facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 25, 2017, 08:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
It's the same in the States. All my desi family friends are Democrats, even though that's the party pro LGBT, secular party. My theory is that in the west, we are minorities. So we champion other minority's rights like the right for gays to marry. Because the same people fighting for their rights will also fight for a Muslim to practice their religion. But back in Bangladesh, the same people are not minorities but make up the majority of the society, and so want a society that suit their belief best. It is hypocritical, and in that sense western countries are so much better simply because they are much more inclusive.

Exactly.
As DinRaat wrote
"If the Arabs had the choice between two states, secular and religious, they would vote for the religious and flee to the secular." ~Ali Al-Wardi (Iraqi sociologist)

I would only change "Arab" with "Conservative people of all faith"

Old August 25, 2017, 09:07 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Liberals by definition are open to all kinds of people. Thats why they even let in burqa loving conservatives into their free societies...thinking that the love and respect will be reciprocated by these conservatives in return. This is a recipe for disaster because conservatives by definition are not open to new ideas and once they grow in number and power they will either force you to conform to their ways or force you to flee the country.
Old August 25, 2017, 09:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

In one sentence:

I don't have any problem if a woman wants to wear a Burqa/Niqab for whatever reason unless she is oppressed to do so by someone else.
Old August 26, 2017, 03:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Interesting Hansen said the same about liberal governments and 2nd that when the Muslim conservatives get in its my way or the highway.
BUT i don't think it will happen in Australia,more Chinese and Indian immigrants than Islamic 1's.
The Islamic groups have now showed their hand on the same sex debate.
But as usual the christians are the 1's being called bigots for supporting the No case.
Its interesting that Muslims align themselves with left wing groups,feminists are silent in this debate.
Interestingly a poll recently had Australians majority banning the burqua.