facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Bangladesh opt for self exile for short time ?
Yes, that will help us to regroup and prepare better for future 14 31.11%
No, that will push us backward 23 51.11%
Clueless as Bangladesh team 4 8.89%
lets continue play till ICC moves in 4 8.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 3, 2011, 09:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Default Time for self exile from all format of the game, may be !?

I know its kind of crazy idea but its been a real shame and torture to watch Bangladeshi players lack of approach and mental weakness. Still cant believe this is the same team who whitewashed NZ and beat stronger teams like Eng, WI. But things have changed dramatically within 1 year time. Let alone challenging other teams, we start struggling from the minute go. Situation is getting worse day by day, match by match.

Zimbabwe once faced the similar problem. They struggled against almost every team. They used to lost consistently to Bangladesh for last 3-4 years. They knew they were going nowhere. Thus, they refrained themselves from longer version of the game. They invested lot of money to develop their domestic structure. They introduced Franchise based First Class Cricket. Six years after their self exile, they are back with a bang. They beat Bangladesh in both test and ODI series, they almost beat mighty NZ in a test match, they pushed mighty pakistan to the limit.

So, my question is, has the time come for us to take the Zimbabwe path ? Zimbabwe took this decision for longer version of the game but the way we are playing now in all format is a real pity. We suck in test, we such in ODI, and we suck in T20 big time. Some brilliant individual performances are not just enough. We have a big problem in our hand. If we dont fix our problems now, we will never be a competitive side and will be struggling for next decade for sure. There is no alternative than developing our cricketing skills, mental strength and cricketing knowledge.

Thus, i think its high time that we withdraw ourselves from all type of games for a 1-2 years and address the problems and how can we fix it. Once we feel that our players are confident enough to face big boys, then we should resume International matches.

Old December 3, 2011, 09:40 AM
Cricket Legend

I'm actually inclined to agree with you. 10 years of cricket, and we're going backwards.

It's time to change things in the grassroots level. I mean REALLY CHANGE things. We're just not good enough at this level.
Old December 3, 2011, 09:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Zim went to self exile with a mission. And while they were in exile they continued to worked toward that mission, they made the right decisions, got hold of the right people and they got things done. If we go on self exile what's the guarantee that our officials will make those calculated decisions and someday come back to international cricket? We need to revamp our entire system, time to get rid of those bits and pieces player. Time for young gun. I was and still am somewhat against bringing in younger players into the national team too early on, but Nasir has given me hope. While I know not everyone will be like him, but as long as they have the desire to achieve success like he does we can go somewhere with that.
Old December 3, 2011, 09:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

We are not able to regroup with all the resources and money in hands now. How would we be able to regroup when we stop international cricket? Nothing will happen.

Our domestic cricket is too weak. Now our boys at least get the chance to face good quality opponents via international matches. Once we exile ourselves, we will have no clue how to play cricket!!!
Old December 3, 2011, 09:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Zim went to self exile with a mission. And while they were in exile they continued to worked toward that mission, they made the right decisions, got hold of the right people and they got things done. If we go on self exile what's the guarantee that our officials will make those calculated decisions and someday come back to international cricket?
Dont forget Zimbabwe players and their board officials were in great disagreement with various issues. The Mugabe govt was famous for his dictatorship. So, if Zimbabwe officials can come together and work for better future, whats holding us back to try ? I think we have reached our lowest limit in the last 10 years time. Our BCB official means money. If they can implement franchise based domestic structure then they will earn money too.
Old December 3, 2011, 10:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
We are not able to regroup with all the resources and money in hands now. How would we be able to regroup when we stop international cricket? Nothing will happen.
Thats why Zimbabwe opted for franchise based domestic league where each franchise could buy teams. BCB does not need to invest too much money from their account. They will take money from franchise and invest in revamping domestic structure.

Quote:
Our domestic cricket is too weak. Now our boys at least get the chance to face good quality opponents via international matches. Once we exile ourselves, we will have no clue how to play cricket!!!
sadi bhai, we have been playing for ages against Strong teams. What good has this made our batters for these years ? Look at our players' domestic averages. You can even count players averaging above 30s. So, if our batsmen can't perform at domestic level, how can you expect them to improve only by facing world class bowlers.
Old December 3, 2011, 10:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Thats why Zimbabwe opted for franchise based domestic league where each franchise could buy teams. BCB does not need to invest too much money from their account. They will take money from franchise and invest in revamping domestic structure.

sadi bhai, we have been playing for ages against Strong teams. What good has this made our batters for these years ? Look at our players' domestic averages. You can even count players averaging above 30s. So, if our batsmen can't perform at domestic level, how can you expect them to improve only by facing world class bowlers.
Very good thoughts Naimul. But you are missing something here.

If BCB wants to do something then they can do it by continuing playing international cricket. It will be easier actually. All they do need is to feel some urgency and need for it. If they don't have any urgency who will do all the things you suggested?
Old December 3, 2011, 10:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

If BCB wants to do something then they can do it by continuing playing international cricket. It will be easier actually. All they do need is to feel some urgency and need for it. If they don't have any urgency who will do all the things you suggested?
In International arena, its a very hectic schedule now-a-days. Our national team players cant even participate in domestic league after playing 1-2 series and BCB is always looking for arranging International matches so that they can earn money. Only 30 players are continuously getting call for so called 'Training Camp' and known 15 players get chances for national team and no one bothers about the league matches.

I aint saying we will not play against foreign teams. I am just asking not to play against Strong National teams now. Lets play against foreign 'A' teams, foreign clubs, Under aged teams. Lets start beating them consistently. Have 60 players in 4 teams who will visit to SA, Aus, Eng, WI time to time. I dont find it too much difficult to implement. But you guys are correct. Knowing Loitta bahini, i highly doubt their true intentions.
Old December 3, 2011, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

I agree with you. We will also have plenty of time between each series from next year. so if they want to do something they will have time to do that
Old December 3, 2011, 10:17 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

No!!! Coz i can't survive without Bangladesh cricket!!
Old December 3, 2011, 10:34 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
me too bro
Old December 3, 2011, 02:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

nah! kalke ghum theke uthe i am sure even u will be surprised that such a thought ever crossed ur mind! plus, we don't even have that type of commitment to pull our socks up the way zim did!
Old December 3, 2011, 02:21 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
me neither. Bangladesh cricket is my oxygen.

It would be wise to focus on domestic rather than going for self exile.
Old December 3, 2011, 02:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

[QUOTE=roman;1435751]me neither. Bangladesh cricket is my oxygen.

Same for me. So a No from me too.
Old December 3, 2011, 03:27 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Voted no. I need Bangladesh cricket. Plus, with পাজী politicians in charge, such a step will not help us get better.
Old December 3, 2011, 03:50 PM
Cricket Guru

What difference will it make? You think these players would even try to improve in their self-exile, heck they even try to squeeze themselves out of the practice sessions and opt for vacations before another assignment.
Old December 3, 2011, 04:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

after 10 years, we will start from where we were now. i think our problem is not players, its BCB officials. they cant make them mentally strong. its almost same team won against NZ 4-0.

our curators are also like idiot. they can pitch in opponents favor. they should learn from indian curator.
Old December 3, 2011, 06:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
nah! kalke ghum theke uthe i am sure even u will be surprised that such a thought ever crossed ur mind! plus, we don't even have that type of commitment to pull our socks up the way zim did!
nah. I am tired and fade up with the approach of our boys. They are not learning from their mistakes. Hamaguri deya shishu ke dour dite bolle ei obostha hobe. tar cheye hatte shikhe dour deya bhalo. If it continues, i am sure one day my son/daughter will also open a thread like this and ask the question why we did not solve the problem at root level than hanging in there on a thread for years.

But you are right. Our players also lack in commitment and our pazi officials wont have any plan either. If self exile of 1-2 years can make us bit well prepared and stronger, i will take that over my passion and oxygen for Bangladesh Cricket. I just want our team better and well prepared even if that at the cost of my interest.
Old December 3, 2011, 07:09 PM
Cricket Savant

We have already chosen to ride the 'funiculaire' (rollercoaster) now we can't go back any more. We just have to go with the ride and learn to take like man and ffin adapt.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old December 3, 2011, 08:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

yes,it's time for self exile from all format of the game but only against Pakistan.
Old December 3, 2011, 09:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

nah man you cant compared BD and ZIM..BD has a culture for cricket, in ZIM not so much..so our best bet is to persist with our youngster..do what the Pakistanis did and start bringing in new faces.

If Pakistan can do what they are doing despite having lost their best bowlers, despite all the spot fixing, infighting, captain changes, no cricket at home and not even having a proper coach for crying out loud .. if they can still make heads turn then what stopping us we got everything in place, we just need to be willing to step it up
Old December 3, 2011, 09:53 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco
If Pakistan can do what they are doing despite having lost their best bowlers, despite all the spot fixing, infighting, captain changes, no cricket at home and not even having a proper coach for crying out loud .. if they can still make heads turn then what stopping us we got everything in place, we just need to be willing to step it up
It makes very little sense to compare Bangladesh with Pakistan.

There is a big difference between Pakistan and Bangladesh. Although Pakistan does not have international cricket there is a very high standard first class cricket environment there which is absent in Bangladesh. The proof is fringe players from Pakistan, Sri Lanka becoming super-performers in Dhaka Premier league.

All the test teams do not need coach to teach basics. These teams need coaches to get the best out of the already talented players. Same goes for Pakistan. For Bangladesh the picture is different.

Simple equation...jemon school...temon chhatro....temon result.

Back to original topic....I think taking a break from international cricket will not improve anything. 10 years of test status did not motivate BCB to improve the structure of cricket in the country. Without ICC's money whatever happening now will also stop.
Old December 3, 2011, 09:57 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

They play cricket, we play cricket ..they are humans so are we.. We can get probably better trainers than them
Old December 4, 2011, 01:26 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

There is another solution other than my sig; play against India. That seems charge them up and get them going. It works like Redbull.
Old December 4, 2011, 08:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^^ thik bolso dilu!