facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 7, 2008, 04:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash and Tamim
Default Consistency or hit-out-or get out cricket?

I am interested to know what would you, as my fellow, depressed Bd supporters(only kidding) want more for the team.
First of all what I mean by hit out or get out cricket is that the batsman do not respect the bowler and just play to their full potential without being patient in their build up play(You know what I mean).
Consistency is off course getting 11 cricketers on the field believing they can take something decent from the game any time, any place.

Now, personally I would say consistency would come first because there is no point on relying on one or two match wining players to win us the match(this wont always happen). For example; if say there were 11 players that would score 20 runs every match then not much effort will be done to get the 20 runs and in return the team will score at least an average 220 runs which we did do today(although complete opposite of what I am saying, inconsistent players!). But, to a win a match 220 runs is not enough so what you need is a consistent and potentially match- winning player, just say Raqibul Hasan for now, and maybe an extra lets say 30 runs can be made and we can easily get 250 runs on the board. Add another player who can get a high total such as Saqibul or ...Ashraful(cough,cough) we are looking at a very respectable total. 20 runs isnt the most to ask for from any good player and lets face it Razzak, the tail ender, has even mustered double that against New Zealand so why cant he do it more often?

What would you lot want most? players with high consistency or inconsistent players with the ability to score heavy?

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Sadz; November 7, 2008 at 04:41 PM..

Old November 7, 2008, 04:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash and Tamim

lol, thats a new one
Old November 7, 2008, 06:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Uhh consistancy.... hitout or get out is what gives us our 1 or 2 wins a year...
Old November 8, 2008, 11:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Its turning into KGPP.