facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 3, 2017, 10:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Default Your most profound realization?

Some call it enlightenment. Some shift in thinking. Many times psilocybin induced, while monks get it from deep meditation with years of trials even while even so some in sudden realization either through shock or bereavement. Some call it the light switch, some find it in form of NDE etcetera.

I am very much interested in your subjective experience. The avenue can be anything... and maybe I will get to share mine. I used to have some experience everyday when I used to try cannabis but I quit that so I don't get those anymore.

Basically what's your cosmic joke moment.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 6, 2017, 10:28 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

most profound realization of today
This thread ain't gonna fly
Old January 8, 2017, 12:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

You have to work hard.. there are no alternate ways...
Old January 8, 2017, 03:52 PM
Cricket Savant

What's your WHY? What makes you get up in the morning ever day? Japanese have a term called ikigai. But on a greater context what is it? Note not what you do, but WHY you do what you do.

More useful links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6_PMbXllac&t=1525s

(In this video I like the fact the speaker relates that your WHY should be so great, that they have to pull you out of a stretcher before you quit.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRaqe9M2DYc

Simon Sinek. Expert on WHY

https://www.startwithwhy.com/

Interesting Questionnaire

http://www.patrickbetdavid.com/ultimate-questionnaire/

I used to think prestige, fame and money. Bangladesh cricket or to make a name as an author for cricket.

One my saddest realization came was I used to drop off my mom at UCI for medical checkup and leave. One day I came back to pick her up, and I was shocked to see, she was referred to Senior Center. I felt gutted. How time flies away... Ever since that day, I was always with her and didn't really leave her and get away for a drive. I felt like a failure, how I let my mom down at 34 having achieved nothing...

So as much as an egoistical bastard that I am, I do think my greatest WHY actually transcends ingratiation for ego, prestige, fame and wealth. A component is to make mom proud, but to make her proud in my own way. (Last thing I want is to see her pass away seeing me a total loser and a bum.) I mean she'd probably feel proud if I go to school, get an average job, get married and be an average joe blow. But I want to do it my way too. So I am a bit confused as well.

I mention this, because today I gave a goal of an entire day to find my WHY. I know it's an easy day and may seem overkill to spend an entire day over it...but Lincoln said, "If you give me 6 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend 4 hours sharping my axe."

I KNOW in my heart of hearts WHAT to do, but not WHY I should do it. I mean it's glitzy and all that, but what happens when it becomes s***kill to plough a single step forth? Sometimes until s*** hits the fan IE people getting served with a terminal disease like cancer, most don't find the WHY.

The day is still half-away, so eventually I will hit on my WHY. I think Bangladeshi cricketers need to find the WHY. Why they do what they do? For kicks? For applause, for brownie points? To get laid? To get money, to pay bills?

And "Ami shahrukher moton hote chai is not a f*****in answer."

Sorry I spilled a lot of my personal thoughts.

Old January 8, 2017, 05:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

That I, can be a doctor or a Psychologists, if I try... I have these tools in me head, to be one. Whether to go ahead, try pursuing it or not... Different matter.
Old January 9, 2017, 10:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
That I, can be a doctor or a Psychologists, if I try... I have these tools in me head, to be one. Whether to go ahead, try pursuing it or not... Different matter.
The likelihood of "happenings" increases in med school :p jus saying!
Old January 8, 2017, 07:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Life is short. Enjoy every moment as much as you can. Try to do good to others especially the poor or old. Work hard but don't keep on sacrificing your family time.
Old February 15, 2017, 09:56 PM
Cricket Savant

The following impression is based on a dream I had two nights ago. Some things to consider would be the fact that I am not an Islamic scholar, or a practitioner of Islam and the following is an entirely my interpretation of a particular Islamic thought.

In California a surefire way to identify a Muslim driver would often be from a tell-tale bumper sticker: "Worship the Creator, not the creation." A central and vociferous tenet would be the avoidance of anything that has to do with idol worshiping. I am not an Islamic guru, pun intended which again sounds like pun-dit... [rimshot] okay, but I always found it bewildering, incongruent and puzzling if someone like Mohammad - I will refrain from PBUH because then the following agents who will promptly be introduced will also be entitled to that suffix- ...someone like Mohammad reached a higher level of consciousness, akin to Christ, Jesus or Buddha, why would Islamic teaching be so adamantly against worshiping of idols or false gods.

I mean shouldn't a person of Krsna consciousness or Christ consciousness with Bob Marleysque 'One Love' mantra be all-inclusive, all-loving, compassionate, filled with wisdom, empathy and understanding for all...? This always bothered me and the fact that Muslims shunned the pagan religion, made me shun Islam with fervent aversion.

[Of course, I am putting my own labels and preconceived notions and assumptions.]

And surprisingly when taking college course of Anthropology, Ceramic Arts History, Archaeology... pagan religion and shamanism with bent on magic was NOT the aberration rather the NORM. Then ignited an all-launch crusade to oust them.

Hindus also worship idols but for those who have delved sufficiently in it realize it is just a manifestation of avatars of various gods. " “How many gods are there, Yajnavalkya?” asked Sakalay. Three, thirty three, thirty-three crore, thirty-three million. Take your pick. And so the popular myth goes...

Buddhists on the other hand, again similar to Hindus' concept of Maya, do believe that our self is just an illusion, and everyone has Buddha nature and once you 'kill the ego' the true, real nature of human Self (Atman in Hinduism) emerges. And just Hindus believe the central self of humans is brahman tracing to Atman, Buddhists also talk of the core self as Buddha. Also Buddhism embraces paradoxical thought is 'Everything is Contained in One, and Nothing is Contained in Everything...' and thus.

Now the dream I had was rather disturbing one. Another disclaimer would be to take overall atmosphere, room temperature, air hygiene, previous state of mind into consideration before making any judgment.

I won't narrate the full dream, but a part of it showed a bust, which upon shattering, I kind of had a flash of insight. I started bursting into tears in dream and woke up with heavy breathing.

I kept saying something in the line of 'real you/me lives with compassion, grace, dignity, and humility...' and so on and on and everyone deserves that same treatment.

What later I believed happened, was ego was unmasked. Do look up ego dissolution if you want. But basically the theory is...

Your ego is made up of a distinct personality, a reflection of who you are, as perceived by you, as programmed by your parents, authority like school, teachers, church, mosque, islamic clerics building an image or an ILLUSION of you. This you is not the real You. Your conception of yourself is just an illusion. It is the stories that you keep telling yourself. Suppose someone cut you in traffic you will be huffing and puffing and cursing him, questioning whether he did it intentionally cuz you look like Kumar, etcetera, when from a detached neutral perspective, say from God or an Absolute focal point, nothing really happened and all you have been doing is just telling yourself a story, when in fact the very man who cut you off, just moved on and it was just that... Yet you are still somehow justifying it with your inner critic or inner Woody Allen.

A way to identify your ego would be during meditation when you observe all your thoughts. Where do these thoughts come from? Whose assumptions are these? Moreso, WHOSE voice is this? In many cases, somehow, it should be either of your parents, albeit the more authoritative one, or the one who left a more indelible impression upon your conscience.

But in rare cases - for me it happened during evening walks a few times when mind cleared its fog - you clean the clutter or the mess in your head and you realize your true nature which is unbelievably wise, compassionate -if indeed we are hell-bent on putting terms-...but in reality it is NOTHING. It just is.

For instance, suppose a truck is incoming. If we tell your real personality is very polite and law abiding that is wrong. If we label your real Self as reckless, aggressive and endangering, that would be wrong as well. What would be the real you as revealed by the oncoming truck in your lane? Well at that instant, your real You would take over in danger moment, and you may find yourself breaking the rule and heading to the 'wrong lane' which is empty thus breaking the rule. At that instant, you became a law breaker. But the real you is neither. It just had to react that way just in that situation. Again to put a label of you being reckless, or aggressive all the time would be another 'trap' (so-called).. The real You is basically Nothing.

So the penny dropped when the bust shattered and immediately I had my catharsis. The ego was unmasked.

Assume g is god, and G is God.
Let 'god' (idols) = the small, ego or the personality you identify with.
Let 'God' = the real You or your Self.

If the false god breaks, the g immediately transforms into G.

Now once the false image or false idol breaks, or shatters, what happens? Nothing. It just reveals emptiness. Also not quite.

It reveals the entirety.

Do you now get the point behind Buddhists' paradoxical assertions?

Several things may be clarified culminating to this climax with a simple equation.

A. The bust in the dream was just a metaphor or personification of ego.
B. Once the bust shattered, or so did ego, and thus the real Self was revealed which Eastern mystics would say as boundless, or like limitless ocean.
C. Note, indeed infinity was 'revealed' from the 'atom' of the bust, because emptiness is nothing and everything in one.

And finally,

D. This may be the greatest philosophical legerdemain from Mohammad. When he through revelation from angel insisted not to worship the false god, or false image, this is what he literally may have meant, ie not in the literal sense to denounce all idol worshipers, but that not be attached with the false personality that has been brewing all along in the form your inner critic or voice of your perceived self via the stories you kept hankering on and telling yourself on and on and on...

If you accept this then all seemingly problems do dissolve. That Mohammad could be very well reached that all-inclusive, all-encompassing state-of-mind and that true teachings of Islam may not be just a cosmetic eye candy of shunning of idols or idol worshiper, rather not to put so much value on the false personality who you think you are ie... finite, poor-little-me who is not honest, not boundless, not emotionally stable, not wise, not intelligent, miserly, stingy, slandering, backbiting, negative, jealous etc.

Guess, the real nature of our self is that of a soul or spirit where the Mind simply is. It is neither good or bad. Neti, neti...

It is a pity that his message or core tenet has just been lost in translation over the years.

Old February 15, 2017, 10:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

^^ I liked the way you paraphrased your dream.. nice read..
Old February 16, 2017, 10:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Most profound realization as of today--WWE ain't real, still collecting pieces of my broken heart
Old February 16, 2017, 05:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Your most profound realization?
Zeeshan poladar mathay ki?
Old February 17, 2017, 12:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Your most profound realization?
Zeeshan poladar mathay ki?
ট্যুষে!

Old February 17, 2017, 01:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Some call it enlightenment. Some shift in thinking. Many times psilocybin induced, while monks get it from deep meditation with years of trials even while even so some in sudden realization either through shock or bereavement. Some call it the light switch, some find it in form of NDE etcetera.

I am very much interested in your subjective experience. The avenue can be anything... and maybe I will get to share mine. I used to have some experience everyday when I used to try cannabis but I quit that so I don't get those anymore.

Basically what's your cosmic joke moment.
Are you like a professor or something, you remind me of my professor, who is explaining me the laws of permutations and Combinations in Alpha Numeric Passwords

I would`nt be suprised if you have a PhD , every post I read from you is like a philosophical statement
Old February 17, 2017, 01:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Are you like a professor or something, you remind me of my professor, who is explaining me the laws of permutations and Combinations in Alpha Numeric Passwords

I would`nt be suprised if you have a PhD , every post I read from you is like a philosophical statement
Yes! I DO have a phd. I DO. I have a phd. I have a phd. If you are chuckling the same reason why I am chuckling then I am chuckling too!

Old February 17, 2017, 01:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Yes! I DO have a phd. I DO. I have a phd. I have a phd. If you are chuckling the same reason why I am chuckling then I am chuckling too!
Seriously do you really have a PhD if so in what area
Old February 17, 2017, 06:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Adam Gilchrist

wow zeeshan nice post !

For me , the day i realized that if i die today, the world will go on as if nothing happened, and i am just an umimportant speck of dust in a wind .
The next day i saw a pic of earth taken from mars , and i realized i am nothing. It showed me how less i matter in the grand scheme of things ( or is there even a grand scheme?) . Is it just a play?
Old November 19, 2017, 03:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Posting from a different forum. I think it neatly sums up an enlightened thought process. I fully realize it may not be in harmony with many mainstream beliefs and it is not my intention to offend anyone.

Quote:
This is a concept from the great 60's philosopher Alan Watts.

God likes to play hide-n-seek, but because there is nothing outside of God, he has no one but himself to play with! But he gets over this difficulty by pretending that he is not himself. This is his way of hiding from himself. He pretends that he is you and I and all the people in the world, all the animals, plants, all the rocks, and all the stars. In this way he has strange and wonderful adventures, some of which are terrible and frightening. But these are just like bad dreams, for when he wakes up they will disappear.

Now when God plays "hide" and pretends that he is you and I, he does it so well that it takes him a long time to remember where and how he hid himself! But that's the whole fun of it-just what he wanted to do. He doesn't want to find himself too quickly, for that would spoil the game. That is why it is so difficult for you and me to find out that we are God in disguise, pretending not to be himself. But- when the game has gone on long enough, all of us will WAKE UP, stop pretending, and REMEMBER that we are all one single Self- the God who is all that there is and who lives forever and ever.
You may ask why God sometimes hides in the form of horrible people, or pretends to be people who suffer great disease and pain. Remember, first, that he isn't really doing this to anyone but himself. Remember too, that in almost all the stories you enjoy there have to be bad people as well as good people, for the thrill of the tale is to find out how the good people will get the better of the bad. It's the same as when we play cards. At the beginning of the game we shuffle them all into a mess, which is like the bad things in the world, but the point of the game put the mess into good order, and the one who does it best is the winner. Then we shuffle the cards and play again, and so it goes with the world.

-Alan Watts
from "THE BOOK on the taboo against knowing who You are"
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/defau...g=posts&t=1094

Old November 19, 2017, 04:09 PM
Cricket Savant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTblbYqQQag

Old November 26, 2017, 04:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

My Dearest Bondhu Gopal,

A tremendous one came to me last night.
The end of Earth (destruction) and the human race as we know on the basis of all western Abrahamic religions - Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Then the final judgement day and the weight of the sentences for all humans ever walked on earth 'since' the holy books were sent by God as a blessing rules of guidance for His creations with conscience.

We people are minuscule, each one of us is not even a spec of a dust in the context of the known universe and the physical beyond (we know it exists). We doubt of other lifeforms in this endless universe of trillions trillions of planets, solar systems, and stars. We minuscule little blob of walking fluids think we understand God and God is always busy with us. He has only us on his super mind. We doubt evolution and science and logic and rational because we justify by painting God/Allah through our own brush and paint on our own canvas.

This is what I realized. Allah stated the earth will end (He meant it will end up being a dead planet, the resource will dry out).
The human body expires but the conscience/memory will exist. And the difference between a good soul and a bad one is the bad one suffers eternally, on earth while living and beyond, and the clean good spirit reaches nirvana/eternal ecstasy due to his/her own action conscience here on earth and beyond. Therefore, Allah Subhanatala's clear warning for His final judgement for all beings with conscience (humans) and the reward or the punishment . Heaven or Hell. This heaven(s) or this hell(s) are not physical places as the soul/spirit/mind that is forever intact floating does not need a physical place to chill or suffer after the judgement day. The experience of heaven or hell is a state of mind and it will manifest as the soul/mind/spirit once acted.

I realize Allah is beyond my/our comprehension. Because we are minuscule and insignificant. But I sense this, Allah Subhanatala, my/our Lord is infinite, eternal, shapeless, sexless and nothing but the ultimate divine conscience of everything known and 'unknown' to us all.

I realized Allah created everything and all - from his thoughts of divine imagination. He created both good and evil. I used to be afraid of evil, demons, terrorists, satan/Iblis, Lucifer, the dark, fire, nukes, getting burned alive etc. but I fear no more, because I simply now realized Allah created all of them, all evil and all thing that is pristine. Thus I fear no evil no more - All praise goes to my Lord, Allah Rahman-ur Rahim.

I had been thinking a for a few months now, after the earth will go dead, no life form on it anymore, and the human race is gone, judgement day is over - Is Allah going to get bored? and I realized that no way, that Allah has all His concentration on this race called humans and this mere tiny planet and all the rest of universe, which He created, has nothing to offer for Him? God is endless and He has many other creations and games going on other than this GOP/Democrat/AL/Jamaat/Madam/ISOL/Hitler/Butler/Bruce Lee dump of a place that we all sweating and fighting over 24/7.

Allah is going to continue and always will - Forever, after our sorry selves are gone,once our history is forgotten, as He is an endless, shapeless, formless conscience. He will continue with many other intelligent forms in the universe. We humans are nothing. The Lord does not owe us nothing, and He does not have to tell us everything. We may very well be just a small single snap of a slide show in an intermission of a long never ending movie produced, directed and edited by our Lord, Allah Subhanatala. I now totally believe that 'aliens' , extra-terrestrial life forms MUST exist and they all are also praying to Allah, my Lord.

It is getting kind of long. My final understanding is Allah developed humans through evolution and because Allah is the master scientist. God and His divine spiritual, metaphysical existence is science - They are same. That is why some of us humans are artists, some are scientists (this inner desire/prone to lean toward that specific knowledge and skill or having some gift from birth is simply because we are created by Him, and sometimes, if and when we are lucky, tiny reflections of His artistic self show up in us.

Last edited by bujhee kom; November 26, 2017 at 05:27 PM..
Old November 26, 2017, 04:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
My Dearest Bondhu Gopal,

The end of Earth (destruction) and the human race as we know on the basis of all western Abrahamic religions - Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Then the final judgement day and the weight of the sentences for all humans ever walked on earth 'since' the holy books were sent by God as a blessing rules of guidance for His creations with conscience.

We people are minuscule, each one of us is not even a spec of a dust in the context of the known universe and the physical beyond (we know it exists). We doubt of other lifeforms in this endless universe of trillions trillions of planets, solar systems, and stars. We minuscule little blob of walking fluids think we understand God and God is always busy with us. He has only us on his super mind. We doubt evolution and science and logic and rational because we justify by painting God/Allah through our own brush and paint on our own canvas.

This is what I realized. Allah stated the earth will end (He meant it will end up being a dead planet, the resource will dry out).
The human body expires but the conscience/memory will exist. And the difference between a good soul and a bad one is the bad one suffers eternally, on earth while living and beyond, and the clean good spirit reaches nirvana/eternal ecstasy due to his/her own action conscience here on earth and beyond. Therefore, Allah Subhanatala's clear warning for His final judgement for all beings with conscience (humans) and the reward or the punishment . Heaven or Hell. This heaven(s) or this hell(s) are not physical places as the soul/spirit/mind that is forever intact floating does not need a physical place to chill or suffer after the judgement day. The experience of heaven or hell is a state of mind and it will manifest as the soul/mind/spirit once acted.

I realize Allah is beyond my/our comprehension. Because we are minuscule and insignificant. But I sense this, Allah Subhanatala, my/our Lord is infinite, eternal, shapeless, sexless and nothing but the ultimate divine conscience of everything known and 'unknown' to us all.

I realized Allah created everything and all - from his thoughts of divine imagination. He created both good and evil. I used to be afraid of evil, demons, terrorists, satan/Iblis, Lucifer, the dark, fire, nukes, getting burned alive etc. but I fear no more, because I simply now realized Allah created all of them, all evil and all thing that is pristine. Thus I fear no evil no more - All praise goes to my Lord, Allah Rahman-ur Rahim.

I had been thinking a for a few months now, after the earth will go dead, no life form on it anymore, and the human race is gone, judgement day is over - Is Allah going to get bored? and I realized that no way, that Allah has all His concentration on this race called humans and this mere tiny planet and all the rest of universe, which He created, has nothing to offer for Him? God is endless and He has many other creations and games going on other than this GOP/Democrat/AL/Jamaat/Madam/ISOL/Hitler/Butler/Bruce Lee dump of a place that we all sweating and fighting over 24/7.

Allah is going to continue and always will - Forever, after our sorry selves are gone,once our history is forgotten, as He is an endless, shapeless, formless conscience. He will continue with many other intelligent forms in the universe. We humans are nothing. The Lord does not owe us nothing, and He does not have to tell us everything. We may very well be just a small single snap of a slide show in an intermission of a long never ending movie produced, directed and edited by our Lord, Allah Subhanatala. I now totally believe that 'aliens' , extra-terrestrial life forms MUST exist and they all are also praying to Allah, my Lord.

It is getting kind of long. My final understanding is Allah developed humans through evolution and because Allah is the master scientist. God and the divine spiritual, metaphysical existence of Him is science - They are same. That is why some of us humans are artists, some are scientists (this inner desire/prone to lean toward that specific knowledge and skill or having some gift from birth is simply beacuse we are created by Him, and sometimes, when we are lucky, tiny of His reflections show up in us.
This is beautifully written Bujhee Kom bro

May Allah increase your knowledge more and shower his blessing on you and your family.

May Allah guide our hearts to what is good for us in this world and the hereafter

Ameen.
Old November 26, 2017, 05:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
This is beautifully written Bujhee Kom bro

May Allah increase your knowledge more and shower his blessing on you and your family.

May Allah guide our hearts to what is good for us in this world and the hereafter

Ameen.
Thank you my dearest Amigo SportingBD...I have given some good thoughts to some of the things that you are facing, on some of your frustration regarding people asking certain questions and issues associating with the concept of Islam. I came up with answers. I will give them to you by next weekend, Lord willing.
Old November 27, 2017, 07:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
My Dearest Bondhu Gopal,

[...snip...]

It is getting kind of long. My final understanding is Allah developed humans through evolution and because Allah is the master scientist. God and His divine spiritual, metaphysical existence is science - They are same. That is why some of us humans are artists, some are scientists (this inner desire/prone to lean toward that specific knowledge and skill or having some gift from birth is simply because we are created by Him, and sometimes, if and when we are lucky, tiny reflections of His artistic self show up in us.
Disagree.

Quote:
"...Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

This passage is commonly mis-attributed to Nelson Mandela's 1994 Inaugural Address.

It actually comes from the book 'A Return To Love' (1992) by Marianne Williamson
http://www.aetw.org/mandela.htm

Old November 26, 2017, 05:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Another thing I have been thinking a lot lately is a specific contradiction in western religions, again among the big three.
That Satan/the Devil is a fallen angel, when in one hand, priest/Imams/Rabbis will tell me that angels are superior to human in strength and glamour, but humans/mortals are more glorious because we humans have a conscience and we have to power to 'Choose'! and the angels cannot , they just follow the Lord's orders and wishes. And again at the same time Lucifer/Iblish was a super angel and extremely dedicate dto his creator but later disobeyed God/Allah Subhanatala and had been cast out of heaven (?) and be renamed as Satan/Iblish.

I think the problem is in the misinterpretation/idea that Angels do not posses the power/ability (!) to choose, think for themselves and disobey or challenge the wishes of our Lord. I am having hard time comprehending the Gabriel or Israfeel cannot choose or identify between good and evil, right and wrong. I think angels can and will be judged by the Lord on the final judgement day. And I started to believe that both angels and mortals can choose and identify between good and evil...Except for humans, the mortals being physically so weak, and short living (next to the millions of years living angels) can
a. Create beautiful things
b. Write beautiful poetry
c. Imagine beauty
d. Has desire
e. Has feelings and emotions
just like our Creator, our Lord Himself. That is why we humans may be considered superior to angels.

Otherwise, with all that power and money no object, can fly anywhere within a blink of an eye, screw with anyone's (mortal/humans) mind - how come Satan, the Iblish looks so
a. Ugly,
b. Stinks
c. Lives underground (I know an imagination of ours, but still) in a fire-pit
d. Eats rotten flesh and vile

Last edited by bujhee kom; November 26, 2017 at 06:00 PM..
Old November 26, 2017, 06:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Another thing I have been thinking a lot lately is a specific contradiction in western religions, again among the big three.
That Satan/the Devil is a fallen angel, when in one hand, priest/Imams/Rabbis will tell me that angels are superior to human in strength and glamour, but humans/mortals are more glorious because we humans have a conscience and we have to power to 'Choose'! and the angels cannot , they just follow the Lord's orders and wishes. And again at the same time Lucifer/Iblish was a super angel and extremely dedicate dto his creator but later disobeyed God/Allah Subhanatala and had been cast out of heaven (?) and be renamed as Satan/Iblish.

I think the problem is in the misinterpretation/idea that Angels do not posses the power/ability (!) to choose, think for themselves and disobey or challenge the wishes of our Lord. I am having hard time comprehending the Gabriel or Israfeel cannot choose or identify between good and evil, right and wrong. I think angels can and will be judged by the Lord on the final judgement day. And I started to believe that both angels and mortals can choose and identify between good and evil...Except for humans, the mortals being physically so weak, and short living (next to the millions of years living angels) can
a. Create beautiful things
b. Write beautiful poetry
c. Imagine beauty
d. Has desire
e. Has feelings and emotions
just like our Creator, our Lord Himself. That is why we are ultimately superior.

Otherwise, with all that power and money no object, can fly anywhere within a blink of an eye, screw with anyone's (mortal/humans) mind - how come Satan, the Iblish looks so
a. Ugly,
b. Stinks
c. Lives underground (I know an imagination of ours, but still) in a fire-pit
d. Eats rotten flesh and vile
Satan was not an angel, he was from the Jinn. If you read on how he achieved a high rank you will get your answer. Jinns like Humans have choice to obey or disobey! They’re given the quality to differentiate between right and wrong. They were sent guidance like us humans.

If I remember correctly, I heard some scholars say that when the angels were living on the earth, they kept on doing the right thing, praising/worshipped God etc. They were made noble, hence didn’t make any sins like humans/jinns. God took them up. He preferred us human over them, because he loves it when a human repents, ask forgiveness etc when they realise their mistake/sin. He gave us freedom to choose. Hence when we use our freedom to chose the good, he becomes very happy.

In the Quran, there’s a Surah that talks about how the Angels said to God, Will you make humans that will shed blood on the earth etc when we praise you all the time? On that God became upset, and said they don’t know what God knows. You can read about it, also read the Tafsir about human creation. Hope it helps.
Old November 26, 2017, 05:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Just a point to add to BK post #19

We are not the only inhabitant that lived on the earth.
Remember before Humans, God had Angels that lived on the earth.

Only God knows what else lived on this earth before Angels etc, we can only speak of those he taught us about, Angels/Jinns etc.

We can only praise God by how he has taught us, otherwise we wouldn't have known. Reminds me of Surah Al-Alaq.

3. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous,

4. Who has taught (the writing) by the pen [the first person to write was Prophet Idrees (Enoch)],

5. Has taught man that which he knew not.

6. Nay! Verily, man does transgress all bounds (in disbelief and evil deed, etc.).

7. Because he considers himself self-sufficient.

Full surah: https://www.quran411.com/surah-alaq.asp