facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 9, 2015, 01:52 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Default "We took three pace bowlers..." - Rahim

I was taking a break from wasting my time in BC for series like this and waiting for a invaluable series. But after reading yet another typical Mushy presser: defensive, immature and not accepting the mistakes he makes, scared to own up to his decisions, I just had to come here and blow off some steam only way I know how.

------------------------------

Quote:
The second Test between Bangladesh and Pakistan was wrapped up at 2:04 pm on the fourth afternoon. But thoughts remained on what happened 30 minutes before the start of the game on Wednesday.

Mushfiqur Rahim, the Bangladesh captain, had opted to bowl on a pitch that did more for fast bowlers in the first two hours of the first day, than it did in the last couple of years. Still, Bangladesh went in the Test with just two pace bowlers. Mushfiqur, however, insisted the team had three seamers.

Source
Quote:
"It wasn't just the two pace bowlers," Mushfiqur said. "We took three pace bowlers if you consider Soumya (Sarkar)."
I cannot believe he found a way to defend this! Bravo! No, no one will consider Soumya as a pacer. Soumya is a pacer just as much as Rahim is a WK (don't even get me started on that!). Reporters should have walked out as soon as he said that. This tops every dumb things he ever said and sums up his captaincy skills.
Quote:
The outcome is showing it was a wrong decision. If it was a correct decision, there wouldn't be much talk.
What.The.**** is he talking about?! No duh there wouldn't be talk if it was the correct decision! Make the correct decision and outcome will be different! I have no problem with bowling first, it was the correct decision. But that decision didn't match the line up. Even if having 8 batsmen helped us chase down this total it's still the WRONG decision. 8th batsmen is the reason why we were chasing 550 in the first place.
Quote:
"It was a unanimous decision of the team management. Everyone has a say.It is not my team or the coach's team. This is the Bangladesh team. Everyone has an input. We decide what everything things is good for the team. The selectors, coaches, myself are all there."
Yea, I highly doubt it. I have no doubt it was 100% your handy work. I'm going to break it down how it was 100% Rahim's team.

Facts:
- (A) Coach Factor: Head coach Hathuri has said he's giving his players freedom to make their own decisions. Therefore, it's safe to say he's giving the team captains enough freedom to make captaincy decisions as well, i.e game-plans, line-ups, attack variations.
- (B) Selectors Factor: Head selector Faruque has said his selection team only selects the squads and don't have any input in the line up.
- (C) Squad Factor: More or less the same squad under both captains. Necessary changes were made based on the formats.

- Captain One: Aggressive and attacking which shows in all aspects of his captaincy, from line-ups to field placements to bowling changes.
- Captain Two: Ultra defensive, insecure, scared to take risk and immature. A lil bitch if you will, which shows in his decisions and his pressers.

Under both captains, nothing changed in factor (A), (B), or (C). Then why is the drastic change in the line ups, specially in the bowling dept? What changed? The Captain! Ultra defensive, 8 batsmen line-up only suits Captain Two's nature. Are you telling me these are the same selectors/coaches that picked a line-up from a similar squad that everyone agreed on, but couple of days later picked a line-up that everyone disagreed with? No, as I said, only thing changed is the captain and it's clear as the day who had the most say in this. And I will blame Hathuri for giving Rahim the same amount of freedom that he gives Mash. How did Rahim convince Hathuri to let him run with this line-up? Was Hathuri sleeping when Mash picked the line ups? Why isn't he knocking some sense into Rahim? Every time Mash steps out, our brand of cricket changes. Just think back to that game vs NZ in WC.

And here I was thinking, hoping, praying, that Rahim took some notes while Mash was in charge. But he didn't. Why would he? That'd be learning! Every time he messes up, I like to see him suffer, I like to see him go through the pain for his mistake, in hoping that he'd learn from his mistakes. But he just never does! He comes back even a bigger bolod and defends his bolodgirris. Until he learns to accept his mistakes he will never learn. Just say you ****ed up! And our team will suffer in the the mean time. I bow to BCB for making the changes in captaincy and rescuing us from the dark hole that Rahim sent us to in 2014. Now someone donate your legs to Mash so he can play tests too.

Old May 9, 2015, 02:04 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Now that I've got that off my chest...

He's our best batsman, no doubt. But how can the same world class batsman have such a big IQ dip when it comes to other aspects of the game? He should realize he's our best batsman and move up the order and give up WK-ing. He clearly isn't able to handle all three responsibilities. I read some of the posts here saying he WK-ed with injured finger just so he can prevent Liton from coming in? If that's true, then it basically sums up what type of captain he's. He's not able to see what's best for the team or himself. When he retires, people will look at his average, not how many catches or stumpings he made. And every WK's avg jumps up by at least 10 while they aren't keeping. So giving up WK-ing would be rather selfish but this selfishness would actually benefit the team.
Old May 9, 2015, 02:07 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Saying that Soumya was the third seamer is the most ridiculous thing that came out of his mouth in an attempt to defend his team selection. Why is he so afraid to admit that the line-up was not right? Why does he sound so insecure? He should learn a thing or two about admitting mistakes from other captains. This was not even close to being a correct line-up and this idiot is talking about outcomes. His captaincy is the main reason we lost this test match, again.

The team morale is never there when Mushi is the captain. Until we get that, there is no way success will come when he is leading the team.
Old May 9, 2015, 02:24 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Rahim needs to go. Cricket is a captain's game.
Old May 9, 2015, 02:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Surprisingly a good post Dillu. Didn't know you had it in you. Thought you blocked me.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 9, 2015, 02:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Let's see if we can see some change in test match captaincy this time. The problem is Mushy is in the good book of the BCB top officials. As a result, we may have to continue this crap show.
Old May 9, 2015, 02:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Rahim is talking out of his ***, by his logic we went in with 3 pacers in the the first test but our third 'pacer' bowled only one over . If Shahadat was not injured, Sarkar wouldn't have been picked to even bowl 5 overs.
Old May 9, 2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Rahim needs to go. Cricket is a captain's game.
...the sooner, the better!
Old May 9, 2015, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

The best batsmen in ODIs in the team, and prolly in all forms too. But soon as he opens he's big mouth and speaks to the media it's nothing but delusional; utterly embarrassing !

Did he say he wants them to go winless in the tour?
Does he not know anything of such thing you say; could motivate the opponents ? Test cricket is about motivation !
Old May 9, 2015, 03:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Mushi what is on, even person with limited knowledge about cricket will have more sense.
Old May 9, 2015, 03:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Even SA with Kallis wouldn't say "we went in with 4 pacers"
Old May 9, 2015, 03:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
...the sooner, the better!
Exactly! his captaincy and leadeship is an embarrassment for our team.
Media manager should not allow him to go to press conference anymore.
With his nonsense talking he is making us look like a fool in front of the world.
Old May 9, 2015, 03:20 PM
Cricket Guru

I don't think it's fair to single out Mushfiq for XI selection. Whatever freedom Hathuri giving players at individual level, there is no indication he just took his hands off XI selection. In past he got in conflict with selector over selection issues, demanded to be given same rights as Lehman, and was unapologetic about keeping Sunny/Taijul on the bench for most of the WC (not saying he did anything wrong). So, all indicating he likes to have fair amount of control over who is playing and who is not. He should be the first one held responsible for game strategy, which is directly tied with XI selection. If it's otherwise, that will mean Hathuri is not doing his job.

I would be ok with Mushfiq if he just admitted he and rest of the team management screwed up on this occasion. But I guess he will never get into the habit of owning up to his mistake or not to come up with all those ridiculous excuses.
Old May 9, 2015, 03:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

As I said still in denial mode. This wasn't the first time either. We as a fan, who know 10% of what these players know, yet can call which was a good or a bad decision before a single ball has been bowled.

8-3. That was the team combination. No matter how many ways one slices it.

JUST BECAUSE YOU CHOOSE A BATSMEN on a BOWLERS SPOT he doesn't automatically become a bowler. Why am I even saying this. Okay, I will take Mushi's word for it. Sarkar is a pacer.

First class stats: 46 innings got 19 wickets. We don't have a better pacer than this?

The rookie Shahid got 1 wicket just the previous match. He would a load of wickets in this match? Miracle happened with his speed and swing in the nets?

The third pacer got 7 wickets in last 16 test innings. #facepalm wouldn't even do the justice.
+++
Dude admit your mistake and say it will not happen again. Move on!!! We BD fans stayed with the team in the darkest of times. Surely not going to desert you now. Just admit the wrong decision and we will forgive and forget.
Old May 9, 2015, 03:46 PM
Cricket Guru

How is that no one even questioned him about his fitness as a Test keeper when he dropped so many catches this series?!

How Mushfiq expect other players to understand their roles in the team better when he does not understand his own?!
Old May 9, 2015, 04:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Chief selector FARUK Ahmed has cleared on day one that they weren't part of this playing eleven selection. He categorically criticized going in with two pacers.

The more mushy denies & tries to prove he was right in opting to bowl first & we went with three pacers, he's making the case for his removal from captaincy stronger. It's proven beyond doubt that it was a poor decision. You cannot risk two full innings for first 1 or 2 hours on day one. More difficult the pitch is the case of batting first gets more strong.

Yes also wonder why he wasn't asked about his own fitness, misses and batting ??

Mushy really needs to be relieved of captaincy .. Let Tamim take over since he's the vice captain.
Old May 9, 2015, 04:55 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

i said it before..he is the worst captain of all time

and i remember somebody came back at me for saying this...lol
Old May 9, 2015, 05:03 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Idiot Mushy needs go and read captaincy for dummies book
Old May 9, 2015, 05:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

dilscoop wrote something----that i also wanted to say.. surprisingly good article

Mushy need to give up captaincy or should be sacked

and never ever touch wicket keeping gloves in any format

he should realize he is the worst wkt keeper/ captain
Old May 9, 2015, 06:40 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Rahim is talking out of his ***, by his logic we went in with 3 pacers in the the first test but our third 'pacer' bowled only one over . If Shahadat was not injured, Sarkar wouldn't have been picked to even bowl 5 overs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Even SA with Kallis wouldn't say "we went in with 4 pacers"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Sarkar is a pacer.
First class stats: 46 innings got 19 wickets. We don't have a better pacer than this?
Guys please! I'm begging you, don't paint the picture any clearer. It burns!

This is LeBron James after last night's loss, breaking down everything he did wrong. And I hate LeBron.

"I have to be better. I had seven turnovers tonight. Maybe if I had four, then we don't put ourselves in that position. I also shot 8-for-25 from the field. Maybe if I'm 11-for-25, we put ourselves in a better position. I also shot 1-for-7 from the 3-point line and only had one steal. Put it on me."

People would go BSC if LeBron spoke crap like Rahim.
Old May 9, 2015, 07:07 PM
Cricket Legend

So we should not give Mushi a new name "Mr Excuse".
This is his problem he never admits he made a mistake.

1. Team selection was horrendous
2. Reading the pitch and game plan were wrong
3. Capataincy was BAU ( with errors)
4. Fittness issues
Old May 9, 2015, 07:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Explain it all...

http://www.m.banglanews24.com/detail...91974&cid=1019
Old May 9, 2015, 07:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

If soumya was part of the bowling plan before the match then there's an argument they went in with 3 pacers, but my gut says he wasn't....the other thing is he might bowl pace but I wouldn't call him anything more than an all rounder, so yeah maybe there were 3 pacers but only 2 strike pacers, soumya should be considered as a containment bowler for now until he improves.
Old May 9, 2015, 08:43 PM
Cricket Sage

If Soumya counts as a fast bowler than why did he not get a single over during the world cup or Pak ODI series?
Old May 9, 2015, 09:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Mushfiq should be banned from captaincy and wicket keeping after talking craps and doing nothing in the field.