facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 11, 2005, 05:54 AM
Club Cricketer

I was there in the Northampton, when we beat Pakistan. I could not tell you the feeling, arch rival or not beating Pakistan is the best, I am waiting when we would regularly beat them and we hold our head high. Zim or Kenya is not the point as it does not raise the passion. Same like NZ or Srilanka they are just other team but when it is Pakistan there is more than cricket, it really hurts me the last Pakistan tour in Bangladesh. Next one to come in Pakistan March 2006 Asia Cup, we would be there to beat them.....

Old February 11, 2005, 06:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Kenya? How many games we played against them? Indian A and Pakistan A beat kenya regularly.
Old February 11, 2005, 10:27 AM
Club Cricketer

Let's raise the bar as high as possible ans say Australia!!!

Just kidding. I don't have a particular team in mind but sure would like to Beat Pakistan and India.
Old February 11, 2005, 10:43 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by ibnul
I was there in the Northampton, when we beat Pakistan. I could not tell you the feeling, arch rival or not beating Pakistan is the best, I am waiting when we would regularly beat them and we hold our head high. Zim or Kenya is not the point as it does not raise the passion. Same like NZ or Srilanka they are just other team but when it is Pakistan there is more than cricket, it really hurts me the last Pakistan tour in Bangladesh. Next one to come in Pakistan March 2006 Asia Cup, we would be there to beat them.....
Yes I agree 100%. Would like to beat India as well. I'm so tired of all the condescention from my Indian friends/collegues.
Old February 11, 2005, 10:57 AM
Cricket Legend

The arch rivalry changes from time to time and depends on different contexts.
Once upon a time, Zimbabwe was our archrival on the context of ICC Championship and participation in the WC. Later on Kenya replaced Zimbabwe on the same context. UAE was also once our archrival.
But at present Zimbabwe is our archrival, but here the context is different. We have to prove ourselves a better team than Zimbabwe consistently as a step forward for getting upgraded to 1st tier, if it's going to be imposed.
Old February 12, 2005, 03:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

Zimbabwe I think.
Old February 12, 2005, 04:44 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I dare to say.. Kenya is not more our rival.

Yes they were... but with their current downfall, and BD team's recent reformation over the last 2 years or so.. they will find it tough to compete, no doubt!

You can call two teams as 'Arch-Rivals' when both sides usually tend to win 50%-vs-50% of the matches and the contest is fairly even.

Even the current ZIM team will stumble a bit against us, which already surfaced in the last series. Only when BD committed suicide, the ZIM's could get on top.

BD team's biggest rivalry, at the moment is probably, the ZIM side with the Streak & Co. back in the team. All other sides are either good distance behind BD or far ahead.
Old February 12, 2005, 09:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mon
It has to be India. Frakkhar protishod nitay hobey.
Totally agree with you there my man!
Old February 12, 2005, 12:38 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Zimbabwe consisting of the following players:

1. Heath Streak
2. Andy Flower
3. Grant Flower
4. Guy Whittall
5. Alistair Campbell
6. Paul Strang
7. Henry Olonga
8. Sean Ervine
9. Stuart Carlisle
10. Eddo Brandes

Because:

It is not necessary that we have to win when we face them. But we have to live upto the expectation standard set by the above Zimbabwean team.

For example:

1. We must draw more test matches by playing full 5 tests
2. We must win a test match away from home
3. We must consistently beat a particular test team of our liking as Zimbabwe have beaten England most of the times whenever the matches were played in England
4. We must beat at least one test opponent in each tournament that we play - again, following Zimbabwe's (above team's) footsteps.

So what does it tell you? Our rivals is the above Zimbabwean team, because whenever we achieve some success, any win against any team, the thing that we have to constantly face is that the Zimbabwe team (consisting of mostly above players) had such & such records, so in order to be truely appreciated, by general cricket fans outside of Bangladesh, we simply have to achieve the standard set by the above former & current Zimbabwean players. There is simply no other way.
Old February 12, 2005, 02:27 PM
Club Cricketer

KENYA

--They rank higher than us in the ODI rankings.
--They have reached the semi finals of world cup and we didnt win a single game in that tournament.
--They dont even play test cricket.

These are the most agonising facts. We have a score to settle against Kenya before anything else.