facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 1, 2011, 04:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

47 ODI loss in a row was the worse period ever before ASHRAFUL helped us with that vs ZIM in Harare

Old April 1, 2011, 05:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
We have another class of "fans" that is even more irksome than fickle ones. I put that word in quote because we have a few here who have only one agenda - that Bangladesh cricket sucks and should not be given Test Status. That is it. That is the only topic they post about. Nothing else. Shows no interest in any other aspect of Bangladesh cricket. In fact, we have 2 or 3 "new' members who seem to be singing from the same song book. One has to wonder. We have real fans who praise and criticize - we have the good and the bad and we live with it.

So what purpose do these others members have?

Remember the tag lines of BC - "Home of the Tiger Fans" / 'Where Tiger Fans Belong".

After a while, the one note songs get really annoying and we all want to turn the channel off.
On the average, BC fans are usually more educated than usual netbirds. Everyone has the ego issue, everyone is blinded by some aspects sometimes; but after staying here for a reasonable amount of time, most (90%+) of them talk 'sense'. Personally I am very satisfied with the fan quality here.

New members should be given some breathing space. If someone has real passion for cricket, he/she will develop into an asset for BC. Dilscoop can be a good example of that. I think, he was banned a few times for his over-enthusiasm and I have different opinions about many aspects of cricket and bangladesh cricket; but I like his active participation.

The key to maintaining respect is to judge the opinion on 'particular aspects' of cricket, not the person. For example, criticizing Shakib or Tamim or supporting the players playing for the ICL should not make a fan a public enemy of Bangladesh or Bangladesh Cricket.
Old April 1, 2011, 09:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

dekhte dekhte chokher shamne amader cricket boro hoye gelo!!!
Old April 1, 2011, 10:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Good post Boss!
Old April 1, 2011, 12:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

২৫ বছরে বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেট নিঃসন্দেহে অনেকদূর এগিয়েছে। হয়তো যতদূর গেলে আরো বেশী আনন্দদায়ক হত ততটুকু নয়। তারপরেও বর্তমানের প্রেক্ষাপটে দাঁড়িয়ে আমরা অনাগত উজ্জ্বল ভবিষ্যতের ছবি আকতেই পারি।

আমরা গ্যালারীতে হায়দ্রাবাদ ব্লুজ অথবা ভারত, পাকিস্তান, শ্রীলংকা এ দলগুলোর বিরুদ্ধে খেলা দেখা সময়কার দর্শক। আমরা বাঁ হাতি পেস বোলার আনিসকে (বর্তমানে আম্পায়ার) দেশ সেরা পেস বোলার হিসেবে দেখা দর্শকের চোখ থেকে বলছি বর্তমানে যে সকল খেলোয়ারেরা আমাদের জাতীয় দলকে প্রতিনিধিত্ব করে এই মানের প্লেয়ার আমাদের তখনকার প্রেক্ষাপটে ছিলো স্বপ্নেরও অধিক। সাকিব-তামিম-শফিউলের মতো খেলোয়ারেরা আমাদের দেশের পতাকার প্রতিনিধিত্ব করবে, প্রতিপক্ষকে দিবে যোগ্য জবাব - এ স্বপ্ন বুকে ধারণ করে দিনের পর দিন বাংলাদেশের পরাজয়ের দিনগুলোয় মনকে সান্তণা দিয়ে গিয়েছি আর ছিটেফোটা যা পারফর্মেন্স আমাদের প্লেয়াররা দেখাতো তাই মাথায় করে নিয়ে গিয়েছি।

আজ যদি ৫৮ এবং ৭৮ এর শবব্যবচ্ছেদের মধ্যে আমাদের ক্রিকেটের সম্ভাবনা লুকায়িত বলে বালখিল্যতায় মেতে উঠি তবে প্রজান্মন্তরে ক্রিকেট ব্যাটন বয়ে চলাকেই শুধু ছোট করা হবে না, তৎকালীন ১ নং জাতীয় স্টেডিয়ামের নিয়মিত রোদে ঝলসানো, দূর্গন্ধময় গ্যালারীতে, নূন্যতম সুযোগ-সুবিধা বঞ্চিত সেই সকল ক্রিকেট পাগল দর্শকগুলোর স্বপ্নগুলোকেও যেন পা দিয়ে মাড়িয়ে দেয়া হবে।

স্বপ্ন যখন দেখতে শিখেছি ... বিজয়ের সেই দিন আসবেই।

বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেট দলকে আন্তরিক শুভকামনা। এগিয়ে চলো টাইগারেরা।
Old April 1, 2011, 01:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Oh yeah... of course ... but the trend is important .. remember we used to lose to Papua New Guinea and Bermuda. Now winning against England or Australia while still an upset is not "The World's Most Amazing Sporting Upset" like it was after our 2005 NatWest win against 2005 in Australia. Before, one heard of 'foreign' experts disparaging us or questioning our Test status or making jokes about 2-day Tests. I don't see them these days - even after the 58 and 78 and in fact those were reported as surprises by the foreign press instead of as a natural state of affairs.

The problem is with our fickle fans who sway like pendulums from one extreme to another. We are either World Champions or we are The World's #1 Losers. The folks don't even deserve to be called fans and need to be flagellated on a regular basis.

What we are is one of the strongest Cricket playing nation in the world. We are after all ranked 9. Yeah, we are not the best and we do not have the player pool to be the best, yet. But we are getting there. Perhaps slower than we would like, but we ARE getting there.

I feel much better these days where I can seriously contemplate a series win against the visiting Aussies without being completely laughed out of the room as opposed to the days we were getting beaten by Malaysia and Denmark. Yes, Denmark. Worse - Bermuda - population 64K. Heck on a good day, a wedding in Dhaka has more people.

I will let the so called fans indulge in their self-flagellation, their woeful wails of abject sorrow and their painful anguish. I, on the other hand, will enjoy my cricket.

Cricket, Bangladesh Cricket.
top post...made me feel a lot better
Old April 2, 2011, 02:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Zunaid, Jadukor and অন্তু bhai summed it up very beautifully
Old April 2, 2011, 02:50 AM
Test Cricketer

I have a saying,
In 25 yrs of ODI history, everybody is talking about winning / loosing, performance of BD team, but nobody is talking about the progress total bd cricket. Yes, total BD cricket. In this history time, how many years we have to spend to have a stadium for cricket only, in this whole dhaka city ? How many infrastructure we have build to give our players ? Still the indoor of Dhanmondi stadium is not properly usable. Still there is not enough practise ground, not even in whole dhaka, let alone in whole BD. How many first class cricket tournament we have ? only One. Players will not come from the blue, we have to provide proper facility for our upcoming cricketers in the grass root level ?
Old April 2, 2011, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
২৫ বছরে বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেট নিঃসন্দেহে অনেকদূর এগিয়েছে। হয়তো যতদূর গেলে আরো বেশী আনন্দদায়ক হত ততটুকু নয়। তারপরেও বর্তমানের প্রেক্ষাপটে দাঁড়িয়ে আমরা অনাগত উজ্জ্বল ভবিষ্যতের ছবি আকতেই পারি।

আমরা গ্যালারীতে হায়দ্রাবাদ ব্লুজ অথবা ভারত, পাকিস্তান, শ্রীলংকা এ দলগুলোর বিরুদ্ধে খেলা দেখা সময়কার দর্শক। আমরা বাঁ হাতি পেস বোলার আনিসকে (বর্তমানে আম্পায়ার) দেশ সেরা পেস বোলার হিসেবে দেখা দর্শকের চোখ থেকে বলছি বর্তমানে যে সকল খেলোয়ারেরা আমাদের জাতীয় দলকে প্রতিনিধিত্ব করে এই মানের প্লেয়ার আমাদের তখনকার প্রেক্ষাপটে ছিলো স্বপ্নেরও অধিক। সাকিব-তামিম-শফিউলের মতো খেলোয়ারেরা আমাদের দেশের পতাকার প্রতিনিধিত্ব করবে, প্রতিপক্ষকে দিবে যোগ্য জবাব - এ স্বপ্ন বুকে ধারণ করে দিনের পর দিন বাংলাদেশের পরাজয়ের দিনগুলোয় মনকে সান্তণা দিয়ে গিয়েছি আর ছিটেফোটা যা পারফর্মেন্স আমাদের প্লেয়াররা দেখাতো তাই মাথায় করে নিয়ে গিয়েছি।

আজ যদি ৫৮ এবং ৭৮ এর শবব্যবচ্ছেদের মধ্যে আমাদের ক্রিকেটের সম্ভাবনা লুকায়িত বলে বালখিল্যতায় মেতে উঠি তবে প্রজান্মন্তরে ক্রিকেট ব্যাটন বয়ে চলাকেই শুধু ছোট করা হবে না, তৎকালীন ১ নং জাতীয় স্টেডিয়ামের নিয়মিত রোদে ঝলসানো, দূর্গন্ধময় গ্যালারীতে, নূন্যতম সুযোগ-সুবিধা বঞ্চিত সেই সকল ক্রিকেট পাগল দর্শকগুলোর স্বপ্নগুলোকেও যেন পা দিয়ে মাড়িয়ে দেয়া হবে।

স্বপ্ন যখন দেখতে শিখেছি ... বিজয়ের সেই দিন আসবেই।

বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেট দলকে আন্তরিক শুভকামনা। এগিয়ে চলো টাইগারেরা।
Auntu, jobbor avatar lagiyechhen bhai!!!
Old April 4, 2011, 05:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
auntu, jobbor avatar lagiyechhen bhai!!!
কি যে বলেন গুরু আমরা কীটস্য-কীট...