facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 19, 2008, 09:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Default Best cricketers never to have played a Test for their countries ?

Name the best cricketer you know from a country who never got the chance to represent his country in Test cricket.

Australia: Jamie Siddons, from what I hear (Stuart Law would easily win this title had he not played that one Test).

India: I think Subramaniam Badrinath will get the honor.

Bangladesh: Minhajul Abedin (the only Bangladeshi cricketer who has a 50+ FC average).

Old August 19, 2008, 10:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Fav cricketer who didn't play test - Atahar Ali. He is one of my least fav commentator though. Anytime I hear him start to speak I look for the mute button.
Old August 19, 2008, 10:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen

India: I think Subramaniam Badrinath will get the honor.
Next Test Series he should get his chance, He'll get Capped in one of the ODI's

Kevin Peterson never got to play a Test for SA ... Imagine KP on the Current SA team?
Old August 19, 2008, 10:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

David Sales for England. A hard hitting right handed batsmen from Northampton could have easily played for England, well he is still playing but I dont think he will be considered.

CI Plyer profile
Quote:
The hard-hitting David Sales was a precocious talent, playing for his county and England as a teenager, and his first-class career began in spectacular fashion when he cracked 210 not out against Worcestershire in 1996 aged 18 - the youngest person to score a Championship double hundred. But, inexplicably, for a couple of seasons thereafter he frustrated even his most ardent supporters with inconsistency and mediocre returns. In 1999 he finally broke through, scoring 1291 runs at 51.64, and in 2000-01 he went to the Caribbean with the England A side. It wasn't a happy experience - he sustained a serious knee injury playing beach volleyball after a good start to the tour and missed the entire 2001 season. He returned, but not exactly with a bang, in 2002, but again showed his better side in 2003 when he narrowly missed out on 1000 runs. He was appointed county captain for the 2004 season, a role he has held since. 2006 was another productive year for Sales as he scored over 1200 runs in the Championship, and he bettered that in 2007 with 1384, but he couldn't lead his side to any success in the second division and handed over the reigns before the 2008 season.
Old August 19, 2008, 11:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I think of Clive Rice of SA. A contemporary of Hadlee, Kapil, Imran and Botham, he would have been recognized as the fifth member of that group. Apartheid regime is to blame. I am sure there are a few other South Africans that missed the boat as well.
Old August 22, 2008, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Athar Ali Khan