facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 23, 2011, 10:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
I couldnt bear watching this game, every time I saw Sarwan/Chanders/Gayle playing I thought this could have been Tamim/Shakib/Imrul. Oh the pain, and I am pretty sure we would have put out a much better fight
I felt the same way but can't agree with you on how we would give a better fight. We folded even worse then WI in 2 games whereas WI just had 1 bad game.

Old March 23, 2011, 11:28 PM
Club Cricketer

The pitch was not a 58, 78 or 112 pitch. I think it is like 150 to 180 pitch. Even though our batting sucked, but we need to know how much sucked. Here is my observation:
1) Mirpur has two types of pitches - one is like Ind/BD or the earlier asia cup, where no score is safe under dew. The second type is typical dhaka pitch where ball comes really low and very hard to score.
You can only score against new ball and pace.
2) This second category low pitch works worst specially in the afternoon time. Afternoon time, I meant, if it is a day-night match, then the first session and if it is a day match, it is the second session. For example, the SA/BD day match, if you bat first, 220 is a very good score and scoring 284 is like unbelievably great score. If you bat second for the SA/BD match, this 220 is equivalent to 180,if you bat good. If you bat great, then first session of 284 is like second session 230.
3) Typically, in the second session of day match, the ball gets even more slower and low. It is very difficult to score. Only batsman will score against good spin bowling are the grafters like Chanderpaul. Thats the correct way to bat so that you can reach 180 (good bat, good bolwing) to 220 (great bat, bad bowling).
4) Remember, SL was not careful couple of years back in the try nation final against BD and they ended up 5/6 and some how with Murali's unbelievable batting, they could reach bangladesh target of 147. So, they also tried to hit like we did against WI instead grafting, thats why they were 5 for 6.

In BD history, only pilot, Nannu had the correct approach to bat for such a pitch. Bangladesh batting is good, but we need a grafter like Chanderpaul, Hooper, Miandad. Only person, I would see in the current crop, could be Mahmudullah, but he has a long way to go.
Old March 23, 2011, 11:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firoz
west indies had bad batting performance in mirpur . Do you guys think this pitch was the reason for bangladeshs bad performance.
Pakistan/SA played in the same pitches. Jey randtey janay shey chul'o badtey parey. 20s 30s average player'rai bhuwa!!
Old March 24, 2011, 12:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

It needs no Bradman to survive 100 balls and score at an Str. Of 70. That means 210 in 50 overs and 20 additional xtras means 230!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 24, 2011, 01:39 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Pitch is fine, it is a bit low and slow, but it's not like the pitch had variable bounce, or crumbling. West Indies showed with their batting why so many had hoped Bangladesh would spring a surprise against them, but I suppose those people didn't take into account our ever more shambolic batting lineup.

Leave Mirpur as it is, I quite like it...Mirpur and Chittagong each have their unique characteristics, and the hell with T20 style pitches.

I get to watch enough of that rubbish via the KFC T20 local tournament.