facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 26, 2017, 01:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Default Champions Trophy 2017, here we come!!!

Last time I posted an emotional note on Mashrafe's retirement match, I remember thinking I hope and pray the players read this. It will surely fire them up, you can read more on which thread I mean here: http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...ad.php?t=48140 and I wrote something on the test match as well and here (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...31&postcount=8) I promised that I would post again on the champions trophy, I have been thinking all this while what to actually write. Again, I am hoping the players read this and stay focused and motivated on this hard tour, that is set to last more than one and a half months. I thought about the last T20 world cup which had two similiar phases and how that affected us and I hope again the players read this somehow. It is not meant to be a motivational speech like the Mashrafe thread, but I think at this point of time this is what we need.

First of all, we all saw the T20 world cup, eventhough a lot of us here think that the Taskin and Sunny's ban meant the team lost momentum and concentrated on off-field issues rather than on-field. Which is why even from winning positions we lost, but I think the more pertaining factor was the fact that the players were mentally and physically exhausted. We had just played Asia cup, didn't get any time to rest and recuperate, started playing the Qualifying Rounds and before we knew it we were playing India in a high intensity thriller that changed a lot of us. We need to learn first from this mistake, what I am asking the team to do here is be smart about their intensity and commitment at Ireland. Hear me out first, I am not asking the team to lose the matches and not care, but just keep it in mind that their eye on the goal should be Champions Trophy and not the other way round. I hope we rotate our main strike bowlers like Taskin, Mustafizur and give a game to Nasir and Rubel just to suss out the best possible combination. Win all the Ireland matches and look to win atleast one against New Zealand in the Tri Nation series and I am happy.

Talking about combination, I firmly believe we have finally got the correct combination in ODIs, Haturu I didn't believe in your selection mishaps, but I think finally you have a solid squad capable of beating any team. I would like a power hitter in number 8 or 9 but I believe if you give Shabbir enough license to use the first power play and you combine Riyad, Mosaddek, Mashrafe and Miraz, we may be able to get 80-100 runs in the last 10, provided we keep wickets in hand. As we all know though that England wickets are one of the flattest tracks in cricket, and this being an ICC tournament we can expect tracks that will produce a minimum of 300 runs. So we need to bat with intent, rotate scores not whenever we can but everytime and look to find boundaries off bad ball. Haturusinghe needs to tell his players to be positive when they bat.

For the last 3 years we have been playing for Champions Trophy, first it was for qualifying it but now we are playing to win it. Bangladeshi public is not going to be just happy with our participation but I think the time has come to finally challenge the title contenders, not for consolation prize but the main prize itself. Therefore, when the team talk happens, I hope the players talk about winning the prize and not just going past the group stages, you don't have the media know but believe that you can win this. It is going to be very hard though. Australia, New Zealand and England are not pushovers but on the contrary ODI giants.

Personally if you ask me, I am looking forward to competing at the highest level in an ICC tournament. I hope Mashrafe realizes that the time has come for him to step up and really take this as seriously as he can. If by the time of his retirement he hasn't won a tournament, he won't be remembered as the greatest captain from Bangladesh. Legends of the game have atleast one ICC tournament to their name to be called legends. We need Mashrafe to win this simply because it will take our cricket a million miles ahead, we will get 10 more Mashrafes.

What am I looking forward to? I want to see Shakib celebrating with his veins popping out, that's when I know he is in for the fight. I know he has his most competitive self out which in turn for us is gold. I want him to celebrate his heart out. I am looking forward to seeing Mosaddek close out some really close games, because honestly I think that's where his strength lies, the ability to play under tough match situations. I am looking forward to Taskin finally breaching 150 k barrier, I believe this is his best chance in his career. I am looking forward to Mashrafe swinging the ball viciously both ways, because that is his strength and with English conditions I think he is our main bowler, nobody in the bangladeshi squad swings the ball as much as he does. I am looking forward to the senior lot of batters, Riyad Tamim Mushfiqur and Shakib to get us to 300 and well above 300. I want to see the team chasing any target that is set for them methodically. Never stopping to believe any target is out of their reach, if the opposition scores them why can't they should be the logic.

Take the Ireland games as warm ups, that shouldn't affect your confidence. Remember, Champions Trophy is all that matters. Play with freedom, the fact that you are playing Champions Trophy is a positive result in itself, but I think you need to ask yourself as a player are you happy with just participation or do you want to be the first boy in the class. As fans, I think we are waking up to the fact that bilateral series wins don't mean much anymore. We are hungry for an ICC trophy win, I hope that 2017 Champions Trophy is the start of our ambition.

Old April 26, 2017, 02:15 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

We are going to lose all the 3 matches, my expectation will be sommanjonok porajoy
Old April 26, 2017, 02:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
We are going to lose all the 3 matches, my expectation will be sommanjonok porajoy
This post cracked me up... Night_Wolf I cast your eyes back to the 5th day of the 2nd test against Sri Lanka:

Quote:

this match is a lost case..best thing we can do now is try to draw
http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...ad.php?t=48056

I think you are trying to reverse-jinx this like before
Old April 26, 2017, 02:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

It will be tough but not impossible. Allah bhorosha
Old April 26, 2017, 02:39 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
This post cracked me up... Night_Wolf I cast your eyes back to the 5th day of the 2nd test against Sri Lanka:

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...ad.php?t=48056

I think you are trying to reverse-jinx this like before
Shhhhhh!
Old April 26, 2017, 05:29 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

hope its a dry summer in UK
Old April 26, 2017, 05:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
According to all known laws
of aviation,

there is no way a bee
should be able to fly.

Its wings are too small to get
its fat little body off the ground.

The bee, of course, flies anyway

because bees don't care
what humans think is impossible.
Replace bee with Bangladesh and Humans with ICC

IF BANGLADESH goes by this Philosophy They will win all the matches, and the world cup while they`re at it
Old April 26, 2017, 09:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Most likely we will lose all the games. I'm looking forward to the Australia game: that's the game I want to see Bangladesh win.
Old April 26, 2017, 09:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Good luck to the tigers..
Old April 26, 2017, 10:28 AM

Default 'Whatever Bangladesh achieves in Champions Trophy will be big'

[CENTER]

"love affair"

Coach offering "love" to BC fav Nasir!

Quote:
I think I have strong views of how I want to do my job and bring the best out of the Bangladesh team. I want to give something back to the passionate Bangladesh fans and push the players to find their best form or potential in international cricket. Going about doing this kind of thing, if I come across as authoritative, I am not half-bothered because I am doing my job.
Bangladesh coach Chandika Hathurusingha on preparations for England, and his team's recent success in Sri Lanka ...

Please read @ http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...y/1094596.html
Old April 26, 2017, 10:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

^^Is Nasir trying to outmatch Imrul Kayes as the second string wk in the team?

What's up with the gloves ?
Old April 27, 2017, 10:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Okay, when is the deadline for teams to declare their squads?

Wanna get proceedings early on for the fantasy league
Old April 27, 2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Okay, when is the deadline for teams to declare their squads?

Wanna get proceedings early on for the fantasy league
The deadline has past already! It was the 25th April...only India did not announce the squad...
Old April 27, 2017, 11:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
The deadline has past already! It was the 25th April...only India did not announce the squad...
Pretty sure ICC will extend that deadline.

Or they might close up shop and go ahead with their tournament minus India.
Old April 28, 2017, 12:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Pretty sure ICC will extend that deadline.

Or they might close up shop and go ahead with their tournament minus India.
That would be the appropriate thing to do but I doubt ICC has the balls to do that.... they lost it long time ago.
Old April 28, 2017, 12:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Till May 25th one can make changes to the team. After that only injuries will let anyone replace a player.
Old April 28, 2017, 04:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Till May 25th one can make changes to the team. After that only injuries will let anyone replace a player.
So we can get the ball rolling for the fantasy league?
Old April 28, 2017, 09:23 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Add a rule that Indian players will earn you negetive points. It'll be an instant hit in current situation!
Old April 29, 2017, 06:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Add a rule that Indian players will earn you negetive points. It'll be an instant hit in current situation!
No Indian players should be included in the fantasy league.

If ICC can't ban them, we can.
Old April 29, 2017, 07:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Don't expect us to do well with our current toothless bowling attack on those placid English wickets.

Top order is shaping up quite nicely though. Tamim, shakib, mushy, Sabbir and Soumya all of them looked to be in good form in the recently finished series against LA Lankans.

But overall, Team is looking quite fragile at the moment with no hard hitter lower order batsman. The outcry for Nasir's inclusion clearly indicates the miserable conditions of our lower order batters.
Old April 29, 2017, 09:21 AM
Cricket Savant

I only worry about Shaun Marsh, Ken Williamson, J Root.

Warner forner, guptil fuptil, Morgan forgan - shob dud bhat. They better worry about Fizzzzzzzz. This is no 24 ball storm. This is 60 ball hurricane.
Old April 29, 2017, 09:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
There is a conflict of interest. BD plays 3 games first. If they don't make it to semis then that is it. I can't root for opposition players (even secretly to win the Fantasy) when the bd game is on in a BC fantasy game. How to incorporate other games?

If you have two sets of rules for BD games and non-BD games, then it complicates things.

But I am still thinking....
Old April 29, 2017, 04:58 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

I feel sorry for the guys. It so flippin cold in UK ATM
Old May 1, 2017, 05:09 AM
Cricket Legend

আইসিসির সংশোধিত ওয়ানডে র্যাঙ্কিং আজ প্রকাশিত হয়েছে। ২০১৪ সালের পর থেকে দলগুলোর পারফরম্যান্সে ওপর ভিত্তি করে সাজানো এই র্যাঙ্কিংয়ে বাংলাদেশ নিজেদের অবস্থান ধরে রেখেছে। সাতেই আছে বাংলাদেশ। তবে ২০১৪ সালের মাঝপথের একের পর এক সিরিজ হারের প্রভাবটাও পড়েছে রেটিং পয়েন্টে। গত সপ্তাহেও বাংলাদেশের রেটিং ছিল ৯২ পয়েন্ট, সেটা আজ ১ পয়েন্ট কমেছে। পুনর্বিন্যস্ত র্যাঙ্কিং তবু বাংলাদেশের আশা বাড়িয়ে দিয়েছে। কারণ, পয়েন্টের এমন ওলট-পালটে ক্ষতিগ্রস্ত হয়েছে নিচের দিকে থাকা সব দল। আটে থাকা পাকিস্তানের (৮৮) পয়েন্টও ২ কমছে। সবচেয়ে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ, নয়ে থাকা ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ ৪ পয়েন্ট হারিয়েছে। ক্যারিবীয়দের পয়েন্ট এখন ৭৯। বাংলাদেশ তাদের চেয়ে এগিয়ে আছে ১২ পয়েন্টে। এর মধ্যে ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজের এই ব্যবধান কমিয়ে আনার সম্ভাবনা তেমন নেই বললেই চলে। এ কারণে আয়ারল্যান্ড ও নিউজিল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে ত্রিদেশীয় সিরিজ কিংবা চ্যাম্পিয়নস ট্রফিতে অবিশ্বাস্য কোনো ভরাডুবি না হলে ২০১৯ বিশ্বকাপে সরাসরি অংশগ্রহণ প্রায় নিশ্চিত বাংলাদেশের। কারণ, ৩০ সেপ্টেম্বরের কাট অফ সময়ের আগে প্রথম আট দলই যে সে সুযোগটা পাবে। সে তুলনায় আরেকটি অর্জনেরও একটা সুযোগ আছে বাংলাদেশের। ত্রিদেশীয় সিরিজে আয়ারল্যান্ডকে দুই ম্যাচে হারালে এবং নিউজিল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে এক ম্যাচ জিতলেই র্যাঙ্কিংয়ে ছয়ে উঠে আসবে বাংলাদেশ। কারণ, সংশোধিত র্যাঙ্কিংয়ে ছয়ে থাকা শ্রীলঙ্কা হারিয়েছে ৫ রেটিং পয়েন্ট। লঙ্কানরা এখন ৯৩ পয়েন্ট নিয়ে বাংলাদেশের হাতের নাগালে। প্রতি বছর এই সময়ে র্যাঙ্কিং সংশোধন করে আইসিসি। তাতে আগের তিন বছরের খেলার পয়েন্টগুলোই শুধু যুক্ত হয়, এর আগের পয়েন্টগুলো বাদ দেওয়া হয়। গত এক বছরের (২০১৬-এর মে থেকে) ম্যাচগুলোর অর্জিত পয়েন্টের শতভাগ নেওয়া হয়। এর আগের দুই বছরের (২০১৪ থেকে ২০১৬ সালের এপ্রিল) ম্যাচগুলোর পয়েন্ট নেওয়া হয় অর্ধেক। ২০১৫ সালে বাংলাদেশ অবিস্মরণীয় সাফল্য পেয়েছিল ওয়ানডেতে। সেই সময়ের পাওয়া পয়েন্ট অর্ধেক যোগ হয়েছে, আগের রেটিংয়ে যোগ হয়েছিল শতভাগ। এ কারণে রেটিং পয়েন্ট কমেছে বাংলাদেশের। আইসিসি। সংশোধিত ওয়ানডে র্যাঙ্কিং দল বর্তমান পয়েন্ট (আগে দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকা ১২৩ (১১৯) অস্ট্রেলিয়া ১১৮ (১১৮) ভারত ১১৭ (১১২) নিউজিল্যান্ড ১১৫ (১১২) ইংল্যান্ড ১০৯ (১০৮) শ্রীলঙ্কা ৯৩ (৯৮) বাংলাদেশ ৯১ (৯২) পাকিস্তান ৮৮ (৯০) ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ ৭৯ (৮৩) আফগানিস্তান ৫২ (৫২) জিম্বাবুয়ে ৪৬ (৪৮) sports bd
Old May 2, 2017, 02:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Mushfiqur scored 134 Runs.