facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 17, 2019, 02:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
I still do not support the decision to bowl first, we do not have impact bowlers and WIndies just exposed that.
Prolly not his fault, he's understandably putting his trust on Rhodes' judgement here.

Old June 17, 2019, 02:21 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Batting first could have gone wrong. It was a day game and WI seamers couldve run through our top order early in the innings. Also, with a possibility of rain, bowling first is always better as you dont know how long the innings will last.
Old June 20, 2019, 08:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Soumya Sarkar has now taken more wickets in one match than Mashrafe in the last 7 matches

🔥
Old June 20, 2019, 10:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Soumya Sarkar has now taken more wickets in one match than Mashrafe in the last 7 matches

🔥
Halfway through the tournament....finally found our strike bowler guys
Old June 20, 2019, 11:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Soumya Sarkar to open the bowling next game against India
Old June 20, 2019, 01:17 PM
Cricket Legend

I think Mash should just retire along with rubel. Our bowling is toothless
Old June 20, 2019, 01:25 PM

Yes Mash needs to retire asap so Rubel, Taskin can be permanent in the squad. Aussies badly needed Taskin for the world record today
Old June 20, 2019, 01:40 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

The expectation from rubel was too high and now the criticism is too harsh as well. This wicket was a batting paradise and he had a rampaging Warner to bowl to. Shakib managed to bowl just 6 overs and he is the no 1 all rounder. Rubel tried the yorkers but missed his length. It was relentless pressure from aussie power hitters. If rubel has to retire then rashid khan should retire as well. Lets first see how he does on a wicket that has something for the bowlers and against teams close to our level
Old June 20, 2019, 01:45 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Mash's injury is costing us dearly in this world cup. Been a Mash fan my all these years, but an injured Mash is painful to watch to be honest. Only 1 wicket from 5 matches is not acceptable at all
Old June 20, 2019, 01:48 PM
Cricket Sage

If he is injured, why he is playing?

Is fulfilling his ego is more important than the team?

What kind of message is he sending to the team as a leader?
Old June 20, 2019, 01:50 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Mash's injury is costing us dearly in this world cup. Been a Mash fan my all these years, but an injured Mash is painful to watch to be honest. Only 1 wicket from 5 matches is not acceptable at all
Yes. He goes off the field frequently. Probably for knee treatment. He knows the end is near as well and i think he is playing through the pain because the team wants him in the field. I wonder if Ryad can take over after this WC.
Old June 20, 2019, 01:53 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Yes. He goes off the field frequently. Probably for knee treatment. He knows the end is near as well and i think he is playing through the pain because the team wants him in the field. I wonder if Ryad can take over after this WC.
He doesnt want to abandon the team in the middle of a world cup. Him quitting would hamper the team momentum significantly. I appreciate that he is playing despite his body not cooperating. But also upset because we have to play with 10 men
Old June 20, 2019, 01:55 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
He doesnt want to abandon the team in the middle of a world cup. Him quitting would hamper the team momentum significantly. I appreciate that he is playing despite his body not cooperating. But also upset because we have to play with 10 men
Well when the captaincy options are mushfiq and shakib what can you do? With mushfiq as captain we wont win a single game. He is the captain that chose soumya as the 2nd pacer in a test match and chose to bowl first. Shakib is also not leadership material.
Old June 20, 2019, 02:03 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Well when the captaincy options are mushfiq and shakib what can you do? With mushfiq as captain we wont win a single game. He is the captain that chose soumya as the 2nd pacer in a test match and chose to bowl first. Shakib is also not leadership material.
Ya our misfortune really. We have no option. I know many would cry out for Mash to come back once he retires. But I also think that like everything else in life, Mash's career is also coming to an end very soon. Its the reality. We have to accept Shak's captaincy and move on
Old June 20, 2019, 02:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

But... but... he is not helping the team by staying in the field either. Its not only his batting and fielding, his fielding is pretty limited because of his physical condition.
Old June 20, 2019, 02:11 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
But... but... he is not helping the team by staying in the field either. Its not only his batting and fielding, his fielding is pretty limited because of his physical condition.
Ya I agree. Our misfortune really
Old June 20, 2019, 02:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
I wonder if Ryad can take over after this WC.
Eida ki koilen?
Old June 20, 2019, 02:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...shrafe-mortaza

fun little article on Koushik
Old June 20, 2019, 02:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Its not that Mashrafee is a great captain. He is an above average captain at best. Its sound like that (great captain) because our past experience with others were even worst.

Now Mashrafee can motivate players outside the field. But then he can do that as a team manager. No need for him to be a one legged player in the team.
Old June 20, 2019, 02:54 PM

At this point of a career, its perfectly normal for a seamer to be more of a run containing bowler rather then a wicket taking one. I really dont understand why people keep complaining about fitness when this is exactly how fit he has been since 2011. People werent complaining last year. Its funny how some of you guys know how good the bench strength is in terms of a seamer and yet you would rather have them over someone who has been a proven performer for over a decade.

Obviously he doesnt have the venom left to be effective in this condition, but its also true that the minute we play in Sub continent conditions, he will be back to being the no. 1 bowler and suddenly no on would complain about his 120k deliveries. Stop looking for a change just for the sake of having it. Without Mash's direction and contribution, our seam attack is virtually invisible in the two formats he doesnt play. If there were other better seamers, why dont we have a good seam attack in T20? or test? The problem lies with all our seamers as they dont have the experience or consistency required to perform overseas.

By now, Fizz, Rubel are expected to take charge in the pace department but Mash cannot rely on either one of them to bowl with the new ball. Fizz has to be used in a very specific way in order to be effective, Rubel cant open, cant close, so he is basically there to bowl overs that are normally bowled by spinners or part timers.

I am not gonna try to explain to this new set of haters he got himself after this election. I dont even need to as he will be gone soon. But his bowling even at this form will be missed by even his biggest haters.

Finally, Mash doesnt need the team, the team needs Mash. Mash has everything set up for his career beyond cricket. Every game he is playing, he is playing because the team needs him to. Best of luck to Shakib leading the side with Rubel/Taskin as the opening bowler.
Old June 20, 2019, 03:04 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Who is going to replace Mashrafe? Rubel? And he will perform better than Mashrafe?

Only in dreams. Rubel can’t handle pressures and has been poor in death overs in big matches.

Mashrafe will retire after the World Cup and we need a better bowler to replace him. We don’t have that bowler yet.
Old June 20, 2019, 07:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Mash has no capacity to think outside the box. Was he truly expecting Tamim to provide us a start needed to chase down 382?!

I would have taken a chance with Liton top of the order.
Old June 20, 2019, 08:09 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Its not that Mashrafee is a great captain. He is an above average captain at best. Its sound like that (great captain) because our past experience with others were even worst.

Now Mashrafee can motivate players outside the field. But then he can do that as a team manager. No need for him to be a one legged player in the team.
right we dont need a one legged player..we need a half brain player like rubel the nayak hossain in place of mash
Old June 20, 2019, 09:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

What damage can Rahi do what Rubel/Mash did not. He can share the ball with Soummya. Let Mashrafe go do his day job or if BCB allows poke his nose once a while in team activities as most retired sub-continent cricketers do regardless of their later position (pm, mp etc,)
Old June 21, 2019, 01:29 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Mash should have had Warner's wicket if Shabbir held on to that catch. Australia got one chance to run Soumya out and they did, we never seem to grab these half chances.