facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old October 6, 2013, 01:28 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Obayed bhai, Nice animation .

Feeling a bit worried about the match now.

I may sound a bit superstitious, but we usually lose when you open a very fancy match thread. I hope on this occasion we will have better luck.

May be you should open simpler match threads.

Old October 6, 2013, 02:03 PM
Club Cricketer

whats the weather forecast
Old October 6, 2013, 03:32 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Cricket Web's fantasy league anyone..... then create a team. Looks Cricket Web has separate tournament for Test,ODI and T-20.

First one is TEST.

http://www.cricketweb.net/fantasycricket/index.php

If there is anyone interested then will create a thread.
Old October 6, 2013, 04:04 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
New Zealand will be beaten by an inning, PM will announce a billion bucks worth of prize money, Dr. Mokhles Showdagor from Dholaikhaal will announce free dental for players and staff for life, Anamul Vijay will make the headlines with cheesy one-liners and Ian Pont will open a thread on how unfortunate the practice match washout was for the Kiwis.
Eh?

Cholo Bangladesh....
Old October 6, 2013, 04:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Hope our boys will be ready for the likes of Bracewell, Wagner, and Boult. Coach Bond already said they were going to attack our batsmen with their pacers. I have confidence that Tamim, Shakib, Mushy, and Nasir will be able to handle them. Anamul, Marshall, Naeem and Riyad are in for a test as they are still unproven against quality attacks at the Test level.
Old October 6, 2013, 04:53 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Old October 6, 2013, 06:44 PM
Cricket Legend

^ A little bit annoyed to watch our boys practice batting against spin bowling when they should be preparing for a barrage of pace.
Old October 6, 2013, 07:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

team will be this i reckon:

1 tamim
2 anamul
3 marshall
4 mominul/naeem
5 mushy
6 shakib
7 nasir
8 riyad
9 sohag
10 robiul
11 rubel

they seem to have put marshall in that #3 spot already just because of one performance in one practice match against domestic BD players, i hope marshall does well and that it doesn't backfire.

they have no other openers so anamul must be opening. tough to know if they'll go with mominul or naeem at #4 because mominul was in the last series and did well but he got that place due to naeem being injured and naeem got a ton in his last series.

shakib and mushy are obvious but the order might change, nasir i expect at #7 because he's done so well there. they've made it obvious that riyad will play unless they're trying to play mind games with NZ and make them think riyad will be in the team when he won't be, and they'd be mad if they're planning playing riyad at #4 instead of mominul/naeem so that's why i expect him at #8.

sohag may not have the best test average but he's come back to form a bit in the DPL and has been an integral part of the bowling unit since his debut. robiul obviously due to his recent test exploits gets the nod and i think they'll go with rubel because he's in pulled up similar numbers if not better than al amin in DPL but he's already got international and specifically test experience.
Old October 6, 2013, 07:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
^ A little bit annoyed to watch our boys practice batting against spin bowling when they should be preparing for a barrage of pace.
hopefully it's just the clip they shot/wanted to show rather than how the entire practise session went. surely they've been practising against pace as well and hopefully more than they have against spin. of course they still need to practise against spin, can't just stop practising against spin but for a series like this they probably should do a bit more against the pacers than they usually do.
Old October 6, 2013, 07:45 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

good work..... Yes we will.
Old October 6, 2013, 07:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Hope our boys will be ready for the likes of Bracewell, Wagner, and Boult. Coach Bond already said they were going to attack our batsmen with their pacers. I have confidence that Tamim, Shakib, Mushy, and Nasir will be able to handle them. Anamul, Marshall, Naeem and Riyad are in for a test as they are still unproven against quality attacks at the Test level.
Agree...
Old October 6, 2013, 07:57 PM
Banned

Everything is looking helpful & hopeful.... Beside rain. Not sure match will start on time? I like to see we r playing at chitagong..... Hate to see always rain there when we r playing...
Old October 6, 2013, 08:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
team will be this i reckon:

1 tamim
2 anamul
3 marshall
4 mominul/naeem
5 mushy
6 shakib
7 nasir
8 riyad
9 sohag
10 robiul
11 rubel

they seem to have put marshall in that #3 spot already just because of one performance in one practice match against domestic BD players, i hope marshall does well and that it doesn't backfire.

they have no other openers so anamul must be opening. tough to know if they'll go with mominul or naeem at #4 because mominul was in the last series and did well but he got that place due to naeem being injured and naeem got a ton in his last series.

shakib and mushy are obvious but the order might change, nasir i expect at #7 because he's done so well there. they've made it obvious that riyad will play unless they're trying to play mind games with NZ and make them think riyad will be in the team when he won't be, and they'd be mad if they're planning playing riyad at #4 instead of mominul/naeem so that's why i expect him at #8.

sohag may not have the best test average but he's come back to form a bit in the DPL and has been an integral part of the bowling unit since his debut. robiul obviously due to his recent test exploits gets the nod and i think they'll go with rubel because he's in pulled up similar numbers if not better than al amin in DPL but he's already got international and specifically test experience.
Im sure alamin & razzak playing..... So u have to cut 2 name from ur squad.... I will cut robiul& naeem.
Old October 6, 2013, 08:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricbook
Im sure alamin & razzak playing..... So u have to cut 2 name from ur squad.... I will cut robiul& naeem.
i doubt robiul will will be dropped, he's been our best pacer by a mile in tests recently. razzak may play but i think sohag has just as good of a chance or maybe better due to the test wickets he's already got plus being an integral part of the test bowling recently. plus gazi has 26 wickets in his 6 tests and razzak has 18 wickets from 9 tests, razzak was never integral in tests, gazi has been, gazi played tests recently, razzak hasn't, gazi offers variations with his offies, razzak doesn't being an SLA. those are the reasons i believe sohag will be selected ahead of razzak.
Old October 6, 2013, 08:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
that's one reasons why we should probably give anamul an extended run in tests. he doesn't get to face quality pace bowling in domestic cricket. mushy was not very good against quality pace bowling earl on in his career, actually it took him awhile to really get the hang of it and be able to handle it consistently. i know anamul doesn't have the technique of mushy but he has other attributes that mushy and the others have never had and the more he plays at international level the better and the more he'll improve imo.
Old October 6, 2013, 08:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
that's one reasons why we should probably give anamul an extended run in tests. he doesn't get to face quality pace bowling in domestic cricket. mushy was not very good against quality pace bowling earl on in his career, actually it took him awhile to really get the hang of it and be able to handle it consistently. i know anamul doesn't have the technique of mushy but he has other attributes that mushy and the others have never had and the more he plays at international level the better and the more he'll improve imo.
Simon Doull during a WI/NZ Test match stated that a WI/NZ player should get a run of 10-12 Test matches before getting thrown out completely from the side because the adjustment from their FC domestics to Tests is a big adjustment.

Now think about us. I doubt our FC domestics is any better than. NZ or WI. I'd say it's worse. Especially compared to NZ. So I agree, we gotta give players time before we chuck them out. So the likes of Marshall, Anamul, and Mominul should be in or around the side and be given a run.
Old October 6, 2013, 08:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricbook
Multiple reports have said Al-Amin and Razzak are unlikely to play in the 1st Test.
Old October 6, 2013, 08:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Simon Doull during a WI/NZ Test match stated that a WI/NZ player should get a run of 10-12 Test matches before getting thrown out completely from the side because the adjustment from their FC domestics to Tests is a big adjustment.

Now think about us. I doubt our FC domestics is any better than. NZ or WI. I'd say it's worse. Especially compared to NZ. So I agree, we gotta give players time before we chuck them out. So the likes of Marshall, Anamul, and Mominul should be in or around the side and be given a run.
assuming the selectors pick the correct players then yes, of course who the right players are is subjective, nazimuddin has a great domestic FC record and even scored some runs in his limited test experience but he was the wrong selection (i think almost all would agree) and he got axed quite quickly in tests despite scoring some runs. hopefully for the most part they do pick the right players. similar thing should probably happen for the A team, especially with the really young players (not so much with the older ones).

i actually think it is good that they've pretty much made it clear that marshall is in line for the #3 spot, so now marshall knows that's going to be his spot, hopefully they don't shuffle him around the order so he can get a good feel and adjust to test level and the #3 spot. also by saying marshall is in line for #3 they are pretty much telling anamul we are pushing you as an opener so he also knows what his role is to be, it's also telling naeem and mominul to prepare for the #4 position.

it seems that they are managing the batsmen quite well atm, for the bowlers i think it's pretty obvious robiul is considered as the spearhead of the attack and rightly so at this point. if sohag does play they are sending the message that he is the first pick spinner (considering shakib as an all rounder).
Old October 6, 2013, 08:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Multiple reports have said Al-Amin and Razzak are unlikely to play in the 1st Test.
yes, personally i'd prefer al amin to play ahead of rubel but it seems unlikely.
Old October 6, 2013, 09:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
assuming the selectors pick the correct players then yes, of course who the right players are is subjective, nazimuddin has a great domestic FC record and even scored some runs in his limited test experience but he was the wrong selection (i think almost all would agree) and he got axed quite quickly in tests despite scoring some runs. hopefully for the most part they do pick the right players. similar thing should probably happen for the A team, especially with the really young players (not so much with the older ones).

i actually think it is good that they've pretty much made it clear that marshall is in line for the #3 spot, so now marshall knows that's going to be his spot, hopefully they don't shuffle him around the order so he can get a good feel and adjust to test level and the #3 spot. also by saying marshall is in line for #3 they are pretty much telling anamul we are pushing you as an opener so he also knows what his role is to be, it's also telling naeem and mominul to prepare for the #4 position.

it seems that they are managing the batsmen quite well atm, for the bowlers i think it's pretty obvious robiul is considered as the spearhead of the attack and rightly so at this point. if sohag does play they are sending the message that he is the first pick spinner (considering shakib as an all rounder).
Exactly. I think selectors could tell that Nazim wasn't international material so that was the right call to cut him off early for guys like Anamul, you have to give them a run before cutting them off.
Old October 6, 2013, 09:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Exactly. I think selectors could tell that Nazim wasn't international material so that was the right call to cut him off early for guys like Anamul, you have to give them a run before cutting them off.
nazim was obvious before they even selected him for the test side though. he had already had a number of runs in the t20I and ODI team and although he's always been weak in those formats, even domestically, it was pretty obvious he wouldn't have been able to survive at test level. the other thing with nazim is he was older, in his prime and pretty much past his development stage by the time he hit the test XI. anamul is very much still in his development stage, players that are still developing should almost always get a longer run than someone older, mature and more experienced.
Old October 6, 2013, 09:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
yes, personally i'd prefer al amin to play ahead of rubel but it seems unlikely.
I was thinking the same but his longtime coach and mentor coach Imran Sarwar said recently that he's an exciting talent but he still has a lot of work to do on his run up and action.

So it might not be a bad decision to have him sit on the sidelines and continue to touch up his skills before being thrown in. Especially when Robiul is there and Rubel has shown good form as of late. Al-Amins time will come soon I'm sure.
Old October 6, 2013, 10:10 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

What sort of strategy will we go with is the question. Are the selectors expecting Ryad, Naeem, Nasir and Mominul to take wickets? How are they evaluating Shakib's form?
If we go with only three specialist bowlers (Two Pacers+ Shohag/Razzak) then I would say it's a huge gamble on Shakib. I would go with four specialist bowlers + Shakib so that we can get the 20 wickets to win. Perhaps one bowler will be underused but it will give us a variety of wicket taking options.
Old October 6, 2013, 10:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
What sort of strategy will we go with is the question. Are the selectors expecting Ryad, Naeem, Nasir and Mominul to take wickets? How are they evaluating Shakib's form?
If we go with only three specialist bowlers (Two Pacers+ Shohag/Razzak) then I would say it's a huge gamble on Shakib. I would go with four specialist bowlers + Shakib so that we can get the 20 wickets to win. Perhaps one bowler will be underused but it will give us a variety of wicket taking options.
Well since Riyad is most likely batting at #8, I'm thinking that they'll use him as the 5th bowler/3rd spinner.

Like you said, it's more pressure on Shakib but selectors probably feel that with NZ being a poor spin playing team and our tendency to collapse in batting, that Riyad is the option to go with at #8 rather than Razzak.

In WI series, Riyad did end up being valuable there and had he not been there, we'd have been in much worse shape. Maybe that's why selectors are wanting to bat up to 8 any the reason why coach Ian is backing this idea.
Old October 6, 2013, 10:39 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Like you said, it's more pressure on Shakib but selectors probably feel that with NZ being a poor spin playing team and our tendency to collapse in batting, that Riyad is the option to go with at #8 rather than Razzak.
The 2010 NZ team was poor at playing spin but the current team drew the Test Series in Sri Lanka by winning the 2nd Test at Colombo. It would be a huge gamble to expect an out of form Shakib to find form and run through this NZ batting order. The only positive thing is Guptil is injured which means our major worries our limited to Taylor and KS Williamson on the batting front.

I also don't understand why we are playing on a pitch the home side has never played on