facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old February 8, 2006, 01:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Quote:
Originally posted by al Furqaan
not a fan of kobe...although his game is like a mirror image of MJ. anyone else notice that?
Sorry can't attest to that. MJ was a team player, more of a leader, made others around him better, practice was more important than the real game itself to him, all about striving to win championships. If he had a player half of Shaq in his team he wouldn't let him go at any cost.

Kobe on the other hand can't share the spot light with anyone else. Got Shaq out of LA. Now has problem with Odom. Last night he scored 81 in 4 quarters against Toronto. Ball Hog. Demands the ball everytime they go down the quort. Some of the points he scored when the game was practically over, unnecessary!! Show off. Only two assist??

Anyways more power to Kobe. Cause this way he can only keep his wife happy and can only watch the championship games from his couch. Shaping up to be just like his dad.
cats_eye bhai,

i was speaking more in terms of a biomechanical, aesthetic manner.

when you watch kobe drain a jumper, look over at the defender or scorers table, while trotting backwards on D, it looks straight up like MJ.

MJ used to do the same thing. kobe is copy-catting him. he wishes to dominate the game like MJ.

but yes, he is not a team player and doesn't make his teamates better (just more angry at him).

but more than any other player, he physically resembles mike. his shooting form, his drives, the way he arches his back when facing away from the basket. that was all vintage Jordan.

Old February 9, 2006, 01:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by al Furqaan
when you watch kobe drain a jumper, look over at the defender or scorers table, while trotting backwards on D, it looks straight up like MJ.

MJ used to do the same thing. kobe is copy-catting him. he wishes to dominate the game like MJ...

but more than any other player, he physically resembles mike. his shooting form, his drives, the way he arches his back when facing away from the basket. that was all vintage Jordan.
Yes Sir,
He tries to Copy MJ no doubt. Even his the tongue wagging is compared to MJ tongue streches during dunks.

The Next MJ:
There won't be a next MJ. but the closest anyone get to or in line is Kobe. Even MJ singled out him and Carter (N carolina connection) but said Kobe is a better defender on the ball.

The most dominating player right now has to be Shaq, Amare Stoudemire is not far from him. Then there are the rest.

The most exciting players are Steve Nash (may get the MVP this year too) and Jason Kidd.

Players challenging Kobe for offensive performance: AI, King James, T mac and Wade.

Complete player Must be KG, "Mr. can do it all".

Complete teams East Detroit, West Dallas.
Old February 9, 2006, 08:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Rumor Has it that Thomas is going to trade Channing Frye. If that happens then ....
Old February 10, 2006, 01:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Calling upon Mavs and Faceoff.

13-0 winning streak. Finally half a game above Spurs. four of the next five is at home. then at Memphis, Toronto, Phoenix and Spurs.

4 detroit players sits in All star bench. wow!!

West All star forwards:
Duncan Starter.
Then Dirk,
KG,
Elton,
Gasol. Who do you play?

The general will have hard time accomodating people some playing time. (Avery Johnson) The other reserves are Ray Allen, Shawn Marion and Tony Parker.

West line up
Yao, T Duncan, T Mac, Kobe and Nash. I hope Nash don't pass it to Kobe.

East line up
Shaquille O'Neal, Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Jermaine O'Neal, Allen Iverson. Bench pistons 4 players, Chauncey Billups, Richard Hamilton, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace and Chris Bosh, Paul Pierce and Vince Carter.

In Paper west is just too good. However, I am sure Saunders will put all of his guys together and they play team game so anything can happen.
Old February 10, 2006, 03:57 PM
Test Cricketer

I am trying not to get too excited and hope our team does the same. Keep on improving on the defensive end and we should go the all the way inshallah.

GO MAVERICKS !!
Old February 11, 2006, 11:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Any Pistons fans in here?
Old February 12, 2006, 04:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

Mavericks Fan For Life!!

GO MAVS!
Old March 1, 2006, 10:40 AM
Cricket Savant

All star weekend is over. 5 teams have seperated themselves from the rest of the pack.

Detroit (east)
Dallas (west)
San Antonio (west)
Phoenix (west - surprising without their best post player)
Miami (east)

Pretenders: Cleveland (east)
New Jersey (east)
Clippers (west - wow! never would have thought that I would say something like this for the clippers)

Dissapointed: Minnesota, Houston, Golden States, Chicago and somewhat Washington.

Very Happy: LA Lakers in the 8 position. All we need is some to knock them further down.
Old March 7, 2006, 10:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Well all the early season talk of detroit bettering Bulls 72 wins has died down quickly. The fact of the matter is San Antonio is only one game off and Dallas only two off Detroit. I think Detroit just got bored and now there are two teams who are at their heals and they cannot shake them off. Miami 10 - 0 run is still not a treat to Detroit's supremacy in the East. Phoenix is surprizing playing beyond everyone's expectation. Still 5/6 games behind Spurs and Mavs.

Kobe is still lighting up the scoreboard but LA remains in 8 place. The slow start of Sacremanto (9) and Houston (10) is hurting their playoff chances. T Mac is injured again. 76's have gained ground on the nets. Only two games back behind the divisional leaders.
Old March 31, 2006, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Pistons will turn it up couple of notches in the playoffs and leave others in the dust.

Take it to the bank.
Old March 31, 2006, 12:48 PM
Cricket Savant

What's the name of the bank? I need to cash the checks right away. Other banks may delay. Piston team is an all-star team. However this is Flip Sanders 1st year with these group of players. Pops (San Antonio) have a big advantage on him in coaching in the NBA finals. We'll see.
Old March 31, 2006, 06:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

Yea..... it should be interesting. Nets are playing some good basketball lately. But at the end may not be enough to beat the pistons. Their starting lineup has been playing together for way too long .... no wonder why they keep getting better. But what the hell happened to the Knicks!!!!! If you look at their players, hall fame coach and the money they are spending, you would think they would be a decent team. What a terrible season.... Isiah gotta call it a quit and let someone new take over.
Old April 7, 2006, 04:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Correct 14 in a row now for the nets. jeferson scored 40+ in the last game. wow! three headed mosnter. Jason Kidd, Vince, and Jefferson. Detroit must not overlook them. Miami is still hanging around. Cavs the other team would be the winners of the first round.

Nice matchup coming up, Mavs and Spurs are going for the western homecourt fight, Lakers and Suns.

Four teams from the western division: Spurs, Mavs, Suns and Nuggets are the teams to move on to the second round. Almost playoff time.
Old April 17, 2006, 09:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Alright the 16 teams are in for the playoffs. Bulls and Sacramanto are the two last teams.

East:
Anyways, the interesting observation is in the east, all five teams from the central division has made it to the finals. wow!! May be first time in the history this has occured (with a 14-15 team in a conference). The pathetic part is half of the teams are .500 or below. In any other pro sports NHL, NFL or MLB this would be a joke.

West:
On the contrary Sacto the 8th seed in the west, has a record of .531 with one game remaining. And Utah with a .500 can not make the playoffs. They would have been a 5th seed if they were in the east. Amazing!!

I am banking on, Spurs and Mavs to put a show in the western conference finals. East goes through Detroit. Would love to see Kobe get beaten to pulp. Let the game begin.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; April 17, 2006 at 12:32 PM..
Old April 17, 2006, 11:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Here is my 1st round upset prediction: Suns will loose to Lakers.
Old April 17, 2006, 09:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

shareef abdur-rahim ends his streak of missing the playoffs...several years ago he was one of the top 5 players in terms of games played w/out a play off appearance.

i was a huge fan of his, but now he warms the bench.

i really feel that miami with shaq, wade, and Zo, should be able to take detroit. but i dont know what their seed is.

out west, i like the suns, but san antonio and dallas have the records to beat. but i hate those 2 teams.

i am becoming a kobe fan, if just to see him score 80 again.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 1, 2006, 12:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i really feel that miami with shaq, wade, and Zo, should be able to take detroit. but i dont know what their seed is.
OOOps!! Chicago just tied the series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
out west, i like the suns, but san antonio and dallas have the records to beat. but i hate those 2 teams.

i am becoming a kobe fan, if just to see him score 80 again.
Well you are getting your wish fulfilled. Kobe is leading the lakers to 3-1 series over the Suns. I guess he is taking it personally because of the MVP award went to Nash and not him.

Sacto is giving all that San Antonio can handle. Who knows Avery Johnson may turn out to be the Man. Go Dallas.

Detroit from the east is a lock.
Old May 5, 2006, 10:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Detroit, Miami, and nets advanced to the second round. Mavs and Clips are there already. Spurs and suns still have some unfinished business. Kobe's 50 meaned nothing as they were blown away in the OT by the suns. Game 7 Sat at phoenix. Few stats:
Lakers never lost a series leading 3-1. Phil never lost a series while leading. Phil has won the highest # of playoff games as a head coach in the history of the NBA. Phoenix never won a series after going down 3-1. So who is it going to be in game 7?
I'd say .... (better not predict...)
Old May 9, 2006, 12:22 PM
Cricket Savant

There is always a first. lakers lost a series after leading 3-1. Phil lost a series while leading, Phoenix won a series for the first time coming from 1-3 down.

This phoenix team would have been the best team in NBA if Amare played this season. Even over Detroit. They have the deepest bench even after losing starters as Joe Johnson, Q Richardson. Dallas missed a golden opportunity on Spurs. We'll see how they do in the next one.

Detroit is too good.
Old May 10, 2006, 04:52 PM
Cricket Savant

The next one went fine. Spurs lost to Dallas 113-91. The series is tied at 1-1. Detroit took care of the king and co. However, this time the king gave them a 4th quarter scare. Detriot vs Cavs 2-0.
Miami is finding difficult to control carter. Nash showing his skills to the clippers. The clipps had 59% field goal percentage yet lost by mile. lol.
Old May 14, 2006, 08:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
This phoenix team would have been the best team in NBA if Amare played this season. Even over Detroit. They have the deepest bench even after losing starters as Joe Johnson, Q Richardson. Dallas missed a golden opportunity on Spurs. We'll see how they do in the next one.
Not really. The Suns are a good team, maybe even an above-average team, but no way in hell would they have been the best team in the league, with or without Amare. They are definitely fun to watch, and I like their style of play, but the Spurs are head and shoulders above any other team in the league.

Even with Duncan playing on one leg, they can beat any team in the league. They have a great starting five that plays both offense and defense, they have Duncan who can spread out the floor, they have great shooters, they have slashers like Manu and Parker who can create open lookers for the jump shooters. They have Mr. Clutch - HORRY. They have Slick van exel and Finley (a Mavs starter) coming off the bench. They have Mr. defense himself - Bruce Bowen. However way you look at it, the Spurs are the best team in the league. They defend, they have a disciplined offense, they have slashers, they can play on the inside, they have good shooters, they have great on-the-ball defenders and great team defenders. They have depth, which is great for the regular season, and they have a great core, which is crucial for the postseason. I don't like watching them that much any more since they aren't fun to watch, but they are the champions, and until somebody takes the title from them, the Spurs are IT!

The Suns aren't that deep. If you want depth, look at the Mavs. The Suns are not even two deep in every position. The Mavs, under Cuban's ownership, have consistently had depth every year. The Phoenix Suns don't have anything even closely resembling that depth.
Old May 16, 2006, 03:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Mavs up 3-1 against the Spurs.

What a game last night !!! It was unbelievable. I almost had an heart-attack.
Old May 16, 2006, 03:33 PM
Cricket Savant

I watched a little bit in the first quarter and before the end of the half. mavs were down by 1. So thought Mavs would pull out this one comfortably.

I had a detailed response (a huge one) on Dhurr's post. Unfortunately the reply didn't get posted. I put a complaint in suggest forum.

Log story short. Phoenix has a deep and better bench than anyone once Amare comes back. Amare is the best player in both end of the floor after shaq (pre-injury). he brings the defensive presence that the suns need in the playoffs. Ask Dallas what happened last year. I can show you the scars its deep. Diaw, barbosa is enough to handle anyone of the bench. I am not even mentioning Tim Tomas.

Take the bset player out the line up for any team and ask them to win 55 games in a season. I don't think anyone can do it. Piston may have a shot at it but others no way.

Spurs:
Horry my man, I have been watching him from his Alabama days and houston days. he was the man to replace Scottie Pippen in NBA. His lack of commitment in the regular season was the down fall. Have you seen his nasty ferocious dunks. This 3 point shooter horry is not the real horry. Old and fading fast.
Bowen the dirty player shouldn't be allowed to play NBA. he and stockton are the two players I have no love for.
Parker needs to go back to Europe and understand what Traveling means. if stricked NBA rules have been enforced SA would have turnovers everytime Parker dribbled the ball.
TD and Manu are class.
Finley, he would be in Dallas bench as well if he played their this season. His days of guarding Michael (the real one) is long over.
Pop, he will learn a few things from the hungrier mentor, the general, once he coached. Thats my spurs story.

Go Mavs.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; May 16, 2006 at 04:33 PM..
Old May 16, 2006, 03:46 PM
Cricket Savant

By the way, Horry shot some important shots for Houston and LA and he has a big heart. But others like Mad Max, kenny smith, Derek Fisher, also did the same for the teams he played. But the Mr. Clutch is reserved for Jerry West. The NBA logo has him dribbling the ball. Yes, that is the real Mr. Clutch.
read his bio.
http://www.hoophall.com/halloffamers/West.htm

Then there is the rest of them
Bird
Michael as clutch players.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; May 16, 2006 at 03:54 PM..
Old May 16, 2006, 03:48 PM
Test Cricketer

It was the best 4th quarter in this years playoff. Both teams were swinging at each other with all they got. You missed a great one bro !!!