facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 9, 2009, 07:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN
Default ICL to close shop?

This could well be biggest development of 2009. The rebel Indian Cricket League (ICL) is all set to be wound up, if the rumour mills are anything to go by. The buzz in the Indian cricket circles is that by the second week of January, the first signs of a rapproachment between the ICL and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is likely to emerge.

This follows a meeting held in New Delhi between the International Cricket Council (ICC) president David Morgan and vice-president Sharad Pawar with senior ICL officials including its chairman Subhash Chandra. Pawar, a former BCCI president is now leading the talks on behalf both India and also the ICC. The sum total of the discussions is likely to result in ICL being winding up and the ban on the players joining the league being lifted.

Also likely to go is the ban on Zee bidding for TV rights held by the BCCI. But the biggest development is likely to be the fact that ICL will be allowed to buy one team in BCCI's own Indian Premier League (IPL).

ICC on its part too likely to send a list of guidelines for ICL for it be integrated in the mainstream. All said, sources within the ICL and the BCCI claim that a major announcement is likely on January 31 when the ICC executive board meeting sits in Perth.
http://www.cricketnirvana.com/truth-...0090102-2.html

Good news guys we can see Alok and Aftab back in the BD team.Though I don't want SN in the team,he thinks he is smartest guy in the world.
Old January 9, 2009, 08:18 AM
Cricket Legend

I want none of those leech in my Bangladesh team. Anyway only Dhiman deserve a place - but he has already done enough for Bangladesh.
Old January 9, 2009, 08:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
I want none of those leech in my Bangladesh team. Anyway only Dhiman deserve a place - but he has already done enough for Bangladesh.
If really this is the case which I still doubt ...
I feel bad for HaBa, he has been earning from ICL without any performance (just selling his "former Captain of BD" label) .. BCB should not entertain HaBa as former captain even the news is right one... he did enough bad for our cricket by organising a cricket team for ICL!
Old January 9, 2009, 08:44 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

It would be absolutely great for cricket if they can patch up thier differences...
We could definitely use guys like Aftab and Alok in the team.
Ban lifted or not lifted, i dont want to see Dhiman anywhere near the national team. After all, as Shakeel bhai said, has done enough for the team.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 9, 2009, 08:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Ban lifted or not lifted, i dont want to see Dhiman anywhere near the national team. After all, as Shakeel bhai said, has done enough for the team.

Agreed. Forget Dhiman. Aftab we need though.
Old January 9, 2009, 09:39 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Oh happy day. It would be great to see alok, shahriar, nazim and Aftab back. I also can't wait for mosharraf hossain rubel to be back.
Old January 9, 2009, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Oh happy day. It would be great to see alok, shahriar, nazim and Aftab back. I also can't wait for mosharraf hossain rubel to be back.
I wouldn't like to see Aftab back. OK, maybe for T20's. Nazim can carry drinks. The rest are must-haves.
Old January 9, 2009, 09:57 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I want Dhiman to be back in the Test side along with Mosharraf Rubel.

Aftab and SN should be back in the ODI squad.
Old January 9, 2009, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Even in ICL Aftab cannot score more than 30-40, i don't want him in the team. I think SN and Alok will be great for the team.
Old January 9, 2009, 11:54 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

we need alok and nafees bak.
rest of them can stay put
Old January 9, 2009, 01:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I want Alex back!
Old January 9, 2009, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Very good news for us and cricket. Hope it happens.

Most importantly we can back all our players in the domestic circuit. We need them to make it more competitive. If they perform well, anybody from ICL can get to play for BD, i have no objection.

I think we need Mosharraf, SN, Aftab, Alok. Dhiman can be considered for Tests for his wicket-keeping. But again firstly, lets have them back. They are good players and we are going to loose nothing but may gain many things if they are back.
Old January 9, 2009, 05:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

IF and a big if....
Most here want Aftab Alok back. Where? In the national team? Shobar memory etho kharap? Do I have to remind everyone what they said or how they performed? T20 cricket kono measuring stick hoilo? Whom they are going to replace? Rokibul? Nayeem? They are not openers so Zunaid is out of the equation. Or is it people are still after Shakib?

Bhai'rey,
Gas, electricity, solar, Gasoline power'er upor nirbhorshil hon. AA, AAA battery'r joog shesh. Dhiman should be fine. A little competition will do Mushi a world of good.
Old January 10, 2009, 09:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
IF and a big if....
Most here want Aftab Alok back. Where? In the national team? Shobar memory etho kharap? Do I have to remind everyone what they said or how they performed? T20 cricket kono measuring stick hoilo? Whom they are going to replace? Rokibul? Nayeem? They are not openers so Zunaid is out of the equation. Or is it people are still after Shakib?
I really don't see a place for Aftab. Alok could get a chance for Mehrab/Nayeem with his bowling. If he can perform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Bhai'rey,
Gas, electricity, solar, Gasoline power'er upor nirbhorshil hon. AA, AAA battery'r joog shesh. Dhiman should be fine. A little competition will do Mushi a world of good.
Dhiman can be in the WK in Tests & Mushy plays as a batsman up the order, while Mushy does ODI WK if he can improve his ODI batting.

Above all, I still am not sure that ICL could be scrapped. Lots of things are at stake with that decision. It might be the proposal of ICC/BCCI, but don't think ICL could agree to scrap the entire tournament.
Old January 9, 2009, 06:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I doubt Raqibul could play Ashley Giles right now

I know Aftab is better fielder than most of the new players, He's the perfect 6 or 7 in ODI's

Move Mushifiq to 1st Slip he can still be chirpy and Give Dhiman the Gloves.

Nayeem, Aftab, Ryiad, Alok and Rock can all compete in the Shorter Formats

Tamim badly needs to score runs hopefully he can get healthy vs Zimbabwe, else I will welcome back Minnow Basher with open Arms
Old January 9, 2009, 07:02 PM
Cricket Legend

I want SN,AK and AA.
Old January 9, 2009, 07:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

bring dhiman to the test team and play mushy as a batsman? might help the team alot actually, also SN, alok and even aftab might be useful but they shouldn't come straight back into the national line-up. really they should have to start from scratch again imo, i mean really they should have to regain the trust of the selectors and i hope that is the case and they're made to prove themselves.
Old January 9, 2009, 07:32 PM
Cricket Legend

IMHO we should only take some of these guys for T20 matches and a few ODI's , we all know how all of them suck at tests (besides SN though).
Old January 9, 2009, 09:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

no more alok period. he can't score against semi good bowling of lahor Badhsha let alone intl teams...

Only two player should be considered r aftab and SN. I would have love to see dhiman back but the amount of bad mouth he did before leaving i doubt that BCB will forget that...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 10, 2009, 08:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
no more alok period. he can't score against semi good bowling of lahor Badhsha let alone intl teams...

Only two player should be considered r aftab and SN. I would have love to see dhiman back but the amount of bad mouth he did before leaving i doubt that BCB will forget that...
In fact it wasn't his fault. Since he is one of the very few who talks English, the journalist talked to him and he was talking on behalf of the team. So it wasn't purely his personal point of view.
Old January 9, 2009, 09:30 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

ALOK, SN, Rubel for ODis, Alok, SN, Aftab, Rubel for 20-20, SN, Dhimi, and possible Alok and Rubel for tests based on performance. Cricinfo did not have any news on this and neither did indiancricketleague.in (the ICl official site). Let's not get excited over the IFs.
Old January 10, 2009, 02:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

dissapointing to see that most people do not understand and appreciate the fact that these cricket players need the financial security to play cricket professionally. Because Bangladesh Cricket Board has failed to create an infrastructure where players get compensated well for taking up cricket as a profession even if they do not make the national team, we are witnessing folks like Shahriar Nafees, Aftab, Kapali playing in leagues like ICL. in my books, comments like "
I want none of those leech in my Bangladesh team. Anyway only Dhiman deserve a place - but he has already done enough for Bangladesh." by "the Best" is alarmingly discomforting and disrespectful. In my books that kind of comment is worse than abusive "galagali." Hope mods take some action and put out some serious warning.
Old January 10, 2009, 06:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

After today's performance there shouldn't be any doubt to bring back Alok, SN and Aftab in the team, if ICL really validated by BCCI. Have seen quite much of these newbies, they are just too unfit at this level of cricket. Inclusion of ICL exodus will not overnight make us wolrdcup holder but surely they will make huge diffrence of the game.
Old January 10, 2009, 08:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Getting these players back should be the first priority now. It is a necessity. Although I would like them back without the ICL having to close as the players can play with much more freedom, peace of mind and without having the financial worry at the back of their minds. And also because I loved every single match that the Dhaka Warriors played. They are unlikely to get IPL contracts so they need the money. But we have to get them back any way possible.

Alok, SN and possibly MH Rubel can make the Test team.
Alok, SN, Aftab and Dhiman can make the ODI team
And Alok, SN, Aftab, Nazim, Dhiman, MH Rubel can all make the T20 team.
Old January 10, 2009, 09:48 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

commmmmmmmmmm on alok we need u