facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 17, 2013, 07:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun petr
What can u do When Muhammad Islam is always focusing the dark side of Bd cricket???? I am just now hating this man....always gave false prediction and now on with his negative reporting.....i just don't get it.
Number 1 reason so many things are wrong with our country. Instead of getting pissed off at the BCB guy for lying through his teeth and making a mockery out of BCB (and not for the first time too) you some how found a way to find fault of the journalist.

Its a journalist job to report the tough question and news not suck up to them as if he is their spokesman. If you are not livid at Mr Jala Yunus's lies (again), you should be.

Old January 17, 2013, 08:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
^ I cant see anything negetive in this news report. tbh I was very surprised to see Hooper's name in that list at very first place. Reporter clearly said BCB media committee chairman Jalal Yunus as his reference for this false news. Forget about quality atm, Its very clear that they are struggling big to manage even candidates for this post. I suspect even Hooper felt embarased to connect his name with BCB, and denies his candidacy now.
Jalal just said they are interested nothing else....Islam vai colored with rainbow. "We know that Carl Hooper is interested in taking the job." ----- that's what jalal mia said............what's wrong with it????
Old January 17, 2013, 08:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun petr
Jalal just said they are interested nothing else....Islam vai colored with rainbow. "We know that Carl Hooper is interested in taking the job." ----- that's what jalal mia said............what's wrong with it????
Check what the news states and now guess who is lying here.
Quote:
"I was asked if I was interested, said I wasn't and that was the last I heard of it," Hooper told The Advertiser (most popular SA newspaper). "I was hoping Bangladesh would retract what they have apparently said that I was 'interested in the job'. I have not applied and I am not interested. I am happy at Woodville."
Old January 17, 2013, 09:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
Check what the news states and now guess who is lying here.
noone is lying here....u didn't get me did u??? what i was saying that what's the meaning of focusing this news with four eyes????? Hooper told this on a Aussie newspaper but Islam mia took it to Crapinfo. It's upto u......u want to judge glass was half empty or half inundated.
Old January 17, 2013, 12:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

Carl Hooper told "NO" ....Now please don't bother who told truth or lie. Concentrate on next coach.
Old January 17, 2013, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

I think we should get Shane Warne as coach
Old January 17, 2013, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
I think we should get Shane Warne as coach
or on second thought, maybe not. I would love one of the Australian greats to take on Bangladesh, someone like Ricky Ponting or Michael Hussey
Old January 26, 2013, 10:25 PM
Cricket Legend

So Shane Jurgensen for Sri Lanka series because we couldnt find a decent replacement according to DS. http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=266647

This is good thinking from BCB. No point going after an average coach with little or no experience . I reckon we should wait until IPL finishes to make a move. Always a chance some coach will get axed presenting us with an opportunity. Till then let SJ continue.
Old January 26, 2013, 10:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I like Shane. BCB can take their own time, but don't get some pathetic third grade Coach. SJ is doing well at the mo
Old January 28, 2013, 02:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
I like Shane.
Me too. Save money in Head coach, and spent money and surrpond him with good specialized coaches and we will get some stability and consitent better results over time. I think Shane has a better chance to be a successful head coach than a bowling coach. Bqasically he need to manage the coahces and the players and motivate them.... he will be a "technical" manager.

... but the key for his success is to surround him with some good specialized coahces.
Old January 28, 2013, 02:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

It's working well ATM with Shane. lets keep him, and see how it goes in Lanka and if BD do well in that tour then surely he has to be given the full time job
Old January 28, 2013, 05:04 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anamul

I'm not surprised why no person would want to coach Bangladesh because we hardly play that much anyway and until that changes, the problem in finding a hungry coach will remain.
Old January 28, 2013, 05:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
I'm not surprised why no person would want to coach Bangladesh because we hardly play that much anyway and until that changes, the problem in finding a hungry coach will remain.
... on the other hand .. as we play less, that may attrack other kind of hungry coaches.... i.e. less work ... more vacation.... less stress ... more restaurant to test.... easy money.
Old January 29, 2013, 02:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Disagree Spiderman. We cant attract a top coach for several reasons. Competitions like IPL allow coaches to earn a lot of money in a limited period of time, allowing then to relax for the rest of the year. So before IPL etc the coaching pool was large, same cant be said now. And then theres the Bangladesh issue. BCB is notorious for interference, mismanaging, dirty politics. No coach has left the job a happy person from Greenidge to Pybus. Living in Bangladesh is not easy for an expatriate. Sri Lanka for example can attract top coaches possibly at less dollar. Why? Because Sri Lanka cricket is run by professional people who are supportive and easy going. Sri Lanka is also a fantastic place to live in-very easy, peaceful life. This is how they get big name coaches one after another- Tom Moody, Trevor Bayliss, Geoff Marsh, Graham Ford. I dont think BCB pays less. Its just coaches dont find our role that appealing. Hence the likes of Greatbatch are interested in the job because they cant get anything elsewhere.
Old January 29, 2013, 09:12 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Read Richard McInnes' comments about no progress and you will find the true reasons why BD cannot attract or keep any top quality coaches.

Therefore only two types of coaches are likely to consider: 1. A coach looking for a stepping stone onto a better role or 2. A coach with little or no experience at this level

Pybus realised this immediately. Law lasted 12 months. The guy who wanted to stay (Siddons) was sacked.

If there is going to be interference and inaction in cricket planning then best bet is to appoint a local coach and just get on with it. After all, it is the players, not the coach, that goes onto the field. And particularly with Bangladesh, a coach's influence is far less than in most other countries for the reasons McInnes gives.
Old January 29, 2013, 10:56 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

If we cannot find alternatives then we should make a move to secure SJ until the world cup. The choice to keep him on a series by series basis might not be left to us for too long because he might also find other job and leave. What will we do if that happens? We need stability more than anything else right now so my vote is to continue with the current coach who successfully oversaw a series win against WI
Old January 29, 2013, 11:09 PM
Cricket Legend

SJ might provide stability but what about development?
Old January 29, 2013, 11:20 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
SJ might provide stability but what about development?
Obviously it is the need for development that is driving BCB to look for coaches of higher caliber but if we cannot find one then it is better to secure the second best option which is available. What we don't want is to get another big-shot coach who will come with big ambitions only to be left frustrated by the BCB and then leave right before the world cup.

Right now we already have a core group of players like Mahmudullah, Shakib, Mushfiq, Mash, Razzak and Tamim. These guys have been through the development process and are ready to deliver right now. What we are lacking is pace bowling for which it will be much easier to hire someone and can be short term.

My solution is
-Continue SJ as head coach with focus on team composition, setting game plans and as much individual skill development that can be expected of him

-get a pace bowling coach to stop Shafiul and Rubel from regressing further

-continue with Saqlain for the spinners
Old January 29, 2013, 11:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Well said Jadukor. Just hope we dont muck up with Saqlain. We could also do with a specialized batting coach. Note how well Tamim did under Siddons, and not a couple of weeks after that started playing poorly in batting friendly wickets.

I still feel BCB is barking up the wrong tree. We dont need a big name high profile coach. To BCB and a lot of us fans we want big name people- Tom Moody, John Wright, Bucanan, Lehmann, Wasim Akram, Steve Waugh. Even our ex president wanted Ganguly. We need to be realistic in our expectations. We need to revaluate our definition of a good coach. If i brought up the name of a Sri Lankan coach by the name Chandika Haturasinghe most of you would have negative associations. But he is currently the head coach of New South Wales. There are plenty of coaches like these who are not exactly high profile but can do a good job for us. Geoff Marsh, John Dyson are two veteran coaches with so much of experience. I never see their names pop up. The late Eddie Barlow was not exactly a high profile coach, but our then president knew his ability and had the vision of bringing him on. Look at the development he did in a short period of time.
Old January 30, 2013, 09:30 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anamul

If we are looking for a coach then it might as well be a Bangladeshi i.e the current Syhlet Royals coach because a Bangladeshi coach can communicate effectively with the players and the players will understand their role much better might as well try and give it a go if not then keep S.J. and make him a permanent coach besides, we won the ODI series against Windies and did well in the test series after that long gap. No coach even the best in the world can bring the Bangladesh team to the top.

I agree our board is utterly unprofessional and probably don't know much about Cricket but because of that, you can understand why no one wants to coach the Bangladesh team anymore because of the way other coaches in the past were harshly treated. This same board BCB was the one that cancelled our test series against Australia (whom we haven't played since 06) and New Zealand in late 2010 and early 2011 and last year, a 5 match ODI series with Sri Lanka keeping our team and us fans isolated from Cricket for a long period. I really hope something is done to get rid of them and have proper people in charge otherwise Bangladesh Cricket will be obliterated.
Old January 30, 2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
If we are looking for a coach then it might as well be a Bangladeshi i.e the current Syhlet Royals coach because a Bangladeshi coach can communicate effectively with the players and the players will understand their role much better might as well try and give it a go
Not sure u can base a T20 few matches success as a gauge for having a national head coach from a franchise!

The reasons a BD coach should be local is that the foreign coaches get too frustrated in BD with the ways of what happens and doesn't happen. It isn't about communication with players therefore, it is about being allowed to do your role effectively.

Fans put far too much faith in a Head Coach and far too little in the players. SJ will get dropped just as fast as he was hired as a stand in, if the team doesn't do very well. It's just the way things are and I see foreign coaches wanting less and less to have that experience.
Old January 30, 2013, 03:44 PM

কোচ পাচ্ছে না বিসিবি

বিপিএলের মাতাল হাওয়ায় বিসিবি এতটাই গা ভাসিয়ে দিয়েছে যে, যেন ভুলেই গেছে সামনে শ্রীলঙ্কা ও জিম্বাবুয়েতে জাতীয় দলের পিঠাপিঠি সফর। বিপিএল শেষ ১৯ ফেব্রুয়ারি, শ্রীলঙ্কা সফর শুরু হবে ২৮ ফেব্রুয়ারি। মাঝে অনুশীলনের সময় নেই বললেই চলে। ২ এপ্রিল শ্রীলঙ্কা থেকে ফিরে পাঁচ-ছয় দিনের মধ্যেই ধরার কথা জিম্বাবুয়ের বিমান। অথচ জাতীয় দলের জন্য এখনো নতুন কোচ খুঁজে পায়নি বিসিবি! খবর নেই নতুন ফিল্ডিং কোচ বা ট্রেনার নিয়োগেরও। শ্রীলঙ্কা সফরেও তাই ভরসা মানতে হতে পারে ভারপ্রাপ্ত কোচ শেন জার্গেনসেনকে। বিসিবির ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগের প্রধান এনায়েত হোসেন অবশ্য কাল টেলিফোনে বললেন, ‘এখনো কিছু চূড়ান্ত নয়। ৩ তারিখ ক্রিকেট অপারেশনসের মিটিং। সেখানে সব ঠিক হবে।’

কোচ খোঁজার কাজে যে অগ্রগতি, তাতে ৩ ফেব্রুয়ারির সভায় ঠেকার কাজ কীভাবে চালানো যায়, সে সিদ্ধান্তই হবে সম্ভবত। একটি সূত্র জানিয়েছে, বিসিবির হাতে এই মুহূর্তে এমন কেউ নেই, যাঁকে শ্রীলঙ্কা সফরের আগেই দায়িত্ব দেওয়া যায়। যাঁরা হাতে আছেন, তাঁদের কাউকে আনার চেয়ে জার্গেনসেনকে দায়িত্বে রাখাই ভালো। আগ্রহীদের মধ্যে দু-একটা হাই প্রোফাইল নামও আছে। জাস্টিন ল্যাঙ্গার একজন। তবে সূত্র জানিয়েছে, পরিবার ছেড়ে আসতে হবে বলে বেতনটা নাকি পাইবাসের চেয়েও অনেক বেশি চাইছেন সাবেক এই অস্ট্রেলিয়ান ব্যাটসম্যান। বিমান টিকিট ছাড়া মাসে ২০ হাজার ডলারের বেশি পেতেন পাইবাস।

উল্টোটাও আছে। বিসিবি আজ বললে কালই ঢাকায় উড়ে আসতে রাজি, এমন কোচও আছেন দু-একজন। জাতীয় দলের সাবেক কোচ জেমি সিডন্স তাঁদের একজন। প্রধান কোচ নয়, শুধু ব্যাটিং কোচ হিসেবেও বাংলাদেশ দলের সঙ্গে কাজ করতে রাজি এই অস্ট্রেলিয়ান। নিউজিল্যান্ডের ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে সিডন্সের দলে খেলা তামিম ইকবাল দেশে ফিরে এ নিয়ে বোর্ডের দু-একজন কর্মকর্তার সঙ্গে কথা বলেছেন বলে জানা গেছে। কিন্তু সিডন্সের প্রশ্নে বিসিবিতে এখনো দুটি ধারা—একদল তাঁকে আনার পক্ষে থাকলেও আরেক দল মনে করে, সিডন্স আসা মানে দলের মধ্যে বিভাজন তৈরি হওয়া। নিউজিল্যান্ডের সাবেক এক ব্যাটসম্যানও বাংলাদেশের ব্যাটিং কোচ হতে প্রবল আগ্রহ দেখিয়েছেন। কিন্তু খেলোয়াড়দের অনেকেই তাঁকে চান না। এর আগে কার্ল হুপার আর ক্রেগ ম্যাকডারমটের নামও শোনা গিয়েছিল। হুপার অবশ্য পরে বাংলাদেশ দলের কোচ হওয়ার আগ্রহ প্রকাশের কথা অস্বীকার করেছেন।

শেষ পর্যন্ত নতুন মুখ না এলে দেশি-বিদেশি ‘স্টাফ’ মিলেই শ্রীলঙ্কা ও জিম্বাবুয়ে সফরে যাবেন।
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...31/news/325467
Old January 30, 2013, 04:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Read Richard McInnes' comments about no progress and you will find the true reasons why BD cannot attract or keep any top quality coaches.

Therefore only two types of coaches are likely to consider: 1. A coach looking for a stepping stone onto a better role or 2. A coach with little or no experience at this level

Pybus realised this immediately. Law lasted 12 months. The guy who wanted to stay (Siddons) was sacked.

If there is going to be interference and inaction in cricket planning then best bet is to appoint a local coach and just get on with it. After all, it is the players, not the coach, that goes onto the field. And particularly with Bangladesh, a coach's influence is far less than in most other countries for the reasons McInnes gives.
Dear coach thanks for your comments. Siddons+Ian+Julian combination worked really good for our cricket. May be he is not a bad batting coach But Siddons was never ever a good head coach. Still BCB has continued him for around 4 years. To me it was enough for Siddons and we have shown enough respect to him as per his caliber. Siddons was sacked this word also looks a bit harsh on me,rather BCB did not renew his contract for 2nd time.
Old January 30, 2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Dear coach thanks for your comments. Siddons+Ian+Julian combination worked really good for our cricket. May be he is not a bad batting coach But Siddons was never ever a good head coach. Still BCB has continued him for around 4 years. To me it was enough for Siddons and we have shown enough respect to him as per his caliber. Siddons was sacked this word also looks a bit harsh on me,rather BCB did not renew his contract for 2nd time.
It is actually since the sacking of JS that you can see the downward issues over the coaches.

JS wanted to stay, Julien Fountain wanted to stay (and agreed with a handshake to Lotus, only to be replaced by Jason Swift when Julien left to attend his dying father), and I would have stayed if the contract had been a different one.

So the BCB had those opportunities, but chose for a variety of reasons to break up the JS-JF-IP coaching arrangement that was genuinely building momentum.

It isn't for me to say whether the fast bowling has gone up or down since, whether the fielding has improved or not, or whether the head coaches have made a huge difference as JS did for Shakib and Tamim.... but the problems now being suffered can be traced back to the sacking of JS onwards
Old January 30, 2013, 10:14 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Mr. Ian,
First of all, thank you for sharing your valuable thoughts that too in the middle of BPL.

Quick question...You know we are looking for a qualified coach who is willing to stay in BD. And we have a new BCB Chief. Would love to see you back coach. Any possibility?