facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 26, 2019, 11:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

^my portfolio much higher than it was pre cash. such persistent buying going on. In december a lot of stocks looked cheap. All of a sudden i am having extremely hard time buying anything - atleast the stocks that i know well...because they are all high and no one talking about any other stocks here... and it's a lot of time to spend behind one stock, understanding, looking at charts, price dynamics for a good entry point. Don't want to just randomly pick any , spend time and realize it's a poor one.

It's very frustrating for me, have lot of cash on sideline now ... i feel as much bad when money on sideline and market goes higher as when money in market and crashing.

Old February 26, 2019, 11:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World

Rakuten or Shopify?
what is this?
Old March 2, 2019, 09:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb

Beginning of 2019 i own the following stocks:
Nike, Under Armour, Foot locker (yes I love my athleisures). Will look to get rid of FL
I will look to sell Foot locker on Monday. FL beat earnings stock jumped but couln't sustain the rally but still up -
https://www.thestreet.com/investing/...HOO&yptr=yahoo

So got rid of Snap, will get rid of FL next week. Maintaining plan as outlined before. Decided against trying to go in and out of MA at ~230 level. Will add to paypal on weakness.

Planning to open at least 3 new positions coming week.

I love love a bull market... its an addicting drug.
Old March 11, 2019, 03:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

What do you guys think of Levi Strauss planned IPO?

Good company? potential?
Old March 11, 2019, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
What do you guys think of Levi Strauss planned IPO?

Good company? potential?
what do you think and know? talk to us.

exiciting year.. uber, lyft, airbnb and then levis lol
Old March 11, 2019, 04:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
what do you think and know? talk to us.

exiciting year.. uber, lyft, airbnb and then levis lol
Established company. Been around for a long time, the brand still has unique value.
They maybe looking to enter the Indian/Chinesse market (that's huge potential). I don't know how famous Levis is in USA? The IPO price is being suggested at $14-$16, not sure if that is the correct value?

If anyone knows more about this company, please do share. What was the IPO price when it first listed? what is the highest peak it reached? tried to search for these online, but very limited.
Old March 11, 2019, 04:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
I don't know how famous Levis is in USA?
I own 2 of their jeans and a cap.

San Francisco 49ers' football stadium is named Levi's Stadium.

Hope this helps
Old March 11, 2019, 04:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Established company.

If anyone knows more about this company, please do share.
you are one lazy dude. Do some reasearch bro and present it to us. Everyone knows levis is a century old company. What is the current fashion trend? Blue jeans fell out of fashion over last couple of decades... 80s to 90s was where it was at.. But i think recently picked up. there are other companies that cater to the market. American eagle outfitters, True religion, Diesal etc etc. how are they doing.

And why all of a sudden Levis plan to IPO and raise cash instead of throwing their private money. Obviously there is an expansion plan. Otherwise more than century old company should be a dividend aristrocat (like cocacola - u buy for dividend pay not for growth).

maybe it's a good buy maybe it's not. But we should know ins and outs of it. That's how i can judge if the plan they have with the money raised sound like a good idea or not. Looks like one of their plan is that they are planning to have u design ur own jeans with their logo on it. Will this translate to higher sales? or do ppl prefer actual professional designer and buy diesal instead

they are the number 1 selling jeans company in the world. It's a 100+ years old company and wants to ipo to get ur money now to pay for whatever the hell they wanna do to rebrand themselves.
Old March 11, 2019, 04:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Buy LYFT in ipo or in that week/month. THank me later.
Old March 11, 2019, 05:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
you are one lazy dude. Do some reasearch bro and present it to us. Everyone knows levis is a century old company. What is the current fashion trend? Blue jeans fell out of fashion over last couple of decades... 80s to 90s was where it was at.. But i think recently picked up. there are other companies that cater to the market. American eagle outfitters, True religion, Diesal etc etc. how are they doing.

And why all of a sudden Levis plan to IPO and raise cash instead of throwing their private money. Obviously there is an expansion plan. Otherwise more than century old company should be a dividend aristrocat (like cocacola - u buy for dividend pay not for growth).

maybe it's a good buy maybe it's not. But we should know ins and outs of it. That's how i can judge if the plan they have with the money raised sound like a good idea or not. Looks like one of their plan is that they are planning to have u design ur own jeans with their logo on it. Will this translate to higher sales? or do ppl prefer actual professional designer and buy diesal instead

they are the number 1 selling jeans company in the world. It's a 100+ years old company and wants to ipo to get ur money now to pay for whatever the hell they wanna do to rebrand themselves.

“One of the company’s growth strategies is to expand into countries like India,” Chip said in an interview. “Our business could be twice the size of what it is now in the next five years. Investments in e-commerce and retail will help us do that.”

http://levistrauss.com/unzipped-blog...-india-market/

If they successfully penetrate the indian market, that would be crazy. They already have some stores there (they are performing really well). I don't look into fundamentals too much, investing is way more then that. Fundamentals just helps you to gauge a company's health. The rest is mostly out side of box thinking, and trying to work out the intrinsic value of the shares. Just a matter of knowing the future cash inflow/outflow - the most difficult part of investment.
Old March 14, 2019, 08:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
^wow I am blown away. Definitly sold early. The stock gained 100% in 2 months from december market wide sell. SNAP. not much resistence to 12 per chart.
SNAP got upgraded.. A bearish analyst flipped. he thinks it has another 50% or so to run. Guess shouldn't have sold it... was feeling smart when stock was just hovering at 10 in line with prediction. not anymore. My Entry point was superb,exit in hindsight may have been a bit amateurish.
Old March 20, 2019, 06:47 AM
Cricket Legend

@Idumb. If you had to pick one between Lyft & Uber who would it be and why?

What do you reckon about the suggested IPO price of Uber ($40)? Fairly valued? How much more (future).

Anyone feel free to add your opinion/thoughts to this.
Old March 20, 2019, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
@Idumb. If you had to pick one between Lyft & Uber who would it be and why?

What do you reckon about the suggested IPO price of Uber ($40)? Fairly valued? How much more (future).

Anyone feel free to add your opinion/thoughts to this.
$40 doesn't mean anything. What's the market cap? Last I read they were valuing it at 120 billion dollars. The problem with now days is that good destructive companies are debuting so much late and as a mature company essentially shutting us. Back in the day of early 2000s, you could be choosing any tech company that you think will survive the test of time you would be certain to come out ahead. Now there are so much private money - we are not getting that chance. In the past Uber would have debuted at <10 billions and I would be so excited - i been wanting it to go public so long but now it debuts years later at value of 120 B - where is the upside?? you can't even get 10X return over long term without it become a trillion dollars company. which is ridiculous. It feels like public are being treated as a bagholder for the pvt ones as they need to cash out now.

Anyways now that i got my frustrations out. You should think about buying both. The right entry point, i don't know yet. In ipo day u wouldnt have much chance to fill ur order in the right price anyway.

the reason i am leaning toward lyft was this:
- they are mostly in NA, taking over market share year over year where as uber is flat, growth is overseas.
- So the chance to worldwide expansion is there for lyft taxi
- then there is expansion to other sector immitating uber like ubereats
- it's priced at ~20 billion giving you higher chances of gain as it would be less mature than uber
- Image of lyft is that of a good one over uber which is marred with bad publicity

Now negative of lyft:
- It's not synonymous with ride hailing or the dominant force. Whenever ppl think of calling taxi, they think of UBER. This is the BIGGEST advantage of uber. Eventually when these companies stop subsidizing rides, the name that sticks and the name that ppl use - will dominate. In my phone I don't even have lyft, only uber. Ppl who are looking for few dollars off here and there or who care about publicity news veer toward other apps. My goal is that I need to go from A to B and as conveniently as possible. I heard of UBER so I download uber. I don't have time for other apps. That's it.

- Expansion is a money losing venture initially. Uber burned through a lot of private money to get to where it is... Market will want faster results and cont increasing loss due to expansion may get punished.

- May lose the autonous race against UBER. The ultimate goal of these companies in future is likely to replace drivers with autonomous vehicles for them to be massively profitable. UBER has autonomous technology and working on it. Can scale. Lyft will be partnering up with other car maker to get this going.

I am sure there are many other pros and cons but i would have to read up on them. They are both great companies to be in at the right price. Uber is a must at the right price. 120 billions dollar valuation while still losing money is scary.
Old March 21, 2019, 02:45 AM
Cricket Legend

@idumb i've been reading up on stocks quite a lot these days since I want to start investing. Good to see that you're already ahead of the game.
Old March 21, 2019, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/LEVI?p=LEVI

Levi's debuts well.
Old March 28, 2019, 11:48 AM
Cricket Legend

I rarely like any stocks, but there are some really exceptional ones.

This is not a recommendation. But have a look at company called Waste Management Inc.

If you are a long term investor.
Old March 28, 2019, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I rarely like any stocks, but there are some really exceptional ones.

This is not a recommendation. But have a look at company called Waste Management Inc.

If you are a long term investor.
it's a very well known company and stock actually if u didn't know. they came to news a lot post world trade tragedy.

btw lyft stock being oversubscribed so they already increased the price - now from ~20 b to ~24 b ipo. this will get overboaught in ipo. For me Once this crosses the mental 25B barrier "value" image kinda goes away.
Old March 28, 2019, 02:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Waste Management Inc. is a stock, I have analysed for the past 4 years now. Extremely impressed at their consistency.

Lyft and Uber, I am not sure about it. Very cautious about these two companies. That's probably because I don't know much about this companies. I have so many questions about them, and don't wish to pursue finding the answers. Not the type of stocks, I like personally.

But there's great market hype.
Old March 29, 2019, 02:33 PM
Cricket Legend

LYFT debuts

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/LYFT?p=LYFT
Old March 29, 2019, 03:31 PM
Cricket Sage

I bought Waste Management few weeks ago. Hoping to hold on to it for a long time.
Old March 29, 2019, 04:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
I bought Waste Management few weeks ago. Hoping to hold on to it for a long time.
Great stock

Only downside is the looming recession.
Old March 30, 2019, 09:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Great stock

SportingBD I really think you should buy something and get your hands wet. Your prediction for recession is a childish one. I think waste management is an excellent stock to buy for you. It will have very small swings in market movements. It pays dividends. The major waste companies all seemed to be very solid and financially strong.

I might get my hand dirty next week on some trash companies. Maybe this or there is another one name waste connect i think that did even better over past 5 years. I still have funds left to buy. Btw bought some Boeing last week (going against my moral code) and felt extremely guilty about it for some reason.
Old March 30, 2019, 09:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
that's nice. I like the fact that you are buying stocks periodically here.

I wonder how Roman bhai is doing. He unfortunately bought some just prior to the december crash - not sure if he held through... it would have been nice had he bought it after the crash.

He texted me and because of him I was talking to him about fintech companies... the next day i bought paypal cuz he said he liked paypal and i immediately started researching it. I am up about ~25% up on that purchase. But had to obviously endure the december crash. however december crash was so bad - i was preoccupied with my overall market exposure than individual stocks... ended up doing NOTHING (except added some more positions to some stocks (master card, amazon)..

And it just worked out.
Old March 30, 2019, 10:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Great stock

That don’t mean much, people still will have garbage to throw away.

This is what I told myself after I invested in the matket the first few years. I’m not going to become rich investing in the market. I don’t have time or the understanding to be able to keep up with the market everyday or even every week to buy and sell continuously and react to every news. All I want is a continuous source of income that will grow over time. I can’t freak out over shake ups in the market and react suddenly. I followed writing from dividend investors in seeking alpha to understand how they have been running their portfolio. Long story short, the first year I started I got about 500-600 in dividend that I reinvested, I think I’ll be up to around 2,500 in total dividend by the end of this year. My overall portfolio was doing pretty well before the Dec crash. InshAllah the goal is to add one or two stocks every year if possible. I have a lot more left to learn, the people I read about in seeking alpha they follow a very strict set of rules.
Old March 30, 2019, 10:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
That don’t mean much, people still will have garbage to throw away.

This is what I told myself after I invested in the matket the first few years. I’m not going to become rich investing in the market. I don’t have time or the understanding to be able to keep up with the market everyday or even every week to buy and sell continuously and react to every news. All I want is a continuous source of income that will grow over time. I can’t freak out over shake ups in the market and react suddenly. I followed writing from dividend investors in seeking alpha to understand how they have been running their portfolio. Long story short, the first year I started I got about 500-600 in dividend that I reinvested, I think I’ll be up to around 2,500 in total dividend by the end of this year. My overall portfolio was doing pretty well before the Dec crash. InshAllah the goal is to add one or two stocks every year if possible. I have a lot more left to learn, the people I read about in seeking alpha they follow a very strict set of rules.
When you buy a stock, you should (which I think you do), consider the business first. If you trust the business by analysing the fundamentals and Governance of the respective stock you invest in, you should make market movements irrelevant. When you think that a stock has reached your intrinsic value, you should just get out (of course you can always come back when it's below your perceived value).

In terms of waste management inc, and other similar businesses, in recession people waste less, as they become more cautious on spending. You are right people will still have garbage to throw away. This cautious approach by people not wasting much during time of recession, does have impact on the profit, resulting in stock price decline. If you see, most waste disposal companies reached peak/thrived during the start of last recession, it could be a sign, that we are heading that route again. But I don't know when the recession will hit, can't put a time frame to it.