facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Simulation and Fantasy Cricket

Simulation and Fantasy Cricket Sub forum for all simulation and fantasy related topics

Old August 7, 2012, 03:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Draft Tips:

Injury List: Shakib al Hasan, Pat Cummins, Kumar Sangakarra, Brett Lee + more. Watch out for more of those when you draft.

(While I won't not apply the WHOLE real. I'll convert it into our time length.)
Good thing you pointed this out, because otherwise I would have picked up Shakib with my first round pick if no one picked him. On the draft thread, edit your post and just put a section in as Draft Tips and put that in there. I know a lot of people will miss this post.

Old August 7, 2012, 03:48 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Also when your turn comes, what if you are not available for few hours? Than you are holding everybody else back. Do we get a certain number of hours that we have to make our call in between that time? I can usually go on BC when I'm at work, but I might get held up for an hour or so, that usually doesn't happen too often.

Anytime after 4 pm Eastern Time will work for me.

Are we allowed to trade our draft positions? Like for example, Kholi gives me his 1st round draft position, and in return I give him my turn in the first round, as well as a pick from another round. I know this will make it really complicated for you Dillu, but I'm just wondering since we will be able to pick up players from the left over bunch once the draft is over, so I don't necessarily have to pick a player in every round.
Yup. That's just gonna be very tough for me.

How about this. We go through the first round without skipping anyone. We'll wait for everyone to get a chance to see that the draft has started. That will also give me a chance to see who will make us wait, and who won't.

I expect you, Z, SNR, ATMR, Maysun, Isnaad, Kohli, Moc, Nadim, NW, to get it done and not make us wait. Then there are T_E, KP, Tonoy, BK who aren't as active (but hopefully will be after first round).
Old August 7, 2012, 03:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Can't we just do the usual draft format?

With the 9th pick of the 1st Round 2012 MLC Draft Team Name select Player Name from Country
Old August 7, 2012, 03:59 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Don't get it. =S
Old August 7, 2012, 04:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
^ Don't get it. =S
So for example when it's my turn to pick in the first round I will post

With the 3rd pick of the 1st Round of 2012 MLC Draft, Boston Celtics Select Shakib Al Hasan from Bangladesh. Isn't that how they usually announce the picks?
Old August 7, 2012, 04:13 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
So for example when it's my turn to pick in the first round I will post

With the 3rd pick of the 1st Round of 2012 MLC Draft, Boston Celtics Select Shakib Al Hasan from Bangladesh. Isn't that how they usually announce the picks?
oh that. lol completely changed the subject so I got confused. Umm.. I just wanted a nice list so it's clear who chose who, and no picks the same player over and over again, like it happened with coaches.

Once Philly Flyers pick their player all the next guy has to do is just quote him, delete the quote code and list his pick under Flyers.
Old August 7, 2012, 04:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Just reserve a space for each team according to draft order in the draft thread, and all of the players selected by a particular team would be edited into the same round-by-round post on a single page. That should avoid any confusion. Example:

Quote:
5. San Francisco Sharks

Round 1: Chris Gayle, West Indies

Round 2: Lasith Malinga, Sri Lanka

Round 3: Shakib Al Hasan, Bangladesh

(through Round 16)

Inactive and Reserve Players Signed but Outside the Roster:

1. Md. Rokibul Hasan Nauyon

2. Khondokar Md. Rajin Saleh Alam

3. Md. Nazimuddin

4. Myshukur Rahman
Also, please tell the GMs (PM all 16) to log on at a specific time so that all of us can be here at the same time for the draft. Nobody has the right to make others wait. They should lose their turn and make do with what's left. That's the real incentive to show up. One shouldn't be a GM if they can't show up for the draft.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 7, 2012, 05:05 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ I PMed everyone (did you not get yours? =S) asking them to pick a specific time to start the draft. Just a couple of time suggestions so far.
Old August 7, 2012, 05:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
^ I PMed everyone (did you not get yours? =S) asking them to pick a specific time to start the draft. Just a couple of time suggestions so far.
You pick the time, I'll be logged on. Those who don't show up should miss their turn and make do with the leftovers. That'll make them show up. They can always PM you beforehand if there's a problem with the time. Then you post the most convenient time for everyone in the OP of the match thread.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 7, 2012, 05:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I see this Draft will take a lot of time. BTW I am 12 so I wont have good team anyway. Best way is to make draft rotational.

First Pick: Team-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16

Second Pick: Team-2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1

Third Pick: Team-3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2

And so on. That way its much fair.
Old August 7, 2012, 05:15 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I can start right now. I don't have any issue with the time. It's all up to the GMs. But I'm willing to wait till tonight since I did open the thread this morning. So I'll just give everyone some time log in.

Kohli was here. I guess I should've just asked him to start. He will be regular. So I'll wait for him.
Old August 7, 2012, 05:17 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I see this Draft will take a lot of time. BTW I am 12 so I wont have good team anyway. Best way is to make draft rotational.

First Pick: Team-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16

Second Pick: Team-2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1

Third Pick: Team-3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2

And so on. That way its much fair.
Bro it's snake draft.
Old August 7, 2012, 05:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Shipon's is a good idea in light of fairness. Also, having 2 picks per round would reduce the number of rounds to 8.

So why don't we do 2 picks per round with shuffled places from the 2nd to the 8th round?
Old August 7, 2012, 05:18 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Bro it's snake draft.

Ok, did not know the technical name for it. Is that what you are doing.
Old August 7, 2012, 05:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I say you start the first round off now and see how long it takes to complete.
Old August 7, 2012, 05:20 PM
Cricket Savant

I'm meeting a deadline ATM (4:19AM in Dhaka) and will be superbusy until about 4PM, BST.
Old August 7, 2012, 05:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Please post the draft schedule, meaning who goes when in which round.
Old August 7, 2012, 05:27 PM
Cricket Savant

I say we start the draft in 24 hours.
Old August 7, 2012, 05:29 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Shipon's is a good idea in light of fairness. Also, having 2 picks per round would reduce the number of rounds to 8.

So why don't we do 2 picks per round with shuffled places from the 2nd to the 8th round?
No. I already rejected that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Ok, did not know the technical name for it. Is that what you are doing.
No. Snake draft is when it flip-flops every round. Snake known as THE most fairest draft styles out there.

---------------------

Rules on the draft have been finalized. And they can't and will not be changed anymore. I took suggestions all week long. Rules are fine the way they are, and they are not the issue. Issue is like getting people to come online so they can draft.
Old August 7, 2012, 05:31 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
I say we start the draft in 24 hours.
Sounds good to me. I'm willing to wait for the people I know who will be regular (based on their activity so far). And Kohli has been active. As he is the first pick, I'm willing to wait for him for 24 hrs.
Old August 7, 2012, 05:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Now that the rules have been finalized, please go ahead and post the draft schedule, meaning the order of picks in each of the 16 rounds.
Old August 7, 2012, 05:37 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

2nd post of the draft thread shows the schedule. Now you guys have flip it every other round/ every even number round. I expecting the managers to be able to do that.

It can also be found on the news section http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...82&postcount=3

I also posted it on the previous page.
Old August 7, 2012, 05:38 PM
Cricket Savant

BTW, The GM's should get started listing players they want to draft. I'm listing players according to:

1. Their T20 and T20I stats.

2. Upcoming games that will impact those stats.
Old August 7, 2012, 05:42 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Draft Tips 2: Don't pick players based on your heart. As in, just because you love em doesn't mean they aren't good. Good by the INT standard.
Old August 7, 2012, 05:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
2nd post of the draft thread shows the schedule. Now you guys have flip it every other round/ every even number round. I expecting the managers to be able to do that.

It can also be found on the news section http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...82&postcount=3

I also posted it on the previous page.
Please post the order for each of the 16 rounds. That would eliminate confusion for everyone.

We know the order in the round 1 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16).

What's the order from round 2 to 16?

Round 2 (16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1).

Round 3 (back to round 1 order or some other combination? Random draws would be ideal for rounds 3,5,7,9,11,13,15. We can flip those in 4,6,8,10,12,14,16).

Anyway, please post the order of picks for each one the 16 rounds.