facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 30, 2019, 01:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

where did i mention u were long index? read before u yell. Ur theme is obvious. the same theme that u been harping here for last 5 years and been wrong in market half of the bull market. and ur trades as i mentioned are redundant.

I said picking of index (i didn't mention long or short) - index is index regardless of which way go for 1 year.

yes u periodically pointed result.. last time u did is when .. miracularaously in december when world wide market crashed.. and ur little index helped u to move to a whopping 15% return with all that short position.....

again.. read.. undertand.. then yell.

Old January 30, 2019, 01:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

not one shred of evidence in the last 5 years that you have any money....just an internet warrior who types like a homo...like this....your whole life is redundant...or maybe your whole life is election?..covfefe?....
Old January 30, 2019, 05:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

I thought this game was long term? How did it finish so quickly.

Facebook killed me off. Netflix and Twitter did well for me.

All this stocks will do well in the long term.
Old January 30, 2019, 10:03 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

all this fighting over some simulation game and fake money with 4 players? haha..

if you want to play, then let's do it on the real market. I wanna see which one of you smarty pants can lose more money than me. APPL is up after earnings but I am still down at least 25%. Coz of course I bought it close to ATH.

But WELL, oh sweet WELL. Has been a good buy for me. Dividend alone is very attractive but price has appreciated a lot too. I believe in senior care REITs and with the aging population and higher life expectancy, these companies will do good if managed well.
Old January 30, 2019, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

^why buy apple when you can buy 30 year tresury at 3.5 yield , some bonds and then claim u been positive throughout the year in a market volatility while others who invested in "beta" stocks goes swinging and then come here a boast how u have beaten everyone .. miraculously on the last day...

game ends 1 day before he loses.. 1 day after he is crushed. was at #1 position only 1% of the year, for like a week and then talks rubbish and falsely thinks he had some smart picks for the year - invested in the same theme for over 5 years when raging bull market was on.

Treasury and Bonds LMAO.
Old January 31, 2019, 06:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Did anybody deal with BRK/B? Provided that it is coming from the best of the best in business even the high price mark should not devalue the worth of having it in portfolio. My plan is to accumulate in five figures and spend all of it on BRK. Any expert opinion?
Old February 1, 2019, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

^not me. no clue about BRK.

anyways I m back in business. pretty much recovered mostly back to height.
Old February 1, 2019, 11:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

^^Yeah, me too...I do not know anything about BRK.
But people call me BK.
Old February 1, 2019, 11:18 AM
Cricket Sage

BRK - Berkshire Hathaway, the shares of the company led by iconic Warren Buffet
BK - Buffet Kom
Old February 1, 2019, 01:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
BRK - Berkshire Hathaway, the shares of the company led by iconic Warren Buffet
BK - Buffet Kom
Haaa...All You Can Eat Buffet prochur keyechi! Buffet Kom khaini ekebarey...Chinese buffet, egg roll, fried rice, chicken shrimp roll all you can eat! Salaad buffet, shimp tempura, sushi buffet

BTW, Warren Buffet is a good man, he gives/donates money where it matters the most.
Old February 1, 2019, 04:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Saudi Aramco: The Company and the State | Al Jazeera English

I would take it with a pinch of salt given how much Qatar and Saudi dislikes one another.

Also Al-Jazeera made a similar dubious claim about Boeing 787 and how it will be a failure.. So I am not a big fan of their reporting. However it is still fun to watch.
Old February 5, 2019, 11:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb

Beginning of 2019 i own the following stocks:

Facebook, Snapchat - Sell both of them into strength.. Very risky hold imo. Poor/no future.

both of them rallied post earnings. I will try to sell snapchat tomorrow in this post earnings short squeeze scenario.. target is above 9. I bought it at 6. Stopped short of adding more at 5. Hate the stock but loved the price so i bought.

Facebook is a bit tricky... maybe sell in mid 180s. It is still a world wide market dominant social force and nothing will come close to competition. The risk to facebook stock are governement entities and their interference. if the fear of govt oversight wasn't there - i would still be a long term hold for this... but the risk is real.
Old February 6, 2019, 11:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Snap above 9.. on screen waiting to press sell button...and thinking....
Old February 12, 2019, 02:20 PM
Cricket Legend

no body is doing anything Only activity we had jhere was for a vitrual game lmao. come on guys put some of your purchases and sells.... engage.

anyways I finally sold SNAP at 9.12 today. Gave a little longer time to see if I could have gotten more squeeze , was waiting for a market up day like today but price wasn't moving. Lot of exchange of hands at 9 dollars level.

So bought end of oct, sold today .. 3 months and some change - gain of 47% Sportingbd your 80 dollars stock i just traded in and out below 10 :p. even stocks with poor long term outlook can yield good results if u can get a good entry point.

---------------
another poorly performing stock that i bought was UA - that turned out to have a good entry point.
Under armour went positive after todays earnings again... I am holding on to this as a brand recognition play... though per charts 20 terrritory is a sell level (twice hit 22 sell level during the year) Even if i were to sell it has to be tomorrow because it will be a year tomorrow so my short term becomes long term that cuts my tax rate significantly. current gain at 58%.
if it didn't have the brand recognition i would have sold it tomorrow./this week..because that 22 level is a very strong resistence.

this is how i think when i trade.

turnaround takes loong time ..it doesnt happen in a quarter..really hard to hold on to stocks with bleak sales that long...
Old February 12, 2019, 02:30 PM
Cricket Legend

missed out on GE during the december crash.... was about to pull the trigger below 7 as was eying it for awhile but fear got the better of me (probably rightly so as market turmoil was at full force but no pain no gain is the game). hard to justify buying it now - atleast for me.
Old February 12, 2019, 02:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
no body is doing anything Only activity we had jhere was for a vitrual game lmao. come on guys put some of your purchases and sells.... engage.

anyways I finally sold SNAP at 9.12 today. Gave a little longer time to see if I could have gotten more squeeze , was waiting for a market up day like today but price wasn't moving. Lot of exchange of hands at 9 dollars level.

So bought end of oct, sold today .. 3 months and some change - gain of 47% Sportingbd your 80 dollars stock i just traded in and out below 10 :p. even stocks with poor long term outlook can yield good results if u can get a good entry point.

---------------
another poorly performing stock that i bought was UA - that turned out to have a good entry point.
Under armour went positive after todays earnings again... I am holding on to this as a brand recognition play... though per charts 20 terrritory is a sell level (twice hit 22 sell level during the year) Even if i were to sell it has to be tomorrow because it will be a year tomorrow so my short term becomes long term that cuts my tax rate significantly. current gain at 58%.
if it didn't have the brand recognition i would have sold it tomorrow./this week..because that 22 level is a very strong resistence.

this is how i think when i trade.

turnaround takes loong time ..it doesnt happen in a quarter..really hard to hold on to stocks with bleak sales that long...
I must have been drunk while I made that 80 dollar call . But you never know, funny things have happened in the financial markets.

We developed this corporate governance rating model where I work, and we are making so much money for our clients (of course we are charging them heavy also), sometimes I feel like what the hell am I doing lol. But the difference is those clients are already rich, so for them the risk of losing money doesn't really mean anything.

I think that's where I am struggling, the risk appetite.
Old February 12, 2019, 02:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
I must have been drunk while I made that 80 dollar call . But you never know, funny things have happened in the financial markets.

We developed this corporate governance rating model where I work, and we are making so much money for our clients (of course we are charging them heavy also), sometimes I feel like what the hell am I doing lol. But the difference is those clients are already rich, so for them the risk of losing money doesn't really mean anything.

I think that's where I am struggling, the risk appetite.
You nailed it. Finally you wrote something very intelligent pertaining to market. You have to willing to lose money. My biggest drawaback in my teen and early 20s... I couldn't stand losing money... I got in and out of some GREAT STOCKS because i couldn't tolerate the volatility... netflix was one of them i think.. many years ago.. those are teh infancy time... I had netflix in my radar since i was in HIGH SCHOOl that long ago.... majority of ppl didn't have internet at the time.... but that 1000 dollars that I couldn't tolerate losing would have been 100K+ ... and that my friend is the biggest problem we poor ppl have..

But thanks to God I have come some way from those days and can handle large losses now.

anways SNAP at 80 is not logical if you look at the numbers... their user growth is flat. It's a niche market now.. It has to be valued not as a growth company anymore (where u would pay premium for their stock price)... it has be viewed in a way how they can monetize their current user base.. so then it all comes to pure numbers. If you don't have the numbers.. u will be punshed simple. But if they had the growth - u can be losing billions.. I would still buy the stock... and so would everyone else .. and yes then maybe u can argue it has that type of potential.
Old February 12, 2019, 03:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Speaking of social apps.. there are certain companies that I think is a fad. I think snap falls into that but facebook doesn't. Facebook is a company that truly connects ppl. Whereas snap teenagers started liking it because their parents arent on it so the company started gaining users exploded and flattened. Eventually as these teens age and go to college they start going to facebook.. the more mature u become u move ur social profile... preteens, toddlers who will become teen will not go to snap, they will go on to the then fad app.

So in that sense facebook will survive decades but these other app i don't think can withstand increased competetions or the next fad. For example the company tiktok out of no where now dominating world teen market outside NA.. with some 500m users. That will also eventually die. and those users will move to a stable platform like fb with age...

social companies that changes user behavior for long time are companies worth investing in long term. Youtube would have been a perfect such a company. prior to it got sold to Google, i mentioned in this site - ppl's watching habit will change as they spend more time online. Youtube got sold to google for like 1.6 billion dollars i think and their whole monetizing buiness model was to be sold to a large company... this was short sighted vision of their founders.

youtube i think stand alone is somewhere between a 50 to 100 billion dollars market cap company. It has a captivating audience and it can SHOW u advertising. How perfect of a money machine can you be??

assessing social comapneis need to be that way in my opinion. Can they change ppls behavior forever. if it can - it's a long term hold.
Old February 12, 2019, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

^sportingbd, going by my above post, Twitter would not be a bad investment now that I think about it. It changes not only ppls behavior but world events and worlds political moves. Monetization is a problem but they are here to stay.
Old February 12, 2019, 03:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
^sportingbd, going by my above post, Twitter would not be a bad investment now that I think about it. It changes not only ppls behavior but world events and worlds political moves. Monetization is a problem but they are here to stay.
Twitter and Facebook are good stocks, they have created their own identity in the market. I have mentioned this previously. They are likely to overcome external competition, just for the unique identity and space they have created. My only fear is about how these guys are dealing with user privacy (which could become the main reason for the end of social media/network companies, not saying facebook or twitter, but who knows). This is the grey area for me.
Old February 12, 2019, 06:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

I think SNAP teens all migrated to IG (which is owned by FB)

Win for Zuck
Old February 19, 2019, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Apparently Bernie Sanders the old man is bidding for presidency again. I know its close to 2 years out but if he is leading the polls and gets the Dem nomination.. Sell all your stocks, go to cash and buy back when Trump wins. Eventhough with tax reform that already happened and senate with rep control, he will be ineffective to do much change off chance he win but be prepared. this is how the market gonna play out.

Because nothing can stop him from brining more regulations on businesses. Dump bank stocks whereas these are the stocks one should be buying now.
Old February 22, 2019, 03:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
anyways I finally sold SNAP at 9.12 today. Lot of exchange of hands at 9 dollars level.
the stock was able to come out of all that exchanges to higher. As long as stock stays around 10 - no regret as that was my target anyway but if it runs higher to 13 to 14 (next resistence ) then i f up.

so no one is buying selling anything? I am looking to buy with my new Roth funds. money in the sideline is such a waste.
Old February 25, 2019, 01:14 PM
Cricket Legend

^wow I am blown away. Definitly sold early. The stock gained 100% in 2 months from december market wide sell. SNAP. not much resistence to 12 per chart.
Old February 26, 2019, 11:28 AM
Cricket Sage

The bounce back mostly smoothed out my losses from that miserable end quarter of 2018. Here is another question for those who like to ponder,

Rakuten or Shopify?