facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 24, 2018, 01:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

love this thread and seeing g-man and idumb going at it

Old January 24, 2018, 03:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Well we better not disappoint now
Old January 24, 2018, 09:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
There is nothing to go at him for . He works for a company that mostly does future contract trades for which he carries the drinks for its traders..that was 3 years ago ..now he May have moved up a little . He is spewing out whatever the hell they are doing

His thoughts are not completely off but his posts are abysmal . He is writing in a forum where most members have very little market knowledge and maybe just starting out investing ... here this guy is talking about buying puts on eurodollars whereas some ppl here didn't even own a single proper Stock .

Every Joe schmoe knows rising interest rates are on the cards .. he is not a revelation really . That has been the case since QE stopped years ago .

This is what you can do ..you can also buy financial/bank sticks as well. There are many ways to play an event . What do u think is simpler for someone who never invested or is starting out ? My goal here is to educate and attract new ppl to market and maybe they can avoid some pitfalls ....

Also interest rate and stock market does not have to be inversely corrolated though often time they are ... but recent activity suggest both market and rate can go in same direction ... I think the Fed chair said something few years ago that rising interest rate suggest a healthy growth driven us economy and hence the market is rising post great recession despite the increase . So both scenario can be correct

I also mentioned about how wrong he is on his metrics . Ppl are claiming market is overvalued let's say based on historical p/e ratio . That is also not a constant value that it can not change .. there are so many ways to argue but those are academic ... I am not here to argue about terms ..I am here to make money see other ppl make money and learn together to make well informed decisions and be always invested in market .

And here this kid comes and for years saying usd equities are over valued for past 3 years ... and some 20 year old gonna read that and go buy some alt coin instead because that's what ppl are getting rich from .

You can buy altcoin/bitcoun/or whatever the future puts u wanna do but get the basics flowing first .
I am telling u there is something risky trades that attract ppl a lot ...and they end up being out of market years after years when they lose some insignificant money short time .
Old January 24, 2018, 04:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

yeah unfortunately i'm not god's gift to banglacricket, sent to educate and teach people how you can read a few google articles on IBM and buy stock. this guy pretends like he knows what i do or my company does, but hey, if managing 6 figures is carrying drinks, then what the hell, i guess i'm pretty average.

if my posts are too academic for your fish brain ,then ignore it if you are capable. at least my insight is original instead of rehashed google articles and subscription articles- there's a word for that it's called plagiarism.

but to be honest I am not surprised someone of idumb's claibre is the loudest voice in this thread, paints himself to be the BC's warren buffet, here to educate and teach. My posts are there to provoke thought and question, you are clearly incapable of that so you complain and insult

you can have go at my financial arguments all you like, but clearly your mouth goes through your own butt hole and proceeds to begin insulting me/others with assumptions/knowledge you just painted up in your imagination, but passed off as truth. there's a word for that, it's called lying. I don't need to be insulted by some random villager on the net, jerkin himself off as a keyboard investment genious.

anyway, i'll leave it to everyone here because there's nothing like investment lessons from someone who regurgitates internet materials and dances to the tune of extra-marital affairs.
Old January 24, 2018, 04:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
if my posts are too academic for your fish brain ,then ignore it if you are capable.
Who said your posts were academic hahaha ? I wrote I am not here to discuss academic as I have to break down everything to counter ur generic comment that ppl like u been shooting off since start of this bull market .

Like I said I am documented over 10 years here . You can believe whatever u want .

They gave u a 6 figure portfolio to manage hahaha ... u talk like u were managing billion dollar portfolio. Get a grip and admit u been wrong
Old January 24, 2018, 04:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Who said your posts were academic hahaha ? I wrote I am not here to discuss academic as I have to break down everything to counter ur generic comment that ppl like u been shooting off since start of this bull market .

Like I said I am documented over 10 years here . You can believe whatever u want .

They gave u a 6 figure portfolio to manage hahaha ... u talk like u were managing billion dollar portfolio. Get a grip and admit u been wrong
I have said in the past, my bearish equity options positions were under performing due to theta decay. I have told everyone my positions were hurting, what part of that don't you understand? why do i keep telling me to admit? I can tell you like people falling to your feet and idolsing you. keep telling me to admit, i'm the only one that has shared my positions here on BC, while you keep peddling your imaginary skin in the game.

if you need to hear sums of money to be convinced that my insight has value, then again, that says more about you then it does about me. six figures at 23 is more than any sum you will ever see in your life.
Old January 25, 2018, 12:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
yeah unfortunately i'm not god's gift to banglacricket, sent to educate and teach people how you can read a few google articles on IBM and buy stock. this guy pretends like he knows what i do or my company does, but hey, if managing 6 figures is carrying drinks, then what the hell, i guess i'm pretty average.

if my posts are too academic for your fish brain ,then ignore it if you are capable. at least my insight is original instead of rehashed google articles and subscription articles- there's a word for that it's called plagiarism.

but to be honest I am not surprised someone of idumb's claibre is the loudest voice in this thread, paints himself to be the BC's warren buffet, here to educate and teach. My posts are there to provoke thought and question, you are clearly incapable of that so you complain and insult

you can have go at my financial arguments all you like, but clearly your mouth goes through your own butt hole and proceeds to begin insulting me/others with assumptions/knowledge you just painted up in your imagination, but passed off as truth. there's a word for that, it's called lying. I don't need to be insulted by some random villager on the net, jerkin himself off as a keyboard investment genious.

anyway, i'll leave it to everyone here because there's nothing like investment lessons from someone who regurgitates internet materials and dances to the tune of extra-marital affairs.
LOL
Old January 25, 2018, 02:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Managing 6 figures for an investment firm that's not your own money IS carrying drinks . That is not even a single clients portfolio amount .

You managed to get riled up and repeatedly made personal attacks (and u have a fan there now not surprising ) when I havnt said a word to you except a fact that u been wrong yet u are still spreading ur own imagination how us equities are over valued for past ~ 40 percent gain. That is called delusion .

I like how u say "market can be up longer than anyone can stay solvent" .. haha ... my favorite line ... it's called losing ur shirt cuz u were wrong and wasn't smart enough to realize it .

Unbelievable !!!
Old January 28, 2018, 05:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Managing 6 figures for an investment firm that's not your own money IS carrying drinks . That is not even a single clients portfolio amount .

You managed to get riled up and repeatedly made personal attacks (and u have a fan there now not surprising ) when I havnt said a word to you except a fact that u been wrong yet u are still spreading ur own imagination how us equities are over valued for past ~ 40 percent gain. That is called delusion .

I like how u say "market can be up longer than anyone can stay solvent" .. haha ... my favorite line ... it's called losing ur shirt cuz u were wrong and wasn't smart enough to realize it .

Unbelievable !!!
yup bcos it's normal to give grads millions to manage.

you're the winner idumb, you're the winner.
Old January 28, 2018, 09:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
yup bcos it's normal to give grads millions to manage.

you're the winner idumb, you're the winner.
The right grads get the account they want. There are 20 odd years old managing multimillion portfolios. Did you even beat the market bench last year? The trader that can consistently beat the index will be rewarded more quickly than you can realize. YOu had 3 years.

Hey listen maybe you will one day grow up to manage larger funds and earn good commission if you got it in you (so far not impressed). But your current status doesn't warrant the way you wrote the last few of your posts.

Quote:
six figures at 23 is more than any sum you will ever see in your life.
God forbid if they actually give you a million dollar portfolio of others how your posts will be. Drink carrier/career talks like this already.

Tell you what.. put your money where you mouth is. SHORT US STOCKS. You may either get that million dollar portfolio and earn that tiny bonus at the end of the year that's gonna make you falsely think you are the biggest baller in the town or you will be jobless.

I got no finance degree or formal education but i still can beat your return most likely year over year. Because you throw in a lot of random nonsense many ppl may not see that you think make you look credible but I read right through them
Old January 28, 2018, 10:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
The right grads get the account they want. There are 20 odd years old managing multimillion portfolios. Did you even beat the market bench last year? The trader that can consistently beat the index will be rewarded more quickly than you can realize. YOu had 3 years.

Hey listen maybe you will one day grow up to manage larger funds and earn good commission if you got it in you (so far not impressed). But your current status doesn't warrant the way you wrote the last few of your posts.

God forbid if they actually give you a million dollar portfolio of others how your posts will be. Drink carrier/career talks like this already.

Tell you what.. put your money where you mouth is. SHORT US STOCKS. You may either get that million dollar portfolio and earn that tiny bonus at the end of the year that's gonna make you falsely think you are the biggest baller in the town or you will be jobless.

I got no finance degree or formal education but i still can beat your return most likely year over year. Because you throw in a lot of random nonsense many ppl may not see that you think make you look credible but I read right through them
whatever you say pal
Old January 28, 2018, 10:10 PM
Test Cricketer

just ignore him G-man. guy is an oddball.
Old January 28, 2018, 10:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph
just ignore him G-man. guy is an oddball.
Yeah he cursed me out when I say he has been wrong and I am the odd ball . Aren't you the guy who also laughed at me when last year I said one should buy into growth stocks like aapl Amazon and Netflix etc ... over you finding value in beaten down stocks in a bull market ? How did those three do past 1 year ?

I value ppls post right or wrong but u will hear me out if u gonna say negative things to me or write something I disagree with .

Anyways . Keep posting ..keep investing . Keep making money ..at the end that all matters
Old January 28, 2018, 10:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Yeah he cursed me out when I say he has been wrong and I am the odd ball . Aren't you the guy who also laughed at me when last year I said one should buy into growth stocks like aapl Amazon and Netflix etc ... over you finding value in beaten down stocks in a bull market ? How did those three do past 1 year ?

I value ppls post right or wrong but u will hear me out if u gonna say negative things to me or write something I disagree with .

Anyways . Keep posting ..keep investing . Keep making money ..at the end that all matters
I laughed for many reasons, but not for investing in amazon or Netflix.

amazon isn't a growth stock lol. it's a blue chip.

and I don't just invest in "beaten down stocks."

work on your reading comprehension and insecurity and quit sounding like a troll in every post.
Old January 28, 2018, 10:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

amazon isn't a growth stock lol. it's a blue chip.

AND this is why you are wrong and I am right. and you are more likely to lose money/or yield less than me.

A blue chip stock with a P/E ratio close to 400, no dividend, barely any profits...

Bravo!!!

exactly same thought as 1 year before.. and look where those stocks are.
Old January 28, 2018, 10:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
AND this is why you are wrong and I am right. and you are more likely to lose money/or yield less than me.

A blue chip stock with a P/E ratio close to 400, no dividend, barely any profits...

Bravo!!!

exactly same thought as 1 year before.. and look where those stocks are.
you should look up the definitions of growth stock and blue chip.

ciao.
Old January 28, 2018, 10:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
you should look up the definitions of growth stock and blue chip.

ciao.
you keep reading the definition in the books. I will look at my scottrade account instead and learn that way.
Old January 29, 2018, 01:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
you keep reading the definition in the books. I will look at my scottrade account instead and learn that way.
page 24 and 25.. posts of epitaph, me and g-man. Pretty similar convo to now. >1 year later... see who is correct.

Gman EXACT same post as now... bear while i continued to be bullish and told not to fight the momentum.

epitaph - though has good stable investment strategy with index investment- lacks vision... references book just like now and made fun of my growth stock comments. Look at results.

2017 : overall index up ~20% , then 2018: ~6 percent. with growth stocks i mentioned i mentioned nflx, amzn both ~100% gain. aapl in some 40% gain territory in that time frame. i don't know what "blue stock" gives you 100% gain in a year... more like blue pill

and here i get crucified. Somebody said about hindsight?? this is not hindsight - it is well documented. Go back 2009, 2012 posts i had in this site. please read.

once you go through the pages of text, you will see why i write the way i write... you can not be constantly preaching the same thing when u clearly cont to be wrong.

and then i attack when someone attacks me. I don't like doing that but i am left no choice - online or physical life.. that will happen.

having said all that I value the input both of you bring however. I like Gmans post. just dont like being attacked.
Old January 29, 2018, 01:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

going to outline an opp for anyone keen:

bearish on AUDUSD given australia's massive macro imbalances, twin deficit issue and massive housing sector debt/risk.

You can execute this trade by buying puts on FXA (AUD ETF), or short selling it. Or you can buy puts on australian banks- ANZ, CBA, WBC and NAB. Or you can buy into PNC.ASX it's a Real estate debt collection company- works great when mortgage holders go bust

I always prefer options over short/long positions. that;s just my way.
Old January 29, 2018, 02:21 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Damn i am out of popcorn
Old January 29, 2018, 02:26 AM
Cricket Legend

^^or you can save all that money for a down payment to buy an apartment in downtown sydney when price take a hit. Better leverage. If all that pans out, that is A BIG IF.

dont really have to be a genius to make money - just need to get the event right :p
Old January 29, 2018, 02:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Damn i am out of popcorn
much better than being out of money like some here. they call it insolvency - fancy word.

ami eto fancy word buzi na...
Old January 29, 2018, 02:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Lol this guy "doesn't like being attacked "...but won't hesitate from doing the attacking in the first place

They call it hypocrisy.

Ami atho fanci word buzi na.
Old January 29, 2018, 03:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
going to outline an opp for anyone keen:

bearish on AUDUSD given australia's massive macro imbalances, twin deficit issue and massive housing sector debt/risk.

You can execute this trade by buying puts on FXA (AUD ETF), or short selling it. Or you can buy puts on australian banks- ANZ, CBA, WBC and NAB. Or you can buy into PNC.ASX it's a Real estate debt collection company- works great when mortgage holders go bust

I always prefer options over short/long positions. that;s just my way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idumb
^^or you can save all that money for a down payment to buy an apartment in downtown sydney when price take a hit. Better leverage. If all that pans out, that is A BIG IF.

dont really have to be a genius to make money - just need to get the event right :p
Let me break this down for ppl.

If I knew a little more about Australia - i would have put you right in your place. This guy is thinking Australia housing market is bubble which will pop soon and wants you to buy a debt collection company that has a market cap of a whopping 150 million dollars. Take away his trading computer someone. What a horrible ideas. A country on the verge of a housing bubble pop with widespread financial consequences to all sectors and this guy comes up with investment in a f^(&(^ penny stocks?

I am assuming Australian stock market is at all time high as well. Here is some lesson. Historically housing market price correlates with stock market rise. It makes sense... stock market would move forward when job market is strongs, earnings are plenty.. with jobs and with higher market.. people's bank balance assets goes higher.. if all that is true why would people have hard time paying debt? is there a subprime lending pushing housing market higher ? if that is the case - there are much more effience way of making money than buying a penny stock that collects debt.

Don't expose your rookiness further.. just use more fancy words...instead of speaking plainly.
Old January 29, 2018, 03:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

Congrats dumb, out of all the ways to trade it, you find one you don't like and instead of providing constructive critique, you had a good go at me. But you don't like being attacked.

https://ibb.co/gZ9pjG

https://ibb.co/jdNWyb