facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 22, 2011, 11:11 PM
Banned

Cool Novel Approaches to Beat India

Bismillahirahmanirohim

Please forgive me in advance for opening a thread as my first post.

I have seen many things in Bangladesh cricket. I noticed our players are often very sensitive. They are emotional and get to offended easily. Just look at that picture of Mashrafe crying.

Laxman says before 2007 WC that India will not have anytime between the WC finals and the Bangladesh series. BD response: they kick India out of the WC

Sehwag calls Bangladesh ordinary. BD response: we give them a very tough test and made them work for the win.

I think this time to win against the Indian team, Shakib should either (1) talk very arrogantly about India around other players and giving others around him confidence. The strength of the group is the strength of the leaders.(2) pull off an emotional stunt, cry and crap like that...maybe that will make everyone feel guilty and work hard to help their captain. (idk if this will work) Maybe the coach can do the crying and the Shakib will be the confident one leading the tigers to victory to bring joy to the coach and the people.

Second option is, a random BD journalist should make something up and say that the Indian players said XYZ to our players. This would spread quickly to major news outlets and make our players angry and will make them want to seek revenge on Feb. 19.
I think this is very possible to do with some smart thinking and planning. American news outlets to this type of thing all the time

Sometimes special measures have to be taken for our players to perform.

Last edited by nwo_rebel; January 22, 2011 at 11:20 PM..

Old January 22, 2011, 11:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Welcome to BC bhai.

The only way we can is by performing on the field thats it. It doesn't matter what I do or you do or the entire BC does. The only thing that will matter are those 11 players who will be playing in Mirpur. They will be reprsenting their country in the world cup in front of the home crowd. If that doesn't fire them up enough to give 150% than nothing else will.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old January 22, 2011, 11:23 PM

So you suggest doing A-Z things only to win a mere match against India!? Why is that game so important? Welcome to BC.
Old January 22, 2011, 11:29 PM
Banned

Old January 22, 2011, 11:40 PM
Banned

Mods, please delete my thread.

Regards
Old January 23, 2011, 12:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Welcome to BC bhai.

The only way we can is by performing on the field thats it. It doesn't matter what I do or you do or the entire BC does. The only thing that will matter are those 11 players who will be playing in Mirpur. They will be reprsenting their country in the world cup in front of the home crowd. If that doesn't fire them up enough to give 150% than nothing else will.

Well said matey! Don't know about our boys. But you certainly seem fired up today.
Old January 23, 2011, 12:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Welcome to BC bhai.

I couldn't agree with you more but the sad reality is that our players aren't like that. They are mentally weak and have a low self esteem no matter how they might try to portray themselves. Except Sakib and Tamim ofcourse
Old January 23, 2011, 12:35 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwo_rebel
I couldn't agree with you more but the sad reality is that our players aren't like that. They are mentally weak and have a low self esteem no matter how they might try to portray themselves. Except Sakib and Tamim ofcourse
The current generation of players do not fall into that category anymore... We whitewashed NZ and in the recent past We have won some really tight matches which shows our mental toughness... most notable one being against England in England...
besides we have a fearless captain in Shakib now... he is nothing like the ultra defensive Bashar... he will bring some guts and fire into our squad...
Old January 23, 2011, 12:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
The current generation of players do not fall into that category anymore... We whitewashed NZ and in the recent past We have won some really tight matches which shows our mental toughness... most notable one being against England in England...
besides we have a fearless captain in Shakib now... he is nothing like the ultra defensive Bashar... he will bring some guts and fire into our squad...
Did you forget Junaid's comment. He said something like "I keep watching that video in which I scored an 80+ score. It makes me feel better and I am hoping it will motivate me enough to play this series."(something along those lines) correct me if i am wrong fellow BC'ers. I think he said this before the NZ series.
Old January 23, 2011, 01:18 AM
Cricket Savant

My dear nwo_rebel,

How much exactly do you know about the players thinking that they don't have self confidence? I don't mean to belittle your knowledge....but can you name the bowler who got three batsman out in one over in Domestic League?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 23, 2011, 01:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
My dear nwo_rebel,

How much exactly do you know about the players thinking that they don't have self confidence? I don't mean to belittle your knowledge....but can you name the bowler who got three batsman out in one over in Domestic League?
I am sorry. I do not know. Can you tell me how Tamim and Shakib scored in every test match they played and who they got out to. We both have our differences and that includes our personal opinion. However, I do want to correct the part where I stated that they have"low self esteem," though they are mentally weak.
Old January 23, 2011, 02:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
I am sorry. I do not know. Can you tell me how Tamim and Shakib scored in every test match they played and who they got out to. We both have our differences and that includes our personal opinion. However, I do want to correct the part where I stated that they have"low self esteem," though they are mentally weak.
Abul Hasan. My point simply was: There are many newcomers like him esp. the ones in the squad like Rubel, Shafiul, Shuvo - who made tremendous stride in recent months. As Jadukor said, they are not the same ones as in Bashar's era.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=170325

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 23, 2011, 02:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Need strong performance on field

Old January 23, 2011, 07:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Niccolo Machiavelli

'Novel' is a literature term as far as I am concerned. How does it have anything to do with cricket ?
Old January 23, 2011, 08:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

since the NZ series the plyers hv become mentally stronger,I won't question our mental strength,
but home crowd,the expectation will creat a lot of pressure.
Old January 23, 2011, 08:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Then they do not deserve to win. It doesn't matter what the fans want/desire/pray.

Lying/deception can only lead you to downfall (with exception of course). We want our team to win in the right way. Desperate we are but not that desperate.
Old January 23, 2011, 09:33 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

wc to BC. like your conspircy theory!!!.......no worries....we already have sent masud rana to india to do some spygiri.
Old January 23, 2011, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

tamim zaheer khaner chehara deklei mair shuru korbe,dont worry!
Old January 23, 2011, 11:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Do we need any pepe talking to motivate the players for winning world cup matches?

They should all study the indian bowlers and batters so much that they know them better than their GFs, to play them with ease and exploit their weaknesses to maximum. If they can do that, they will win in the most noble way.
Old January 23, 2011, 02:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Welcome to BC mate.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 23, 2011, 03:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

nwo-rebel bhai does have some points there. I think by 'novel' he means a new idea, a sort of very fresh, unique idea, approach.
Old January 23, 2011, 08:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
nwo-rebel bhai does have some points there. I think by 'novel' he means a new idea, a sort of very fresh, unique idea, approach.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant by novel.

To all, yes I am a conspiracy theorist. Hence, my name nwo_rebel.
Old January 23, 2011, 09:04 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what I meant by novel.

To all, yes I am a conspiracy theorist. Hence, my name nwo_rebel.
got it now. nwo-new world order. just watch the youtube clip in my signature. if you are a conspiracy theorist then i'm here to unveil you
Old January 23, 2011, 09:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru-party
got it now. nwo-new world order. just watch the youtube clip in my signature. if you are a conspiracy theorist then i'm here to unveil you
yes, I am. I was looking forward to spreading my ideas and thoughts in the "Forget Cricket Section" soon, and see what people thinks of them. Is this the age of Dajjal?