facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 12, 2006, 12:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Default problem with bangladesh cricket

since becoming a test playing nation we havent really improved much. yea we did improve but in 6 years we havent improved as much as we should have. the biggest problem is our domestic cricket. our domestic cricket needs to change entirely. here are few things i believe that we should do.
1)make dhaka league a first class tournament. even if icc dont approve it, dhaka league should have 4 days matches followed by one day match. like we have rightnow with national league. and each team should be allowed to have 3 foreign cricketer. this will improve the level of cricket. and there should be a set time when this league will go on. could be in month of july-aug or sept-oct, doesnt matter but there should be a set time. in those 2-3 months we should try to avoid any international match so our national team players could play. but if we have to play international matches then the league should still go on without the national team players. now players arent even sure when our domestic season will start. we need a set time so even players who dont play cricket for our national team can earn a living by playing domestic cricket. and they will work harder and it will increase the level of cricket.
2)we should keep national cricket tournament, six division playing home and away matches. but this tournament should have set time as well.
3)corporate league should have a set time as well. and this should allow 1/2 foreign players. i think corporate league should be right before dhaka league so players can prepare for dhaka league by playing in the corporate league.
4)we should have a tournament where district plays eachother. like we have in football. we have 64 districts, we could separate it into 8 groups. this will give chance for alot of young players to show their talents.

bcb is making alot of money rightnow. but they are not focusing on improving our domestic cricket. only way to take our cricket to the next level is by improving our cricket at home. if we have some kind of tournaments throughout the year then players who dont play for national team will also have chance to play cricket all year long. and we will have alot of people making living just by playing cricket. this will give us more players and increase the level of cricket in our country.
Old October 12, 2006, 02:22 PM
Cricket Sage

The problem with BD team is its like ...

Whats the point trying revive it? Its time to scrap this ship and build a brand new one.
Old October 12, 2006, 02:49 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

Whats the point trying revive it? Its time to scrap this ship and build a brand new one.
True. But the scary part is that the new materials seems to be the reincarnated version of old materials. So the new ship will probably suck just like the old one.
Old October 12, 2006, 03:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
True. But the scary part is that the new materials seems to be the reincarnated version of old materials. So the new ship will probably suck just like the old one.
Why not compare the old and new in a small scale? meaning a challenger trophy where new plays old in a series of 7 matches?
New-look: SN,Nazmus Sadat, Aftab,SH,Mehrab,forhad,Mahmudullah, MR, Razzak, Rasel, Shahadat (thewatcher, insert some more names to make it 14)
Old-haggar: Golla, rana, Ash, Bash, rajin, pilot, alok, rafiq, mash, taposh, najmul or whoever you would like..
Old October 12, 2006, 03:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudro
New-look: SN,Nazmus Sadat, Aftab,SH,Mehrab,forhad,Mahmudullah, MR, Razzak, Rasel, Shahadat (thewatcher, insert some more names to make it 14)
Old-haggar: Golla, rana, Ash, Bash, rajin, pilot, alok, rafiq, mash, taposh, najmul or whoever you would like..
Ha Ha.... you hit the nail rudro. That will burst the myth baloon. They will never do that. If they do that, we know who will win the series, don't we?
Old October 12, 2006, 08:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

how many new ships are you willing to build. what we need is a good workshop.
Old October 12, 2006, 02:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Domestic cricket is a joke right now and BCB better fix it asap. Young players learn how to build an innings and cope with the pressure from the experience of domestic cricket. But seems like in our case, national team is the place a young player learns everything. Its like going to an university to learn ABCD.

BCB need to have a working body who knows what they are doing. This is one of the worst BCB team we ever had. Nowadays, we don't even get a sponsor for our national team. Someone has to fix it after the election. Hopefully, we can have someone dynamic like Saber back into the post.

Also, we used to have a CEO from outside before. There were lots of talk why we had him in the first place. I don't remember his name. I don't know whether its a coincidence but since he left, we have no planning whatsoever. Maybe, we need to bring him back or someone like him.
Old October 12, 2006, 02:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Also, we used to have a CEO from outside before. There were lots of talk why we had him in the first place. I don't remember his name.
macky Dudhia
Old October 12, 2006, 02:47 PM
Cricket Guru

I thought TR. He is everywhere!!
Old October 12, 2006, 03:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

we got the test status too early. we didnt deserve to play test bak then. the situation is preety much the same
Old October 12, 2006, 04:28 PM
Cricket Legend

problem? what problem?

Back to sleep: zzzz Bangladesh will win 2007 WC zzz zzz zzz
Old October 12, 2006, 08:29 PM
Test Cricketer

fixing our domestic structure is a must. bcb is busy changing their name. who cares what the name is. dhaka league needs to be a 4 day tournament followed by 1 day match like we have with our national league. and dhaka league needs to have 3 foreign players in each team. i dont think its too hard to do. those idoit needs to get it through their head that we cant get players into national team after one great show for a-team or u-19 team.
Old October 12, 2006, 10:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Several people have mentioned including foreign players in the domestic teams.

Where exactly would these players come from, and why would they want to play in Bangladesh's domestic league? You might only end up getting low quality players from Uganda or something..
Old October 13, 2006, 01:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battye
Several people have mentioned including foreign players in the domestic teams.

Where exactly would these players come from, and why would they want to play in Bangladesh's domestic league? You might only end up getting low quality players from Uganda or something..
many famous foreign players played in dhaka league. raman lamba, afridi, takalo. i am not sure i think wasim akram also played. and i know few srilankan national team players played in dhaka league. by making dhaka league like how our national league is rightnow (having 4 days match followed by 1 day match), this will attract many more players. specially if bcb could make this into a first class tournament. not only dhaka league there should be some kind of cricket throughout the year. corporate league, national league. we could have district playing against eachother like we have now in football. bcb needs to improve our domestic cricket asap. dhaka league should be the proving ground for players who wants to get into the national team or a-team.
i believe if dhaka league becomes a first class tournament and it allows 3 foreign players in each team, this league will gain popularity. bcb will make more money and players will make more money. i dont know why bcb is not trying to make dhaka league into a first class tournament.