facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 3, 2011, 07:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion
Default I hate to say this but....

Please dont get me wrongg...please...indians deserved the world cup, they were the better team, but what i am going to say right now is nothing to do with them, or else people might misunderstand i am implicity not givinf credit to India...my question is regarding the final itself....i dont want to believe, but those small things keep haunting me.....if anyone saw the live telecast of the final....have u seen that missed runout chance by sanga while gambhir dived, and the misfield of malinga to allow the ball to cross the boundary rope...why does it look to me that they WERE DELIBERATE....although i dont want...I mean there is no excuse....because in both the cases....sangkkara's jump was very unnatural, he's done some great stumpings and runouts, and regarding malinga's misfield, dew shouldnt be an excuse, because he dint even try to get a get a finger to it....why do i feel that this was SCRIPTED.....people might talk to me then tendulkar should have got a hundred if it was scripted, but leave all that aside...i am a cricket fan itself, and i hate to say all these things, but those two instances has been haunting me for the past two days.....and i just want all the members to express their viewpoints about those two instances itself and not derail the topic that if this was fixed, if this was that and all.....
PLZ TALK guys

Old April 3, 2011, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
PLZ TALK guys
Not really.

I am speaking entirely as myself, but I am getting extremely tired, annoyed and exasperated at all the conspiracy theorists crawling out of the woodwork.

Can you possibly conceive of the amount of deception and number of people involved to make this happen?

If India and Sri Lanka can pull this off, they would also have put a monkey on the moon by know and a woman on Mars and a man on Venus.
Old April 3, 2011, 08:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Old April 3, 2011, 08:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
Please dont get me wrongg...please...indians deserved the world cup, they were the better team, but what i am going to say right now is nothing to do with them, or else people might misunderstand i am implicity not givinf credit to India...my question is regarding the final itself....i dont want to believe, but those small things keep haunting me.....if anyone saw the live telecast of the final....have u seen that missed runout chance by sanga while gambhir dived, and the misfield of malinga to allow the ball to cross the boundary rope...why does it look to me that they WERE DELIBERATE....although i dont want...I mean there is no excuse....because in both the cases....sangkkara's jump was very unnatural, he's done some great stumpings and runouts, and regarding malinga's misfield, dew shouldnt be an excuse, because he dint even try to get a get a finger to it....why do i feel that this was SCRIPTED.....people might talk to me then tendulkar should have got a hundred if it was scripted, but leave all that aside...i am a cricket fan itself, and i hate to say all these things, but those two instances has been haunting me for the past two days.....and i just want all the members to express their viewpoints about those two instances itself and not derail the topic that if this was fixed, if this was that and all.....
PLZ TALK guys
My dear Ace of BD, what you think of the newly founded religion called Ellipsis?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 3, 2011, 09:51 PM
Cricket Sage

I swear some of you guys are too much. Ok we get you are not happy with India winning the Cup. But guess what they won, so deal with it. If it kiils you that much than just take a break from cricket. By all means please spare us from the crazy conspiracy theory.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old April 3, 2011, 10:18 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dravid

@Ace of BD -If this was not scripted,who do you think would have won the cup?
Old April 3, 2011, 10:30 PM
Banned

Guys dont misunderstand me....i am just talking abt that two instances, maybe scripted wasnt the right thing to say, but were Sanga and co. forced into playing like that....they just dint look like lankan lions out there
Old April 3, 2011, 10:32 PM
Banned

And i have cleared myself in the first three lines.......its nothing to do with Inida here
Old April 3, 2011, 10:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
PLZ TALK guys

Isn't it entirely possible that they just screwed up on those two plays.... It's a final. Players get nervous, especially in the oppositions home crowd. Just because of two plays, you want to call fixing/scripting?

And honestly, do you really think they would throw the world cup final... Honestly... The amount of honour this will bring to them and their families.

As for Sangakarra's jump, he jumped cause the throw was off. If he didn't, it would have been a misfield.
Old April 3, 2011, 11:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Arrey rakhen dada...ki je bbolchen mosai.,..mishti khawan miah mishti khawan agey...!! Faltu kotha baad den aar jilipi/chotpoti etc khawan!
Old April 4, 2011, 12:05 AM
Banned

man..i feel a lot beeter....when i think bout it..tbh guys....i was getting affected by reading various reports.....i agree i got into the trap...wheewww thanks for u guys.......i slowly was starting to believe in all this load of bs
Old April 4, 2011, 12:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Ace of BD, was sachin also being 'forced' to play badly against pakistan ? truth is, even greats have their bad days and the pressure of a WC final gets to them. sanga just had an off-day in the field.
the whole Indian team was physically sick throughout the tournament out of mental stress alone, yuvi couldn't sleep and was vomiting, bhajji had digestion problems and so on.

these guys are human too.
Old April 4, 2011, 12:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

now people know

How WELL + Sensibly Bangladesh Batted against the to be world champs on February 19th 2011...
and how fielding first was indeed the correct decision...now people know! even if it was against a mighty batting lineup: our bowlers just had stage fright that day. That's all folks! otherwise, we could have very easily restricted them below 300 if the world cup hype and emotions didn't get to their heads. but why blame them? they are young... and they are just learning how to deal with media hype + pressure. i would cut them some slack on this one!

my point is essentially this:
Eventually, to be successful in international cricket: Bangladesh Cricket Players need to learn how to handle Fan pressure. perhaps SR Tendulkar can give our players some 'tips' on this issue! if we do not overcome fan expectation then forget 58 and 78 all out..we will see more of them!
Old April 4, 2011, 12:58 AM
Cricket Legend

If SL were destroying everyone before them, I would be suspicious. But India on paper were the better team, that said I dont think we should a knee jerk reaction to every so called conspiracy theory.
I personally found the body language of the Sri Lankans after the 10th over onwards to be very very negative
Old April 4, 2011, 01:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

india also chased down a similar target against Aussies .....
Old April 4, 2011, 02:35 AM
BC Editorial Team

There is no shortage for conspiracy theories. From today's Daily Times which is the second (?) biggest newspaper in Pakistan :

Quote:
The IT hubs of Bengaluru worked overtime to provide Tendulkar the escape in the Decision Referral System (DRS) when he was actually plumb on an arm ball of Saeed Ajmal.
Unfortunately, the idiots of Bengaluru forgot to mess with the UDRS when Sehwag was out in the semifinal and the final.

http://dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp...4-4-2011_pg3_2
Old April 4, 2011, 02:53 AM
Administrator

For all the amazing geniuses at the IT hub at Bengaluru, doesn't India have the worst UDRS success rate this WC? No wonder all the IT work is now moving further offshore to Vietnam.
Old April 4, 2011, 03:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
For all the amazing geniuses at the IT hub at Bengaluru, doesn't India have the worst UDRS success rate this WC? No wonder all the IT work is now moving further offshore to Vietnam.
nope, sri lanka, NZ and IIRC pakistan all have worse success rates. India's success rate was around the median value.

what has UDRS success rate got to do with IT hub anyway ?
Old April 4, 2011, 03:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Zunaid, Hi. Your comment on Vietnam caught me by surprise. I travel to Ha Noi once a month. We have implemented some solutions for Vinafone and Mobifone - two of their largest Mobile operators. The problems that we face there are (a) Lack of English speakers (b) No home grwon software support and (c) Lack of dedicated data centres.

In terms of strategic gaps, considering the fact that I actually interact with Software engineers in Vietnam - Vietnam is behind India in capabilty by as much as Surinam is to the US. The gap even in Tier 1 capabilities would mean 22% growth year on year for the next 40 years for them to catch up with India. Forget for a moment moving up the value chain - just basic data centre operations, availability of E1, T2, T3 Line capability will take a minimum investment of USD 500 mill and around 10 years. Satellite availability is very very low. So no, as of now - we don't have to worry about competeing with Vietnam - my required presence there every month is a fair proof of that fact - or else I would have to look for newer opportunities......cheers
Old April 4, 2011, 03:49 AM
Cricket Legend

I think he was joking there.
Old April 4, 2011, 03:57 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I hate to say this .......

I just read the whole thread.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 4, 2011, 04:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

One of the funniest thread ever.
Old April 4, 2011, 04:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
I think he was joking there.
You think?

Old April 4, 2011, 04:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Zunaid, Hi. Your comment on Vietnam caught me by surprise. I travel to Ha Noi once a month. We have implemented some solutions for Vinafone and Mobifone - two of their largest Mobile operators. The problems that we face there are (a) Lack of English speakers (b) No home grwon software support and (c) Lack of dedicated data centres.

In terms of strategic gaps, considering the fact that I actually interact with Software engineers in Vietnam - Vietnam is behind India in capabilty by as much as Surinam is to the US. The gap even in Tier 1 capabilities would mean 22% growth year on year for the next 40 years for them to catch up with India. Forget for a moment moving up the value chain - just basic data centre operations, availability of E1, T2, T3 Line capability will take a minimum investment of USD 500 mill and around 10 years. Satellite availability is very very low. So no, as of now - we don't have to worry about competeing with Vietnam - my required presence there every month is a fair proof of that fact - or else I would have to look for newer opportunities......cheers
Could ...... not .... resist .....(j/k, please read after the picture)

Off topic: I have had offshore teams in several countries - India, Costa Rica, Russia so am familiar with the scene. I have used developers from Kalyan Rao's new group (he of the Satyam fame) and I think if anything India needs to cautious about East European competition more than Asian particularly because India appears to be moving out of the low skill data entry, phone support outsourcing to higher value work. In fact, I did an ROI and it started to get cheaper for me to higher in US developers than offshore developers for the kind of high-end work we did - the time to market offset any minor $ savings. Unfortunately for me, I could not opt for Bangladesh as the net infrastructure is not there yet - my work involves massive amount of data processing both locally and on the cloud.
Old April 4, 2011, 10:13 AM
Banned

With an angry and judgmental local press on side and the soothing consolation of the President of the country on the other, the die-hard cricketing nation seemed to be stuck in between.
The blame game began and this website has recorded hundreds of comments on reasons why the team lost.

Some of them range from the genuine – bad selection - to the bizarre, match-fixing.

While Sri Lanka's defeated cricket team returned home Sunday to calls from state-run media demanding a probe into "blunders right from the start".

Blessings were showered on Kumar Sangakkara's men in a religious ceremony after a red carpet welcome at Bandaranaike airport.

The cricketers, cheered by fans on the roadside, left in a motorcade for the city's Independence Square where they were welcomed with traditional dance and more flag-waving supporters.
Off-spinner Muttiah Muralitharan, the highest wicket-taker in tests and ODIs, retired from international cricket after Saturday's match and could not hide his frustration.

"(It was) a little bit disappointing because my main aim was to win the World Cup but unfortunately we couldn't do. India was a better side on the day," Muralitharan said.
"... we couldn't crack their side especially because in the middle part, spinners didn't take enough wickets. If I or Suraj (Randiv) took a few wickets then the story would have been different."
However, argument was still rife on Emirates24|7 with despondent fans refusing to let the match-fixing angle go.

One reader Majith lashed out: “Sangakkara sold the match. He should been investigated by ICC. This match was fixed. Politicians in in Sri Lanka are involved in this match fixing...”

King Dutugamunu added: “This match was fixed. end of story. if anyone has any doubts watch the match again and see how the SL players on the field and the guilt on the faces. Especially how Malinga walks back to his mark to start bowling. Sangakara's guilty face and no leadership display on the field.”

And Paul adds: “Match was sold . After the first 2 wickets were gone instructions went out to bowl friendly balls. Not even the run rate dropped. Only one good bowl sent by mistake had Gautam out. Don't worry our boys will get more money than winning the game.”

Then showing the divide on how the fans were handling the loss, came comments of praise and justification.

Ekanayake says: “Well-Done boys! You have been wonderful right throughout the tournament. Yes we missed the Cup for the second time, but don't forget that India struggled 28 years to get there. Cheer up boys and start today. 2015 is ours. I don't think journalists could do anything better. Three hearty cheers to Sri Lankan team!”

To which Tilak Ratnasekera added, “I love SL cricket. They lost to the best team in the world. Please don't bring in unnecessary politics and try to show off that you could have selected a better side, not that I agree with the dropping of Mendis or Sanga not bringing Murali after Malinga's early success. Mahela was great. Yes it would have been a fitting finale to the greatest spin bowler Murali if we won. Let's start now to get the best for the next World Cup.”

Needless to say it will be some time before the debate dies down.

ICC rubbishes match-fixing allegations

A media official of the International Cricket Council (ICC) James Fitzgerald when contacted by Emirates 24|7 refused to comment on allegations of match-fixing.

“We don’t comment on speculation by the public after each and every match,” he said from New Delhi.

Asked whether there had been any investigations of match fixing during this World Cup, he neither confirmed or denied.
“We are not allowed to comment on these matters,” he said.

A veteran Sri Lankan journalist said the ICC had to get to the bottom of this. “Fans have a right to know the truth while players have a right to defend themselves,” he told Emirates 24|7 from Colombo.

He also expressed surprise at the wholesale changes Sri Lankan made before the final. “Even when the side is losing they don’t make changes but with one win away from the World Cup they bring in players from the cold,” he said cynically.

“If you watched carefully did you see Muralitharan bowling a doosra during the final,” he added.

There are reports that Sri Lanka’s opener Upul Tharanga signed up for IPL team Chennai Super Kings on the eve of the World Cup.
A blogger on facebook blamed Sri Lanka skipper Kumar Sangakkara for the defeat.
Source : http://www.emirates247.com/sports/cr...04-04-1.376872