facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 24, 2017, 12:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Pak players will come like last time in numbers too. Money talks. BPL is older than PSL. Once the incompetent cricekt gove of BPL takes the league to proper home and away, then bpl will blossom so much even more. Sad thing is these dhaka centric bunch still on a tuktuk in regards to improving facilities elsewhere and taking cricket around BD. This why BPL is suffering from lack of quality.
I'm liking it soo far, they seem to be more active now, especially Dhaka and Khulna.

Old June 24, 2017, 01:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalikBro
At home. There is no denying that.

Except we are not talking about the sponsorship and viewership at home.

It is good thing that Pakistan won't be hosting Bangladesh for a while. It is not fun playing playing the team that resorts to conspiracy theory all the time.
How else do you define brand of a team if not for viewership and sponsorship?

Old June 24, 2017, 04:34 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
How else do you define brand of a team if not for viewership and sponsorship?
You are talking about home series. Outside the home, that is where the value of brand is tested. New Zealand and Sri Lanka are seasoned brands that sell for any teams that host them.

Why do you think Australia regularly host New Zealand in Australia? Why PCB in regards to Sri Lanka for that matter? But the sponsors are already available for them as they are proven brands regardless of their situation.

Bangladesh is uncharted territory when it comes to oversea. Time will tell, but personally, i would love to see PCB hosting Bangladesh in UAE. It is just wishful thinking since it is hard to tell whether it is financially viable for PCB to host Bangladesh or not. Again, we are talking about the perspective from PCB.
Old June 24, 2017, 04:40 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakman
If i am not wrong BPL will take place in november & so does global league of South africa. There are two teams in global league owned by Pakistanis, though players has not been anounced yet but i think few of Pakistani players will be signed up for them. And we also have full series with srilanka in UAE starting from october to december. So i hardly thinks our top notch players will be available for either of those leagues.

And malik bro i think Pakistan should allow players to play in that league because that will give very good impression about Pakistan and we should also see how bangladesh board acts & how they return the favor.
That is up to PCB. After successful PSL, PCB is inclined to be little more demanding given what BCB did to PCB in the matter of keeping PCB in dark for the whole time.

That is for another topic.

The schedule of BPL and South Africa T20 league might clash with each other as i have heard. And yeah, Pakistani franchises bought couple of team in Africa T20 league. Perhaps, that is where Pakistani cricketers lies. I expect them to be playing in that league soon.

I believe the full series with Sri Lanka is in October while African T20 league might be in the summer. Pakistani players will be busy in the summer from Carribean T20 to Natwest T20 league and now African T20.

If the part of schedule clash is true, then BPL might lose out some cricketers to African T20 league. Bad timing.
Old June 24, 2017, 04:45 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Pak players will come like last time in numbers too. Money talks. BPL is older than PSL. Once the incompetent cricekt gove of BPL takes the league to proper home and away, then bpl will blossom so much even more. Sad thing is these dhaka centric bunch still on a tuktuk in regards to improving facilities elsewhere and taking cricket around BD. This why BPL is suffering from lack of quality.
BPL had huge financial issue despite hosting at home [Bangladesh]. Whereas PSL has been successful in oversea especially the inexpensive UAE. PSL has been hosted twice and both editions have been successful so far.

I am glad PCB was slow and took the time with PSL while BCB hastened with BPL which exposed the matter of fact that BPL was not ready to begin with.
Old June 25, 2017, 11:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You are talking about home series. Outside the home, that is where the value of brand is tested. New Zealand and Sri Lanka are seasoned brands that sell for any teams that host them.

Why do you think Australia regularly host New Zealand in Australia? Why PCB in regards to Sri Lanka for that matter? But the sponsors are already available for them as they are proven brands regardless of their situation.

Bangladesh is uncharted territory when it comes to oversea. Time will tell, but personally, i would love to see PCB hosting Bangladesh in UAE. It is just wishful thinking since it is hard to tell whether it is financially viable for PCB to host Bangladesh or not. Again, we are talking about the perspective from PCB.
Even outside the home, bd brings more money, via sponsorship and viewership

NZ to Australia barring, that's easier to organise and is popular for a rivalry

I couldn't care less if bd for uae, my point is about you thinking nz and SL are more financially viable which is not the case, they simply have no brand you speak of, that's not opinion, that's a fact going from recent series'so against them

Old June 25, 2017, 03:34 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: $hakib Al Ha$an
Default Ignorant

These Pakistanis and Indians suffer from a superiority complex that's ugly. Still living in their glory of 90s.
Will put it to you in your business term. Bangladesh is a big brand in cricket period.
Why we don't get full series, not because of money. Because of superiority complex of boards and countries like your.

Last edited by Night_wolf; June 25, 2017 at 08:12 PM.. Reason: dont use derogatory word
Old June 26, 2017, 12:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

The brand of West Indies is so big that the man of the match award in a series with India gets 750USD.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old June 26, 2017, 04:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Rilee Rossow signed by Khulna. Gunaratne to Dhaka.

Seems like this year its proper business, some big t20 names already signed and more coming in. DD as usual seems to be buying all the good ones; they have,Watson, Narine, Afridi, Amir, Sanga retained. Khulna have done some early business too.

Where are the rest of the franchises ? Need to hear some actions from them. Sylhet yet to be named.

From next year or when the contract ends, teams should be opened to international buyers to bid too. That way more price will go up. BPL has all the tools to be mega successful tournament played in Bangladesh, at home not elsewhere, and with the big crowds to back it up. Just missing some correct organisation.
Old June 26, 2017, 04:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Dhaka looks so strong. Not sure if confirmed, but saw that Sylhet name will change from Superstar to just Sylhet Stars.
Old June 26, 2017, 04:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Dude nobody wants to play in Pakistan! Good luck finding any international team even want to go to Pakistan. Who want to risk their life for a game of cricket.
Old June 26, 2017, 06:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishu
These Pakistanis and Indians suffer from a superiority complex that's ugly. Still living in their glory of 90s.
Will put it to you in your business term. Bangladesh is a big brand in cricket period.
Why we don't get full series, not because of money. Because of superiority complex of boards and countries like your.
Don't generalize dude, India has always been a dominant force in ICC tournaments, out of 5 ICC tournaments in this decade we won two of them, finalists in one and reached semi twice, trust me even if we want to brag we don't have to go back to the 90's, we have achieved enough in the recent past.

Indeed BD has become a big brand in cricket that means even if some random dude in the internet calls you minnow you don't become one, you will encounter people with different views and ideas in online platforms, trust me man I am telling this from experience it is better to grow a thick skin than reacting all the time.

Honestly speaking Pakistani fans are not used to winning big trophies very often and let alone beating their arch rivals in the finals so they are going overboard with the celebrations and chest thumping, cut them some slack and let them enjoy till it lasts.
Old June 26, 2017, 06:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Hey Malik, how you doing man?

Sorry I don't remember congratulating you after that match, I was too sad and heartbroken to do that, belated congratulations on the win buddy and Eid Mubarak to you and your family

I now seriously want a bilateral series between us just so that we can thrash your flying a$$es back to stone ages and show you who is the real boss
Old June 26, 2017, 08:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Where are mods man. Are they active anymore? I feel like quitting BC. Too many outsiders always derailing almost each threads. This is about BPL upcoming season, and we have some outsiders trying to show how great their board/nation/team/market is. Come on mods, why thou have become so soft these days. Put this to an end, sick of seeing Indo paks always big mouthing and derailing threads with their sh.t in threads which has no relevance to them!
Old June 27, 2017, 10:03 AM
Street Cricketer

1. Probably the PCB wont give NOCs.
2. We are a bigger market than WI, NZ, Lanka and Zimbabwe so that is a poor argument against hosting us.
3. We have to acknowledge that right now those teams are more established brands than us (but not bigger markets).
4. Our curve is upwards and we are the 2nd best side in Asia on potential.
Old June 28, 2017, 06:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by moinul_huq
2. We are a bigger market than WI, NZ, Lanka and Zimbabwe so that is a poor argument against hosting us.
3. We have to acknowledge that right now those teams are more established brands than us (but not bigger markets).
I think this summarizes the previous discussion in this thread..

SA league and ours will run at the same time. So it will be a great contest..
Old June 28, 2017, 06:57 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Hey Malik, how you doing man?

Sorry I don't remember congratulating you after that match, I was too sad and heartbroken to do that, belated congratulations on the win buddy and Eid Mubarak to you and your family

I now seriously want a bilateral series between us just so that we can thrash your flying a$$es back to stone ages and show you who is the real boss
Thanks. And likewise.

Now you want bilateral series?

It is best to take some time off and let us enjoy the memory of Champion Trophy 17 until ODI WC 19. I am sure our memory of victory might be short-lived given that Pakistan is yet to beat in ODI and T20 WC.

That being said, Pakistan does own India by huge margins in terms of overall record. Not to mention, Pakistan did beat India in India not long ago. You sure you want revenge series?
Old June 28, 2017, 06:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Get back to the topic of the thread guys... if you want you can open a new thread discussing this. I will add my opinion into as well.

Come on, let's do it.

Please mods, don't ban me for going off topic.
Old June 28, 2017, 07:02 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moinul_huq
At home [Bangladesh], Bangladesh is more economical viable. That is the same with every teams hosting the home series.

Outside the home, it depends on the host and its sponsor. Pakistan's sponsor is Ten Network which has covered for hosting South Africa, Sri Lanka, England, Australia, New Zealand and even West Indies.

Ironically, Ten network is Indian owned.

Pakistan is better off hosting Bangladesh at Bangladesh than at UAE. Given the diplomatic relationship, it is not worth the hassle.
Old June 28, 2017, 08:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Thanks. And likewise.

Now you want bilateral series?

It is best to take some time off and let us enjoy the memory of Champion Trophy 17 until ODI WC 19. I am sure our memory of victory might be short-lived given that Pakistan is yet to beat in ODI and T20 WC.

That being said, Pakistan does own India by huge margins in terms of overall record. Not to mention, Pakistan did beat India in India not long ago. You sure you want revenge series?
can you please show me the scorecard for the last time India lost to Pakistan in India?
Old June 29, 2017, 04:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Get back to the topic of the thread guys... if you want you can open a new thread discussing this. I will add my opinion into as well.

Come on, let's do it.

Please mods, don't ban me for going off topic.
Please stop policing every thread, it's highly irritating, let the people speak their minds, let the mods take care of the law and order in this forum, they are here for a reason.
Old June 29, 2017, 07:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
At home [Bangladesh], Bangladesh is more economical viable. That is the same with every teams hosting the home series.

Outside the home, it depends on the host and its sponsor. Pakistan's sponsor is Ten Network which has covered for hosting South Africa, Sri Lanka, England, Australia, New Zealand and even West Indies.

Pakistan is better off hosting Bangladesh at Bangladesh than at UAE. Given the diplomatic relationship, it is not worth the hassle.
Am pretty sure ten is not a sponsor, but rather a broadcaster

Old June 29, 2017, 08:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Sounds like cowardice excuse!
Old June 29, 2017, 09:11 AM
Cricket Legend

How come so many of you are investing so much time and energy to convince a single stubborn Pakmystaniyan about something that has nothing to do with potential big-name signings in the BPL?

Let it go, people. Pakmystaniyans will never be convinced; grant them their delusions.
Old June 29, 2017, 09:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:

Salaam,
In recent overseas series, BD-NZ, BD-SL, BD-NZ-IRE all major sponsors were BD corporations. There were 11 companies sponsoring the Tri-Nation at Ireland. Title sponsor and everything else.

My Perspective is reality. 1.27 Pakistani rupees = 1 taka. That is all. Have a great day.