facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 30, 2004, 03:16 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyisland
It's really a shame that we are discussing our player's religion in the board. Who cares who is what..Let's talk about cricket.
well said

Old April 30, 2004, 04:04 PM
Cricket Legend

well amar mone hoi prithibir shob playerder modhhe bishesh kore musolman playerder modhhe shob cheye dharmik hochhe sayeed anwar. i really admire him for his religousness. usually playerder religion gollai jai bishesh kore musolmander aro beshi. tobe saeed jokhon rojar shomoy dhakay eshechilen tokhon amar sposhto mone ache tini kotha bolte channi shangbadikder shathe karon tini kintu roja rekhechilen. echara sayeed kintu dario rekhechilen. jodio tar dari rakhata onekta tar konnar mrittur shoker karone. akhon ager shai kothai fire jete chai je bangladesh dol a kintu confirm dujon hindu player ache tara hole taposh boishho ebong alok kapali. shutorang it is 15:2. so there is no point of saying that players in our team is chosen based on their religion. dannabad.
Old April 30, 2004, 06:04 PM
Street Cricketer

Are u mad.????!!!!!!!!!
Hannan Is one of my best friend. From my school. We both play together in Jack team in Khilgaon Govt. High school. He is muslim. No dought about that.
Old April 30, 2004, 06:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by al Furqaan
i used the word kafir both because it is easier to type than 'non muslim' and also because i wanted to see what the response would be from banglacricket's mostly muslim readers.

=====del=====

there shouldn't be a stigma for people to practice the relgion that they believe in, whatever that relgion might be.
Al, I believe you got you answer and can see that is an offensive term. Please don't use it anymore. If you look around, the 'non-muslim' world is as diverse as it can get and looking at everyone in an 'us and them' view would do injustice. Let me give you an example. If someone divided the world into two groups - 'Christians and Heathens' - how would you feel being lumped sum with all the other 'lesser' religions? What you are saying (Only two groups of people, Muslim and Kuffar) is nothing short of being an Islamic Supremacist. And it can lead the society into very ominous states by leading the Muslims think that their religion is better than that of others. Please try to understand that there are many good things in other religions too and we must appreciate others to live in harmonious world . This is a plague in today's Muslim youth and someone must start talking about it.
Old April 30, 2004, 07:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default yea

to be honest, it shouldnt matter to a non muslim to be called kafir. xtians do not, but if they did call me a heathen, i really wouldnt care. some xtians have told me that, if i dont believe in christ as lord, i will go to hell. do you think that scared me? no because i dont believe in the same things that they do. its just like calling muslims non-christians, or gentile (hebrew: goyim), or non-hindu, or non-buddhist or whatever. if they dont believe in Islam they shouldnt worry being considered disbelievers.

the real problem is when non-muslims feel marginalized in society. they fear for their well being is compromised because of their beliefs. this attitude is not unfounded. in fact, it shows that muslims should interact peacefully and justly with those who treat us with peace and justice. the word 'kafir' will then not be an issue. the fact is that the word is termed offensive whenever it refers to a minority. the fact of the matter is that in the quran there are no other words to describe non-muslim. the majority of meccans were kuffar. so the word in and of itself is not offensive, rather it is the manner in which it is used. i meant it in no biggoted manner.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by al Furqaan]
Old April 30, 2004, 07:49 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default enough already!

Lets drop this kafir issue. Every one's concern and Al furqan's explanation have been duly noted. No more discussion on this please. This word has been put on Banglacricket "no no list" from now on. Lets move on.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by pompous]
Old April 30, 2004, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I think we had a Hindu wicket keeper in the national team a couple of years ago...don't remember his name though...
we have hindus in our soccer team as well...in fact we had a hindu captain just recently...so it's like - you're picked if you're good enough, and the selection process is independent of the players' religion...

and...Hannan Sarkar is Muslim of course...the name speaks for itself...Hannan can't be Hindu...

Besides my great great grandfathers were a bunch of Sarkars, yet they used to pray on a "Jaay Namaaz"...
Old April 30, 2004, 10:30 PM
Club Cricketer

Default hindu

ATLEAST CRICKET BOARD IS FARE .WE ALL TOGETHER ARE BANGLADESHI .............
I WANT TO HOIST MY FLAG UP ........RELIGION DOES'T MATTER.........I HAVE FAITH ON BCCB
Old May 1, 2004, 01:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default WHAT????

we have hindu players in our team??? who did this? Kill that [ED]

We need some female in our team as well to show equal rights!

it's funny how this thread got so many replies .....to such an innocent query...

ALLAH HAFIZ!

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by Orpheus]
Old May 2, 2004, 05:27 AM
Club Cricketer

Thanks for posting, everyone!

I admire and appreciate all those who answered honestly, without trying to smell a nonexistent rat.

Thanks to those as well who pointed out the systems that are prevalent in Bangladesh1

[edit]

Anyway, I have never stopped myself from asking a 'politically incorrect' question! Will never do so in the future as well!

Thanks!

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by chinaman : Moderation. See my post below]]
Old May 2, 2004, 08:21 AM
Club Cricketer

I think Yousuf Yohana is not the first
Christian player played for Pakistan.
Wallis Mattews (sp?) also played for
Pakistan earlier.
Old May 2, 2004, 10:17 AM
Retired BC Admin

Dear Sourav

Please do not make offensive and / or flaming comments. Please be sensible when asking sensitive questions.
Old May 2, 2004, 10:30 AM
Cricket Legend

What did he write?
Old May 2, 2004, 11:51 AM
Cricket Legend

I don't think he is going to tell us. I wish I read it before chinaman came here :P
Old May 2, 2004, 11:58 PM
Club Cricketer

Youhana is the 4th Christian actually.
Though he is the first Christian to captain Pakistan.

To Chinaman:

That was a flame? Hmmm? I am learning. I thought that was normal straight-talk

Errm, some of the responses were far far far more provocative. And of course, I was tottally sensible while asking whatever I asked. Though I guess you edited more than what you 'should have'.

But still, it's your prerogative!

To Arnab and Carte Blanche:

What did I say? Okay, I will u2u it to you guys some time. Right now I am way too busy with a friend's wedding and the accompanying fun ;-)