facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 2, 2018, 02:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Your 500,000 statistic of British Bangladeshis you gave me is now redundant now that you think a lot of British Sylheti girls go to Islamic schools. That will only be a small number. I wonder how and where you got these numbers from. Although I am not amazed as you appreciate Sylethis for the wrong reasons! 😁

Last edited by adamnsu; September 2, 2018 at 03:36 PM..

Old September 2, 2018, 02:46 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Your 500,000 statistic if British Bangladeshis you gave me is now redundant now that you think a lot of British Sylheti girls go to Islamic schools. That will only be a small number. I wonder how and where you got these numbers from. Although I am not amazed as you appreciate Sylethis for the wrong reasons! ������
What's wrong with appreciating sylhetis for being good looking and religious?

Not saying sylhetis are only good looking, I've seen a lot of pretty non-sylheti girls as well. From what I've observed in Canada, those pretty non sylhetis are extremely liberal and white washed girls who enjoy drinking and partying. Not that sylheti girls don't do such things, as I'm pretty sure there are some as well, but I've seen and heard off far more non sylheti girls having such bad habits.

In the city where I live, a pretty muslim non-sylheti girl just recently married a hindu punjabi indian guy without getting him to convert; the entire non-sylheti community was blessing the marriage with "mashallah" celebrated the wedding very lasciviously; of course observing things like that leaves me with a bad impression. Again this my personal perspective from what I've observed in Canada, I do not mean any offense.
Old September 2, 2018, 02:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

This is getting into a religious debate in 3, 2, 1, ....
Old September 2, 2018, 02:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibal
What's wrong with appreciating sylhetis for being good looking and religious?

Not saying sylhetis are only good looking, I've seen a lot of pretty non-sylheti girls as well. From what I've observed in Canada, those pretty non sylhetis are extremely liberal and white washed girls who enjoy drinking and partying. Not that sylheti girls don't do such things, as I'm pretty sure there are some as well, but I've seen and heard off far more non sylheti girls having such bad habits.

In the city where I live, a pretty muslim non-sylheti girl just recently married a hindu punjabi indian guy without getting him to convert; the entire non-sylheti community was blessing the marriage with "mashallah" celebrated the wedding very lasciviously; of course observing things like that leaves me with a bad impression. Again this my personal perspective from what I've observed in Canada, I do not mean any offense.
The way you worded it previously , it kind of sounded like the rest of Bangladesh doesn’t give emphasis on religious beliefs. I didn’t say anything about being good looking. Hence my comment.

For a guy expecting his life partner to be religious you have a keen eye on analysing women 😁

And one big barrier to your grand sheme of things:your potential in laws would be a restaurant owner who most likely sell alcohol to run his business and 95% be from Syleth. How would your religious principles overlook such a thing?
Old September 2, 2018, 03:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

To inject some much needed comedy...lets just hope Shibal doesn't end up with one of these girls:

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 2, 2018, 03:41 PM
Cricket Savant

And this is what feels like for a n00b to get slaughtered by a cricket legend. Jezus Christ Yanks... and here I thought I was the hitman.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 2, 2018, 04:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:

Why would such a thing leave you with a bad impression?
Old September 2, 2018, 06:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Wtf......
I stand by.* NOT to confuse with standby remote

I still don't get the point of the thread.

Old September 2, 2018, 06:40 PM
Cricket Savant

A time for Good ol' (NOT Jane Goodall!) "Google is your friend" insertion.

https://www.google.com/search?q=How+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old September 2, 2018, 07:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

My forefathers are from Habiganj, highly religious and also very much inclined to arts and science, what the people of Eastern Sylhet lack. I agree with Shibal, although I have in-laws from Borolekha(MoulviBazaar) directly in adjacent family, mostly people from Sylhet Shodor and MBazaar like to act racist and arrogant to Habiganj people. It is actually their defense mechanism as we are mostly advanced in education. If you look at current and previous cabinets it can make the picture clearer.
Also being born and brought up in Dhaka with maternal family linked to Gopalganj I had zero chance to acquire any accent which actually I am glad about
Old September 2, 2018, 08:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Crossing the pond might be a tough task for most British Sylheti girls?
Old September 2, 2018, 08:57 PM
Cricket Sage

More good news about Shibal’s people

https://www.prothomalo.com/banglades...A6%BE%E0%A6%B0
Old September 2, 2018, 10:20 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
The way you worded it previously , it kind of sounded like the rest of Bangladesh doesn’t give emphasis on religious beliefs. I didn’t say anything about being good looking. Hence my comment.

For a guy expecting his life partner to be religious you have a keen eye on analysing women ������

And one big barrier to your grand sheme of things:your potential in laws would be a restaurant owner who most likely sell alcohol to run his business and 95% be from Syleth. How would your religious principles overlook such a thing?
Lol sylheti immigrants all over the world are the same. Even my father owns an indian restaurant: My father and mother have performed their Hajj duties alhamdullilah, but my dad went back to attending his restaurant again lol. Unfortunately the restaurant business is our livelyhood which payed for everything in our lives which included my education. No muslim in the entire world is perfect, but we should always strive to improve on our deen

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
More good news about Shibal’s people

https://www.prothomalo.com/banglades...A6%BE%E0%A6%B0
Lol, uneducated low class people will always remain low class and deviant no matter where they are in the world; Bangladesh, Pakistan, India England, and etc. These kind of acts are not exclusive to Moulvibazar only.

Anways I apologize if I offended you and your gushti. A dude asked "why not Habiganj?" I just gave my explanation.
Old September 2, 2018, 10:33 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
A time for Good ol' (NOT Jane Goodall!) "Google is your friend" insertion.

https://www.google.com/search?q=How+...hrome&ie=UTF-8
And as you can see no google search result can answer my question. Even asking on Quora won't do, because I will have to request answers from British bengalis, searching for british bengalis to request answers from is an impossible task on Quora. The the topic "british bengali" does not exist as a quora topic for british bengalis to follow or be an expert about.
Old September 2, 2018, 10:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
My forefathers are from Habiganj, highly religious and also very much inclined to arts and science, what the people of Eastern Sylhet lack. I agree with Shibal, although I have in-laws from Borolekha(MoulviBazaar) directly in adjacent family, mostly people from Sylhet Shodor and MBazaar like to act racist and arrogant to Habiganj people. It is actually their defense mechanism as we are mostly advanced in education. If you look at current and previous cabinets it can make the picture clearer.
Also being born and brought up in Dhaka with maternal family linked to Gopalganj I had zero chance to acquire any accent which actually I am glad about
Well I will say the legendary Syed Mujtaba Ali is from Moulvibazar (at least I think so). So its not all fogas from there.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 2, 2018, 10:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Post your pic yo.

We will Tinder you up.

Old September 2, 2018, 11:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Asaad you spelled cringe wrong.

Oh wait. I have to explain it. Cuz nowadays people dont get what I am saying. I am about talking the video you fools.

Old September 3, 2018, 12:37 AM
Club Cricketer

I think British Bangla women are fairly religious
Old September 3, 2018, 03:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Lol sylheti immigrants all over the world are the same. Even my father owns an indian restaurant: My father and mother have performed their Hajj duties alhamdullilah, but my dad went back to attending his restaurant again lol. Unfortunately the restaurant business is our livelyhood which payed for everything in our lives which included my education. No muslim in the entire world is perfect, but we should always strive to improve on our deen
I was expecting such a typical reply. You dont really want to address the issues and actually kind of beat around the bush bro as your answers are vague.

My point was specifically about selling alcohol to run a restaurant not running a restaurant alone. You had said the Quran doesnt like women wearing Niqab, can you tell me where it says it is permissible to sell alcohol?

Muslims I have come across have stopped either running a restaurant as they might need to serve alcohol or have taken another occupation. They are trying to improve but probably in Canada they might not be ready ?

You say you dont mean offence to others but if you read your own comments, its quite offensive to non Bangladeshis as you imply or directly say non Sylethis are not upto the mark. Probably you dont mix with the right kind of non Sylhetis because of the reason i will explain below.

The first time when I felt I was a different kind of Bangladeshi was when I mixed with Sylheti people in the UK! They are quite racist from my experience against non Sylethis.

Before you go on beating the drums for Sylethis in the UK, they are mixed up with alot of bad things which include drugs, drinking and partying you just need to go to East London areas near Mile End to witness all of this. Tax fraud, Benefit fraud, Political fraud etc are all majority done by Sylhetis as you had pointed out that 95% of ethnic Bangladeshis come from Sylhet.

That being said Sylethis, are some of the most hospitable and soft spoken people .

Yes I agree no one is perfect, but when the person cant see imperfections in themselves they will never learn to correct it. But what is hypocritical is they find faults with others.

Last edited by adamnsu; September 3, 2018 at 05:38 AM..
Old September 3, 2018, 05:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebreaker
I think British Bangla women are fairly religious
How did you come to that conclusion?
Old September 3, 2018, 01:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Lol, uneducated low class people will always remain low class and deviant no matter where they are in the world; Bangladesh, Pakistan, India England, and etc. These kind of acts are not exclusive to Moulvibazar only.

Anways I apologize if I offended you and your gushti. A dude asked "why not Habiganj?" I just gave my explanation.
No offense but I just wanted to point out the vague superiority complex and self-contradiction in your claims. Like you said, similar as low class there is the opposite. You need serious effort to broaden your horizon. When world is moving on with AI and possible inhabitance in Moon, it is high time that your genration of Sylhetis denounce those existing myth and taboos, starts to understand that there is nothing called a language barrier, recognize better options than traditional ways and change their perspective about life and marriage.
Old September 3, 2018, 02:05 PM
Cricket Savant

I had nothing to do with this.

Old September 3, 2018, 02:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
jazakallah khair brother for your satirical post. I really appreciate the help man. However a girl does not have to be niqab wearing for me at all, in fact I don't prefer that as well and neither does the Quran.
Quote:
And this is what feels like for a n00b to get slaughtered by a cricket legend. Jezus Christ Yanks... and here I thought I was the hitman.
Most logical thing you both have written this thread.

Quote:
On a serious note, what are the sylheti girls like in New York city? The few that I met during my visit were extremely whitewashed.
You cannot expect to find un-whitewashed girls searching in white countries. NY is one of the most liberal cities in the world, expect its inhabitants to be the same. NY girls (bengal, sylheti or otherwise) are unique in their attitude and demeanor. Come on down and see for yourself, it will be worth the trek.

But again, the underlying questing is what can you offer the girl for her to leave the greatest city in the world to move to...winnipeg? You don't have to answer me, just something to think about.
Old September 3, 2018, 02:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

It's funny how people can dispel or reinforce stereotypes. I am lucky I know many Sylhetis in NY who love education, arts, sciences, and inter faith marriages, and still have Sylheti pride. That to me is the real Sylhet, not some cousin marrying arabized welfare fraud from East London or Scarborough.
Old September 3, 2018, 04:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Why drag Scarborough into this?