facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 22, 2009, 03:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default "torture: is it ever justified" revisted

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/05/22/tor...ian/index.html

interesting, if hardly surprising, poll results.

but it does beg this question: what if say, the BD authorities got wind of the BDR conspiracy and they captured a rebel jawan. would torture be justified to save the lives of scores of innocent people?

#OneTeam1Dream

Old May 22, 2009, 03:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

No, I would say a straight NO when it comes to torture. If you think that civilian lives are at risk, take al necessary measures. But I would never endorse torture, even on my enemies.

Torture is something that is preserved for hereafter. God has not given human the right to torture.
Old May 22, 2009, 03:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/05/22/tor...ian/index.html

interesting, if hardly surprising, poll results.

but it does beg this question: what if say, the BD authorities got wind of the BDR conspiracy and they captured a rebel jawan. would torture be justified to save the lives of scores of innocent people?
I am not all against torture. If a person is known to commit a crime than he should be put into rigorous interrogation to gather information. Impliment torture if the criminal remains tight lipped. I would start with mental torture ( ex.. use spiders if the person is Arachnophobic, Or Notify the person about orture techniques that might be implinmented against him (Fear can be a very potent weapon) . If he still doesnt budge than first drug him....still nothing than Torture him physically.....
Old May 22, 2009, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
I am not all against torture. If a person is known to commit a crime than he should be put into rigorous interrogation to gather information. Impliment torture if the criminal remains tight lipped. I would start with mental torture ( ex.. use spiders if the person is Arachnophobic, Or Notify the person about orture techniques that might be implinmented against him (Fear can be a very potent weapon) . If he still doesnt budge than first drug him....still nothing than Torture him physically.....
Yeah, Jack Bauer style. 1000 lives > 1.
Old May 22, 2009, 04:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
lmao. wow man....if the highlighted part is not a cruel and devious punishment enough, you go on to say then you will "Torture him physically"? thass like saying someone is coprophobic and pour a bucket of ish on him and THEN go on to the "Real torture"

seriously man. stop hatin. i find your measures very dark and sadistic. torture of any form, no less abu gharib one, is despicable, inhumane and everything that an evolved race of man stands for. imo.

edit: even jigsaw is more rational

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 22, 2009, 04:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
lmao. wow man....if the highlighted part is not a cruel and devious punishment enough, you go on to say then you will "Torture him physically"? thass like saying someone is coprophobic and pour a bucket of ish on him and THEN go on to the "Real torture"

seriously man. stop hatin. i find your measures very dark and sadistic. torture of any form, no less abu gharib one, is despicable, inhumane and everything that an evolved race of man stands for. imo.

edit: even jigsaw is more rational
Hahaha...Well I am not the type who can torture someone or even beat up someone. However I am a little sadistic in a sense that sometimes I feel really happy when I know the person being tortured is definately known to cause misery to a lot of innocent souls (example Jalil and T.Zia)- I am totally for that bro.

As i already said, If a person is definately known to commit criminal act ..than go for torture if u cant get sensitive information based on normal questioning.

I am Arachnophobic to the max, So I will talk if I see a tarantula....but it is not doing any physical damage to me...So y not use it on serious criminals. Even God created Hell....He is the wisest and yet He believes in torture...hence i don see nething wrong.
Old May 22, 2009, 05:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Watch some 24.
Old May 22, 2009, 07:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

part I wasn't boring enough or enlightening enough that you have to open part II??

It's a good thing that you are nobody just like rest of us al... had you any leadership qualities, you would be a nutcase - you are still a nutcase but then you would be a nutcase that mattered. Thank God you are nobody.
Old May 22, 2009, 08:26 PM
Banned

if innocent people were not being tortured right and left all over the world, then we would'nt be having this discussion.

People in the United States who are against torture are so not only because of humane reasons (rightly or wrongly), but are mainly so because we are appalled with the maschochistic display of chenny and co around this topic and how openly they are flaunting this as if to say...say all you want, but what can you do about it...we are the us of a.