facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 20, 2010, 07:13 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Angry Nimbus: The biggest mistake in BCB's history!!!!

I just saw this article in daily inqilab and had to share with you, though I am not a big fan of that particular newspaper. I think there is truth behind this story.

Old October 20, 2010, 07:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Translation plz

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old October 20, 2010, 07:37 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Translation plz

In simple words Nimbus is making BCB suffer for the contract they signed back in 2006. Which had many small prints that BCB chiefs did not realise or should I say did not bother to read. They started dreaming as soon as they saw 55.86 US dollar contract, their eyes popped out and jumped straight in to it. Now BCB has no choice but to fulfil contract. In 4 year gone BCB have been short paid by 15 million US Dollar by Nimbus according to the article.

To recover from the loss BCB is trying to host triangular series involving India worth 4 million US Dollar till 2012. Nimbus is licking their lips and gave them the green signal. Now BCB is waiting for approaval from BCCI.

Last edited by MohammedC; October 20, 2010 at 10:13 AM..
Old October 20, 2010, 08:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Back in 06, Bangladesh were worth less than they are today.

Get the results, then screw em on the renewal.
Old October 20, 2010, 08:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
In simple words Nimbus is making BCB suffer for the contract they signed back in 2006. Which had many small prints that BCB chiefs did not realise or should I say did not bother to read. They started dreaming as soon as they saw 55.86 US dollar contract, their eyes popped out and jumped straight in to it. Now BCB has no choice but to fulfil contract. In 4 year gone BCB have been short paid by 15 million US Dollar by Nimbus according to the article.

To recover from the loss BCB is trying to host triangular series involving India worth 4 million US Dollar. Nimbus is leaking their lips and gave them the green signal. Now BCB is waiting for approaval from BCCI.

Thanks for the translation
Old October 20, 2010, 08:45 AM
Cricket Legend

the crappiest channel I have ever seen.very poor broadcasting. ugly violate logo.yuk
Old October 20, 2010, 09:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Back in 06, Bangladesh were worth less than they are today.

Get the results, then screw em on the renewal.
We should not renew the contract with nimbus. ESPN was much better, atleast everything was much clearer. I hope BCB makes the right decision when the time comes for renewal.

Old October 20, 2010, 09:23 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

when the contract will be over?
Old October 20, 2010, 09:28 AM
Street Cricketer

Let neo lick BCCI's foot. Am sure Espn network will provide a much better option. Bt then, BCB wasnt good at diplomacy ever.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 20, 2010, 09:29 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I think 2012. edit it is 2012, please find link below.
I would have to do some digging when I sit in front of my computer.

edit:
http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/c...ry/361172.html

Last edited by MohammedC; October 20, 2010 at 10:20 AM..
Old October 20, 2010, 01:13 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Didn't ESPN want rights to our matches? Why would the drop freaking ESPN over some freaking Nib-rickshaw? And why would ESPN want our matches? I know they did, back in old days, so they have better reason now, as we are much better.
Old October 20, 2010, 01:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Shob dosh oi chora Lobi er. Is he still in jail?
Old October 20, 2010, 01:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

@ Dilscoop. ESPN contract was worth around 12 million US dollar for 5 year from 2001 to 2006. If my memory seves me correctly they upped it to 40 million US dollar when they renewal came.
This thread below has lots of information from 2006 TV rights.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=17752
Old October 20, 2010, 01:42 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

And so I guess they went for so called "57 Mill"? And now they are 15 mill short? Which is 42? Damn it! Still 2 Mill more. I want them to pay for it!
Old October 20, 2010, 01:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

But I wonder how much of BCB's book is being cooked. I don't have any evidence but knowing the crooks in power, who knows how much signing bonus admin in power then pocketed.
Old October 20, 2010, 01:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
And so I guess they went for so called "57 Mill"? And now they are 15 mill short? Which is 42? Damn it! Still 2 Mill more. I want them to pay for it!
That $15 million is for last 4 years there is 2 more years left. The total short fall maybe $23 million in contracted 6 years. So Nimbus cunningly had the TV rights for 34 million USD.

Dont forget Nimbus promised to broadcast some domestic matches which never happened.
Old October 20, 2010, 02:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Nimbus is broadcasting cricket with some cheap cameras...wedding cameras may be. ESPN's broadcasting quality is unmatchable. Even Sony provides much much better during IPL.
And the graphics of Neo tv is just annoying.
Old October 20, 2010, 02:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

I want ESPN to win broadcasting rights of BD. They will not just provide better quality of broadcast but will also ensure more media coverage via Sportscentre and Cricinfo.
Old October 20, 2010, 05:21 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

@ MoC, So they are paying for it. 6 mill less. Also didn't they say they will make a new logo for bcb?

^^ and ya, the TV graphics are soo horrible, the quality of picture is poor. When I watched the match it was as dark as night. I know it was cloudy over there. But I saw pictures from the match, and they were totally different. IDK how can they turn down ESPN over some random company.
Old October 20, 2010, 05:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Nimbus wasn't a mistake, it was a learning curve, just as the boys were learning on the field.

If we can put up a great show next year including the world cup, deals would coming knocking on our doors and hopefully this time around, BCB would learn from their previous mistakes and place forward a better deal.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 20, 2010, 05:49 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Nimbus wasn't a mistake, it was a learning curve, just as the boys were learning on the field.

If we can put up a great show next year including the world cup, deals would coming knocking on our doors and hopefully this time around, BCB would learn from their previous mistakes and place forward a better deal.
Good point Rabz bhai.
Next time they should include all the international games hosted in Bangladesh not just FTP. This is where BCB got caught out with Nimbus. When Nimbus asked for production cost for bilateral series as they were not part of Future Tour Programme.
Old October 24, 2010, 11:20 AM
Banned

Nimbus is in no financial troubles. It's an Indian corporation - that is the trouble. Bhartiya haar cheez me trouble hai...

Nimbus is going public now. Look at page 11 of prospectus - an example of how Doordarshan partially protected itself from Nimbus scam via bank guarantee...
Old October 24, 2010, 04:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Where is Nimbus money?

There were many issues on the agenda during the press conference after yesterday's annual general meeting of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) but the subject that brought it to life was one word: Nimbus.
The groundbreaking six-year deal, penned in July 2008 (after the Head of Agreement of the contract was signed in November 2006), was worth 56.88 million dollars but has since become a constant thorn on the board's side.
Board president AHM Mustafa Kamal said Nimbus owes a lot of money to BCB, in excess of 22 million dollars, and they are trying to figure out a way to bring the money.
"We are supposed to get a lot of money from Nimbus, like 20 to 22 million dollars. The deal, signed during the caretaker government, was not done properly," said Kamal.
"We are trying to arrange two events with India in near future but it has to be within the time frame of our contract with Nimbus.
"I hope that we can make something out of it because it can offset some of the 14 to 17 million dollars they owe us and through the tours, we can also earn 4 million dollars," he said, adding that the tours could be confirmed within a month.
The board chief also said that Nimbus, due to several reasons, is unable to keep their end of the bargain. "According to them, there were material changes like matches being held in March instead of November, or from Sunday to Friday or day matches being played day-night. They faced obstacles due to these and some other issues," informed Kamal.
"It is surprising that such a deal was signed. They [Nimbus] did not implement the bank guarantee. It is almost like a blank paper that we have had to work on," he added.
A vital component of the big-money contract -- bank guarantee -- has never been implemented although it was incorporated in the Long Form Agreement (LFA) during Sina Ibn Jamali's reign as board chief, some 20 months after the Head of Agreement was signed without a clause for the guarantee.
"We couldn't go out of the Head of Agreement due to its limitations. For the board's interest, we had to make sure we get the best out of the deal and made sure we incorporated the bank guarantee in the LFA," said BCB vice-president Ahmed Sajjadul Alam, who was part of the board when the LFA was penned.
"One has to bear in mind that without the LFA, Nimbus was not paying us any money. I would stress that the LFA wasn't perfect simply because there were compulsions in the Head of Agreement," he added.
The deal was to have a confirmed schedule early in a year so that the minimum guaranteed money that they would pay could be determined through the bank guarantee, but that has never been put into practice.
Earlier this year, the board president along with vice-president Mahbubul Anam went to Mumbai to hammer out some kind of understanding with Nimbus so that they pay BCB 10 million dollars immediately and the remaining 13 million later.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=159839
Old October 24, 2010, 05:05 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Just go to The International Court and sue Nimbus to get every pennys including the applicable legal fees.

BCB trmendously lacks in pre-agreement research and analysis plus negotiating and bargaining.
Old October 24, 2010, 05:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Bcb cricket board is runs by incompetent people