facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 16, 2017, 06:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Default Bowlers struggling to adjust to training approach & method?

One major problem for the bowling coach to deal with has been the rapid decline in trust, belief and execution ability of Bangladeshi pacers. While the bowling coach has continually stressed that more attention has to be paid to bowler’s consistency, control and variation, this has not translated into a coherent approach.

While it may not have been the original intention of Courtney Walsh to change the method and approach used by former bowling coach, the focus on consistency, control and variation has failed to achieve the desired result.

The former bowling coach, Heath Streak stated in an interview to sports360.com, ‘There is a lot of hard work that goes on behind the scenes in terms of technical work, also a lot of tactical awareness in terms of them knowing what their roles are and how to go about their work. I think that’s where we managed to change that.’

The focus under Heath Streak was more on technical and tactical aspect of bowling. Under the new bowling coach, bowlers are required to focus on consistency, control and variation. Clearly not all the bowlers have been able to grasp this new approach to bowling, focusing on consistency, control and variation.

Does Courtney Walsh have the necessary skills as a bowling coach to identify that bowlers are failing to understand his approach and adjust to a better functional method? That may lead to a performing bowling unit?

Old October 16, 2017, 08:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Walsh stealing a living off his name. End off. Sack this dude as soon as you get back to BD. Even Rampakasa or whatever that SL bowling coach was called, didnt do as bad.
Old October 16, 2017, 09:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Walsh stealing a living off his name. End off. Sack this dude as soon as you get back to BD. Even Rampakasa or whatever that SL bowling coach was called, didnt do as bad.
I think Walsh went into coaching too early. Should have gone through some coaching programmes etc. Just feel like he has no idea what his doing.
Old October 16, 2017, 09:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Another walsh is of no use thread?

Edit: I love it. I want him gone also. If BCB had a backbone, they would do it immediately!
Old October 16, 2017, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Another walsh is of no use thread?

Edit: I love it. I want him gone also. If BCB had a backbone, they would do it immediately!
I think it does say something about our bowlers though. They are not responsive to some method of training etc. I mean you can't expect them to function like other country bowlers. Maybe if the approach and method Walsh used on other countries, it may work as they might have a higher intellectual understanding etc. Our bowlers seem to be non-responsive to Walsh at the moment.

That tells me, his approach isn't suitable for them, whatever training/methods his using.
Old October 16, 2017, 12:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
I think it does say something about our bowlers though. They are not responsive to some method of training etc. I mean you can't expect them to function like other country bowlers. Maybe if the approach and method Walsh used on other countries, it may work as they might have a higher intellectual understanding etc..
Imagine the amount of training an English fast bowler has before he makes his international debut compared to a BD pacer. The Englishman will have already bowled to quality batsmen in the county scene, while the BD pacer have only bowled to not too good batsmen (for lack of a better term).

A team matches help, but there need to be a strategic plan in place for the long term; I think this is where BD is lacking in.
Old October 16, 2017, 12:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Imagine the amount of training an English fast bowler has before he makes his international debut compared to a BD pacer. The Englishman will have already bowled to quality batsmen in the county scene, while the BD pacer have only bowled to not too good batsmen (for lack of a better term).

A team matches help, but there need to be a strategic plan in place for the long term; I think this is where BD is lacking in.
A lot of the responsibility falls on the shoulder of BCB. Firstly, they signed Walsh, who had no prior experience of working with undeveloped bowlers like ours. When they signed Heath Streak, he had solid experience with Zimbabwe, their bowling is relatively similar to ours in terms of development issues etc. We needed a coach that had those skills, being able to work with not fully developed bowlers, yet be effective. That was a fundamental error by BCB. Walsh maybe more suitable for teams like SA/Eng/Australia.. as he doesn't have those quality required to develop players. But for teams like BD/Zim etc.. doesn't suit him.
Old October 17, 2017, 03:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Its hard for me to understand why Rubel, Taskin are bowling at such low pace. Fizz was also bowling around 140 kph during Streak's time.

What was Streak doing that was enabling these guys to bowl at high pace during those times? Better fitness? Confidence? What could have changed so soon?
Old October 17, 2017, 05:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Its hard for me to understand why Rubel, Taskin are bowling at such low pace. Fizz was also bowling around 140 kph during Streak's time.

What was Streak doing that was enabling these guys to bowl at high pace during those times? Better fitness? Confidence? What could have changed so soon?
Streak mentioned in one article how he wants the bowlers to express themselves.
Not sure if the bowlers under Walsh feel restricted or something.
Old October 17, 2017, 05:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Taskin Ahmed the hidden passenger is getting free passes into the team, even though his line and length is worse than my club cricket team. Why is he rated so highly, can someone explain to me why.

Old October 17, 2017, 06:01 AM
Cricket Legend

He is highly rated because he has the raw ingredients to become a top pacer. The height, the strong shoulders, a naturally aggressive attitude.

Not putting any of that to use. Become a medium fast bowler, lost his accuracy...and his head too.
Old October 17, 2017, 06:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
He is highly rated because he has the raw ingredients to become a top pacer. The height, the strong shoulders, a naturally aggressive attitude.

Not putting any of that to use. Become a medium fast bowler, lost his accuracy...and his head too.
But he doesn't have the most important thing of all. A functioning humanoid brain.
Old October 17, 2017, 09:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Taskin doesn't seem a intelligent bowler to me. Bowling has been awful this year.
Old October 17, 2017, 09:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

From the pitch map, Yorkers were all dot balls. Short pitch ones boundary or runs.
Old October 17, 2017, 04:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

amader bowler gula jeno bowler na, ekekta contraceptive pill.
Old October 17, 2017, 06:56 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:

you can have all the ingredients in the world but at the end of the day, you need to know how to cook.. or those ingredients doesnt mean ****
Old October 17, 2017, 08:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

There has been a visible pace drop which has translated in all the bowling department being ordinary. Experienced batters are just toying with such hit me balls with no venoms. We never had swing in armory but Taskin could seam it, now he isn't able to and Rubel could hurry the batsmen and do reverse, again he isn't able to. What you are seeing is a decrease in ability, whether it is attributed to them not practicing hard or trying, or even forgotten memories or loss of form I don't know.

What is visible is that they are not learning from it, they are not correcting their mistakes. They are not trying hard. They are not putting in extra efforts. Nobody is taking responsiblity and saying I will get the job done. Nobody is putting any responsibility on them (Mash on an interview said the bowlers are trying and have the right mentality). There is a lot of things lacking in the system.

The pitch match of Taskin, I had brought this up years back. I think against NZ, if you want I can bring that post up after searching. The same thing was repeated in that post, Taskin even got wickets with balls pitched up yet he didn't correct his length. He sprayed all over, specially with half pitched ones. I wonder how a bowler who consistently hit good length in the last Asia cup and scared batters with pace and bounce slide so much, it is really a shame and a huge disappointment.

Not the coach's problem, this and that, whatever! There has been a clear decline and we need to address that. We can't throw away the experience of Taskin or Rubel or Mustafizur. We have invested heavily in them. I don't want to wait another 10 years for another disappointment. But the point is, we can introduce changes slowly if nothing works and we may have to. As a speedster we already have Ebadat and we may need to get in some venom in this attack. Coz currently our bowling attack is toothless, a walk in the park, even toddlers can play this IMO, even the U-19s will bash them for 300+. It is a shameful shamful condition of the bowlers we are seeing.
Old October 17, 2017, 09:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
There has been a visible pace drop which has translated in all the bowling department being ordinary. Experienced batters are just toying with such hit me balls with no venoms. We never had swing in armory but Taskin could seam it, now he isn't able to and Rubel could hurry the batsmen and do reverse, again he isn't able to. What you are seeing is a decrease in ability, whether it is attributed to them not practicing hard or trying, or even forgotten memories or loss of form I don't know.

What is visible is that they are not learning from it, they are not correcting their mistakes. They are not trying hard. They are not putting in extra efforts. Nobody is taking responsiblity and saying I will get the job done. Nobody is putting any responsibility on them (Mash on an interview said the bowlers are trying and have the right mentality). There is a lot of things lacking in the system.

The pitch match of Taskin, I had brought this up years back. I think against NZ, if you want I can bring that post up after searching. The same thing was repeated in that post, Taskin even got wickets with balls pitched up yet he didn't correct his length. He sprayed all over, specially with half pitched ones. I wonder how a bowler who consistently hit good length in the last Asia cup and scared batters with pace and bounce slide so much, it is really a shame and a huge disappointment.

Not the coach's problem, this and that, whatever! There has been a clear decline and we need to address that. We can't throw away the experience of Taskin or Rubel or Mustafizur. We have invested heavily in them. I don't want to wait another 10 years for another disappointment. But the point is, we can introduce changes slowly if nothing works and we may have to. As a speedster we already have Ebadat and we may need to get in some venom in this attack. Coz currently our bowling attack is toothless, a walk in the park, even toddlers can play this IMO, even the U-19s will bash them for 300+. It is a shameful shamful condition of the bowlers we are seeing.
Quote:
There has been a visible pace drop which has translated in all the bowling department being ordinary.
Agree. Vs UAE Asia Cup

Quote:
. I wonder how a bowler who consistently hit good length in the last Asia cup
Which Asia cup are you talking about, Taskin has always been a short ball fanatic. His line and length is always garbage, not the coaches fault on this one

VS INDIA

VS Pakistan

VS Sri Lanka

Taskin Ahmed length has always been made at International level, no matter the coach.

Under Heath Streak

VS ENGLAND WORLD CUP

VS NZ WORLD CUP

Conclusion
Under Streak it did not matter if he bowled 10-15 short balls, he kept it under control and was able to ball fast, I guess that compensated it, but Taskins line is worrying with his lack of pace.
Old October 18, 2017, 12:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Its clear Streak made those plans and Taskin executed. Taskin doesnt have half a brain to bowl like that what he did under Streak.
Old October 18, 2017, 01:34 AM
Test Cricketer

So, no match thread this time,huh? All you are that much pissed?