facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old April 13, 2006, 03:30 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Itis funny that people are still asking for JO's head even after good opening partnerships in both innings. Can not blame the players if fans themselves are this type of impatient.
I agree with you hundred percent ... The second innings was a total failure of middle order ... Rather, I think our two tail batsmen Shahdat and Enamul should have some batting practice ...their batting is too childish!!

Old April 13, 2006, 03:31 AM
Street Cricketer

I am an Indian cricket fan. But, in general, I appreciate good cricket, no matter which country. CONGRATULATIONS to Bangladesh for a great TEST. Wished I had watched it live, but followed on websites.
If u have VIDEO or highlights, post the URL.

I am very SAD to note that some of u are bashing ur team in the aftermath of a defeat. This is a proud moment for ur country that they have shown that they earned the name of a highly competitive Test team. This should be kept in mind, victory would have been sweet, sure.

But, dont bash ur team in this Forum. That shows lack of appreciation for the fight by Ban players. Ofcourse all teams (incl. India suffering poor form of Sehwag/Kaif) needs improvements. Keep playing this way, and it will be good for future.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:57 AM

JO didnt gift away his wicket? Why was he slashing at a good length ball outside off stump from Gillespie then? Those are deliveries test batsmen have to leave, and it was a classic test match dismissal - the way he got out. Much like how Brett Lee departed off Mashrafee today. Except that JO was attempting to play the ball with his 4 inches of bat's width instead of a good 2 and a half feet of straight-bat willow! This new look JO is most disappointing! I preferred his old style 100 ball 10 run innings much more. We kept him around for all our tests because of that! He doesnt have to prove anything to us, except that he wont gift his wicket away! Same goes for everyone else!
Old April 13, 2006, 04:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Its really a difficult call for JO. He has not thrown away his wickets true!! very true!!

But he has not done enough to keep his place in the side, I beleive. The opening stands are mostly due to contribution from Nafees.
Not really true: In first innings when JO got out he was 27 and Nafees was 19, so i am not sure whos contribution was higher.
Old April 13, 2006, 04:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Regardless to say we lost, we earnt some respect and that is much more than anything else.

Play like this in 2nd test and fight harder in 2nd innings we have proved that we can play against the best.
Old April 13, 2006, 04:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengali_bradman
I think JO has changed his batting style recently ..he is more agressive recently ...and that's because of pressure on him ...But he was much better as an anchor ... Just play 100 balls ... even 10 runs from 100 balls is okay ...when opponent bowlers bowl you hundred times without success, you become a pain in the a** for them ...then you start getting loose ball ... Recall his hundred against pakistan ...that was a real innings ... I think he should not be condemned that much ...

Quote:
Ashraful and Aftab are quite different player compared to JO. Ash and Aftab can be match winner at any day, has got lot of abilities which failed to be translated in first test but every possibility is there in the second test. JO is a player of limited ability, Nafis Iqbal has got better shots compared to him.

See the differencs of comments of two of our members on JO. SO you see what he should do to satisfy us all.
Old April 13, 2006, 05:11 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Its really a difficult call for JO. He has not thrown away his wickets true!! very true!!
Did you watch his 2nd innings dismissial?

Everybody is blaming Bashar and Aftab for their getting out cheaply. But almost nobody will criticize JO even though he threw away his wicket in a similar fashion.
Old April 13, 2006, 05:15 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by istiak
See the differencs of comments of two of our members on JO. SO you see what he should do to satisfy us all.
He can't do anything to satisfy anyone. It's beyond his ability. Team management should replace him with Nafees Iqbal.
Old April 13, 2006, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i feel like we just lost the world cup.
Old April 13, 2006, 08:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

50 more runs, no way Australia could win this one. Anyways, that wasn't the case so hats off to both teams for competing. I am sure the next one will be more exciting.
Old April 13, 2006, 09:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Let's not talk about what would/could have been, rather what it is right now. We are still making silly mistakes especially in 2nd innings, we can do much better than that. Our top 5 batsman as good as any International player (except few). I am very happy and proud, our lower order needs to be fixed (aftab & mashud). As for Basher, we need to check if his mother is still sick.
Old April 13, 2006, 12:50 PM
Club Cricketer

batsmen dont win cricket matches. its the bowlers. we need another bowler beside rafique who is capable of taking five wickets on regular basis.
Old April 13, 2006, 01:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

There are few mistakes our players have made which could have reversed the outcome of this test match. But at the end of the day, I am so proud of our boys. They are the real heroes of the country. My hats off to all of them. Let's get ready for some *** kicking in the 2nd test.
Old April 13, 2006, 04:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumit
batsmen dont win cricket matches. its the bowlers. we need another bowler beside rafique who is capable of taking five wickets on regular basis.
Sure!! However, if batsmen don't put up the numbers on the board that becomes the reason for losing. Last checked cricket is still a batsman's game. More true if you think of Bradman, Hanif and co.
Old April 13, 2006, 06:03 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimraj
There are few mistakes our players have made which could have reversed the outcome of this test match. But at the end of the day, I am so proud of our boys. They are the real heroes of the country. My hats off to all of them. Let's get ready for some *** kicking in the 2nd test.
I meant kick some aussie ***....
Old April 14, 2006, 01:19 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumit
Very much right... But if you look at the improvement graph of our batting and bowling side, I will definitely say that the bowling side has improved much more ... They can bowl out a team now-a-days, which was really deifficult before whatmore joined the team. .. But the batting side is still irresponsible ... Except JO(though he seems out of form recently) and RS(his last three innings), none of the Batsmen has the temperment of sticking to the crease for hours ... Just look at the batting of Ponting and Hayden ... Stick tight to the ground ...Loose balls are sure to come!! ... I am really worried about shahriar's performance in the second test ...
Old April 14, 2006, 01:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
Did you watch his 2nd innings dismissial?

Everybody is blaming Bashar and Aftab for their getting out cheaply. But almost nobody will criticize JO even though he threw away his wicket in a similar fashion.
One dismissal is not everything ...How often does he do that is the question ... Our younsters like Nafees, Ashraful, Aftab do it more often ...and of course Habibul ...our players should learn how to stick to the ground for hours even without run ... If you are set on ground, you will surely get loose ball.. Make the bowlers impatient by your patience ...that's Test Batting ...just look at Hayden and Ponting's innings ...
Old April 14, 2006, 10:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

1st test shows three key things:

1. How irresponsible and sloppy is Bashar and how helpless is BD team in terms of capatinship on the ground.
2. Ashraful and Aftab are liabilities for BD test team..they are okay for the ODI team.
3. We need Rasel more than Enamul for breakthroughs in the important times.
Old April 15, 2006, 01:10 AM
Club Cricketer

Luck fever those who deserve...............

We were just unlucky...
Old April 15, 2006, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilas
Luck fever those who deserve...............

We were just unlucky...
We were not prepared to win,thats all.
That is nothing to be ashamed of,we will be prepared to win soon,after this performance.
Old April 15, 2006, 09:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Time to shut this thread and move on to the next match. We will show up this time.