facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 18, 2015, 10:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Except the fact, Abul can bowl high 80 mph's, and Binny bowls low -high 70 mph's stuff.

I wouldnt write Abul off completely. He has just came back from a back injury. He has test ton at 10. He can offer allot esp in the test side.
I rate bowlers based on how many wickets they take over pace.

Yes pace is important but give me a dibbly dobbly 130k bowler who can take wickets and bowl disciplined lines over a 90mph spraygun with 0 wickets after 6 games.

All well and good having pace but if you cant use it effectively you may as well be bowling 60mph full tosses

Old April 18, 2015, 10:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Aamir Sohail is a voracious criticizer of everyone. Even this guy was impressed by abul. What you lot smoking?
Old April 18, 2015, 10:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

He is not yet ready for International cricket. Needs a solid mentor. I would only pick him after he has a solid Domestic season in List A and First Class Matches, and draft him into the A team too. for now, If you really want him, maybe the T20 team is best for him. Nobody is doubting his ability with the bat however...
Old April 18, 2015, 11:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Abul flat out sucks. Let's not sugarcoat anything here.
Old April 18, 2015, 01:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Binny has a 6-fer, and the best ODI figures at the moment, nuff said. Abul can't even get half that many wickets in 10 matches
Old April 18, 2015, 01:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Keu amare mairala..
Old April 18, 2015, 01:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

I don't get why no one is mentioning Shafiul's name. This guy has always been pretty good some of his spells are so lethal. He is one guy who can ball at 140s and yet swing the ball. Shafiul is also pretty handy with the bat. And I'd if not shafiul, it has to be Al-Amin Hossain not freaking Abul.
Old April 18, 2015, 01:51 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

but should we really disrupt the winning combination
Old April 18, 2015, 01:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Binny has a 6-fer, and the best ODI figures at the moment, nuff said. Abul can't even get half that many wickets in 10 matches
If your going to use Binnys fluke against BD to voice his advantage. Well mayte the Legendary Aftab Ahmed (bowled slow gentle pace) also took 6fer once against New Zealand and won BD the game. No big deal Binnys fluke is nothing to overboast by his fans. As flukes of this such kind possible even by ordinary nothing part time players, can happen (once a decade). That does not mean they are great, or anything. Just pure fluke.
Old April 18, 2015, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Aamir Sohail is a voracious criticizer of everyone. Even this guy was impressed by abul. What you lot smoking?
Whos Amir Sohail

Old April 18, 2015, 02:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Binny is the perfect example to trash your stat against Abul, had stats been the only criterion to draft a guy in the team, Binny should have been in Indian National Team now, with BEST figure, as you say...

Bro, you are completely self contradictory there
Old April 18, 2015, 03:03 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Let me confess something, TBH I've never disliked a Bangladeshi player so much ever in my life as much as Sir Abul, this guy is really something out of the world and his blind fans are even worse than him. FYI, you'd be surprised to know that he hails from my home district Moulvibazar and his birthplace Kulaura is also my Nanabari but despite that I see nothing in his performance to like him a single bit. Had really high hopes of him at the beginning of his career but his awfully pathetic performances one after another increased my disliking every time!

Any weak/undeserving player who played for Bangladesh at least did something somewhere to get a chance, be it domestically or a few fluke international ones. But this guy has done absolutely NOTHING anywhere in his primary role (i.e bowling) either internationally or in domestic, other than a single fluke century batting at 10. Just tell me, who in this freaking world would pick a guy who averages 123 in test bowling, 60 in FC bowling and is yet to pick up a wicket after playing 6 freaking ODIs? Give me a Zia or a Reza over this hack any day of the year and I'll gleefully accept them, at least these guys have done something to get noticed.

Apparently, from what I've heard from a very reliable source in BCB that Shoejon and the BCB directors from Abahani love him to the core and this is the main reason for him being selected despite repeated failures. Most people in BCB including coaches are fed up with his performance but due to few really powerful goons no one is able to do anything. But the way he is playing I'm sure it would even get difficult for them to persist with him much longer.
Old April 18, 2015, 03:04 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Binny is the perfect example to trash your stat against Abul, had stats been the only criterion to draft a guy in the team, Binny should have been in Indian National Team now, with BEST figure, as you say...

problem is there isn't any criteria exist in the game that justifies abul inclusion on the team ignoring players that have proven themselves in the international arena or in domestic.
Old April 18, 2015, 04:19 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

The (sad) reality is that Taskin debuted after him and has already made more of an impact than him. Yes, some bloom later than others but he's not set the domestic arena alight either.

Besides, in Bangladesh, there's no way we need more than 3 frontline pacers...so until Mash retires and either Taskin or Rubel horribly lose form (God forbid), there's no space for him.
Old April 18, 2015, 04:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

^ Agree on the first part, disagree on the second. FB's are always susceptible to injury. If I'm not mistaken Pak has already lost 3 since they began preparing for BD tour. We need at least two sets of pacers for the three different formats. Mash doesn't play tests and will be in and out of the LOI squads after having undergone 11 surgeries. There's easily room for at least 6 quality pacers if not more. I'm not totally sold on Abul yet but I'm rooting for him, I think he has potential and would like to see him do well with the A team until he's ready for prime time.
Old April 18, 2015, 07:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

Point is, with Binny's innings, fluke as it may be, he still can't even get into the Indian team whereas we carry around Abul who has absolutely NOTHING to show for, not even a fluke innings for justification. I'm only talking about bowling here, if he's being picked for batting then we have a problem.

But hey,at least he bowls like really really fast
Old April 18, 2015, 07:17 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
But hey,at least he bowls like really really fast
Debatable. He was bowling low 130s and went above 135kph once or twice. So not really as FAST as his fans claim him to be. The lack of pace can be because of his injury tho.

But pace doesn't really matter if he's a wicket-taker but Abul is not close to one, yet.

Right now he has done nothing to justify his selection in the team and that's a fact.
Old April 18, 2015, 07:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Yeh I know, I was exaggerating that bit since that is what the management rave about him, unfortunate about his back injury. What will be their excuse now?
Old April 18, 2015, 08:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
FYI, you'd be surprised to know that he hails from my home district Moulvibazar and his birthplace Kulaura is also my Nanabari but despite that I see nothing in his performance to like him a single bit.
Now I understand the problem! He's from Moulvibazar. He's a FOGA!!! :-)
Old April 18, 2015, 09:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

How on earth can you possibly possibly possibly want a guy who''s

List A stats suck
FC stats suck
Test stats suck
ODI stats suck

I sense a trend here from the above data.

I felt for the Younis fans prior to the WC for having the thankless job of defending him, but I might consider donating to the folks defending this guy, least Younis fans had tests to fall back on, this guy has zilch.
Old April 18, 2015, 10:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Politics my friend, politics in cricket. Is Mashrafe any better than Abul?
Old April 18, 2015, 10:29 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by naim519
Politics my friend, politics in cricket. Is Mashrafe any better than Abul?
I hope that was sarcasm
Old April 18, 2015, 10:40 PM

He can be the most talented bowler with the best build for a seamer we have ever produced. But he never performed! Not as a bowler. He cant even beat the local guys like Sharif, Shahadat, Robiul, Shafiul, Abu Jayed, Muktar, Nazmul, Reza in local cricket. How he makes it to the national XI is a miracle more than a mystery. I would rather have Mohammed Sharif or Farhad Reza than Abul Hasan. At least they perform in domestics.

In ranking, the best seamers in BD is,

Mashrafe
Rubel
Taskin
Al Amin
Shafiul
Mustafizur (he is climbing up)
Robiul
Shubhasish Roy(climbing up)
Shahadat
Farhad Reza
Ziaur Rahman
Nazmul Hossain

There is no justification of picking him ahead of all these bowlers.
Old April 18, 2015, 10:41 PM

He can be the most talented bowler with the best build for a seamer we have ever produced. But he never performed! Not as a bowler. He cant even beat the local guys like Sharif, Shahadat, Robiul, Shafiul, Abu Jayed, Muktar, Nazmul, Reza in local cricket. How he makes it to the national XI is a miracle more than a mystery. I would rather have Mohammed Sharif or Farhad Reza than Abul Hasan. At least they perform in domestics.

In my ranking, the best seamers in BD is,

Mashrafe
Rubel
Taskin
Al Amin
Shafiul
Mustafizur (he is climbing up)
Robiul
Shubhasish Roy(climbing up)
Shahadat
Farhad Reza
Ziaur Rahman
Nazmul Hossain

There is no justification of picking him ahead of all these bowlers.
Old April 18, 2015, 10:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

I see his potential but he shouldn't be picked over others that really deserve it and also have potential. There is no reason why bcb can't sort out a structure where steak or another quality bowling coach can work with these potentials without having to pick them for the national team just so they get the good coaches.