facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old May 12, 2010, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

This is what happens when you know your limitations, play hard as a team and have an amazing goal tender to back your efforts up. Too bad the Penguins aren't going to make it this year, but the Habs are on a roll. Stanley Cup in sight?

Old May 12, 2010, 08:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
Luongo choked.

Mtl won the series ! i dont know how to feel !? goo HABS !!?
Old May 12, 2010, 09:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Stanley Cup in sight?
i can imagine this being the million dollar question going around all day tomorrow at work...
Old May 12, 2010, 09:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

The best Eastern Conference final can hope for is 6th seed vs 8th seed with a possibility of 7th seed vs 8th seed. Western Conference got 1st vs 2nd.
Old May 12, 2010, 09:36 PM
Cricket Legend

The Flyers are freaking amazing....they were down by 3 games and now its 3-3 forcing game 7. Go flyers.
Old May 12, 2010, 09:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Btw the Bell Centre were sold out...despite the game being played a thousand mile away. Thats crazy.
Old May 12, 2010, 10:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Spectacular win by the Habs! Second game 7 win of the playoffs. Thrilled about the outcome. Very convincing victory of 5-2. Goaltending was the difference once again. Fleury should have made a couple more saves. He should have stopped the second goal. I know there was a forward lurking on his left but he needed to have made the save for Pens to stay in the game. Unfortunately for the Pens, he didn't. Two more goals in the second really took the life out of the Pens.

Credits should be given to Habs forwards for buying into Jaques Martin's defense first mentality and adhering to it all the way through the series. The line of Gionta, Gomez, and Cammie had another strong game in both ends of the ice. All the defensemen deserve praise for their collective work in shutting down arguably two of the best hockey players in the world. I have to highlight Hal Gill and P. K. Subban for their contributions in this series. Hal Gill was a rock in the back end. He was instrumental in neutralizing Crosby and largely responsible for Crosby's five games goalless streak. P. K was a horse. He played beyond his years and with lot of composure. I am really excited about his potential as a dmen and a leader. He did it all in this series: got on Malkin's nerves, qbacked the pp, killed penalities and made sure the puck got out of defensive zone in a hurry. Spacek showed guts coming back early from his illness, contributing offensively and shutt down role. I hope this last for awhile more.

My heartfelt commiseration to Beamer. It was a great series to follow. Pens fought hard, the series could have gone in any team's direction. Fleury didn't give the Pens the goaltending that was required to succeed in the playoffs. Another crucial factor determining the outcome of the series was the number series Pens had played in the past two years prior to this one. Those games took a toll on their health/bodies and affected their performance adversely. The key players and more importantly the secondary players could not deliver when the team required it most. This was one of the best series I've ever watched.
Old May 12, 2010, 10:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Next series will be a tough series for the Habs. Both Bruins and Flyers like to play physically intimidating hockey. We managed to shut down some of the most offensively talented players in the last two series with team efforts and solid goaltending. Are we ready for the next challenge? Eagerly waiting for the conference finals to begin. I think Flyers are winning game 6 atm.
Old May 12, 2010, 10:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Btw the Bell Centre were sold out...despite the game being played a thousand mile away. Thats crazy.
It was crazy. Did you see it on sportscentre on tsn?
Old May 12, 2010, 10:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtylish cricketer
It was crazy. Did you see it on sportscentre on tsn?
Yeah man. Crazy stuff. Toronto fans are so timid compared to the Montreal Fans.
Old May 12, 2010, 10:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Yeah man. Crazy stuff. Toronto fans are so timid compared to the Montreal Fans.
Toronto fans are pretty crazy too (they are definitely not timid) but the leafs disappoint them every year. Habs made it to conference finals this year after a long time so, naturally the fans will be excited.
Old May 12, 2010, 11:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Toronto fans are pretty crazy too (they are definitely not timid) but the leafs disappoint them every year. Habs made it to conference finals this year after a long time so, naturally the fans will be excited.
They are pretty timid lately man. ACC feels really quiet. It probably is because we suck so bad. Raptors fans' are crazy and TFC fans are off the hook.
Old May 13, 2010, 09:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Congratulations IC bro ! You guys deserved it. You played better, fought harder, blocked more shots, pounced on more opportunities- all things needed to win a seven game series. I am not going to blame any of my players, though many deserve to be blamed for last night and the series, but they also won us many series and a Stanley Cup. We do need a long summer. We need a proper training camp. We will have a lot of new faces next year ( tons of older free agents who wont be back ) and a brand new arena. Our core is young and and superb. We will contend every year.

Now, I will just kick back and watch. Defintely want the Habs to go all the way. Like I said earlier , I could never hate the Habs. I think Phily is on an amzing comeback trail. Habs-Flyers. Halak keeps up his act, that will be a short series.
Old May 13, 2010, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

I'll have my eyes on the Habs too and back them to win. It will be quite a feat if it happens.
Old May 14, 2010, 09:29 PM
Test Cricketer

It's official. The Eastern Conference finals will be contested between Habs vs. Flyers. One has to feel for the Bruins. Losing a series from a 3-0 lead, is never easy to digest. Flyers are a tough team and they will provide a different challenge compared to the two skilled teams we faced in the last two series. Pronger will be tough on the Habs forward. Camalleri and co better be ready for some "rock'em sock'em" hockey.
Old May 17, 2010, 11:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Game 1 was an embarrassment for all the Habs skaters. Halak needs to bounce back with another miraculous performance. We need to get back to playing team defense, capitalize on pp, and odd men scoring chances. I am really upset with the coaches' decision to play Gomez. He has not done much throughout the season in fact his point production is a bit inflated as a result of playing with a sniper. He should be benched if he doesn't elevate his game by next game. Put Pleks in the first line and dump Gomez to the fourth. Eight million dollars for a guy who can't lift the puck from the blue ice is money mismanagement of gigantic proportion. What the hell was Bob Gainey thinking?

I hope the expectations of the entire nation is not getting to them. Flyers are not be underestimated.
Old May 18, 2010, 08:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

No Boston?? How come??

7 and 8 will duel it out. Nice. However, they (combined) stand no chance against the west.
+++
Go Chicago!!
Old May 18, 2010, 10:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Game 1 was an embarrassment for all the Habs skaters. Halak needs to bounce back with another miraculous performance. We need to get back to playing team defense, capitalize on pp, and odd men scoring chances. I am really upset with the coaches' decision to play Gomez. He has not done much throughout the season in fact his point production is a bit inflated as a result of playing with a sniper. He should be benched if he doesn't elevate his game by next game. Put Pleks in the first line and dump Gomez to the fourth. Eight million dollars for a guy who can't lift the puck from the blue ice is money mismanagement of gigantic proportion. What the hell was Bob Gainey thinking?

I hope the expectations of the entire nation is not getting to them. Flyers are not be underestimated.
Don't worry about the Game 1 results. After all, we have seen this script before against Caps and Pens. Taking Game 2 is key. Habs will be lot better tonight. Philly is doing what we didn't, which is to crash the net. Lack of desire and urgency combined with fatigue prevented us from doing exactly that.
Old May 20, 2010, 12:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Come on Habs! Please..please ..beat Philly..
Old May 20, 2010, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Somehow I'm back to my slump where the Stanley Cup doesn't matter all that much anymore - a lot like what happens when I'm following the Maple Leafs (it'll be a while before I start following them again, if I ever do). I had wanted the Penguins to progress and if not, at least the Habs or the Sharks to go through. Really not looking forward to a Flyers vs Blackhawks finale.
Old May 20, 2010, 12:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Hawks will play in the finals. That team is built to win now and I won't be surprised if they win it all. They remind me of Pens a year or two ago, bursting with talent. They will face our problem in a year, when all these guys are due huge contracts ( once the rookie contract runs out ), and they will have to dump salaries. In this era, its almost impossible to form dynasties, and only teams like Detroit comes close to manage it because of their draft and player development. It is Chicago's time, and possibly for one more year, after that- window of opportunity shuts a lot more.
Old May 20, 2010, 10:29 PM
Test Cricketer

A thoroughly deserved victory by the Habs in game 3 at home. All 19 players contributed to the win. Halak was back to himself tonight, making key saves in the first preserving the scoreless tie. The forwards started skating soon after and finally solved Leighton. Hamerlik and Spacek I thought had their best game in the playoffs and will need to continue in the same vain for remainder of the series. After couple of bad road games, P.K redeemed himself tonight with three assists and regained the faith of the fans and coaching stuff.

Flyers, unlike the first two games had a hard time adjusting to our team speed. Their dmen were under duress the whole game thanks to aggressive forechecking by all forwards (especially Lapiere). They were not allowed just hold the line as the forwards rushed in the offensive zone with a good burst of speed, threatening to score every time. It was good to see the forwards come up with a method to break the dreaded left wing lock. Forwards "criss-crossed" in the neutral zone and broke the lock. After watching tonight's game, I am convinced our winning strategy has to include quick skating and soft dump-ins instead of stick handling through the neutral zone because it allows the forwards to forecheck and dictate tempo of the game. The Flyers dmen showed vulnerability in their skating and proved that they cannot contain the Habs forwards for long. Habs need to bring the same intensity in game 4. The pp needs resurrecting. The fifth goal which was scored 5-3 on the pp, was the first pp goal in 11 attempts. Flyers will come hard in game 4. Habs need to hold serve and force game 6.

Last edited by Ishtylish cricketer; May 20, 2010 at 10:35 PM..
Old May 21, 2010, 10:49 AM
Cricket Guru

I hate left wing locks and trapping...lol.
Old May 24, 2010, 08:36 PM
Cricket Legend

The Habs amazing run comes to an end. Gained so much respect for them. But lets go Flyers.
Old May 25, 2010, 02:17 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

That is it-
Hawks vs Flyers!!