facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 7, 2013, 03:42 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: MJ

Sorry, but I got a lot of crap from family too cause i didn't want to eat at their houses for all meals. Had a lot of invites i turned down, cause the only thing I liked of their cooking was Ilish. And everthing else was too hot or too oily

Old November 7, 2013, 04:00 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: MJ

My final list of food review - best aloo vortha was on the launch from Barisal to Dhaka, every other place doesn't mach it enough. The fishes and vortas on the launch was better then any of the local hotels I ate at. Also if you order fried fish it will be rock hard, go for the curried fish instead. I had lots of different fishes from Kuakata, Barisal, and Cox's Bazar but can't name them, only 1 I recognize is Ilish. Had chicken biriani at the Tropical Daisy hotel and the chicken was raw in the middle, resulting in my mother having a fit and arguing with management. Had beef biriani at Cox's Bazar and was pretty good, but didn't get to go to any of the good biriani places in Dhaka cause lack of time. The last restaurant I went to was Shing Heong on Banani 11, was good and tasted more authentic, but the price was twice what other bangla chinese restaurants charge. But it was cool and we got a private room which was nice. Then on the way back to Chicago we had a layover in Dubai and went to a kabab house and ordered a platter which had 5 kinds of kabab. We sat there and stuffed ourselves for 2 hours.
Old November 8, 2013, 08:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
Sorry, but I got a lot of crap from family too cause i didn't want to eat at their houses for all meals. Had a lot of invites i turned down, cause the only thing I liked of their cooking was Ilish. And everthing else was too hot or too oily
I am with you on that one....I dont like going for dawats because its a waste of time IMO. But I have different reasons.

I would rather stay at home with and spend quality time with my own family. My intention of going to Bangladesh is see my family.
Old November 13, 2013, 04:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Anybody know of any places in dhanmondi that serve Nehari early in the morning???
Old November 13, 2013, 05:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Asif bhaia...asif bhaia!sd khabo lsd kine deu!!! ekkhonni!!!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 13, 2013, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Like the same way they can't cook rice and fish like us.
Or biryani, or kabab. Frankly, I think Bangladesh makes the best biryani and kababs in the world. The Indians, Pakistanis, Afghans (kababs), Persians (kababs), Africans (kababs) make good stuff, but I've never had kababs or biryanis as good as what you get in Bangladesh. I mean a Bombay Biryani or an Indian Chapli kabab comes nowhere close to a Fakhruddin, a Haji (back in the times when he was in form) or a shikh kabab from any mamur dokan.

We also make the best beef curry. No wonder Tamim's body type is "tens of extra pounds".
Old November 13, 2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Or biryani, or kabab. Frankly, I think Bangladesh makes the best biryani and kababs in the world. The Indians, Pakistanis, Afghans (kababs), Persians (kababs), Africans (kababs) make good stuff, but I've never had kababs or biryanis as good as what you get in Bangladesh. I mean a Bombay Biryani or an Indian Chapli kabab comes nowhere close to a Fakhruddin, a Haji (back in the times when he was in form) or a shikh kabab from any mamur dokan.

We also make the best beef curry. No wonder Tamim's body type is "tens of extra pounds".
+ 1,000

I have the opportunity to taste many different state's of Indian cuisine, while many items are delicious, but kabab and biryani aren't even close to our once!
Old November 15, 2013, 10:08 AM
MLC World Series I

I would have to disagree. I rate Pakistani and Indian Biryani higher over ours!

The new restaurant - "Kebab Zone" in Banani 11, is quite good.
Old November 15, 2013, 12:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Agree with Maysun. I'd have to give biryani to the Pakistanis. But wholeheartedly agree that we own everyone else when it comes to fish and jhaal beef curry.
Old November 15, 2013, 06:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Anybody know of any places in dhanmondi that serve Nehari early in the morning???
Not in Dhanmondi but if you can manage to come across Shukrabad through Panthapath much before you reach Green Road signal, you should find few hotels who serve Paratah with Nehari. Quality is so-so.
Old November 17, 2013, 04:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Not in Dhanmondi but if you can manage to come across Shukrabad through Panthapath much before you reach Green Road signal, you should find few hotels who serve Paratah with Nehari. Quality is so-so.
Thanks for the info. Are these hotels after or before square hospital? Can you recommend any particular one?