facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 30, 2006, 11:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Bangladesh play poorly. Ohhhhhhh wait a second.... Bangladesh beat India in ODI, Didn't we? If we play so poorly how can we beat India? What is the performance of India in Champions Trophy. Mediocre at best.

India is afraid to get some more losses from bangladesh. All the dumb excuses are to cover their shame of mediocrity.

Old October 30, 2006, 12:53 PM
Cricket Guru

I guess this thread needs Moderator's attention, as it is going out of control and we can not check our emotions.

Why not just wait and prepare for the World cup instead of whinning!!! We have tons of work to do and in world cup we better show performances this time!
Old October 30, 2006, 01:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

tigers eye said it as well as anyone

the only smart response to his comments is

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 30, 2006, 01:56 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default I don't agree with BCCI on this issue(not hosting)

I don't belong to whom this thread has been addressed to.So, I don't know if it is appropriate for me to leave my opinion here.

I have been put off by some of the anti-Indianism comments in some of the threads so I stayed away from those.Put your venom against BCCI,hate it,castigate it ,fine,it's justified but why involve Indian people in general .There are 1 billion Indians and there will some bad/nasty/obnoxious ones and certainly they don't represent the whole lot.Even Indian media is not happy or against the decision of BCCI not hosting Bangladesh.I find it hard coming back to this forum also the problem is I don't like the indian cricket forums(Jingoistic and so many reasons) ,so these days I visit a SriLankan one and I like it

There are areas(like Eastern part) in India where crowd will throng to see the Bangladesh stars ,right now they are not much aware of the players,wch will definitely change once they come.

I don't agree at all with BCCI's logic/excuse in not hosting the youngest Test playing nation.We should encourage the the new Test playing nations,it's good for Cricket.

In India fans will come to watch an ODI match involving the host nation vs any Test nation.If host nation is not there,their 2nd choice surprisingly is any match involving Pakistan vs other.Some die-hard fans go to watch a match not involving India or Pakistan as either of the sides;Star value (like Lara ,an Example )is the reason,but that number is not much.So,it was not a wonder that even Aus vs Eng in this Champions Trophy had very poor crowd.Maybe Diwali on that day and steep ticket prices( for Indian lower middle class standards,in a small city like Jaipur) were
other significant factors.

BCCI cited poor crowd as the reason,I differ simply because there are enough venues in India ,where people will come to watch the host nation play,maybe not a fullhouse but almost.Besides,venues like Kolkata where people are quite cricket crazy (sometimes very emotional like the ugly incidents against SL in world cup ,Ind vs Pak where it had to be played without spectators,Kapil's exclusion and Gavaskar said he will never come back to Kolkata....etc ) will surely love to see India play with Bangladesh.They can surely host 1 Test match in Eden-Gardens (if it is a One-test
match series) and include either Guwahati or Jamshedpur(for the 2nd test,if it is a 2-test match series but I am not sure about Test match facilities there).And say,3 ODI's or a tri-series with another team can be easily hosted in some cricket hungry cities,which get a Cricket match once in 5/6 years or maybe more.There will definitely be crowds in the ODI's (atleast above 75%) .Crowd In Test cricket is anyway poor here but it won't be much different from say against NZ or England.

TV revenues will surely cover up all the loses (if any) .On the contrary it'll generate Profits,maybe not huge but definitely some.And we all know where the profit comes from.I say to BCCI ,why not try atleast once instead of counting hypothetical financial loses.

BCB should not under any conditions agree with BCCI on this matter and some political good-will and pressure if initiated should pressurize BCCI.(it's purely my opinion).No use depending on ICC wch frankly don't have the guts to take on the BCCI.

Finally.My opinion as an indian fan is that BCCI should host Bangladesh Cricket Team.

Last edited by Captain; October 30, 2006 at 02:02 PM..
Old October 30, 2006, 02:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I must thank Captain for his nice constructive post.

Please do visit us, time to time.
Old October 30, 2006, 04:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain
BCB should not under any conditions agree with BCCI on this matter and some political good-will and pressure if initiated should pressurize BCCI.(it's purely my opinion).No use depending on ICC wch frankly don't have the guts to take on the BCCI.
Good response to the issue Captain. But can you please clerify (just for my understanding) why you said that ICC can't frankly have the guts to take on BCCI?