facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1401  
Old January 2, 2021, 12:07 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,730

this thread + (should I buy sell thread) should have made millionaires - If you aren't at least on track , its your fault - no body else.


STOP WATCHING THE MARKET. Jump in but dont swim against the tide. INVEST for long term. There is no wrong time to enter the market. The right time is NOW, and tomorrow and the next day - rain or shine. any money sitting idle in bank should give you palpitations.
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote

  #1402  
Old January 2, 2021, 10:53 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,730

What is going on with bitcoin ? I have no idea what to do. There is no valuation metrics ..nothing I can fundemnetally justify any of my move . Just feelings.

I am so lost.
Reply With Quote
  #1403  
Old January 2, 2021, 02:48 PM
tonoy's Avatar
tonoy tonoy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 25, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 8,660

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
What is going on with bitcoin ? I have no idea what to do. There is no valuation metrics ..nothing I can fundemnetally justify any of my move . Just feelings.

I am so lost.
It will cross 100k this year. I’m so glad I got Riot. My 10% stake of portfolio in crypto more than doubled and now is at 23% of overall weight.
Reply With Quote
  #1404  
Old January 2, 2021, 03:17 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,730

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
It will cross 100k this year.
But why? Logically it doesn't click with me no matter how hard I try. Maybe I am too old now. I don't mind playing a Euphoria but I just don't wanna be a bagholder for someone else. Every thing about it giving me warning signals but it keeps going up so I am ignoring the warnings mostly.

Good for you ballsy guys with 20 to 40% cryptocurrency holdings. Mine is at 1%. In hindsight, it was a mistake, should have had around 10% or so... thought was there, execution was not.

But atleast I can say i was still a part of it
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
  #1405  
Old January 3, 2021, 03:52 AM
zman's Avatar
zman zman is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 20, 2005
Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla
Posts: 3,761

All this euphoria is probably a sign of a market top approaching. As I prepare for a correction in the upcoming months, a slowdown at the very least, I'm planning to incrementally take some risk off the table in upcoming months and rotate into more solid stocks. CRM is the ideal stock for me. I can access new projects that are floated by agencies and I see many agencies adopting Salesforce. Their recent acquisition of slack had a dilutive effect on their share value. However slack offers the perfect compliment and in the long run will add tremendous value to their suite of offerings. This will be a solid stock to invest in when times get tough.
__________________
Few things inspire us to soar quite like being really f***ed if we don't
Reply With Quote
  #1406  
Old January 4, 2021, 01:00 AM
cricman's Avatar
cricman cricman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 8, 2005
Location: Deleting Evidence
Favorite Player: Dubya
Posts: 9,997

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Cricman I just glanced through some previous posts and read this again ..didn't catch this first time ... If this thread is for education, alt thinking purpose ..I think u should look into ur asset allocation.

When ppl wrote 70/30 they usually mean 70 stocks ..30 bonds ..but your 70/30 is all stocks which I super like . That's my style.

But given ur young age (I am assuming late 20s to early 30s) , personally I do not think a stable dividend yielding etf will outperform market over decade. My opinion.

Personally I would try to pick more aggressive funds . Maybe other ppl can chime in also..proper asset allocation is always a struggle and it's a personal taste.

I think ajfar does mostly dividend stocks .. u can study how they performed over the years compared to market ..

The way I think is .. if u solely put money to yield income u will miss stocks like amzn netflix tesla that never pay dividends ..u are always buying very mature companies .

Age 20s to 40s go super aggressive ... The worst thing that will happen is u will be at zero when 40 (which is very unlikely) and be in line with general population LOL
I decided to listed listen to you. So opened up an M1 account made my own little pie

QQQJ - 25%
AAPL - 15%
DIS - 25%
BRK.B - 15%
QQQ - 10%
VIG - 10%

But gonna start at zero and have auto deposit set up every 2 weeks when I get paid. Which will be roughly 40% of my paycheck.

I probably should lower my aapl holdings to 10%, since BRK.B and QQQ also hold appl but I'm bullish on them. Their gonna get into the EV market and the iphone will be the dominant phone for the American Consumer.

DIS - Disney+ will be netlix's greatest competition & the releases of shows all have loyal followings. If the vaccine roll out is good then amusement parks will also thrive.

BRK, QQQ, and VIG are "safe plays" (Nothing is safe) for my sanity but I feel its a decent hedge. Going to roll the dice with QQQJ
__________________
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Reply With Quote
  #1407  
Old January 4, 2021, 04:33 PM
tonoy's Avatar
tonoy tonoy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 25, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 8,660

So I ended my year with 56% ytd. And on the first trading day of the year I’m up 7.5%. I’ve been reading a lot on arkg and wanted to see what y’all thought of it. I think it might not be such a bad idea to dabble in the biotech side of things.
Reply With Quote
  #1408  
Old January 4, 2021, 05:27 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,730

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman

But gonna start at zero and have auto deposit set up every 2 weeks when I get paid. Which will be roughly 40% of my paycheck.
This is the best thing I read in this thread. A 40 PERCENT SAVING RATE that will be auto invested in market will separate you from your peers in coming years. Unless you have other investment plans like properties business u can't go wrong long term.

Now ur asset allocation looks a little edgy lol . This is what I do though my asset allocation also needs review and I never quiet get it right but one thing I will never change is maxing my contributions and more. Half of the battle is here and then not choose a safe fund that don't move because u are afraid to lose money . I am 100 percent stocks

In my 401k/403b(across various accounts )
Vanguard funds passive (majority - negligible fees ) :
sp500 index
Mid cap
Small cap
Total market
Vanguard international fund

Active core (high fees) :
-US large cap growth fund.
- An active international advantage portfolio.

There is no year that I will ever contribute less than max. 19.5k a year pre tax .

Then I max roth every year (6k). First thing I did this Jan 1st. This is where I currently choose individual stocks. But probably will switch it to broader index as it gets significantly larger because successfully beating market takes a lot of time spent researching and keeping upto date. And it WILL get large (with some luck ) before u know it.

After this I have taxable brokerage account that I keep cash to jump in market for any opportunities which has my individual picks . I do my trades here ... I also do a weekly purchase of SPY in one of them to balance things out. Then I also allocate some to FOMO stuff like cryptocurrency ..IPOs.

In early years of low income I also did 40 percent for couple of years .. Now I am probably at about 20 percent but striving to make it higher.

I think more than the correct asset allocation ..getting the savings rate high to put in market will be the biggest challenge.

And do not worry about market downturn . It's good for u if you are starting . Why would u wanna buy stocks at high price... U want the market to be low and flat for some time while u accumulate (this is how u have to think otherwise u will pull out when u see red ).... After u accumulate sizeable amount that's when u want market to appreciate .

10 percent of a million in a year is so much better than 80 percent of 30k over a year.

If income is not that high ... I would still try to aim a saving percentage which you are doing and then distribute however u want among 401k/roth/brokerage/hail mary.

Turtle wins races. I can guarantee u ..you will look back and say why tf I didn't do more.
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
  #1409  
Old January 4, 2021, 05:29 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,730

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
So I ended my year with 56% ytd. And on the first trading day of the year I’m up 7.5%. I’ve been reading a lot on arkg and wanted to see what y’all thought of it. I think it might not be such a bad idea to dabble in the biotech side of things.
Congrats bro. You got the right sector. EV was good for u and may continue to be.

I bought some NIO again.
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
  #1410  
Old January 5, 2021, 03:16 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,730

Tonoy, a lot of people are talking about ARK ETFS lately most of their ETFs were top performer this year. A big reason for that is actually Tesla performance. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. Investing in it would be no different than investing in an active mutual fund. The one fund that don't have tesla is the one you mentioned the genomics fund, which actually outperformed all of them this year. Since this is an ETF you would I guess have to treat it as an active core investment and pour money regularly and hoping they can repeat beating broader index year over year. I looked up all their holdings. Their ARKK/W top holdings, I pretty much owned most sometime last two years. So to me the choices are good but you can do also do it yourself too and it's more fun.. LOL.

https://ark-funds.com/wp-content/fun...G_HOLDINGS.pdf

here are the list of all genomic stocks. this is the only one where i didn't know most of the stock and tesla missing. It seems like Genomic alteration/therapy is the next big thing. You really need IVY league grad Dr. Shaad's input - he would have been invaluable here and could have deciphered them.

we can also look through the list and pick individual stocks from those funds. Because ultimatly its really few stocks that go astronomical that give you overall good performance. ie holding mjority of tesla will make up most bad calls.
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
  #1411  
Old January 5, 2021, 03:29 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,730




very impressive woman Cathy Wood!!! I would follow her.
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.

Last edited by iDumb; January 5, 2021 at 04:03 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #1412  
Old January 5, 2021, 07:26 AM
zman's Avatar
zman zman is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 20, 2005
Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla
Posts: 3,761

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
This is the best thing I read in this thread. A 40 PERCENT SAVING RATE that will be auto invested in market will separate you from your peers in coming years. Unless you have other investment plans like properties business u can't go wrong long term.

Now ur asset allocation looks a little edgy lol . This is what I do though my asset allocation also needs review and I never quiet get it right but one thing I will never change is maxing my contributions and more. Half of the battle is here and then not choose a safe fund that don't move because u are afraid to lose money . I am 100 percent stocks

In my 401k/403b(across various accounts )
Vanguard funds passive (majority - negligible fees ) :
sp500 index
Mid cap
Small cap
Total market
Vanguard international fund

Active core (high fees) :
-US large cap growth fund.
- An active international advantage portfolio.

There is no year that I will ever contribute less than max. 19.5k a year pre tax .

Then I max roth every year (6k). First thing I did this Jan 1st. This is where I currently choose individual stocks. But probably will switch it to broader index as it gets significantly larger because successfully beating market takes a lot of time spent researching and keeping upto date. And it WILL get large (with some luck ) before u know it.

After this I have taxable brokerage account that I keep cash to jump in market for any opportunities which has my individual picks . I do my trades here ... I also do a weekly purchase of SPY in one of them to balance things out. Then I also allocate some to FOMO stuff like cryptocurrency ..IPOs.

In early years of low income I also did 40 percent for couple of years .. Now I am probably at about 20 percent but striving to make it higher.

I think more than the correct asset allocation ..getting the savings rate high to put in market will be the biggest challenge.

And do not worry about market downturn . It's good for u if you are starting . Why would u wanna buy stocks at high price... U want the market to be low and flat for some time while u accumulate (this is how u have to think otherwise u will pull out when u see red ).... After u accumulate sizeable amount that's when u want market to appreciate .

10 percent of a million in a year is so much better than 80 percent of 30k over a year.

If income is not that high ... I would still try to aim a saving percentage which you are doing and then distribute however u want among 401k/roth/brokerage/hail mary.

Turtle wins races. I can guarantee u ..you will look back and say why tf I didn't do more.
this is so true. I'm the hare that's trying to catch up to the inner turtle and finally has it in sight. This post has the best financial advice one could give
__________________
Few things inspire us to soar quite like being really f***ed if we don't
Reply With Quote
  #1413  
Old January 6, 2021, 09:53 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,730

zman whats your thoughts on cannis stocks overall from now going forward?

tonoy what else u looking at. riot looking good

i need higher risks in my portfolio.
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
  #1414  
Old January 7, 2021, 02:57 PM
zman's Avatar
zman zman is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 20, 2005
Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla
Posts: 3,761

Cannabis went thru price discovery in 2017-2018. TLRY traded between $2 and $150 before settling around $5, Aphria's trading range was $4 - $18 before stabilizing around $5. So I was ready to pounce when the cannabis sector got decimated in March. Got handsome returns from stocks like TCNNF, GTI, APHA. Recently sold most of my holdings and then bought APHA back when it went down to $6.50 for no reason. APHA was cheap when it traded 5-8 PE but can't say the same now at 30 PE. That said the stocks should continue to gain for some time due to the new cannabis friendly regime.
__________________
Few things inspire us to soar quite like being really f***ed if we don't
Reply With Quote
  #1415  
Old January 11, 2021, 01:30 AM
cricman's Avatar
cricman cricman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 8, 2005
Location: Deleting Evidence
Favorite Player: Dubya
Posts: 9,997

SO-FI SPAC anyone?
__________________
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Reply With Quote
  #1416  
Old January 11, 2021, 02:18 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,730

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
SO-FI SPAC anyone?
when and what is the ticker?
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
  #1417  
Old January 11, 2021, 12:39 PM
cricman's Avatar
cricman cricman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 8, 2005
Location: Deleting Evidence
Favorite Player: Dubya
Posts: 9,997

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
when and what is the ticker?
https://fortune.com/2021/01/08/sofi-...blic-via-spac/

$IPOE
__________________
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Reply With Quote
  #1418  
Old January 11, 2021, 02:22 PM
tonoy's Avatar
tonoy tonoy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 25, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 8,660

Praying for Tsla drop to coney for the whole week. Daddy needs to buy a new 850 LEAP
Reply With Quote
  #1419  
Old January 12, 2021, 03:26 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,730

freaken air bnb is not letting me enter a good position. Frustrating. now i am becoming like tonoy. The moment i though oh finally it's going down... but NO..

zman , i bougt some tilry as a marijuana play. I know back from couple of years ago, i didn't like the stock and it was an overvalued POS. what u think now. I havn't properly looked into the sector. It's a swing so dont wanna spend so much time on it.
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
  #1420  
Old January 13, 2021, 09:25 AM
zman's Avatar
zman zman is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 20, 2005
Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla
Posts: 3,761

Wish you had bought couple of weeks ago when I alerted. These stocks have gained 50% since then. Good move nonetheless especially for a swing trade. TLRY used to be one of the worst cannabis stocks. It got attention only because Peter Thiel invested in it. Their cost of production is almost 3 times more than Aphria. As a standalone company they'd never become profitable. However the two companies decided to merge recently which was a shocker to me. I don't know why Aphria agreed to it, only thing that makes sense is to increase their global footprint. Anyway long story short TLRY stands to gain way more from this merger than Aphria. The price of Aphria and TLRY stocks are now directly correlated. Just keep one thing in mind for your swing trade. Aphria reports earning tomorrow. Usually there's a huge pump going into earnings and then a dump right afterwards. I'll unload half my holdings going into earnings. Won't be too surprised if there isn't the usual dump this time since fundamentals have changed. There will be lots of ups and downs in the short term but in the long term they should do well unless there's an overall market correction.
__________________
Few things inspire us to soar quite like being really f***ed if we don't
Reply With Quote
  #1421  
Old January 13, 2021, 01:19 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,730

Thanks .. yeah man give me updates.. it's hard and takes a lot of effort to look up everything. You are right should have entered couple of weeks ago .. been showing interest till that long lol.

But up 15 percent already ..question is should I close the position??
Reply With Quote
  #1422  
Old January 13, 2021, 01:56 PM
tonoy's Avatar
tonoy tonoy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 25, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 8,660

Still praying for tsla to drop another 200 bucks. Come on trumpo, do something stupid once more before you leave...
Reply With Quote
  #1423  
Old January 14, 2021, 10:01 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,730

Sometimes I feel like I am just a lucky guy. this is funny money.. LOL .
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket