facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 14, 2017, 01:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
our tribal brothers and sisters in Chittagong hill tracks. .
What have you been smoking?
Those are illegal settlers from China and around and they caused us a lot of grief for many years. They are illegal immigrants who have occupied our land!

Old June 14, 2017, 01:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Those are illegal settlers from China and around and they caused us a lot of grief for many years. They are illegal immigrants who have occupied our land!
Your local mosque mullah told you that?
They are indigenous people... look it up in the dictionary if you dont know what that means. They have been living in those land long before your ancestors have been living here.
Old June 14, 2017, 01:27 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
They are indigenous people... look it up in the dictionary if you dont know what that means. They have been living in those land long before your ancestors have been living here.
You just assume a mollah told him that? Cant it be from his ignorance?

And singara what are u smoking mate? Do you even know the meaning of indigenous people?
Old June 14, 2017, 01:49 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

its because all ignorance has to come from mullahs. but I do agree that they are natives of the land and should have all rights just like any other Bdeshi. The notion that they came from China and that it was mullah inspired are both equally idiotic.
Old June 14, 2017, 02:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
its because all ignorance has to come from mullahs. but I do agree that they are natives of the land and should have all rights just like any other Bdeshi. The notion that they came from China and that it was mullah inspired are both equally idiotic.
I am sorry if it hurt your religious sentiment, although I am not sorry about the comment.
Let me explain..
For over 15 + years, I have attended prayers (at-least on Fridays) in Dhaka in 4 separate localities. I have heard the imam pray countless times for Palestinian people (no harm in that)... they have even cried profusely for the Palestinians during those prayers. Never (not for once) in 15 + years I have seen them pray for the indigenous people. Or the people whose land were confiscated by the government (mainly Bangladeshi hindus) under the "vested property act".... Their plight was in no way less significant than that of the Palestinians and they are our own people... So I know what I said and I stand by it.
Old June 14, 2017, 03:46 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
I am sorry if it hurt your religious sentiment, although I am not sorry about the comment.
Let me explain..
For over 15 + years, I have attended prayers (at-least on Fridays) in Dhaka in 4 separate localities. I have heard the imam pray countless times for Palestinian people (no harm in that)... they have even cried profusely for the Palestinians during those prayers. Never (not for once) in 15 + years I have seen them pray for the indigenous people. Or the people whose land were confiscated by the government (mainly Bangladeshi hindus) under the "vested property act".... Their plight was in no way less significant than that of the Palestinians and they are our own people... So I know what I said and I stand by it.
you didn't hurt my feelings so its all good.

the plight of the indigenous people was portrayed and taught to us differently. throughout our school curriculum and in the media there was hardly ever any mention of their sufferings. I mostly heard about them through personal anecdotes. while the Israel Palestine is a global hot issue and dominates the newspapers and news channels.

we have slowly encroached their lands. the govt took their lands and gave it local bangalis.

we Bangalis are very ignorant of indigenous people. there is no sugarcoating it. but that ignorance is not fault of the 4 imams that you prayed behind. it is a systemic and maybe a governmental propaganda to a certain extent. so blaming the media, curriculum, govt is more apt than those 4 imams.

I know blaming muslims and mullas for all the ignorance and mischief in the world is the trend and cool things nowadays. but this is not such a case.
Old June 14, 2017, 06:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
you didn't hurt my feelings so its all good.

the plight of the indigenous people was portrayed and taught to us differently. throughout our school curriculum and in the media there was hardly ever any mention of their sufferings. I mostly heard about them through personal anecdotes. while the Israel Palestine is a global hot issue and dominates the newspapers and news channels.

we have slowly encroached their lands. the govt took their lands and gave it local bangalis.

we Bangalis are very ignorant of indigenous people. there is no sugarcoating it. but that ignorance is not fault of the 4 imams that you prayed behind. it is a systemic and maybe a governmental propaganda to a certain extent. so blaming the media, curriculum, govt is more apt than those 4 imams.

I know blaming muslims and mullas for all the ignorance and mischief in the world is the trend and cool things nowadays. but this is not such a case.
So thats the excuse , Ignorance???
Government propaganda?

So whats the excuse for Ramu?
Whats the excuse for 40+ years of systematic grappling of hindu land and forcing them to abscond to India (look up on vested property act)?

And 4 imams ? really?
Please tell me and I hope you will be truthful, when was it ever that you heard imams in any bangladeshi mosques showing any concern for a life other than those of muslims?
It is not a cool thing to blame mullahs... it is a scary thing.....

If I say the same thing in open, I will be a target of Hefazots... And If I am killed there will be many apologetics (may be including yourself) who would call me an atheist and somehow justify it...
Again my friend, It is not cool, it is scary.. I mean very very very scary...... On a forum disguised in an alias is probably the last remaining place where one can criticize these maniacs. Look what is happening to Sultana Kamal... read up on her.
Old June 15, 2017, 02:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
I agree with you when you say that our country does not give some importantance to indigenous people and their areas.

However using the Mullah as a counter was not appropriate.
Old June 15, 2017, 02:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
There have been many settlers that have come to Bangladesh. Calling them illegal is also not validated.

Before there was not much order control and people moved from place to place to call their homes. They are as much a Bangladeshi as you are albeit being from different ethnic groups.

Also like tonmy mullah reference and your smoking one isn't healthy for a civil debate.

Be Cool and Be Bangladeshi 😀
Old June 15, 2017, 01:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
You just assume a mollah told him that? Cant it be from his ignorance?

And singara what are u smoking mate? Do you even know the meaning of indigenous people?
How are they indigenous?
Civilaztion was born in Mesopotamia and mankind went all directions from here. The Aryans settled in Harappa and Mohenjodaro and they are our ancestors. How can people who went further towards China , started a civilization there and then came back towards BD be called indigenous? And, I have a lot of suspicion that these people could be Rohingyas.Who knows how long Burma has been forcibly slipping in Rohingyas to BD?
Old November 26, 2017, 01:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Human civilization is a linear constant progressive 'process'. The earliest found/discovered trace of 'human civilization' (through a gauge of materialism) so far had been recorded in and around the Tigris/Eufretis(!) (Mesopotamia) - but city concept or human domestic living standard did not just happen there overnight or develop exactly there from zero as a pin-point center. Time is not like a water fountain with a center-point source of origin, it is simultanious, and progress in human living condition are multi-origin. SOme are tracable due to local climate and some evaporated/deleted due to differnet geo-condition, earthquakes, major platonic shifting, and water rise- but are still being stumbled upon, discovered and being traced.

The Rohingya(!) people are not classified or considered as mongoloid or have any similarities with 'far eastern' feature. Their facial feature, skin color and physical build are of Ind-Dravidian - they look more like us, Bangladeshis than Burmese or our tribal indeginious people i.e. Chakmas, Murongs or Khasias. Therefore Myanmar (the Burmese government, military and the specific genocide causing Buddhist extremists) rationalize oppressing the Rohingyas and out-root them from their home and push them toward Bangladesh by calling them Bengalies.
Old November 26, 2017, 01:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Getting back to the original question of the thread: About Israel and recognizing/accepting & building relationship with her.
Saudi Arabia is getting ready to fly the blue on white 'star of David' in Riyadh soon.