facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 22, 2004, 06:25 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by mba
Dear
Sorry to disturb you all and thanks all for not understand that what I really mean! For your kind information my user name mba- means: m for Mamoon and ba- my wife & son. I don't like to mention my educational background here.Please don't write with this issue. Actually we people don't know how to evaluate & honour others openion. Criticizing is blööd related in öur character. I'm feeling shame to be a member of this web. Sorry for writing this.
Wish you good luck
Zafor Mamoon
SIDA;Stockholm, Sweden
bro, this is the only bangladeshi cricket site on the web. in other words, it represents bangladesh cricket. and we fan are a fan of this site as well. please retain yourself from posting negative comment about this site. if u don't like it, otherwise just [].

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by AgentSmith]

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by pompous : please don't use that kind of language. Lets be dignified in our responses.]

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by AgentSmith]

Old April 22, 2004, 06:34 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

ok mate calm down. Pls ignore my previous reply.
Old April 22, 2004, 07:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

MBAs English is kind of out of sorts... maybe we should encourage him to write in Sweedish... just a silly thought about this fruitless topic...
Old April 22, 2004, 11:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Edited on, September 22, 2005, 10:08 PM GMT, by Carte Blanche.
Old April 23, 2004, 12:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

I think you guys are being too harsh on MBA. Let him get used to the ways of banglacricket. I'm a bit puzzled by why all of you are downplaying the value of education. Don't forget that education does have some value. It can teach you humanity, analytical skills and make you a better learner.
Old April 23, 2004, 12:43 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

He deserves this. Before supporting him pls read all of his threads.
Old April 23, 2004, 12:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default mba

I stand corrected on the significance of your nick, and it was not my intention to attack you personally (and none of the other members), rather to debate your point of view. You are welcome to post your views but be prepared to cop some criticism and disagreements with your point of view once in a while because that is what a discussion board is about. As you can see, with regards to this particular post of yours, most members tend to disagree.

And I also urge other members of our board to keep their responses dignified, respectful, to the point and avoid making personal judgements, no matter how outrageous and outlandish a comment may seem to you. Thanks

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by pompous]
Old April 23, 2004, 01:30 AM
BC Editorial Team

Default I looked up the word IRONY in the dictionary ...

And it was defined as "a tragically comic situation; such one where someone who has difficulty putting together even a properly constructed English sentence, pontificates on the necessity of formal, classical education to excel in the sporting arena and then scores of erstwhile well educated, (and well respected, by me) posters feel the urge to dignify a moronic comment with responses"

Sorry, I tried to stay out of this flame-war, but I just couldn't resist anymore.
Old April 23, 2004, 06:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default To mba: we are still curious what you mean!!

Quote:
Originally posted by mba
Dear
Sorry to disturb you all and thanks all for not understand that what I really mean!....Please don't write with this issue. Actually we people don't know how to evaluate & honour others openion. Criticizing is blööd related in öur character. I'm feeling shame to be a member of this web. Sorry for writing this.
Wish you good luck
Zafor Mamoon
Excuse me bro!!.. but everyone here is saying their opinion and sharing their knowledge here on ur topic...
I wonder why u chose to say sorry and quite instead of really explaining what u do mean (as u already said no one can understand wht u mean!).. with logic and examples...!!!
Old April 23, 2004, 08:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Say wrote:

Quote:
Ok the Dr.s among us, please get ready for cricket again. We are sending you to BKSP for trainging.
I'm puzzled as to what the writer was trying to say.
Old April 23, 2004, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by reinausagi
Say wrote:

Quote:
Ok the Dr.s among us, please get ready for cricket again. We are sending you to BKSP for trainging.

I'm puzzled as to what the writer was trying to say.
tongue in cheek... extrapolating from mba's post - since there are some here who profess the title doctors perhaps they can be outstanding cricketers and take Bangladesh to the next level. So "say" is hoping that these people get some cricket refresher courses at BKSP and take the helms of Bangladesh cricket. We can be world beaters

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by Zunaid : responded in the wrong place]
Old April 23, 2004, 09:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

I get it now.:lol.
Old April 23, 2004, 10:23 AM
ODI Cricketer

if we had a women's team, I'd send the lady dr.s to BKSP as well...

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by say]
Old April 23, 2004, 11:52 AM
Cricket Legend

In a long line of increasingly useless threads and posts on banglacricket.com, this one wins grand prize. Sometimes, less is more.
Old April 23, 2004, 12:16 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Hey, what're you talking about?

Quote:
if we had a women's team, I'd send the lady dr.s to BKSP as well...
Old April 23, 2004, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
ai thread ar mane ta kintu ami thik buzhlam na. buzhiye bolle bhalo hoto. dannabad.
Old April 24, 2004, 04:20 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

I just wanted to put my 2 cents .. ooooops, dropped it ... awright, i'll get serious:

MBA bhai, hoping to hear more from you. I guess some of the 'kids' were a little harsh and after reading your post, I can understand their reaction as well. Apni holen purano ghoranar manush, ajkaal kaar polapine oto kichu bujhena.

IN any case, this thread almost died and I don't want to renew it. Just wanted to welcome you to the board and one last thing - you should feel proud to be a member of this board. The members here are die hards Bangladesh fans and you really have to give them credit for it. We blindly support a team who took five years to win an ODI and has not managed a 'real' result in any of their test matches and yet, these fans stay up all night to follow our every match.

As for respect - it works both ways. Chotoder jodi amra na shikhai, ora shikbe kotha theke ? We hope you'll join us during the BD tour of WI. Once again, welcome to the board.
=================

FRB bhai - khela bondho, tai shobai ekta kichu pelei excited hoye jaai (aamio hotam but aami to early stage ta miss kore felechi).

Bepaar holo, MBA bhai wanted to share his point - BD cricket needs 'educated' players as he believes that an educated player will be able to follow instructions. He also wanted to know the educational status of our players. Unar lekhar dhoroney kothata ektu bhinno bhabe beriye esheche.

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by tehsin]
Old April 24, 2004, 10:03 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
Hey, what're you talking about?
nuttin... these swipes were meant for those few people in this board who has earned the highest laurels from their respective academic suits. I understand this is just another jokes-gone-bad.
Old April 24, 2004, 12:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

I don't know why I am adding my opinion to this extraordinary thread. A few people here know my age as I had discussed this when I joined last year. So I should have understood Mr. MBA's post better than most others. Unfortunately, I did not find his reasoning logical, though he has a right to have an opinion.

The only benefit of doubt that I can give him is that may be he did not mean what he said. There have been examples given here of Tendulkars and Wasim Akrams and our Rafique. There have not been too many of Brearley's or Srikkanth or Anil Kumble's that the world has seen.

I am all in favor of education as are most people, but believe me that does not have much to do with cricketing abilities.

But let us not go on all out attack on this Mr. MBA
Old April 24, 2004, 05:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Hey guys I am a bit late on this thread, but here is my opinion on this:

Suppose you held all other things constant (talent included); would you prefer to have a more educated cricket team rather than less?

I think the answer is yes. Someone who is better educated will be more likely to analyze the situation better and make better decisions. And clearly, our batsmen need to make better decisions!

But it is important to remember that we should not choose education at the expense of talent. The example of Tendulkar and others mentioned earlier calrify this point.

Mr. Mba makes a very valid point, but he put it across very badly.

I think that getting talent is by far the most important part of selection/coaching. But giving our talented cricketers some more formal education is not a bad idea at all...

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by Piranha : Typo: (haha, good catch AgentSmith)]

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by Piranha : more typos]
Old April 24, 2004, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Piranha
Mr. Mba makes a very valid pint...
only one pint? i think its a whole barrel. of bangla of course!

i think i misspell things most. still cant resist myself, telling this. its a huge barrel of deshi raw wine.
Old April 24, 2004, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Long Live this thread!
Old April 28, 2004, 09:37 PM

Default is this only me?

Quote:
by mba:
Dear Brothers
Hello! after my openion I've received lots of fireball even personal attack.You know that the path(age) you're walking now I've passed 10+ years before. In this age I was also hot like you. I specially want to talk to them who are now in outside of Bangladesh, actually in one sence they're representating our country please at least learn from others how to honour people. Mind it if you expect honour you've to give honour first.
I again saying that Cricket is a game of literate people. It is a game of temper, if you're not able to check your temper you never understand/play cricket. Now you brothers understand why educational plat-form is essential? So think what is happening among the players/others in Bangladesh. Only ideal education bring good performance as well as tolerance limit in long-run.
You people can say anything as your age but I didn't mind. Someone are very good in English. Some wrote about Sweden, I just want to mention that I've visited lots of country in my professional life as United Nations, SIDA, ILO representative and I found that Sweden is one of the best country for living if you've any relative in Sweden you can ask them about it. In Sweden I found 98% people understand and speak English. It may not be upto the mark of some of you brother. At least they've the knowledge of honour and unlimited tolerance otherwise Scandinavian (Norway) couldn't work to meet-up the problem between Govt. and Tamil Tiger in Sri-Lanka. Even US and UK tried it but fail. Thats why I wrote that You know what is Bangladesh?We people don't tolerate other.
I'm sorry to write such thing. I welcome all types of criticism but not personal attack.
Best wishes
Zafor Mamoon
SIDA; Stockholm, Sweden

Every cricket fans should agree that cricket is a game of literate people, which involved temperment and passion. We can find those qualities in other country's players. For the improvement of Bangladesh cricket team the selectors and coach should find such good educational background players so that they can really understand what the coach says and what to do in the field. I really want to know, the educational status and from which educational institute the present players come from? Obiously atleast the literate cricket fans can understand where is the difficulties through this statistics of Bangladesh cricket team.
Best wishes
Zafor Mamoon,
Stockholm,Sweden
Working in SID
and here is the posting by suds:
Quote:
by: suds
It was very pethetic see how mr. mba was delt with. I know it is not a school where members shoud teach pepole how to del with others, keeping in consederation others' sense of self-respect. But I geuss it was hursh for him to be scolded in such a way by most of the members (off corse not all, some were simpethetic and some mentained a niutral stand seemingly enjoing the hole event). Daspite the priveiling thinking that some pepole are incoregible, pepole here could have worked more posetively and constractivly in helping Mr. mba corecting his problem of atitude, as to me, nobody is complitely incoregible. There are lavels of incoregibelity. And how petiently and skilfuly one can del with others' incoregibility reflects one's matority, which, by the way, might always be a never ending proces.
Anyway, thes are all what I think, and everyone has all the rights to disagree. But I geuss it is never a bad thing to reconseder one's actions, and to look for poseble places of refinment, in spite of the fact that, given the ego that we all have, we are ofen not very receptive of others advise.
That said, I mysalf found all the mambers of this website to be wondarful with sporadec wayward behevor, which is nevar a thing that we can complitly write off.
As for Mr. mba, the pruf that that event did not go very wel is that this is a bangladesh criket fan website and even thoug he naver actualy said anything aginst bangladesh criket or bangladesh, right now he is not being seen activly in this website, in spite of the fact that some will say that it is his problam that he is not hare. I hope he is still there and enjoing this wondarful website

Must it be you to figure that out! Well, malice wasn't in the 'intention list', from my part

now, after reading the two postes in each qoute, do u guys think what i'm thinking? if not, here is some fact:
#pethetic, openion.... just coincidence?
#mr. suds registered today, and his first post was about mba. one of the thread opened by mr. mba (the original one) is not on page one of the threads anymore. someone just registered, went to second page to read about something and then post a comment about it is ok. but specially nothing about cricket but mba. coincidence?
#suds coming is just after mba disappers. coincidence?
#first day, first post. coincidence?
#equally large number of misspelling. coincidence?

sorry i can't think so.

I believe suds is mba. sorry bro, we did dealth with u in a bad way. your coming back proves u are a true bd cricket fan too. so lets forget all misunderstanding and start from beginning.
Cheers.
Old April 28, 2004, 10:12 PM
Retired BC Admin

Please don't jump into conclusion like that. They are not the same person. Not even geographically close.

Once and for all, I urge all of you to put behing the mba debacle. Let's forget whatever happened and move on. Don't you think we have enough already?
Old April 28, 2004, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

but i dont believe it though...lol