facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 3, 2008, 12:07 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim & Junaid
Default New Threads – Readers Views Response

This is in response to some viewers expressing an element of surprise of the volume of
threads generated.

First I would like to say to take it easy. It is for all of us to have fun and share what they feel. Besides it is a pastime for many of us to take some time off and immerse in the world of cricket with others.

Now onto the volume of threads. I have accumulated these over a period of time. I recently sought clarification on eligibility of opening a thread from Banglcricket forum staff. I got the approval yesterday and so started as of yesterday evening .Today Saturday is a holiday at Toronto and I am making the most of it .I am sure it will help all and sundry and keep them busy crciketwise. If you will notice all the threads I have opened are on topics on the critical situation BD cricket is faced with now and I thought as an avid BD cricket fan it would be nice to bring to limelight so that everybody can enjoy and share it. Some will like it some not that is understandable.
I hope this helps.

Old May 3, 2008, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

So, how is it related to Bangladesh cricket??

Plz do not open any more useless threads.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old May 3, 2008, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

you don't need permission to open a thread. Unfortunately I am yet to find one thread open by you which have any use or raise any interest on my part to post. Chill down or Read Dhurobo's post in another thread open by you.

Last edited by thebest; May 3, 2008 at 12:51 PM..
Old May 3, 2008, 12:46 PM
Cricket Sage

i'm losing interest in coming to the BanglaCricket Forum now...
Old May 3, 2008, 12:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad

Ei forum e ek matro amariii permission ache useless thread open korar.. ar karo nai...
Old May 3, 2008, 01:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Please stop it

I didn't want to post in this thread but your opinion forced me to,bhaiya please,if you think you are making all of us happy by opening millions of threads then you might be wrong,you see, BanglaCricket is a very precious thing to us bd cricket fans including you and you should understand that it is not a game,members here dont like millions of threads , they like less threads with quality in them,what you are doing is just suicide and also murder because its not only your reputation that gets ruined in bc but it is also our interest that decreases ,makes us frustrated and sometimes we become angry ,threads can be a good friend but at times it can turn into an enemy when it is opened in hurry and without quality ,please try not to open too many threads,it will do good to you and good to us, I hope this post has helped you to understand what every one wants and to understand that increasing your thread numbers isnt wise ,NOI have a nice day!
Old May 3, 2008, 05:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Hashum na kandum bujhbar partachina.
Old May 3, 2008, 05:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehteshamul
This is in response to some viewers expressing an element of surprise of the volume of
threads generated.

First I would like to say to take it easy. It is for all of us to have fun and share what they feel. Besides it is a pastime for many of us to take some time off and immerse in the world of cricket with others.

Now onto the volume of threads. I have accumulated these over a period of time. I recently sought clarification on eligibility of opening a thread from Banglcricket forum staff. I got the approval yesterday and so started as of yesterday evening .Today Saturday is a holiday at Toronto and I am making the most of it .I am sure it will help all and sundry and keep them busy crciketwise. If you will notice all the threads I have opened are on topics on the critical situation BD cricket is faced with now and I thought as an avid BD cricket fan it would be nice to bring to limelight so that everybody can enjoy and share it. Some will like it some not that is understandable.
I hope this helps.

The problem is the Threads you've created have all been discussed and it's no fun to keep beating a dead horse. Plus right now it's a little slow with topics wait till the Premier League resumes or Tri Series to give insight, keep posting don't be discouraged just take a little time to see if there been a top created use the google search in the BC homepage or just check the 2nd or 3rd page in the Cricket section to see.

Welcome to BC, enjoy your stay.
Old May 3, 2008, 06:35 PM
Banned

Default New Threads – Readers Views Response

QUOTE=cricman;687602]The problem is the Threads you've created have all been discussed and it's no fun to keep beating a dead horse. Plus right now it's a little slow with topics wait till the Premier League resumes or Tri Series to give insight, keep posting don't be discouraged just take a little time to see if there been a top created use the google search in the BC homepage or just check the 2nd or 3rd page in the Cricket section to see.

Welcome to BC, enjoy your stay.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your views.

I thoroughly review your posts and threads everyday before going to office and after coming back and so far as I am concerned I will be the last person to introduce anything that is unsubstantial and irrelevant. If you look at my thread topics these are very much related to the crisis we are having on cricket front.

The response has been encouraging I must say. There will always be a few who will differ. I am not too concerned about that.

Since yesterday and today the first 2 days I had posted new threads from topics that I ave been writing for quite sometime but was unsure whether I was eligible to do so

Since as many as 4 + threads were opened it may sound unusual for many readers as they are not used to this kind of volumes from a single source on a single day . However when I sought clarification from Cricinfo Staff about the criteria of opening threads I was never aware of limitations of number of threads from single source per day

Anyway I have summarized the responses of all my threads under the categories Positive response, Negative response, Neutral. These are pretty much documented at my end a record to verify if the threads invoked interest or not.

I am not competing with anybody here as it appears from some responses.
I must acknowledge some of the readers are smart, intelligent and have great insights
and it may be worth mentioning the name of few of them.

First and foremost is crikfreak – First class cricketer followed by Al Furqan – Cricket legend and BanCricFan Cricket Legend who actually acknowledged one of my posts as an excellent a sample of which is provided below ;

April 27, 2008, 06:03 PM
BanCricFan
Cricket Legend
Excellent post, ehteshamul! Welcome to BC!

Anyway I am too busy a person to have that kind of volume of threads on a single day in the future. I am well conversant with what goes on in the cricket world and keep a close eye on BD’s progress and banglacricket forum is a good place top share my views with other readers.
Old May 3, 2008, 06:46 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

kkhub sundor hoise,
Old May 3, 2008, 09:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Why not summarize all your points in one big essay point by point and post as one thread - "Current Crisis/Situation/Prospect of Bangladesh Cricket - A Bird's Eye Perspective" or similar header. Too late for that BTW.
Old May 3, 2008, 11:10 PM
Banned

Default Robin Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad

Hello Isnaad,

I am sad to now that you find my threads useless.

Having said that I am sorry to inform you as well that the number of positive responses I have received from my threads yesterday and today far outnumber the negative responses .This is not say I did not have negative responses. As a Human being we all differ in some ways. So it is expected there will be some who may dislike it and that is understandable.

I have a thread response summary tracker that I have documented to confirm my claims.

Just to remind you the mental capability and comprehension of people depends on
Educational, Intellectual background, knowledge and skill in the area concerned.

Consequently their perception of one aspect as useless and useful will differ.

So my question to you is do we fully understand the difference between Useless and Useful threads.

If my threads are useless then the readers who have responded positively are useless too.

Can that be a reality?

Take care.

Robin(my nickname)
Old May 3, 2008, 11:13 PM
Banned

Default Robin Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
you don't need permission to open a thread. Unfortunately I am yet to find one thread open by you which have any use or raise any interest on my part to post. Chill down or Read Dhurobo's post in another thread open by you.
Hello Best,

I am sad to now that you find my threads useless.

Having said that I am sorry to inform you as well that the number of positive responses I have received from my threads yesterday and today far outnumber the negative responses .This is not say I did not have negative responses. As a Human being we all differ in some ways. So it is expected there will be some who may dislike it and that is understandable.

I have a thread response summary tracker that I have documented to confirm my claims.

Just to remind you the mental capability and comprehension of people depends on
Educational, Intellectual background, knowledge and skill in the area concerned.

Consequently their perception of one aspect as useless and useful will differ.

So my question to you is do we fully understand the difference between Useless and Useful threads.

If my threads are useless then the readers who have responded positively are useless too.

Can that be a reality?

Take care.

Robin(my nickname)
Old May 3, 2008, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehteshamul
However when I sought clarification from Cricinfo Staff
This is a serious accusation. Please identify the Mir Jaffar among us, and we will chop off his dual staff-dom.
Old May 3, 2008, 11:20 PM
Banned

Default Robn Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Hashum na kandum bujhbar partachina.
Hello Kabir,

I would like to inform you that the number of positive responses I have received from my threads yesterday and today far outnumber the negative responses .This is not say I did not have negative responses. As a Human being we all differ in some ways. So it is expected there will be some who may dislike it and that is understandable.

Hope that helps you to figure out whether to laugh or cry.

I am sure you will do none of the above.

Guess what you will do now.

Of course you will generate a broad grin

Take care.

Robin(my nickname)
Old May 3, 2008, 11:23 PM
Banned

Default Robin Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omio
kkhub sundor hoise,
Hello Omio,

Thanks for your kind gesture.

I appreciate that

Take care.

Robin(my nickname)
Old May 3, 2008, 11:26 PM
Banned

Default Robin Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Why not summarize all your points in one big essay point by point and post as one thread - "Current Crisis/Situation/Prospect of Bangladesh Cricket - A Bird's Eye Perspective" or similar header. Too late for that BTW.
Hello One world,

A good suggestion.

I appreciate that

Thanking you.

Take care.

Robin(my nickname)
Old May 3, 2008, 11:30 PM
Cricket Legend

a highly intelligent bot?
Old May 3, 2008, 11:32 PM
Banned

Default Robin Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
i'm losing interest in coming to the BanglaCricket Forum now...

Hello Bangladesh_sy,

I would like to inform you that the number of positive responses I have received from my threads yesterday and today far outnumber the negative responses .This is not say I did not have negative responses. As a Human being we all differ in some ways. So it is expected there will be some who may dislike it and that is understandable.

Take a close look at the threads and the responses I am sure you will have second thoughts

Take care.

Robin(my nickname)
Old May 3, 2008, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
The thought tickles my intellect.
Old May 3, 2008, 11:45 PM
Banned

Default Reply From Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Ei forum e ek matro amariii permission ache useless thread open korar.. ar karo nai...
Hello Muradnyc,

The threads that I opened Yesterday and today was initiated after clarification obtained from BanglaCricket forum via email which clearly stated that I did not need permission to open a thread. I have the email to confirm that.

So don’t get me wrong.

By the way you are one of the few whose posts and threads I like.

I hope to see more of those in the future .

Thanking you.

Take care.

Robin(my nickname)
Old May 3, 2008, 11:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
That thought cam to my mind too.
Old May 4, 2008, 12:12 AM
Banned

Default Reply From Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
I didn't want to post in this thread but your opinion forced me to,bhaiya please,if you think you are making all of us happy by opening millions of threads then you might be wrong,you see, BanglaCricket is a very precious thing to us bd cricket fans including you and you should understand that it is not a game,members here dont like millions of threads , they like less threads with quality in them,what you are doing is just suicide and also murder because its not only your reputation that gets ruined in bc but it is also our interest that decreases ,makes us frustrated and sometimes we become angry ,threads can be a good friend but at times it can turn into an enemy when it is opened in hurry and without quality ,please try not to open too many threads,it will do good to you and good to us, I hope this post has helped you to understand what every one wants and to understand that increasing your thread numbers isnt wise ,NOI have a nice day!

Hello Dhrubo,

We are fellow Canadians. No need to get upset.

First Full marks to you for calling me Bhaiyya which was a good start from your end .

I am not sure Dhrubo what led you to believe I was engaged into a game.

Just for record I have an Engineering and Computer programming degree. Why would a responsible person with that kind of credentials play games ?

I think you are unnecessarily worried about 4 + threads that I opened in the last couple of days.

I understand some readers find it daunting which is understandable.

Buddy don’t worry about small things. The life of the Threads most likely will be 1 week after which it will die its natural death .

Having said that I would like to inform you as well that the number of positive responses I have received from my threads yesterday and today far outnumber the negative responses .This is not say I did not have negative responses. As a Human being we all differ in some ways. So it is expected there will be some who may dislike it and that is understandable.

Unless the quality of my threads were good the number of positive responses I have received from my threads yesterday and today would not have outnumbered the negative responses It is a Reader’s’ choice and a reality?

I have nothing against you. No hard feelings.

From today moving forward we are buddies.

Thanking you.

Take care.

Robin(my nickname)
Old May 4, 2008, 12:16 AM
Cricket Guru

eerrrrrrr.....
welcome to Banglacricket Ehteshamul Bhaiya
enjoy your stay.
Old May 4, 2008, 12:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Why dont you introduce yourself, in Introduction thread.
Right about your favourite movies in Lets talk movies thread.
Share your musical interest in What are you listening thread.
A lot of members are taking part in lot of discussions in BC, FC and IC sectiions - why not share your view points on those topics as well.
That way you will be more vibrant and active rather being concentric on personal concepts limited to the threads you opened.