facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 7, 2011, 10:10 PM
Street Cricketer

Default A place to talk about shuvo

I sincerely hope Shuvo is not in the team.
He is a useless batsmen, and bowler. His bowling has no variation, turn, or any other positive aspect.
I do not see why he makes the team. Is it his fielding?
I sound biter, but which Bangladesh supporter isn't?
The only outcome that can be worse than Shuvo in the team is
Shuvo, Ashraful, Farhad Reza and Imrul all playing in the team simultaneously.

If somebody tries to give me statistics about his test debut please do not bother. I know he picked up 4 wickets, however, Elias picked up 7 in the same series the game before. West Indies are not good players of spin.

Old December 7, 2011, 10:14 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Shuvo can't even afford a OT.
Old December 7, 2011, 10:36 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj
I sound biter, but which Bangladesh supporter isn't?
Ami, not a biter nor am I bitter
Old December 7, 2011, 11:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i haven't really seen too much of his bowling or batting all i can say is he did a good job in the u19s and he has performed with the ball with amazing results in almost every level and format. he's done well domestically and for the A team. his international stats aren't nearly as good as his others. maybe he is having trouble adjusting to international cricket? i don't know but he's got the lower level results to back him. we have other great spin prospects also i.e. shaker, nur and mahmudul especially.

shuvo's FC stats are better (even though his list A stats are terrific already) so if elias doesn't work out i wouldn't be suprised to see shuvo in the test team to see what he can do there....
Old December 7, 2011, 11:39 PM
Street Cricketer

I am aware of his first class and list A statistics, however the domestic league scene is not a very good representation of international cricket.
I do not see a reason to be trying out Shuvo and experimenting with him in a tournament in which we are already struggling. Our struggles are coming from our batting department. Our bowlers did a very good job. We do not need to add another spinner to our team. We have enough left arm spinners.
If Elias does not work out, I think we should rely more heavily on shakib and Razzak as spinners and continue to add batters to our line up because clearly that is the portion of our squad that is under par. If Shuvo had an aggressive element and a wicket taking mind set I would hold back these comments but that is not the case.
I would like to see him strike more in the one day scene before he gets a chance in the test scene.
Old December 8, 2011, 05:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

even if shuvo doesn't have a wicket-taking mentality he still takes wickets...but regardless razzak is horrible these days, we need to find a replacement. shuvo has already got some chances especially in the one-dayers and didn't workout that great, sunny is being tested now. we have shaker ahmed who is a terrific prospect as well as nur hossain. i reckon nasir has great ability with the ball, we could use him more often, hopefully he develops his bowling.