facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 19, 2017, 11:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
You have to get past me first before u get to him
Do a google translation on "Palabe kothai shundori".

Edit: Google translation is a rip off. Nevermind.

Old December 19, 2017, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom

Nasif-er Chaamra tuley nibo hamra!
This reminds me of piece from the late Humayun Ahmed's autobiography, I can't remember the exact situation, but it goes some thing like this....People for some reason were pissed at Humayun and raising slogans outside his house- "Humayun er chamra tule nibo amra" Humayun shitting bricks and fearing for his life while his daughters started raising counter slogans from inside in the same manner "Humayun er Chamra lagiye debo amra"
Old December 19, 2017, 11:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Roy, You get the admiration and true affection here in BC because of your own kind, loving and highly respectful demeanor, the way you engage with people and the way you show respect to the people, culture, history of Bangladesh and also for people's religious sensitive faith (in this case Islam as most majority of Bangladeshis are of Islamic faith and look at the way you wish Eid Mubarak, look at the way you address people here, when you don't come from an Islamic faith background. You are Bengali Indian, I see you as a man who is very modest, yet proud of your Indian heritage, your Bengali culture and literature and everything Bengali and show respect and admiration for Bangladesh as an independent entity, you understand and honor BD people's thought process and very particular sensitiveness) - that is often very rare and superbly admirable.
Wow!! thanks BK da, means a lot to me. Not sure if I am doing any justice to such unconditional love, I am still a borderline troll.
Old December 19, 2017, 11:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Who is miss sally? Is it a American series?
Did'nt you ever watch Cars with your son/daughter.

Its an animated movie.
Old December 19, 2017, 11:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Did'nt you ever watch Cars with your son/daughter.

Its an animated movie.
Kids these days don’t have time for their old man..

My children are busy playing with toys..

Jottosob!
Old December 19, 2017, 11:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Do a google translation on "Palabe kothai shundori".

Edit: Google translation is a rip off. Nevermind.
Good!

Ignorance is bliss
Old December 19, 2017, 12:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
This is highly offensive. Racist comment. For this only, I am going to come NYC and seek you out. Palabey kothai shundori?
Oooohhh...Chherey De Amakey Shaitan! Slilotahaani...Mastaan gunda ....Heeroo Razzak Ujjol Bachau bachau...

Tiger-Weinstein, hamar Urna Hijsab dhorey taan dilo gow...Amar Brishti-tey bheja ei deho + peticoat, blouse, achol etc. etc. dhorey taan dicchey! Bachau!
Old December 19, 2017, 02:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Don't drown BC. Help is on the way....

Old December 19, 2017, 11:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Kids these days don’t have time for their old man..

My children are busy playing with toys..

Jottosob!
Thats sad bro, this is the world we live in today.
Old December 20, 2017, 03:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Thats sad bro, this is the world we live in today.
I was joking with you day and night lol.
I don’t have kids nor am I married.
Old December 20, 2017, 03:52 AM
Cricket Legend

When I thought you had kids, I pictured a man aged around 40s-50s having a midlife crisis, living in a nice house, where his kids don't care about him.
Old December 20, 2017, 03:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
When I thought you had kids, I pictured a man aged around 40s-50s having a midlife crisis, living in a nice house, where his kids don't care about him.
Pray that Allah gives me a righteous wife and children, InShaAllah
Old December 20, 2017, 04:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Pray that Allah gives me a righteous wife and children, InShaAllah
InShaAllah. It's hard to come by these days, especially with all the materialism. My suggestion marry, abroad.
Old December 20, 2017, 06:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

I have been hearing BC is getting dead from the day since I joined. Ofcourse many active members are missing today but new members are keeping it alive. In next coming years more new members will gradually come in to keep it alive. Its a cycle, eventually at a certain point in life people come to realize they can have better ways to utilize the free time to serve.

But I hope in near future there will be more such cricket forums based on Bangladeshi cricket fans.
Old December 20, 2017, 11:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
I have been hearing BC is getting dead from the day since I joined. Ofcourse many active members are missing today but new members are keeping it alive. In next coming years more new members will gradually come in to keep it alive. Its a cycle, eventually at a certain point in life people come to realize they can have better ways to utilize the free time to serve.

But I hope in near future there will be more such cricket forums based on Bangladeshi cricket fans.
Difficult to say. With all this social media; Forums are being affected.

We use to chat a lot more because there wasn't any streaming. Trying to get any info during or after the match. How did Prince bowl today? Each and every sentence by someone who saw the game, was religiously read. It was different.
Old December 21, 2017, 12:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
InShaAllah. It's hard to come by these days, especially with all the materialism. My suggestion marry, abroad.
and get hold of bd girls who are waiting to get a guy overseas, just to purely get a visa. And then after the girl moves in with the guy abroad, divorces him and brings her boyfriend abroad to live... yeah no thanks.
Old December 21, 2017, 05:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
and get hold of bd girls who are waiting to get a guy overseas, just to purely get a visa. And then after the girl moves in with the guy abroad, divorces him and brings her boyfriend abroad to live... yeah no thanks.
Bro.... I meant, marry abroad in the country your staying in. Per se, I live in australia, I'd want to marry someone from Australia.

The thing is, I am gonna get a lot of hits for this. BD girls 90% of the time cannot acclimatize to the change of culture so suddenly. That leads to the stuff you just said above. They try to hard to "fit in" and lose their traditional values and ethics.

That's why you see so many Deshi girls in Western Sydney, completely neglect their heritage.
Old December 30, 2017, 10:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Here is the thing I learned from Kindle Publishing lol..

You can have the NEXT BEST IDEA... heck you can even write the Next Big American Novel, but if you don't sell a copy it won't mean jack.

These are things you need to aggressively pursue: 1. whether it be running a forum; 2. whether spreading the message of a newly published book; 3. or even operating Nike.

Heck if Nike is soo great why tf do they spend billions in advertising? Heh... life is not that easy.

1. Aggressively spread the word; don't spam
2. Maintain quality, but hey the old adage of 'qualtiy over quantity' is down the drain.. gone are the days of elitism and hating "jodu modu kodu"... in modern day and era, ENGAGEMENT AND TRAFFIC IS EVERYTHING
3. Aggressively spread the word via Social Media like Twitter, Facebook BC page, Youtube etc. I mean FFS look at ESPNCricinfo, they are giant and they are constantly tweaking and improving... I mean now they got the "member post" as status on Cricinfo FB page
4. Spend money either in advertisement or passionately taking interest in the page you love and dedicate time and CONSCIOUSLY have vision to improve and expand empire

Sure members are to blame. But we speak the truth and we speak critically when we need. Last thing you guys need is to shut us down.

It does speak volumes when Admins or Mods take laid back approach and harbor IDGAF mentality. IDGAF? What makes you think we members will then?

You really need a plan and vision to expand. Don't just bicker 'oh oh it's FB... they stole our shctick...oh poor quality posts and threads... oh poor quality jodu kodu modu members..."

Please. Stop it. At least own up that you weren't putting time and effot. I know MANY staffs who didn't put a single drop of ink into editing. It was all myself and Nasif and JD (Zunaid) in the past. If you don't like an article then man up and say it. Instead of being pansy and playing the avoidance card. These same staffs wear the badge proudly and come out of their woodwork when there are articles in the q they "like".

Heck, many times when I knew I won't be able to contribute I even pleaded to forfeit my title.

Man up, take responsibility for your actions and to quote that dumbass meathead Jocko Willinck... take EXTREME ownership.

Frankly to reiterate, if you don't care, why should we?

Members can be half-right as well you know. Clearly y'all don't have all the answers. This idea just cuz y'all got degrees and superior seniority complex and rest of us don't know anything is frankly grossly insulting.

And...lol I like the amount of Dunning-Kroger syndrome some prominent senior arm chair members reeks. If you were the ish.. and had all the answers, clearly you wouldn't spend your sorrya-- on internet forum ripping players' lives apart. Of course I am talking about those know-it-all stuck up "authority figure" minded members only.

90% of the members are cool. Heck if it was like back in the days when the elite ran and ruled, I probably wouldn't be back. Guys like Roy1, Shadow, Yankee, Jadz, tonoy, Tigers Eye, akle, Dinraat... makes me wanna come back.

Cut with the elitism sh--. Treat others like the way you like to be treated, and respect others like the way you like to be respected.

Edit: And also regarding issue of religion, well guess what? Not everybody shares the same view. Not everyone needs to respect all faith and view. Stop being the white sheep and white knight. Goody goody is a disease. In an open forum with different people with different opinions with different views, there will be bound to be different egos. Stop exerting YOUR beliefs on others on what or how should people behave regarding religion. Just cuz it's Islam doesn't mean they get a free pass. Pssh... just go to an unregulated, unmoderated forum like Facebook or Youtube and spout that nonsense. You will get murdered by international community.

I brought up religion because it is clearly a sensitive topic resulting in many bans and infraction and melee.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old December 30, 2017, 10:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Wow!! thanks BK da, means a lot to me. Not sure if I am doing any justice to such unconditional love, I am still a borderline troll.
No you are not. Don't let anyone, ever... EVER tell you that you are a troll.

Old December 30, 2017, 11:04 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan

Edit: And also regarding issue of religion, well guess what? Not everybody shares the same view. Not everyone needs to respect all faith and view. Stop being the white sheep and white knight. Goody goody is a disease. In an open forum with different people with different opinions with different views, there will be bound to be different egos. Stop exerting YOUR beliefs on others on what or how should people behave regarding religion. Just cuz it's Islam doesn't mean they get a free pass. Pssh... just go to an unregulated, unmoderated forum like Facebook or Youtube and spout that nonsense. You will get murdered by international community.

I brought up religion because it is clearly a sensitive topic resulting in many bans and infraction and melee.
Great Post. agree with most of the things you said, specially agree with the part I quoted.
Old December 30, 2017, 11:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Here is the thing I learned from Kindle Publishing lol..

You can have the NEXT BEST IDEA... heck you can even write the Next Big American Novel, but if you don't sell a copy it won't mean jack.

These are things you need to aggressively pursue: 1. whether it be running a forum; 2. whether spreading the message of a newly published book; 3. or even operating Nike.

Heck if Nike is soo great why tf do they spend billions in advertising? Heh... life is not that easy.

1. Aggressively spread the word; don't spam
2. Maintain quality, but hey the old adage of 'qualtiy over quantity' is down the drain.. gone are the days of elitism and hating "jodu modu kodu"... in modern day and era, ENGAGEMENT AND TRAFFIC IS EVERYTHING
3. Aggressively spread the word via Social Media like Twitter, Facebook BC page, Youtube etc. I mean FFS look at ESPNCricinfo, they are giant and they are constantly tweaking and improving... I mean now they got the "member post" as status on Cricinfo FB page
4. Spend money either in advertisement or passionately taking interest in the page you love and dedicate time and CONSCIOUSLY have vision to improve and expand empire

Sure members are to blame. But we speak the truth and we speak critically when we need. Last thing you guys need is to shut us down.

It does speak volumes when Admins or Mods take laid back approach and harbor IDGAF mentality. IDGAF? What makes you think we members will then?

You really need a plan and vision to expand. Don't just bicker 'oh oh it's FB... they stole our shctick...oh poor quality posts and threads... oh poor quality jodu kodu modu members..."

Please. Stop it. At least own up that you weren't putting time and effot. I know MANY staffs who didn't put a single drop of ink into editing. It was all myself and Nasif and JD (Zunaid) in the past. If you don't like an article then man up and say it. Instead of being pansy and playing the avoidance card. These same staffs wear the badge proudly and come out of their woodwork when there are articles in the q they "like".

Heck, many times when I knew I won't be able to contribute I even pleaded to forfeit my title.

Man up, take responsibility for your actions and to quote that dumbass meathead Jocko Willinck... take EXTREME ownership.

Frankly to reiterate, if you don't care, why should we?

Members can be half-right as well you know. Clearly y'all don't have all the answers. This idea just cuz y'all got degrees and superior seniority complex and rest of us don't know anything is frankly grossly insulting.

And...lol I like the amount of Dunning-Kroger syndrome some prominent senior arm chair members reeks. If you were the ish.. and had all the answers, clearly you wouldn't spend your sorrya-- on internet forum ripping players' lives apart. Of course I am talking about those know-it-all stuck up "authority figure" minded members only.

90% of the members are cool. Heck if it was like back in the days when the elite ran and ruled, I probably wouldn't be back. Guys like Roy1, Shadow, Yankee, Jadz, tonoy, Tigers Eye, akle, Dinraat... makes me wanna come back.

Cut with the elitism sh--. Treat others like the way you like to be treated, and respect others like the way you like to be respected.

We come here for the cricket, and in the process, we get distracted by the other colorful topics being discussed across the forum. It's like the tip of the iceberg. You know that it's there, yet you go full on Titanic towards it.

There is only one thing to do: steer clear of the iceberg. You don't want to be a Jack. Even if you decide to ignore warnings, we can steer you off the collision course. You have to meet us halfway though...we have biryani and warm comforter

DISCLAIMER: when I say 'you', I am referring to the curious eyes viewing this thread and reading this post.
Old December 30, 2017, 11:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Great Post. agree with most of the things you said, specially agree with the part I quoted.

You seriously did not agree with that part ... I expected you to be the last person to agree with this part.

No my point being.. Should we respect other people's faith, religion, culture and traditions and even other as humans no matter his status or rank? ABSOLUTELY!

But not because someone tells us or because it is "right thing to do"... but merely because in the deep inside of our heart of hearts we are really good. Humans are good. We humans have humanity. We are all spiritual beings. And we ALL know.. we KNOW what is right from wrong. Deep in our instincts and intuition and CONSCIENCE we know.. we KNOW right from wrong and that we are supposed to be kind, compassionate and respectful towards others. The moment one monopolizes and tries to govern this niche is when things become a little bit more...rowdy.

By the way, Adnan, personally I appreciate all your recent support. You are very patient and matured. Love your growth and hopefully I will be able to take some of your patience and tolerance and learn from you myself.

Thank you for your service. lol..

I lol cuz of the US military reference. Boy do the soldiers love hearing it!

Old December 31, 2017, 12:01 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:

You seriously did not agree with that part ... I expected you to be the last person to agree with this part.

No my point being.. Should we respect other people's faith, religion, culture and traditions and even other as humans no matter his status or rank? ABSOLUTELY!
well thats surprising to know why you would think I am the last person to agree with the quoted part. anyway surprise or not I agree with that wholeheartedly.

we should respect all religion and no its not anyone's duty to shove down Islam or any religion down anyone's throat. A person also can be atheist in my view, he can believe whatever he wants, its his right.
Old December 31, 2017, 03:16 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

Well, I think for a start mods here and few members need to be more tolerant. There are of-course some very good and tolerant posters like Zeeshan, Mufi, Aklemalp etc but sorry to say most moderators are very intolerant to counter views. Posters get banned here very soon if presented with a contrary view and hence this forum is going down. There is a thread of Dos and Dont Dos and if anyone violate that rule ban him for life but most of the time posters being called a troll and get a ban just for presenting his opinion.

I was banned for 6 months for just saying Ben Stokes has higher ceiling than both Shakib and Jadeja as an all rounder. I was dead serious and was not trolling. Even if you dont agree thats my view but does it justify a ban? Now a seriously good poster Eclipse got banned just because he was pessimistic about Bangladesh cricket. We outsiders think twice to put our point of view here in a fear of getting ban. Most posters don't want to be a yes man (which is never a purpose of any forum) and hence leave.

PP is tough place as well but when you get banned there you do have a match referee room where you can justify yourself and reduce your ban. Also they have so many posters, banning few dont harm them. Its a seriously well managed forum.

ICF is a completely different thing. Unless you absolutely cross all limits of abuse you wont be banned. I have rarely seen anyone gets ban there. There is a BD poster there named Prince_ who trolls there on a regular basis but never gets ban. Infact people loves his troll and most of the time he gets trolled back. But all in good fun.

In 2018, I request BC mods to be bit more liberal. Your cricket team has improved a lot...so posters will anyway flock into this forum.
Old December 31, 2017, 03:27 PM
Cricket Legend

The best thing to do is stay away from BC, if your views are bit extreme/harsh, different, post it on ICF. No point sharing your views/opinion here, as it may lead to a ban. I have been on ICF forum recently, extremely tolerant people.

That's why I tend to post my views which are my thoughts (even though it maybe extreme/ different to the standard norm) on that forum. Zero Chance of getting banned in that forum.