Group C match between USA and Algeria at the Loftus Versfeld Stadium on June 23, 2010 in Tshwane/Pretoria, South Africa. (Photo by Martin Rose/Getty Images)

PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA - JUNE 23: Hassan Yebda of Algeria and Clint Dempsey of the United States jump for the ball during the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Group C match between USA and Algeria at the Loftus Versfeld Stadium on June 23, 2010 in Tshwane/Pretoria, South Africa. (Photo by Ian Walton/Getty Images)

PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA - JUNE 23: Michael Bradley of the United States and Rafik Djebbour of Algeria tussle for the ball during the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Group C match between USA and Algeria at the Loftus Versfeld Stadium on June 23, 2010 in Tshwane/Pretoria, South Africa. (Photo by Ian Walton/Getty Images)

Last edited by bujhee kom; June 23, 2010 at 07:30 PM..
Old June 23, 2010, 07:49 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Here is the magic moment:

They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old June 23, 2010, 09:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I was watching this match in class and I was running laps around my school with another one of my friends when Donovan scored the goal. It was simply magical.
Old June 23, 2010, 09:36 PM
Cricket Legend

if this doesnt give football the respect it deserves in USA, then I dont know what will..... good job team USA...
Old June 23, 2010, 09:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Gotta love the heart showed by team USA..what a great display..they never gave up and deserved this victory and winning the group..this game made me feel so good about the team..made me so proud of being an America..next up is Ghana whose a pretty good team but I believe we will beat them..
Old June 23, 2010, 10:25 PM
Cricket Savant

USA! USA! Jege Uthos babara!
Old June 23, 2010, 10:47 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

After Portugal I am rooting for U.S.A. Donovan is too good!
Old June 23, 2010, 11:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Old June 24, 2010, 02:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

This USA team has won me over ... Hats off to them ...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old June 24, 2010, 06:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Well done to the American 'soccer' players for qualifying to the last 16.
Old June 24, 2010, 09:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Very well done
Old June 25, 2010, 11:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

ghana is the next obstacle ....

close call
Old June 26, 2010, 12:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Old June 26, 2010, 01:11 PM