facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 7, 2008, 07:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Question Rafique not retired? Hopes to play in Asia Cup?

Despite the typing errors, if Pagla Wants to play he can play right now if it was up to me.

http://thatscricket.oneindia.in/news...s-rafique.html

Found a brief Scorecard he took 1/36, his team is in the Semifinals, he plays for Sahara India

Quote:
Lucknow: The prolific Bangladesh left arm leg spinner Mohd Rafiq (37) feels that age is no bar to play cricket.

The first Bangladeshi player, who has 100 victims in his kitty was here to participate in the ongoing Sheesh Mahal cricket championship, said today he had no plan yet to say goodbye to internatinal cricket though, presently, he was not playing for Bangladesh and still hopping for a comeback in the national team and would play in the forthcoming Asia Cup tournament.

He said a number of 'plus 35 years' players still performing well from different national teams and they have no plan to retire from International cricket yet.

On a querry he said his team had no problem with three leg spinners playing in the national team. He rated the Indian spin attack as the best in the world.

It was Rafiq's first visit here and he faced no hardship in performing in such a humid and hot weather conditions here saying the weather conditions of India and Bangladesh were almost same and he had a big experience of playing in such conditions.

Last edited by cricman; June 7, 2008 at 07:58 PM..
Old June 7, 2008, 11:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: mashrafe mortaza

we def need him. our spinners have been terrible lately. razzak has lost something he had back in the world cup.
Old June 8, 2008, 03:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

yeah but has he really reitred from odi cricket though?
isnt it only test?

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old June 8, 2008, 03:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

bod gula re kobe email korsilam je bhai re bhai, rafiq re firae an. ke sune kar kotha. BCB r ager directing board ke firae ana uchit. akhon er gula mone hoe khaowa pae na. brain kom kaaj kore. dakhen na ato important series gula falae rakhse brishti r modde.
Old June 9, 2008, 11:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I feel with his experience, he should definitely continue playing for BD.

BCB is foolish to axe all the experienced players for young inexperienced players, that is one reason why BDis always on the losing side.
Old June 9, 2008, 12:39 PM
Cricket Guru

I know Rafique has a habit of declaring retirement and then renounce it later, but he can't be serious this time. Asia Cup ? Does not he know that the squad for the Cup has been already announced ???
Old June 10, 2008, 03:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I know Rafique has a habit of declaring retirement and then renounce it later, but he can't be serious this time. Asia Cup ? Does not he know that the squad for the Cup has been already announced ???
Your right bhai, Rafique is always full of nonsense. Remember when he grandly declared he'll be participating in the IPL for Kolkata? I don't know about you, but I didn't notice him...

He also annointed his team mate mosharraf hossain as BD's next great spinner. In time he may be, but right now Razzak, enamul haque jnr and possibly kapali and riyad are all better spinners!