facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 18, 2013, 07:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
It's good to see so many players are competing for a position in the team. Looks like Riyad is not a middle order batsman. He does well when he plays at the lower middle order with the tailenders but the problem is most of the time he can't win us a game specially while chasing. So basically with Momin doing well I think he won't be able to retain his place in the team. But I would still like to see him in one more series before dropping him from the test side as he started his test career so well and when he gets going he looks so solid.
i actually like riyad, i think he's a very useful player on his day.

Old March 18, 2013, 07:58 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
international quality teams will find this flaw and take advantage of it no matter where he bats. plus he doesn't deserve a push up the order based on this series. however you are probably right, he probably does bat better against pacers, batting in the lower order generally means you have to face the 2nd new ball as well.

but the thing is if ash doesn't work out at #3 then anamul deserves ago in that spot, so i don't think riyad should be given a chance at #3 at this stage.
You are right but against Non Asian countries, Riyad could have that advantage. If Ash doesnt work up the no. 3 slot, than both Anamul and Riyad need to be tested. Anamul can can bat lower if needed. So far he has been stronger against spin as well and has been below par on playing short/ bouncy deliveries. You cant have that for a top order batsman at test. and just to be clear, I am not saying Riyad will do better, I am just saying based on what we are seeing and what we saw, it might be a worthy experiment.
Old March 18, 2013, 07:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Based on what you said, so there is one guy who performed in a position. than he was promoted... he failed... so should you fire him or demote him?
this is where personal preference comes in. if you don't mind having a batsman batting at #8 in your test team then you should take riyad in your team. but if you want the bowling to be stronger and more potent then you'd probably rather take a bowler ahead of riyad.
Old March 18, 2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
this is where personal preference comes in. if you don't mind having a batsman batting at #8 in your test team then you should take riyad in your team. but if you want the bowling to be stronger and more potent then you'd probably rather take a bowler ahead of riyad.
This is where Shakib plays a role. If he is playing, you can afford to go with 3 bowlers and have Riyad play down the order. But there is no Shakib, than you have to take 4 full time bowlers and thats where Riyad needs to bat higher or stay out of the squad
Old March 18, 2013, 08:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

riad is in off form--thats it. leave him alone.
Old March 18, 2013, 08:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
This is where Shakib plays a role. If he is playing, you can afford to go with 3 bowlers and have Riyad play down the order. But there is no Shakib, than you have to take 4 full time bowlers and thats where Riyad needs to bat higher or stay out of the squad
tbh even with shakib the bowling struggles to take the 20 wickets so taking 4 full time bowlers as well as shakib would be useful as well. but what you say is also true, when shakib isn't there riyad needs to to bat higher, which he hasn't been able to do successfully.
Old March 18, 2013, 08:11 PM

i think its not about the batting slot that affects riyad.its the situation. Whenever he comes to play in a situation where he needs to build an innings or the team is in a decent position, he plays a lot more care free and throws his wicket. However, if the team is under a collapse and he knows that regardless of the situation he has to stay, he performs better as he does take a lot of risks to begin with
Old March 18, 2013, 08:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
i think its not about the batting slot that affects riyad.its the situation. Whenever he comes to play in a situation where he needs to build an innings or the team is in a decent position, he plays a lot more care free and throws his wicket. However, if the team is under a collapse and he knows that regardless of the situation he has to stay, he performs better as he does take a lot of risks to begin with
that's something he needs to overcome.
Old March 18, 2013, 11:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Bechara bou bacchar chintay khelay monojog dite partechena
Old March 19, 2013, 02:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Riyad fails only because of bad luck and conspiracy. He succeeds because of his total awesomeness.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 19, 2013, 03:07 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah ,sakib tamim

i gurantee the way he played and crush WI bowling in last odi series trust me their is no one in bangladesh team can bat like that , mominul ,ashraful , johurul , nasir cant ever go near him . i still remember how nasir mominul failed against kima roach 150 kmh ball on last series , but riyad is awsome on any pace bowling attack even he proves that again australia when he played 3 crucial knock and saves bangladsh from collapse against aussie , 1 series doesnt mean anythings , he is the only bangladesh player who hit 4 century in NCL on 4 matches , surely he will come back , only things killing him is leck of confidence on himself , he is averaging more than 33 on odi on 85 matches best bnagladesh player average after sakib
Old March 19, 2013, 03:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahidnyc
i gurantee the way he played and crush WI bowling in last odi series trust me their is no one in bangladesh team can bat like that , mominul ,ashraful , johurul , nasir cant ever go near him . i still remember how nasir mominul failed against kima roach 150 kmh ball on last series , but riyad is awsome on any pace bowling attack even he proves that again australia when he played 3 crucial knock and saves bangladsh from collapse against aussie , 1 series doesnt mean anythings , he is the only bangladesh player who hit 4 century in NCL on 4 matches , surely he will come back , only things killing him is leck of confidence on himself , he is averaging more than 33 on odi on 85 matches best bnagladesh player average after sakib
he has a lot of not outs that have helped him to that ODI average (24, with a highest score of only 68*). so let's say he is a good player against pace, most of the time a spinner or spinners will still be in the team, he's going to have to work on his play against spin if that's the flaw that's causing him to fail. performance talks, nasir might not look as pretty when he bats but he sure has been consistent.
Old March 19, 2013, 04:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
he has a lot of not outs that have helped him to that ODI average (24, with a highest score of only 68*). so let's say he is a good player against pace, most of the time a spinner or spinners will still be in the team, he's going to have to work on his play against spin if that's the flaw that's causing him to fail. performance talks, nasir might not look as pretty when he bats but he sure has been consistent.
yeah i seen how consistent he was against WI , thats his last 4 odi match when he was scared against kima roach 150 kmh ball 4 , 6 , 2 ,39 . man the truth doesnt sleep always it will wake up for sure , he did well in couplop match in test bcz their was no genuine fast bowler or real good bowler , but surely he will have to face those when bangladesh face team lyk south africa or australia , riyad showed his capablities against the best team lyk australia england ,wi ,,, but nasir didnt yet , so dont just compare riyad with nasir ,mominul ,ashraful etc
Old March 19, 2013, 04:24 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

^ Then why did Riyad flop against a worse bowling attack? Surely, he should be dominating them? What is his role in the team? Despite being VC, he doesn't bowl regularly nor does he bat high enough in the order to score a sizable quantity of runs.
Old March 19, 2013, 04:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
^ Then why did Riyad flop against a worse bowling attack? Surely, he should be dominating them? What is his role in the team? Despite being VC, he doesn't bowl regularly nor does he bat high enough in the order to score a sizable quantity of runs.
bcz he was just too confidence on this series , and had some bad luck , yeah surely he doesnt bowl regularly but still the 2nd highest wicket taker in this test series , u making a comparision lyk 1 series is all everythings whats riyad played , see every other series he been with for last 6 years , infact just look at the last series against WI , than probbaly u will know what is his role on the team , look at his history on 85 odi match , if u talking about test than look at his hard fought test century against kiwis , look how much he average against india , he is the only bangladesh player who is look like solid performer when he is on song plus the second best all rounder after sakib
Old March 19, 2013, 05:02 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

^^

What bad luck? Did you see him how you got out in the 1st test?

Did you see him how he got out in the first innings of 2nd test?? Describe that shot before we can argue coz the shot he played was never there. U don't cut a gd length deliver that is coming in

2nd out. Well, as a batsman he should know where his off stump is. it was a sla bowler who would always turned bowl away from him but he was playing as it was right hand who would bring the bowl in. Its a common sense. I'll give u 50/50 but first two of this series just proved what he is capable of.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 19, 2013, 05:04 AM

Quote:
bcz he was just too confidence on this series , and had some bad luck , yeah surely he doesnt bowl regularly but still the 2nd highest wicket taker in this test series , u making a comparision lyk 1 series is all everythings whats riyad played , see every other series he been with for last 6 years , infact just look at the last series against WI , than probbaly u will know what is his role on the team , look at his history on 85 odi match , if u talking about test than look at his hard fought test century against kiwis , look how much he average against india , he is the only bangladesh player who is look like solid performer when he is on song plus the second best all rounder after sakib
Prove ur argument with stats. Then i'll get back to u with some gd stats

Last edited by Nadim; March 19, 2013 at 06:12 AM..
Old March 19, 2013, 06:13 AM
MLC World Series I

Sometimes I wonder if zahidnyc is Riyad himself

joking
Old March 19, 2013, 06:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maysun

joking
bro i am not , but i fell like ALLAH gave me the brain to predict who is actually better , when i first saw tamim iqbal i knew he will be the big man for bangladesh i am the one who made the first thread to select him in a test against newzeland even tho most of the people was against it , but tamim made it through and become one of the most important player in bangladesh , trust me riyad is much better player than is just his bad luck in this series , but surely insha Allah he will do well in odi
Old March 19, 2013, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maysun

joking
Not unlikely. Just as AbirZ is really Abir (SN).
Old March 19, 2013, 06:25 AM

Shob i luck, ki r bolbo. Bad luck. Shobi amader kopal. Simon bhai tabij kora lagbo, koi apni?

Old March 19, 2013, 06:26 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
bro i am not , but i fell like ALLAH gave me the brain to predict who is actually better , when i first saw tamim iqbal i knew he will be the big man for bangladesh i am the one who made the first thread to select him in a test against newzeland even tho most of the people was against it , but tamim made it through and become one of the most important player in bangladesh , trust me riyad is much better player than is just his bad luck in this series , but surely insha Allah he will do well in odi
We have been saying that about Ashraful *counts finger* aaahh...for a decade?
Old March 19, 2013, 06:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Im probably gonna guess behin Zahid is one of Riyads relative..
Old March 19, 2013, 06:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Give him any batting position, just need to make sure that we lost the game and we don't need to win from here; he will give you an excellent innings...

Even remember his T20 innings against WI...he batted excellent, only because, it was decided that we can't chase that score, so go there and do ur batting...he I'd well...

Except 1/2 innings...bring out all his 50s ...or above; he played it considering, we lost it... You can see his dried lips and scared face every time he has to achieve a target...even 10 runs to win the match makes him like that...watch the videos if u don't believe...

We aren't talking this point after this thread...we are talking about this trend since his debut and he hasn't changed a little in this aspect...
Old March 19, 2013, 06:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Im probably gonna guess behin Zahid is one of Riyads relative..
I am not man , i lyk his batting bcz he can hit sixes really easily , and bcz one of the tallest player in bangladesh , example when chris gayle try to hit sixes it just too easy for him as the same for riyad , only very few bangladesh players are lyk that , and also bcz he played any fast bowler without any hesitation or without facing problem , thats why he becomes very effective sometimes