facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old July 28, 2004, 01:04 PM
Banned

Cook gone!

Old July 28, 2004, 01:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

we are back in the game folks...the top order should click sometimes on this tour
Old July 28, 2004, 01:15 PM
Test Cricketer

finaly its stumps day 1 ENG 95/2/24ovr
Old July 28, 2004, 01:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!
Default STOP MAKING EXCUSES: We are not children!

Quote:
Originally posted by sageX
I understand that all the BD fans want to see results soon. It is important to keep it in mind that they are teen ager. Some of them are 15,16 or 17. Let them have some fun. Let them learn it on their own.

Indian teen ager see R. Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar and so on to learn. Who does our teen watch. Not much. They have to learn it on their own. Give them a supporting hand. Our support will make it easy for them to find the way.
Are you talking about U19 team or national team? Either way they are playing professional cricket here. It is not a place just to have fun like the ametuers do. This is business, they are supposed to be professional. If they are 14-18 years and are not ready to play they should not be in the team in the first place. They must act like professionals and play like professionals, otherwise they will be humiliated by rest of the teams by losing big.

Lets be serious please. There is plenty of places in school cricket for them to have fun, but not when are in the national teams. Here fun is when you are fighting hard for a win and competing neck to neck.

Like Indians, our young generations are also watching, STAR or ESPN where they can also see all the big name players, we have no disadvantage here. They are not learning on their own, they are surrounded with foreign and national coaches and players. They have the opportunity to see lots of international mathches by both being on and off the field. Not long ago, BD hosted U19 cricket championship.

Bottom line, lets just not come up with excuses that we are inexperienced, we are new, we are deprived of facilities, we dont have this or that. Its like you are already in a BIG WAR and you are crying and telling the enemy that "please dont kill me, I am so inexperienced and I have no arms to fight with". If you are not ready lets not even go to the war. It will save humiliations and distrespect from others.

Dont give others the opportunity to make fun of you and laugh at you. We are playing test cricket for 4 years now. If you are still not ready or are not capable of competing at this level, honestly speaking, I really dont think we deserve to be there anymore. We might not win overnight, but if we can't even compete then whats the point?

Every now and then in the USA we Bangladeshis are like a laughingstock of Indians and Pakistanis. Are we going to be humiliated like this forever? Is it just a game? When are we going to get serious? Somebody mentiioned that over the last 4 years, other teams also made progress, so ours is not obvious. Great then, over the nest 100 years, we will get better, but we will keep losing since others will also make progress. How insane is this?

Lets move forward with real professional attitude like what we see in NFL/MLB, lets make the players responsible for their actions leading the team down, besides giving them the best facicilities available within our capacity. Lets tell them, here in this stage, this is no joke or fun fun or do "whatever I want to do" anymore, it is the BIG league, where DO or DIE is the way to go. Perform, or get out of the way.
That is what makes a great team and a successful one.
Old July 28, 2004, 01:22 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

oh come on! this just after the first day! Already the daggers are out in full force. Please keep some of the post-mortem for the post-match (assuming the result qualifies as a mortem ). All this constant nagging is getting monotonous.
Old July 28, 2004, 01:41 PM
Retired BC Admin

Agree with reyme for most part. We should not look for lame excuses. However I don't see anything wrong with loosing to a better team. Loosing is never insane. We have been trying hard for only few years to reach where everybody else are for ages. We just can't go there overnight. It takes time, takes generations.

What we should be proud of is the progress we are making. The progress is slow and lower than we expect it to be. But nonetheless we are making steady progress.

This is probably the first time our young boys are playing 4 day match. Captain Cook's team is no crook team either. Is it really expected that we are capable of winning against teams that already proved their worth?

Ofcourse a win is in our hope and it will be in every match irrespective of the opponent. This is a fan thing. Nothing wrong with that. But we should always be ready to take anything not going our way as sportingly as possible without jumping guns.

At this stage of development, we really should expect good fight more often from both seniors and juniors. How often, I don't know. But it should be lot more often than before.

The game is not over yet for the U19 team, let alone the series which consists of 3 tests and 3 ODIs. So far our boys showed good fighting spirit and ability.

I'm proud of them.

[Edited on 7-28-2004 by chinaman : typo]
Old July 28, 2004, 01:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default cricinfo\'s somewhat erroneous report

England U19 79 for 1 (Cook 45*) trail Bangladesh U19 230 (Shamsur 68) by 151 runs

Bangladesh's Under-19s demonstrated that their senior side's new-found stickability is filtering through the age groups, as England were made to fight for the ascendancy on the opening day of the first Test at Headingley. After being reduced to 110 for 6 by Simon Cusden and Adam Harrison, Bangladesh fought back to a respectable 230, thanks to a counterattacking 68 from Shamsur Rahman, and an invaluable ninth-wicket stand between Nazmul Hossain and the captain, Enamul Haque jr.

Enamul, who played two Tests against England in the winter, bowled Bangladesh to victory over Australia in the final of the Plate Championship at the recent Under-19 World Cup, and once again he took the opportunity to demonstrate his burgeoning maturity. He made 36 from 83 balls, and Nazmul 33 from 117, as Bangladesh recovered from 143 for 8 to 221 for 9, at which point Luke Wright eventually dismissed both men.

England had won the toss and chose to bowl first in typically helpful Headingley conditions, whereupon Cusden and Harrison made the early incisions. Their former captain, Nafis Iqbal, who slapped England's senior players for a merry century in October, was removed for a fifth-ball duck, and Aftab Ahmed, another man to feature in the Bangladesh squad in that series, fell for 6.

Wickets fell at steady intervals thereafter, although Shamsur remained steadfast, and put away the bad deliveries while his team-mates struggled. When he eventually became Harrison's second victim of the innings, Bangladesh were staring at disaster at 143 for 8, but the tail wagged to excellent effect.

Bangladesh's mood improved even more when Joe Denly fell to his third delivery in England's reply, but Alistair Cook produced a captain's innings of 45 not out to carry England to a healthy 79 for 1 at the close, with his Essex team-mate, Ravinder Bopara, batting alongside him on 25.

W-CI's bulletin

--------------------
Erroneous coz stumps were drawn at 95/2 not 79/1!
Old July 28, 2004, 03:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Pretty decent fightback. First session tommorow might prve to be a deciding factor in the game. We need toget quick wickets at regular intervals, and the come in and put up a decent total. There is a lot of cricket left in this match.
Old July 28, 2004, 03:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by pompous
oh come on! this just after the first day! Already the daggers are out in full force. Please keep some of the post-mortem for the post-match

pompous, if you note carefully my mortem is really nothing to do with this match, i am against the ametuer attitude and taking too easy mode which can be very destructive. i think it is worth becoming very serious and be professional although we might not have that setting in the domestic leagues yet.

Amusingly I see more and more positive attitude and professionalism in McInnes era. For the senior team i am not sure why the coach is still experimenting on a daily basis. Experiments should be done in the practice, not on the battle ground.

With these u19 players in place, if we can avoid politics in the selection process, there are bright future ahead with this bunch
Old July 28, 2004, 03:51 PM
Cricket Legend

chinaman, thank you for your positive analysis. my opinion is really looking forward, not much to do with this match...

have you wached them play? did you see the body language difference between the senior and u19 team?
Old July 28, 2004, 04:11 PM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by reyme
have you wached them play? did you see the body language difference between the senior and u19 team?
Naa Bhai, I'm not that lucky. If you or anyone else can share observations, we'd highly appreciate it. Thanks.
Old July 28, 2004, 04:22 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default ?

Quote:
Originally posted by rana
finaly its stumps day 1 ENG 95/2/24ovr
is conflicting with cricinfo news
Quote:
Bangladesh's mood improved even more when Joe Denly fell to his third delivery in England's reply, but Alistair Cook produced a captain's innings of 45 not out to carry England to a healthy 79 for 1 at the close, with his Essex team-mate, Ravinder Bopara, batting alongside him on 25
which one is true? is cook actually out or not out?
Old July 28, 2004, 04:25 PM
Retired BC Admin

You are no good as an agent, Smith! I've to replace you.
Old July 28, 2004, 04:28 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default ?????

Quote:
Originally posted by chinaman
You are no good as an agent, Smith! I've to replace you.
what? can't u see i'm so good at finding the errors CracInfo is making?
Old July 28, 2004, 04:33 PM
Retired BC Admin

Alright, alright, you are good for something. I'll give you another chance.
Old July 28, 2004, 05:02 PM
Retired BC Admin

Default Report From Coach McInnes:

Brief scores from Day 1.

Tough day for BD lads after losing the toss and being sent in at Headingley, the most swing and seam friendly ground in England. Overcast conditions also made life difficult.

Bangladesh crashed to 99 for 5 at lunch before a partnership of 78 between Enamul Haque (30) and Nazmul Hossain (33) helped us reach 230 not long after tea. Shamsu Rahman was the only batsmen among the runs with a gritty and mature 68 after batting at number 4.

Reckless shots from Aftab Ahmed, Nafees Ahmed and Dhiman Ghosh saw them throw away their wickets after getting small starts.

England replied to be 2 for 95 at stumps with Cook and Henly back in the pavilion. Cook showed his class in the first over smashing Rajib to the mid wicket boundary 3 times. Cook made a total of 45, including 11 boundaries. He was dropped at second slip in the 3rd over of the innings which certainly hurt the Bangladesh cause. The bowlers will have to work well on day 2 to keep England in check.
Old July 28, 2004, 06:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

We will inshallah ... I dont think english will take any substantial lead .. infact .. they will collapse bellow our score .. and our youngster batsmans will cause a huricane of runs (which there seniors can't do) on their favor .. and again with ball they will tear down briton's batting line up ... which will give us an innings and some runs win (Hope it's not too optimistic)
Old July 28, 2004, 07:15 PM
First Class Cricketer

What is going on between Chinaman and agentsmith.Ohh They are so close! !

[Edited on 29-7-2004 by sageX]
Old July 28, 2004, 08:30 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Where is Mashrafi???

Does anyone know what has happend to Masrafi?

BD tigers could do with him right now. I think he and the u-19 Shahadat Hossain could be our Waqar-Wasim combanation.
Old July 28, 2004, 08:56 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by chinaman
Alright, alright, you are good for something. I'll give you another chance.

Hmm...Cman, you are acting like BD selectors with Sujon.

Prohor
Old July 28, 2004, 10:56 PM

Sorry for late reply.
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISH AHMED
Poorfan,

I've met the U19 boys and some of them have been playing only 3/4 years. Even some boys are 16/17 yrs old.
-->Definitely you must be more detailed than me then. Top order who faild, are
they 16/17? or they playing only 3/4 years? If they are then you got a point.

On the other hand the english boys have been playing for 6/7 yrs as they start off from school cricket then go on to age group level U13s, U14s U15s etc.
--->I think something BIG is missing our players, something basic.
Concentration,attitude,commitment,responsibility, sense all these are not technical
things.
You can not learn these things from playing, if you go for it, it will take lot of time.
If you have experience of attend foreign school or collage, you will understand how they learn those things.
If we can improve these things, we will
see a different picture.

Bd has only started age group cricket in the last 2/3 years.
--> As i mention earlier, I think the technical skill is not the matter here,
since the personality is involve, we can not improve those fields playing some years.
Besids, there is no assurance that we will improve to compete major teams after
playing 6/7 years.

Also if you think Bangladesh Crickters have the same facilities as the English, please think again and come into the real world.
-->As you said, the facilities are not same.
We may never have the same facilities that England have.
But that doesnt mean that we have to wait until we get the sama facilities.
And again, there is no assurance that we will improve to compete major teams after
having the same facilities.

All of these are my openion, you could be right because have the chance to look closer the team then me.
Old July 28, 2004, 11:23 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by akbar1
Does anyone know what has happend to Masrafi?

BD tigers could do with him right now. I think he and the u-19 Shahadat Hossain could be our Waqar-Wasim combanation.
You will find all your answers here:
http://banglacricket.com/alochona/vi...d.php?tid=6508

and

http://games.banglacricket.com/picture.php?p=43
Old July 28, 2004, 11:32 PM

STOP MAKING EXCUSES: We are not children!

reyme, this is the attitude we need to apply.
When people says about Inexperience,
lack of facility, lack of infrastructure and so and so, could be the "home work"
not an excuse any way. Thats the professionalism!
Its very easy to come up with those excuses and everybody can do that.
And we all know that there is no end of it, if we always think that way.
Nothing will be changed after a while and no one will be responsible.
That is the "Bangla professional way".
Old July 29, 2004, 01:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by PoorFan
STOP MAKING EXCUSES: We are not children!
You are not, but some in under 19 team are. If you want to make a professional out of a 15 year old. You might go to Jail for child Labor in England. As long as u r in BD you are safe though.

[Edited on 29-7-2004 by sageX]
Old July 29, 2004, 06:19 AM
Retired BC Admin

Eng: 148/4 after 45 overs. Nadif took 3 wickets.