facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old January 25, 2012, 04:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
What's wrong with Mannings then? At least they aren't buncha queen bees. I can't stand Brady or the Pats.
There's nothing wrong with mannings. I just don't like em. I lived in New England area since I moved to America. I started watching football with my brother and uncle, they support Pats so naturally I started supporting pats as well. I can't be a pats fan and like manning. As for Eli, he plays for NY team. I don't like NY teams. My cousin is from NY so we are always on the opposite side.

Old January 26, 2012, 12:42 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Oh. I didn't know you lived there. I thought you were just a neutral fan, in love with Brady

Well I guess it'd have been nice if the 9ers were in Indy right now.
Old January 26, 2012, 12:54 AM
Cricket Savant

mayaloki khela arki

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 26, 2012, 01:22 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

lol why do you are always here pretending you don't watch NFL.
Old January 26, 2012, 01:37 AM
Cricket Savant

ki dillu tight pant pora pleyar dekte khoub moja lage naaa? khoub?

Old January 26, 2012, 02:18 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'm glad you at least know the rules.
Old January 30, 2012, 02:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
In the first line I was talking about 49ers. From what I remember they went 6-10 last season.
Ok ... that makes sense. thanks for clarification. Yes 49er was indeed the most improved team this yeat. Too bad they lost a winnable game.

As for Superball, I am hoping for another miracle season ending for Giants. Win or lose, they already exceeded fan's expectation.
Old January 30, 2012, 04:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Giants. Hope they win again.
Old February 1, 2012, 02:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Dilscoop (or someone)

Open an official superbowl thread like match thread. It'd be fun to have a gathering here.

Go Daddy!

Old February 1, 2012, 02:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Tom Brady to draw level with Joe Montana - say it ain't so
Old February 1, 2012, 02:25 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ HELL NO! More reasons for me to be upset about the Niners not being there this year. Our defense would've shown his true colors. Their O-line is the weakest.

But http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...a_&_Brady.html o.O

I hope Giants can strike! Oh please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Dilscoop (or someone)

Open an official superbowl thread like match thread. It'd be fun to have a gathering here.

Go Daddy!
In the whole season we barely crossed 2 pages...
Old February 1, 2012, 02:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Tom Brady to draw level with Joe Montana - say it ain't so
Montana went to 4 superbowls won them all, won 3 MVPs (only player to do so), with Jerry Rice getting one. Never lost a superbowl like you know who. Has 31 NFL 4th quarter comeback victories. That is what makes him the best of all time. Joe Cool, there is a reason for that. Taklu Pitt QB Terry Bradshaw was 4-0 in suprebowl. Roger Staubach, Aikman are 3-0.
Old February 1, 2012, 02:41 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

+ Joe is better looking.
Old February 3, 2012, 10:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Maybe because it's the Super Bowl, and the New England Patriots are back for the fifth time in 10 years, that I called Doug Blevins.

Doug can't walk. Cerebral Palsy took that away, so he rides everywhere in a motorized wheelchair. But if it wasn't for Doug, Adam Vinatieri wouldn’t exist -- at least the Adam Vinatieri we know. And without Vinatieri, there might not be the kick in the snow against the Raiders or the kick against the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI.

And then maybe a decade of Patriots dominance never happens. Which might make Doug the most essential person you've never heard of in the New England dynasty.He is in his new house outside of Ashville, N.C. when I reach him. A sinus problem has turned his Appalachian twang into a syrupy growl. But Patriots Super Bowls always excite him because they bring back memories of the night 10 years ago when he sat in a restaurant watching Vinatieri drive the title-winning field goal through the goal posts. Doug wept that night, the tears rolling down his face in the middle of the restaurant. A waiter rushed over to see if something was wrong. Doug’s ex-wife had to explain that no, everything was actually right, because you see this was the man who coached Adam Vinateri and ...

"The guy just thought I was crazy and walked away," Doug says, laughing.

But how could Doug have explained everything right then? How could he have told the waiter how he loved football growing up in the Virginia mountains and how he longed so much to be a part of the game that he studied kickers and punters thinking there was a place in football for a man who understood them? He could have talked about the letters he wrote to every coach in the NFL, begging for advice on coaching special teams and how the only one to reply was the Cowboys' Tom Landry, who sent over piles of books and plays and notes from his coaches. He could also have told how he eventually took those books and studied them, learning everything about men who did something he never could -- kick a ball. And how he turned that into a coaching career, eventually finding work with the New England Patriots and New York Jets and Miami Dolphins as a kicking advisor.

But who would believe that?

Nor could he have explained the story of how Vinatieri found no NFL offers upon leaving South Dakota State and -- desperate for any help -- he sent Blevins videos of his kicking. For days Doug didn’t even look at the tape; he was too busy. But Vinatieri kept calling, pestering Doug, until finally he put the tape in his VCR and he knew immediately he was seeing a man with potential. If only he wouldn't swing open his hips on kickoffs and rotate them left on field goals. Blevins invited Vinatieri to come to his home in Abingdon, Va., where they could work on his form. Would the waiter have believed Vinatieri slept in the cab of his pickup truck that first night in Abingdon? Would he have understood they spent a year in that town, working out every day on local high school fields until Vinatieri finally got his form right? And what would that waiter say if he knew they ended every session with a 48-yard kick to win the Super Bowl?

So yes, that's why Doug was crying that night. Not just because it was Vinatieri, or because it was the Super Bowl, but because the spot on the field was exactly 48 yards away. And what do you say about destiny?

"You know when you really get right down to it that kick really launched my career," Doug says into the phone. "I'm still benefitting from that one play."

I came across Doug two years after the field goal against the Rams. He told me the story he never could have told the waiter in the restaurant. It was right before the next Patriots Super Bowl, the one in which they beat the Carolina Panthers. Vinatieri won the game again with a field goal. Not long after came a flood of attention: stories in newspapers; a segment on HBO’s Real Sports. And soon parents with kids who wanted to be kickers started calling. Suddenly they were driving up the road to Abingdon to meet the man in the wheelchair who made Adam Vinatieri great.

He opened a kicking business. He ran camps. He became a motivational speaker, flying around the country to talk to people about how a man in a wheelchair could help win a Super Bowl.

He called his speech: "The American Dream Endures." "It's been an interesting ride, an interesting 10 years," he says. Recently he moved to North Carolina, thinking it would be easier for his clients to get to Ashville than Abingdon. He lives with his girlfriend, Brenda Morgan, who is from New Hampshire and just so happens to be a Patriots fan. And yes, she was watching that night 10 years ago when Adam Vinatieri beat the Rams, never imagining the story behind the kick.

Doug still talks to Vinatieri, who ironically plays here in Indianapolis on the very field where the Patriots will try to win another Super Bowl. Funny how life works this way. "That kick brought brought me so much attention," Doug says. "It brought credibility to everything I did." And yes, he says, he will be watching on Sunday. And he might cry again. After all, it's the Super Bowl, and the memories are all still too fresh of the night Adam Vinatieri made Doug Blevins dreams come true.
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/good...r-bowl-dynasty
Old February 4, 2012, 12:53 AM
Cricket Savant

I HATE football, yet I am hyped up for Superbowl. Weird.

Old February 4, 2012, 01:24 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

So you are a Madonna fan.

I love football, but this is the least hyped I've ever been for a SB.
Old February 4, 2012, 10:19 AM
Cricket Sage

^ True that. I read somewhere people are going, oh that guy Baltimore guy got paid off so he'd miss the field goal. Pats Vs. Giants rematch does sound a lot better than Baltimore vs. Giants.
Old February 4, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Pats v Packers/Saints would've been good, all offense.

But for me, nothing would make it better other than Kyle Williams not fumbling those...
Old February 5, 2012, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Cut out the fluff and go straight for the commercials.
Old February 5, 2012, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Manning over Brady. The Patriot 'dynasty' ends today.
Old February 5, 2012, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Called it.
Old February 5, 2012, 10:32 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Tom Brady was crying on the sideline. Muahhhhhhhhh
Old February 5, 2012, 10:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

F U Tom and Bill....

Eli with more rings than his bro...hahahahahah.

Hate the Pats so much, despite being a Skins fan, I was rooting for the Giants.
Old February 5, 2012, 10:37 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Somewhere in San Fran Joe Montana is giggling. Undefeated in the Superbowl with no interceptions. The Brady comparison is now OVER.
Old February 5, 2012, 10:42 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Not only did Brady lose his 2nd SB to the Giants, he had to run back to Peyton's locker room- his other rival. You got a hot wife, a good career, couple of SB rings, yet life is not fair. bitch.