facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 18, 2013, 09:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Nah the wicket wasnt helpful and he was underutilized. Mushfiq seems to have forgotten about Gazi after getting Enam.

Old April 18, 2013, 09:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Nah the wicket wasnt helpful and he was underutilized. Mushfiq seems to have forgotten about Gazi after getting Enam.
Enam was getting it to kick and spit on occaision in the same conditions. That being said, Gazi did about the best he could 2-55 in the limited opportunities he got to bowl. He's bowled a lot in his career so far.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 18, 2013, 09:44 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Gazi and Nasir are the main contributors for our recent success. He is no fluke and i am sure he will prove it in the 2nd innings
Old April 18, 2013, 10:12 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Gazi became the 2nd spinner after Enam walked in. Clueless Rahim. Typical SLA based captaincy...
Old April 18, 2013, 10:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Gazi became the 2nd spinner after Enam walked in. Clueless Rahim. Typical SLA based captaincy...
Or maybe because all of the batsmen in this Zimbabwe XI are RHBs and Enam simply bowled better and was the more threatening of the two spinners?
Old April 18, 2013, 10:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Culprit Rahim. He didnt bowl bad than Enam in small opportunities he got.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 18, 2013, 10:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

A bit weird, but understandable. Probably he was bowling Enam since the batting lineup is dominated by right handers. Not stupid, but probably not the greatest idea.

PS: Didn't see the match, so can't comment on the threatening part.
Old April 18, 2013, 10:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Honestly I can't blame Sohag and can't blame the fact that 2 spinners were brought in. Our pacers are very unpredictable so it was understandable that we had 2 spinners but on this wicket, we could see it was very hard for the spinners to get any sort of turn and plus Zimbabwe is dominated with right handers.
Old April 18, 2013, 10:46 AM
Cricket Sage

A good player survives good days as well as bad days; but when opportunity comes he takes full advantage ofthe opportunity.

It's too early to tell tell how the player .... gazi will turn out, but there is no reason to worry.

In this particular TEST, its the 2nd innings is where he is expected to dominate.
Old April 18, 2013, 11:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

As a lot of you already mentioned, Gazi wasn't used much due to the lack of lefties in the Zim 11. He may still ended up being better bowler than his stat suggests had he got the opportunity to bowl a long spell. For a lot of spinners when things don't work our right away they set the batsmen up by making plan by bowling long spells. However, in Mushy's defense, he probably didn't want to hand out the initiative to Zim batters by leaking runs through Gazi.
Old April 18, 2013, 11:11 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
A good player survives good days as well as bad days; but when opportunity comes he takes full advantage ofthe opportunity.

It's too early to tell tell how the player .... gazi will turn out, but there is no reason to worry.

In this particular TEST, its the 2nd innings is where he is expected to dominate.
why is that?..i missed most of the 2days play
Old April 18, 2013, 11:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
why is that?..i missed most of the 2days play
I also didn't watched most of the 1st two days... some here and some there. I made that statement based on the assumption that: the spinner will play more dominent role (if any) in the 4th and/or 5th days when/if pitch detoriates. And at that time (2nd innings) he will have more opportunity to show his value.
Old April 18, 2013, 05:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

good bowler this gazi is. reckon he should have been used more, i reckon he's a thinking bowler and if we want him to be able to bowl well to both lefties and righties then he should be bowling to both kinds and what better team to do that against than zimbabwe? i really don't want him to become one of those bowlers who is selected or bowled based on who is playing in the opposition, i want him to be able to bowl to all kinds of batsman, i reckon he has it in him.
Old April 18, 2013, 05:15 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Or maybe because all of the batsmen in this Zimbabwe XI are RHBs and Enam simply bowled better and was the more threatening of the two spinners?
I honestly don't get this logic. And I've been hearing it a lot. Explain this explanation to me. What a Offie can't bowl to a RHB? Are Offies ineffective vs RHB? Who came up with that theory.

Bowl doesn't have to turn away from the batsmen to pick up wickets. I'm confused.
Old April 18, 2013, 05:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I honestly don't get this logic. And I've been hearing it a lot. Explain this explanation to me. What a Offie can't bowl to a RHB? Are Offies ineffective vs RHB? Who came up with that theory.

Bowl doesn't have to turn away from the batsmen to pick up wickets. I'm confused.
most successful spinner statistically ever was a right handed offspin bowler like gazi so people can think what they want but offies can be effective against anyone. actually what's good about them to right handers is that they're always attacking the stumps.
Old April 18, 2013, 08:03 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:

Yeah, no excuse for under utilizing Gazi simply because of RHB. Swann is a good example of how a traditional off spinner can be effective against all sides.When the balll is turning in you can set attacking fields like short leg for the bat-pad catch and still keep the slip for the arm ball. There is no reason for an offie to not be able to bowl to RHB but it's just that the field needs to be set a bit differently to cut out the angles.
Old April 18, 2013, 09:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Yeah, no excuse for under utilizing Gazi simply because of RHB. Swann is a good example of how a traditional off spinner can be effective against all sides.When the balll is turning in you can set attacking fields like short leg for the bat-pad catch and still keep the slip for the arm ball. There is no reason for an offie to not be able to bowl to RHB but it's just that the field needs to be set a bit differently to cut out the angles.
Mushy won't do that tho. He'll just stick a slip and silly point and think the HaBa school of Test captaincy is great.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 18, 2013, 09:27 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I wrote extra ishmat and wrote BOWL. It's bother me!
Old April 27, 2013, 01:36 AM
Cricket Legend

A little out of song? Doesnt seem to be in the game. Perhaps too tired with the hectic schedules.
Old April 27, 2013, 06:10 AM
Cricket Guru

still the 2nd best bowler in the team.
Old April 27, 2013, 06:21 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Lucky performance.. :p hope this will inspire him to bowl better in the next innings.. Cant expect to get wickets everyday by this kind of bowling..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 27, 2013, 06:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

took 4 wickets and got the important ones of Taylor and Waller, meth and jarvis
Old April 27, 2013, 09:44 PM
Banned

I think he got lucky in this test. 3 out of 4 wickets he got came from ordinary balls. Robiul softened the batsmen and Gazi reaped the benefits from it. That's how it should work. This is why its so important to have a balanced bowling attack.
Old April 27, 2013, 11:22 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

The consistensy in length was missing from both gazi and shakib. Perhaps he is tired from the last series where he single handedly carried our attack through the test series. Mushy also didn't help his rythm by keeping him waiting for 30 odd overs before introducing him for the first time.
Old April 29, 2013, 11:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Thats what i was also thinking. Perhaps he is getting used to the life of an international cricketer. Its been hectic-BPL, Sri Lanka, and now Zimbabwe.