facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 25, 2014, 02:18 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Default Are we in denial?

Salaam everyone i know we been requested to not open random threads but please excuse me for this thread.. as a passionate bd fan like the rest of you guys bangladesh cricket is really getting to me due to the fact they seem to play to same way over and over again.. some of you fans on this forum are the reason why i still never give up on this team and i want to thank you for that i know there are loads of you that take holidays and wake up stupid hours and go to work without any sleep because of the love you have for this team and seeing that makes me feel so much better because i know you guys are always there and that makes no bd fan feel he is in this alone thank you.. but my point is are we actually in denial is the team overrated and they just play with no spine simply because they cant be bothered or are they just not good enough? Losing is one thing but if you play with no pride and give up than that is wrong and the team is very nasty for that but if they are simply not good enough than sure us fans have to accept that so we dont feel this way time and time again.. finally i agree with all of you mushfiqur does seem very sly and i dont think it is possible to be this stupid no way should he have rotated his bowlers the way he did today.. there is only two leaders for this team one is a true tiger but he is always injured thats mashrafee and so it makes perfect sense for the board to give the armband to other leader that is shakib al hasan

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

Old March 25, 2014, 02:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Going to repeat what someone had already said earlier, "too much oil in that biryani today." Tamim definitely obviously probably washed his hands this time so he was able to take those catches, but Riyad and everyone else definitely wiped their hands on a newspaper before coming to the field.

Oily hands = drop catches.
Oily food = retarded-ness, as demonstrated by Mushfiqur's captaincy.
Birthday cake = getting a golden duck, as demonstrated by Shakib and Tamim.

So I want to recommend everyone to start eating bananas. No more biryani, no more shingara!
Eat a banana before coming to play.
You know what they say,
a banana a day keeps the embarrassment away.
Old March 25, 2014, 02:46 PM
Test Cricketer

"Definitely we take away a lot of positives from this match".
Old March 25, 2014, 07:47 PM
Cricket Guru

We know we have a team of players with limited abilities. But they are still good enough to compete with other international teams, at least at home.

The main reason for team's current down trend, I believe, is that the players become complacent too easily. We know Desi players (excluding Lankans) do tend to become too full of themselves too easily. But Indian/Pakistani players still manage to maintain professionalism, don't let their delusions degrade their performances. Unfortunately, that's not the case for our players.
Old March 25, 2014, 10:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Our players tend to over-rate themselves. Sometimes I feel these lads need to realize that they are not world beaters. They don't have to be.

The least we want is them to play to their potential and give their 100%. There is no excuse for struggling against badree, santokie and others...and also having to field the way we did.
Old March 25, 2014, 10:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: MashTamimFiqur al Hasan

this bangladesh cricket team is a disease for us.
Old March 25, 2014, 10:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Denial is a stage when a person does not acknowledge the problem they have. Bangladesh cricket team is actually satisfied with the problem they have thus asking all fans to reduce their expectation and be happy.
Old March 25, 2014, 10:39 PM
Administrator

The sad part is that the sum of parts is better than the whole. Individually, yield think a team grafted together with a collection of players would do better together. Just look at last year.

There's so something dysfunctional here. There's a lack of professionalism, drive, and desire. All of this can only be blamed on leadership or more accurately, lack of it - BCB, coaching, and captaincy.
Old March 26, 2014, 01:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

When a team collectively plays bad then surely there is a problem with team management (coaches, selectors). Just few months ago, these players were playing beautifully and suddenly more than half of the team is out of form ? The way players are playing it seems more than the form which is hurting the team. Many of the players' body language, attitude is questionable. Just look at their effort on the field. There must be something real bad is going on within the team. The coaching staffs look helpless and clueless how to bring changes in the mind set of the players. It's a high time that we look for better coaching staffs before WC 15. Jora tali diye short term benefit paowa geleo, long term e ei rokom baje performance e hobe !
Old March 26, 2014, 02:30 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

SJ should have been a stop gap measure for BCB after Stuart Law. We continued with him because we were getting good results both home and away with SJ in charge. I think within BC, regardless of the performances we always questioned whether individual development of the players were taking place with SJ as a coach. For me this has been my biggest worry of SJ as a coach other than poor planning.

Tamim looks a shadow of his former self in batting, Shakib's batting is good for an all rounder at 6 but not for a top order bat, Nasir forgot the basics, Rubel hasn't improved, Gazi hasn't improved, Razzak is a shadow of his former self, Shafiul actually worsened, Anamul is still not moving his feet. All of this begs the question what has he really done for the team? Previously i thought we at least had a good team environment but all the politics involving Zia buried that good feeling as well.