facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 29, 2012, 05:23 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Default Is T20 rubbish?

To tell you the truth, I find T20 quite entertaining. I won't want to watch a 5-match series, but a 2 or 3-match series can be fun. However, to many purists, T20 is destroying real cricket.

Whadduyou think?

Old December 29, 2012, 05:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

T20 is like junk food. Unhealthy but tasty (!). I dont consider this format as cricket and myself a purist.
Old December 29, 2012, 05:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

KDPP bolar khub ichcha hochilo.... Jak bollamna....

Lets see what comes around, in this round of discussion.... I like it, enjoy it and consider it to be a huge factor in taking a lots of cricketing skills to the next level....T20 will also have a visible and positive impact in all other formats...
Old December 29, 2012, 06:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
T20 is like junk food. Unhealthy but tasty (!). I dont consider this format as cricket and myself a purist.
Never Mind BCF..... Couldn't resist...

Like purist Muslims will never accept tissue paper and look for Matir Dhela for "Kuluk" for sunnah, after peaing.... purpose of it will never be important to a purist...
Old December 29, 2012, 06:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Never Mind BCF..... Couldn't resist...

Like purist Muslims will never accept tissue paper and look for Matir Dhela for "Kuluk" for sunnah, after peaing.... purpose of it will never be important to a purist...

Bhai, matir dhela is organic and almost costless. Paper is a waste of resource both ecological and financial. Sunnah is multi-dimensional. Only the purists can realise this upon deep reflection.
Old December 29, 2012, 06:52 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

I prefer ODIs neither long nor short, perfectly balanced. But Test Cricket is the real deal and must be protected.
Old December 29, 2012, 07:34 PM
Banned

I hate T20's and don't follow IPL at all... have never watched an IPL match. It's just not exciting, no planning present in batsmen or ballers, no hardwork present.
T20 is like watching the tie-breaker at the end of a football match, rather than watching 90 mins. of the match.
Old December 29, 2012, 07:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Twenty20 is a fun cricket.It isn't real cricket. so don't take it seriously.
Old December 29, 2012, 08:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Bhai, matir dhela is organic and almost costless. Paper is a waste of resource both ecological and financial. Sunnah is multi-dimensional. Only the purists can realise this upon deep reflection.
Allahu Akbar Words of Wisdom Akh-al-Karim
Old December 29, 2012, 08:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Prefer anything that happens in night in BD. So yeah I'll go with D/N ODI, t20, pink ball test etc.
But I also prefer cricket over any other sports, so haram/halal... Macca/subway my heart beats with any format in cricket.
Old December 29, 2012, 08:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
T20 is like watching the tie-breaker at the end of a football match, rather than watching 90 mins. of the match.
Bad analogy...the whole point of introducing T20 is to shorten the game and make it more comparable to sports that are played for 90 min/120 min etc.
Old December 29, 2012, 08:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

T20 is undoubtedly quite entertaining and suitable for this day and age...Here's a good example why...There's a Ind vs Pak ODI match today which starts at 10:30pm EST (my time zone)...As a professional job holder and businessman, is it feasible for me to stay up all night and watch the whole game? No. What if it was a T20? I'd have no problem fitting it into my schedule. Heck I've even managed to fit a game between two meetings in the past...Although the purist in me craves for test cricket I hardly ever find time to watch it. So over the years I've learned to be content with watching a session or two or getting up to speed by reading match reports. On the other hand I don't hesitate to buy packages to watch shorter versions of the game.
Old December 29, 2012, 09:47 PM

T20!
Old December 29, 2012, 09:57 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
I prefer ODIs neither long nor short, perfectly balanced. But Test Cricket is the real deal and must be protected.
I have been watching tests since the mid-70's and still watch if time permits. But, crowd has been small, especially since the advent of T20. Test is the original cricket, but will it last? I would like the answer to be yes.
Old December 29, 2012, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
T20 is undoubtedly quite entertaining and suitable for this day and age...Here's a good example why...There's a Ind vs Pak ODI match today which starts at 10:30pm EST (my time zone)...As a professional job holder and businessman, is it feasible for me to stay up all night and watch the whole game? .
I don't either. That's why you need to watch Highlights like me. Just because you don't have time doesn't mean the world has to adapt itself to suit you.
Old December 29, 2012, 10:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Is T20 rubbish?

Yes.
Old December 29, 2012, 10:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
I don't either. That's why you need to watch Highlights like me. Just because you don't have time doesn't mean the world has to adapt itself to suit you.
You know... The idea of T20 has basically come from the popularity of highlights...

2 hours Highlight of a test match is as good as T20 and Highlights of ODI is perfect T20.. So, when you watch a T20 match you just watch a highlight of ODI in real time...
Old December 29, 2012, 10:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I like watching domestic T20, but yeah. I prefer ODIs as the shorter version. T20 is too short to be anything meaningful. You could bowl well and end up with figures like 0-32. Your bowling skills, ability to construct an innings, tactics, fitness etc are barely tested. You could aimlessly slog and get lucky. No one cares about your average much.
Old December 29, 2012, 10:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

T20 has its own format-specific challenges that make it interesting for cricketers and cricket fans, and I appreciate that. But I just can't get myself to watch it unless Bangladesh, not a good T20I side at all, is playing. Then again, I'll watch our guys watching themselves on TV!

I don't watch the IPL or its clones at all. I find the the loud, apish and crass approach utterly repulsive.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 29, 2012, 11:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Anyone who saw the hard earned century of Gooptil the other day wouldn't say that.
Old December 29, 2012, 11:37 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Is T20 rubbish ?
NO.

It is just another form of cricket that is here to stay for good.
The quicker you learn to accept it and move on with your life, the better it would be for you.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 30, 2012, 12:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

For someone who has had the privilege of watching the likes of Wasim/ Ambrose/ Warne/ Lara etc play test cricket.. t20 is nothing more than joke cricket.
Old December 30, 2012, 01:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

When I first saw the T20, I like the game. To me it has brought a different dimension to cricket. Despite being test fan i love this format. Rather ODI looks a bit boring to me.
ODI has given birth to some mediocre players like Kayes, SN, Junaid, Rock. None have any value at Tests or T20. To me T20 is a better format than ODI to test quality of a players.
Old December 30, 2012, 01:42 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
For someone who has had the privilege of watching the likes of Wasim/ Ambrose/ Warne/ Lara etc play test cricket.. t20 is nothing more than joke cricket.
I'm sure they said the same thing about ODI back in early 70s.

You have to accept the wind of change.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 30, 2012, 01:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Anyone who saw the hard earned century of Gooptil the other day wouldn't say that.
+1. T20 has its own beauty. Anyone who watched Hussey steal a final spot right in front of Pakistan's nose in T20 WC 2010 will tell you otherwise. I remember watching Dale Steyn pick up a maiden over against Chris Gayle when he was on top of his form. Gayle had absolutely no answer for steyn. I don't think I would have enjoyed this maiden over as much as I did had it been in ODI/Test. There are plenty of things to enjoy in T20. I enjoy seeing teams accelerate from 6-7 an over to 70 runs in the last 5 overs. I enjoy seeing bowlers making a comeback after batsmans put up 100/2 in the first 12 overs. These things happen in ODI too, so if you can enjoy it in ODI than why can't you enjoy it in T20?

Every format has its own beauty. I don't think you necessarily have to dislike 1 format just because you like the other 2 formats more. Teams still have to play their best game to win.