facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 30, 2019, 10:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Nasir?

Kiser mondthe ki, panta bhate ghee.

Nasir is gone... finished...spoiled.... kaput.

Comprende?

Old July 30, 2019, 11:35 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

If guys like Soumya,Sabbir and Mossadek can play so many matches despite flopping why can't Nasir play? Sabbir did more bad things than Nasir and he is in the team for what? Because Mashrafe supports this guy. Soumya is finished and he should never get any more chances after this series. His last ten innings he has no fifty that shows he is careless and inconsistent. It does not matter how talented this guy is he is selfish because he cares for himself and not the team. Nasir in 2015 used to give everything away he would even take a one hand catch which Soumya will never be able to do. Yasir should replace Soumya, Mohammed Naim in place of Mithun. Afif and Nasir should replace Riad and Mossadek. What has Mossadek done recently? After that fifty he has scored some 20s to 30s but he seems like a another hack. His bowling is not up to the mark either. Tamim will bounce back he just cannot handle extra responsibility.
1) Tamim
2) Mohammed Naim
3) Shakib(captain)
4) Mushfiqur
5) Liton
6) Yasir/Afif/Nasir
7) Miraz
8) Sabbir
9) Yeasin Arafat
10) Nayeem Hasan
11) Fizz
12) Mohammed Saiffudin
13) Minhajul Abedin Afridi
14) Al Amin Hossain
15) Qazi Onik
Old July 30, 2019, 12:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Soumya,Sabbir and Mossadek none are established players. If they continue to fail, one way or another they will be dropped and new players will get an opportunity. but that doesn't mean old reject like Nasir will automatically get the call.....Nasir doesn;t quality as a new player. He is a old reject, and so far he haven't done anything locally to get his next chance.

Like all old rejects, he need to do more locally and then wait patiently on the line. Right now he doesn't even qualified himself to wait in the line, forget about getting back in the team. Eta ki mamar Barir abdar?
Old July 30, 2019, 12:49 PM
Banned

Yes I agree Nasir will have to perform extremely well in Ncl, Bcl,Bpl and Dpl to prove that he didn't lose his form. But Soumya is a lost case and he needs to work on his batting. Sabbir and Mossadek are okay right now. Sabbir scored 60 runs in the first match and in the 2nd match Mushfiq ran him out. Mushfiq is a huge culprit when he runs out other players.
Old July 30, 2019, 01:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Soumya,Sabbir and Mossadek none are established players. If they continue to fail, one way or another they will be dropped and new players will get an opportunity. but that doesn't mean old reject like Nasir will automatically get the call.....Nasir doesn;t quality as a new player. He is a old reject, and so far he haven't done anything locally to get his next chance.

Like all old rejects, he need to do more locally and then wait patiently on the line. Right now he doesn't even qualified himself to wait in the line, forget about getting back in the team. Eta ki mamar Barir abdar?
No, Soumya, Sabbir, Mossadek are not established players. All three of their averages are on par with a reject like Nasir Hossain.

In short, they are all crap.
Old July 30, 2019, 01:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
No, Soumya, Sabbir, Mossadek are not established players. All three of their averages are on par with a reject like Nasir Hossain.

In short, they are all crap.

What you are disagreeing with me? I said "Soumya,Sabbir and Mossadek none are established players" and you are saying "No, Soumya, Sabbir, Mossadek are not established players". Both statement means the same. Are you arguing for the sake of arguing? Please read before you respond.

Plus, your other logic is silly..... if you replace a crap player with another crap player, what's the point then replacing a player?
Old July 30, 2019, 01:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
What you are disagreeing with me? I said "Soumya,Sabbir and Mossadek none are established players" and you are saying "No, Soumya, Sabbir, Mossadek are not established players". Both statement means the same. Are you arguing for the sake of arguing? Please read before you respond.

Plus, your other logic is silly..... if you replace a crap player with another crap player, what's the point then replacing a player?
Oops my bad, I read your statement to say all three were established players. I missed the “none” part. So I just reiterated what you basically said rather than argue against it.
Old July 30, 2019, 01:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Oops my bad, I read your statement to say all three were established players. I missed the “none” part. So I just reiterated what you basically said rather than argue against it.

no problem.
Old July 30, 2019, 02:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Bangladesh always had problems finishing an overseas tour well...given history it was no surprise after a long and well fought World cup tour.

India and NZ games there will always be "what ifs"...
Old July 30, 2019, 07:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

In the limited outings Nasir got, he has done jack.

27* 46 27 2 0 100.00 8 not out 1
v England Dhaka 9 Oct 2016
4 10 10 0 0 40.00 7 caught 1
v England Chattogram 12 Oct 2016
DNB - - - - - - - 2
v New Zealand Dublin 24 May 2017
11 10 8 2 0 137.50 7 caught 1
v South Africa Kimberley 15 Oct 2017
3 15 11 0 0 27.27 8 bowled 2
v South Africa Paarl 18 Oct 2017
DNB - - - - - - - 2
v Zimbabwe Dhaka 15 Jan 2018
0 - 1 0 0 0.00 8 lbw 1
v Sri Lanka Dhaka 19 Jan 2018
2 - 8 0 0 25.00 7 caught 1
v Zimbabwe Dhaka 23 Jan 2018
3 - 13 0 0 23.07 8 caught 1
v Sri Lanka Dhaka 25 Jan 2018
Old July 30, 2019, 07:55 PM
Banned

Well Nasir batted at number 7 or 8 if he batted at number 4 or 5 he would score 50 runs and centuries on a regular basis.
Old July 30, 2019, 09:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarbine2
Well Nasir batted at number 7 or 8 if he batted at number 4 or 5 he would score 50 runs and centuries on a regular basis.
Lmao
Old July 31, 2019, 08:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarbine2

Yes... so true. And if he had batted #1 or #2 (instead of SS or Tamim) he would score 200s and 300s.
Old August 1, 2019, 06:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Yes... so true. And if he had batted #1 or #2 (instead of SS or Tamim) he would score 200s and 300s.
Old August 1, 2019, 06:22 AM
First Class Cricketer

They fell into deep depression.
Old September 11, 2019, 09:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

...And the legacy continues
Old September 11, 2019, 01:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Papon has to go, doesn't he?
Old September 11, 2019, 01:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
A whole lot of things went wrong even before the Pakistan match actually:

1) Mash picked up hamstring injury during WC. He refused even to scan his injury, and stayed as a passenger in the team for the rest of the tournament.

2) They had a week long layoff before India-Pakistan matches. Instead of using the time for injury rehab, Mash and Co went for 5 day vacation.

3) Injury situation got so bad Mash and Mushfiq were not even practicing in nets before Pakistan match, and were not suppose to play in that match. They played disregarding the team plan made the night before.

4) Mash-Shakib got into conflict over Riyad's selection, after how Riyad derailed the chase against England. Afterwards, Shakib stopped attending team planning meetings.

5) Since Mash is untouchable now, BCB decided to make a scapegoat out of Rhodes - blamed him for not having control over the situations (Walsh and Joshi supposed to leave after WC anyway).

6) To make matters worse, Tamim apparently is having a bout of PTSD, because the abuse he faced from fans after his WC'15 failures.

Good news - we don't have another ODI series scheduled till December 2020. Shakib will get a chance to start fresh with T20I team in September at home, against Afghanistan, where there will be no Mash, and, most likely, no Riyad (he will have to go through a surgery and a long rehab afterwards).

Wow, I love this post! I would only add 7) Players getting demoralized after seeing one man keeping gloves hostage for so long despite being historically inept. Actually, that would be no. 1. Pushing all your great points one step down.
Old September 11, 2019, 01:53 PM
Cricket Savant

We reverted back to our incelhood. That's what happened.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 11, 2019, 11:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousGuy
BD has gone into a shell and they haven't recovered yet.

The way I see it, these things are all psychological. BD team is psychologically very weak. Once they are under pressure, they can't get up easily. I think it is about time we invest in psychologists. Coaches can't do much.
Psychology can play a part - but 95% of the time I find it to be a BS excuse.

I used to have anxiety in dealing with people, say for example in a career fair. I used to have anxiety while making presentations. I was able to overcome those problems by (1) knowing what I was looking for (2) knowing what I can offer or deliver (3) practicing.

How long should you practice? You should practice until it becomes your second nature. Until you can close your eyes and still play the shot.

Investing in a psychologist will help you overcome your psychological blind spots, if you have any, but a psychologist cannot replace the hard work and self discipline that is necessary for continuous growth and sharpening of your skills.

Virat Kohli recently said something similar: even though he enjoys his stardom, behind the scene it is a very boring process: repeating the same thing over and over again in the pursuit of getting better everyday.

A pious predecessor of ours said that he was able to enjoy the sweetness of prayer only after struggling with his prayer for 20 years.

If you think you will achieve excellence with a psychologist, you are WRONG. Self improvement is a seriously boring process. Only those with serious work ethic and self-discipline will defeat this boredom and achieve success. And majority of bangalis don't have that self-discipline and work ethic - we are happy with mediocrity and jora-tali. Our team is no exception.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.

Last edited by ToBeFair; September 12, 2019 at 02:20 AM..