facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1251  
Old March 18, 2013, 07:55 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
It's good to see so many players are competing for a position in the team. Looks like Riyad is not a middle order batsman. He does well when he plays at the lower middle order with the tailenders but the problem is most of the time he can't win us a game specially while chasing. So basically with Momin doing well I think he won't be able to retain his place in the team. But I would still like to see him in one more series before dropping him from the test side as he started his test career so well and when he gets going he looks so solid.
i actually like riyad, i think he's a very useful player on his day.
Reply With Quote

  #1252  
Old March 18, 2013, 07:58 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
international quality teams will find this flaw and take advantage of it no matter where he bats. plus he doesn't deserve a push up the order based on this series. however you are probably right, he probably does bat better against pacers, batting in the lower order generally means you have to face the 2nd new ball as well.

but the thing is if ash doesn't work out at #3 then anamul deserves ago in that spot, so i don't think riyad should be given a chance at #3 at this stage.
You are right but against Non Asian countries, Riyad could have that advantage. If Ash doesnt work up the no. 3 slot, than both Anamul and Riyad need to be tested. Anamul can can bat lower if needed. So far he has been stronger against spin as well and has been below par on playing short/ bouncy deliveries. You cant have that for a top order batsman at test. and just to be clear, I am not saying Riyad will do better, I am just saying based on what we are seeing and what we saw, it might be a worthy experiment.
Reply With Quote
  #1253  
Old March 18, 2013, 07:59 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Based on what you said, so there is one guy who performed in a position. than he was promoted... he failed... so should you fire him or demote him?
this is where personal preference comes in. if you don't mind having a batsman batting at #8 in your test team then you should take riyad in your team. but if you want the bowling to be stronger and more potent then you'd probably rather take a bowler ahead of riyad.
Reply With Quote
  #1254  
Old March 18, 2013, 08:03 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
this is where personal preference comes in. if you don't mind having a batsman batting at #8 in your test team then you should take riyad in your team. but if you want the bowling to be stronger and more potent then you'd probably rather take a bowler ahead of riyad.
This is where Shakib plays a role. If he is playing, you can afford to go with 3 bowlers and have Riyad play down the order. But there is no Shakib, than you have to take 4 full time bowlers and thats where Riyad needs to bat higher or stay out of the squad
Reply With Quote
  #1255  
Old March 18, 2013, 08:03 PM
Max100's Avatar
Max100 Max100 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 12, 2012
Location: Queens,NYC
Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL
Posts: 2,851

riad is in off form--thats it. leave him alone.
Reply With Quote
  #1256  
Old March 18, 2013, 08:09 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
This is where Shakib plays a role. If he is playing, you can afford to go with 3 bowlers and have Riyad play down the order. But there is no Shakib, than you have to take 4 full time bowlers and thats where Riyad needs to bat higher or stay out of the squad
tbh even with shakib the bowling struggles to take the 20 wickets so taking 4 full time bowlers as well as shakib would be useful as well. but what you say is also true, when shakib isn't there riyad needs to to bat higher, which he hasn't been able to do successfully.
Reply With Quote
  #1257  
Old March 18, 2013, 08:11 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,634

i think its not about the batting slot that affects riyad.its the situation. Whenever he comes to play in a situation where he needs to build an innings or the team is in a decent position, he plays a lot more care free and throws his wicket. However, if the team is under a collapse and he knows that regardless of the situation he has to stay, he performs better as he does take a lot of risks to begin with
Reply With Quote
  #1258  
Old March 18, 2013, 08:48 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
i think its not about the batting slot that affects riyad.its the situation. Whenever he comes to play in a situation where he needs to build an innings or the team is in a decent position, he plays a lot more care free and throws his wicket. However, if the team is under a collapse and he knows that regardless of the situation he has to stay, he performs better as he does take a lot of risks to begin with
that's something he needs to overcome.
Reply With Quote
  #1259  
Old March 18, 2013, 11:07 PM
Rifat H's Avatar
Rifat H Rifat H is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 8, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 2,674

Bechara bou bacchar chintay khelay monojog dite partechena
Reply With Quote
  #1260  
Old March 19, 2013, 02:08 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,464

Riyad fails only because of bad luck and conspiracy. He succeeds because of his total awesomeness.
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #1261  
Old March 19, 2013, 03:07 AM
zahidnyc zahidnyc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 3, 2012
Location: newyork
Favorite Player: Mahmudullah ,sakib tamim
Posts: 121

i gurantee the way he played and crush WI bowling in last odi series trust me their is no one in bangladesh team can bat like that , mominul ,ashraful , johurul , nasir cant ever go near him . i still remember how nasir mominul failed against kima roach 150 kmh ball on last series , but riyad is awsome on any pace bowling attack even he proves that again australia when he played 3 crucial knock and saves bangladsh from collapse against aussie , 1 series doesnt mean anythings , he is the only bangladesh player who hit 4 century in NCL on 4 matches , surely he will come back , only things killing him is leck of confidence on himself , he is averaging more than 33 on odi on 85 matches best bnagladesh player average after sakib
Reply With Quote
  #1262  
Old March 19, 2013, 03:16 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahidnyc
i gurantee the way he played and crush WI bowling in last odi series trust me their is no one in bangladesh team can bat like that , mominul ,ashraful , johurul , nasir cant ever go near him . i still remember how nasir mominul failed against kima roach 150 kmh ball on last series , but riyad is awsome on any pace bowling attack even he proves that again australia when he played 3 crucial knock and saves bangladsh from collapse against aussie , 1 series doesnt mean anythings , he is the only bangladesh player who hit 4 century in NCL on 4 matches , surely he will come back , only things killing him is leck of confidence on himself , he is averaging more than 33 on odi on 85 matches best bnagladesh player average after sakib
he has a lot of not outs that have helped him to that ODI average (24, with a highest score of only 68*). so let's say he is a good player against pace, most of the time a spinner or spinners will still be in the team, he's going to have to work on his play against spin if that's the flaw that's causing him to fail. performance talks, nasir might not look as pretty when he bats but he sure has been consistent.
Reply With Quote
  #1263  
Old March 19, 2013, 04:14 AM
zahidnyc zahidnyc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 3, 2012
Location: newyork
Favorite Player: Mahmudullah ,sakib tamim
Posts: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
he has a lot of not outs that have helped him to that ODI average (24, with a highest score of only 68*). so let's say he is a good player against pace, most of the time a spinner or spinners will still be in the team, he's going to have to work on his play against spin if that's the flaw that's causing him to fail. performance talks, nasir might not look as pretty when he bats but he sure has been consistent.
yeah i seen how consistent he was against WI , thats his last 4 odi match when he was scared against kima roach 150 kmh ball 4 , 6 , 2 ,39 . man the truth doesnt sleep always it will wake up for sure , he did well in couplop match in test bcz their was no genuine fast bowler or real good bowler , but surely he will have to face those when bangladesh face team lyk south africa or australia , riyad showed his capablities against the best team lyk australia england ,wi ,,, but nasir didnt yet , so dont just compare riyad with nasir ,mominul ,ashraful etc
Reply With Quote
  #1264  
Old March 19, 2013, 04:24 AM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: the Hague
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 4,086

^ Then why did Riyad flop against a worse bowling attack? Surely, he should be dominating them? What is his role in the team? Despite being VC, he doesn't bowl regularly nor does he bat high enough in the order to score a sizable quantity of runs.
Reply With Quote
  #1265  
Old March 19, 2013, 04:54 AM
zahidnyc zahidnyc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 3, 2012
Location: newyork
Favorite Player: Mahmudullah ,sakib tamim
Posts: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
^ Then why did Riyad flop against a worse bowling attack? Surely, he should be dominating them? What is his role in the team? Despite being VC, he doesn't bowl regularly nor does he bat high enough in the order to score a sizable quantity of runs.
bcz he was just too confidence on this series , and had some bad luck , yeah surely he doesnt bowl regularly but still the 2nd highest wicket taker in this test series , u making a comparision lyk 1 series is all everythings whats riyad played , see every other series he been with for last 6 years , infact just look at the last series against WI , than probbaly u will know what is his role on the team , look at his history on 85 odi match , if u talking about test than look at his hard fought test century against kiwis , look how much he average against india , he is the only bangladesh player who is look like solid performer when he is on song plus the second best all rounder after sakib
Reply With Quote
  #1266  
Old March 19, 2013, 05:02 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 48,703

^^

What bad luck? Did you see him how you got out in the 1st test?


Did you see him how he got out in the first innings of 2nd test?? Describe that shot before we can argue coz the shot he played was never there. U don't cut a gd length deliver that is coming in

2nd out. Well, as a batsman he should know where his off stump is. it was a sla bowler who would always turned bowl away from him but he was playing as it was right hand who would bring the bowl in. Its a common sense. I'll give u 50/50 but first two of this series just proved what he is capable of.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #1267  
Old March 19, 2013, 05:04 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 48,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahidnyc
bcz he was just too confidence on this series , and had some bad luck , yeah surely he doesnt bowl regularly but still the 2nd highest wicket taker in this test series , u making a comparision lyk 1 series is all everythings whats riyad played , see every other series he been with for last 6 years , infact just look at the last series against WI , than probbaly u will know what is his role on the team , look at his history on 85 odi match , if u talking about test than look at his hard fought test century against kiwis , look how much he average against india , he is the only bangladesh player who is look like solid performer when he is on song plus the second best all rounder after sakib
Prove ur argument with stats. Then i'll get back to u with some gd stats

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Last edited by Nadim; March 19, 2013 at 06:12 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #1268  
Old March 19, 2013, 06:13 AM
Maysun's Avatar
Maysun Maysun is offline
MLC World Series I
 
Join Date: April 11, 2011
Posts: 5,909

Sometimes I wonder if zahidnyc is Riyad himself

joking
Reply With Quote
  #1269  
Old March 19, 2013, 06:20 AM
zahidnyc zahidnyc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 3, 2012
Location: newyork
Favorite Player: Mahmudullah ,sakib tamim
Posts: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maysun
Sometimes I wonder if zahidnyc is Riyad himself

joking
bro i am not , but i fell like ALLAH gave me the brain to predict who is actually better , when i first saw tamim iqbal i knew he will be the big man for bangladesh i am the one who made the first thread to select him in a test against newzeland even tho most of the people was against it , but tamim made it through and become one of the most important player in bangladesh , trust me riyad is much better player than is just his bad luck in this series , but surely insha Allah he will do well in odi
Reply With Quote
  #1270  
Old March 19, 2013, 06:20 AM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 22,099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maysun
Sometimes I wonder if zahidnyc is Riyad himself

joking
Not unlikely. Just as AbirZ is really Abir (SN).
Reply With Quote
  #1271  
Old March 19, 2013, 06:25 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 48,703

Shob i luck, ki r bolbo. Bad luck. Shobi amader kopal. Simon bhai tabij kora lagbo, koi apni?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #1272  
Old March 19, 2013, 06:26 AM
Maysun's Avatar
Maysun Maysun is offline
MLC World Series I
 
Join Date: April 11, 2011
Posts: 5,909

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahidnyc
bro i am not , but i fell like ALLAH gave me the brain to predict who is actually better , when i first saw tamim iqbal i knew he will be the big man for bangladesh i am the one who made the first thread to select him in a test against newzeland even tho most of the people was against it , but tamim made it through and become one of the most important player in bangladesh , trust me riyad is much better player than is just his bad luck in this series , but surely insha Allah he will do well in odi
We have been saying that about Ashraful *counts finger* aaahh...for a decade?
Reply With Quote
  #1273  
Old March 19, 2013, 06:40 AM
BD_TigerZ's Avatar
BD_TigerZ BD_TigerZ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 26, 2012
Posts: 6,872

Im probably gonna guess behin Zahid is one of Riyads relative..
Reply With Quote
  #1274  
Old March 19, 2013, 06:46 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705

Give him any batting position, just need to make sure that we lost the game and we don't need to win from here; he will give you an excellent innings...

Even remember his T20 innings against WI...he batted excellent, only because, it was decided that we can't chase that score, so go there and do ur batting...he I'd well...

Except 1/2 innings...bring out all his 50s ...or above; he played it considering, we lost it... You can see his dried lips and scared face every time he has to achieve a target...even 10 runs to win the match makes him like that...watch the videos if u don't believe...

We aren't talking this point after this thread...we are talking about this trend since his debut and he hasn't changed a little in this aspect...
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote
  #1275  
Old March 19, 2013, 06:46 AM
zahidnyc zahidnyc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 3, 2012
Location: newyork
Favorite Player: Mahmudullah ,sakib tamim
Posts: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Im probably gonna guess behin Zahid is one of Riyads relative..
I am not man , i lyk his batting bcz he can hit sixes really easily , and bcz one of the tallest player in bangladesh , example when chris gayle try to hit sixes it just too easy for him as the same for riyad , only very few bangladesh players are lyk that , and also bcz he played any fast bowler without any hesitation or without facing problem , thats why he becomes very effective sometimes
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket